[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/2/2023  6:43 PM
Just watched Prey on Hulu. Not bad.

I would have enjoyed it more if they actually got Aubrey Plaza to play the heroine (and if she just played herself as well) ...

[IMG_block] https://external-preview.redd.it/Cohd7sUDQ-qFbrnt3JM1gcujx1HDDyAFfZ_r4uHE5YI.jpg?auto=webp&s=6a8c34235c57673229b89d03f3cf677380a231df [/IMG_block]

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/2/2023  10:53 PM
ToddTT wrote:Just watched Prey on Hulu. Not bad.

I would have enjoyed it more if they actually got Aubrey Plaza to play the heroine (and if she just played herself as well) ...

[IMG_block] https://external-preview.redd.it/Cohd7sUDQ-qFbrnt3JM1gcujx1HDDyAFfZ_r4uHE5YI.jpg?auto=webp&s=6a8c34235c57673229b89d03f3cf677380a231df [/IMG_block]

I'm a big Aubrey Plaza fan, but Im cool with Amber. I saw her potential in Legion, which also featured Aubrey Plaza, and I'm interested in seeing how her future progresses. I'm also hoping for pirates Prey, a samurai Prey and a Prey in Africa.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/3/2023  7:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2023  7:25 AM
Anyone follow any cooking shows or home repair shows ? I started watching YouTube for cooking tips and Video Jug for tutorials on how to do small home repairs. I am of Puerto Rican and Jamaican descent and have gotten some good tips on the dishes of my origins as well as food from the Spanish and English mother countries. Plus, different national cuisines and tips on American BBQ. Also seen blogs on local NYC restaurants from Korean fusion, Guyanese and Greek places in Queens, pizza and vegan places in Brooklyn, French inspired food from Vietnam and Africa,throughout the City. After the quarantine family have spent as much time as possible exploring NYC. Also love finding good Irish and English Pubs and Diners for the wide variety of food they offer. NYC is a great place to live. Where there is great food there is a great life !
ToddTT
12/3/2023  7:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I'm a big Aubrey Plaza fan, but Im cool with Amber. I saw her potential in Legion, which also featured Aubrey Plaza, and I'm interested in seeing how her future progresses. I'm also hoping for pirates Prey, a samurai Prey and a Prey in Africa.

Oh, Amber was fine.

What I want is to see Aubrey Plaza take down a Predator. Like, they would call the movie Aubrey vs Predator.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/7/2023  7:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Me too. The story was about a kid who wanted to be like her big brother. Aubrey from "Parks and Rec" might have pulled it off. I liked how it was first rate action film, shot like "Dances with Wolves" Some great cinematography. Amber was fierce, no complaints here.

I would LOVE a samurai version of Predator. Something that follows the original. A team of samurai sent on a mission against a rival warlord, and finds the predator was already there. And then the fun starts.

GustavBahler

12/7/2023  8:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2023  8:02 PM
Watched the last "Raiders of the Losr Ark" film. I really enjoyed it. More than I thought I would. Big fan of James Mangold, very versatile director.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/10/2023  2:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2023  2:49 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Anyone follow any cooking shows or home repair shows ? I started watching YouTube for cooking tips and Video Jug for tutorials on how to do small home repairs. I am of Puerto Rican and Jamaican descent and have gotten some good tips on the dishes of my origins as well as food from the Spanish and English mother countries. Plus, different national cuisines and tips on American BBQ. Also seen blogs on local NYC restaurants from Korean fusion, Guyanese and Greek places in Queens, pizza and vegan places in Brooklyn, French inspired food from Vietnam and Africa,throughout the City. After the quarantine family have spent as much time as possible exploring NYC. Also love finding good Irish and English Pubs and Diners for the wide variety of food they offer. NYC is a great place to live. Where there is great food there is a great life !

Was flipping around channels last night and came across the Food Network Where Tari Eason was cooking Jerk Chicken in Negril. I think it was called “Tari Eason can solve anything”…..
On HDTV, Tari eason was renovating a Kitchen and had some really good takes how to lay tile on the new show “On point with Tari Eason”.
On AMC, “Tari Eason Live” was hosting a cooking competition you might want to check out!
National Geographic channel had “Tari Eason’s wild kingdom” were he take tourists on Safari and shows them various species.
CNN Caitlin Collins I guess was on break but they introduced a new segment “Tari Eason Gaza” was met with limited appeal. Perhaps like this bit, he is being over exposed!

GustavBahler

12/10/2023  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2023  6:11 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Anyone follow any cooking shows or home repair shows ? I started watching YouTube for cooking tips and Video Jug for tutorials on how to do small home repairs. I am of Puerto Rican and Jamaican descent and have gotten some good tips on the dishes of my origins as well as food from the Spanish and English mother countries. Plus, different national cuisines and tips on American BBQ. Also seen blogs on local NYC restaurants from Korean fusion, Guyanese and Greek places in Queens, pizza and vegan places in Brooklyn, French inspired food from Vietnam and Africa,throughout the City. After the quarantine family have spent as much time as possible exploring NYC. Also love finding good Irish and English Pubs and Diners for the wide variety of food they offer. NYC is a great place to live. Where there is great food there is a great life !

One of the things I miss most about NYC, all the great food from around the world. I started collecting cookbooks a couple of years before the pandemic. Have about 60-70 Im guesing. Biggest surprise was how much some of them shot up in value over the years. Here are some suggestions based on your post.

I literally waited years to pick this cookbook up at a decent price. From all the reviews Ive read, this is the one to get. Out of print and pricey but old school Jamaican cookbook.

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Taste-Jamaica-Enid-Donaldson/dp/9766370214/ref=mp_s_a_1_28?crid=I9PDDHVLIPKV&keywords=jamaican+cookbook+traditional+jamaican&qid=1702248738&sprefix=jamaican+cookbook%2Caps%2C984&sr=8-28#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

This coobook is also out of print. For years the price used was around $400.00. They have some listed for $80 now, worth getting. Its by New Orleans most famous chef who sadly passed away during hurricane Katrina. Cooked for celebrities and president.

https://www.amazon.com/Austin-Leslies-Creole-Soul-Orleans-Cooking/dp/1883100100/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?crid=289YZOGK88Q9W&keywords=creole+soul+cookbook&qid=1702248884&sprefix=creole+soul+cookbook%2Caps%2C439&sr=8-31

This last one is in print, a lot less expensive, its a cookbook from all the British Isles, lots of pub food. Great reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Cooking-British-Isles-Photographs/dp/0754834220/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=3TRSYLCTF622R&keywords=british+isles+cookbook&qid=1702248834&sprefix=brish+isle+cookbook%2Caps%2C312&sr=8-3

ToddTT
12/14/2023  7:01 PM
Looks like the price just dropped…

https://www.nba.com/watch/league-pass-stream

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/15/2023  12:30 PM
Reacher Season 2 👍
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/15/2023  1:21 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Reacher Season 2 👍

Oh, I was waiting on this one

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/15/2023  1:26 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Reacher Season 2 👍

Oh, I was waiting on this one

Only have seen the trailers but I'm up for this one!

ToddTT
12/27/2023  8:11 PM
I signed up for Apple TV+ to watch Monarch: Legacy of Monsters.

Yeah, that was a mistake.

I'm hoping that Ted Lasso lives up to the hype.

Anything else worth watching on Apple TV+?

GustavBahler

12/27/2023  8:31 PM
Watched "The Creator" very good action sci-fi about AI. Visually stunning, the kind of big budget movies they made pre-Marvel. Which Ive enjoyed, but the Doctor Strange, and Spiderverse films are the only solid franchises since Endgame. I did like Quantuumania which got bad reviews. Its more of a family movie like Lost in Space than the standard Marvel action films which is was compared to.

Watched season 2 of Strange New Worlds. Have to give them credit for trying some new things, instead of mainly recycling old plots from the original series like every other spinoff. Not always a bad thing. Can be fun if they add a new twist.

Star Trek the musical I was not expecting. The finale was fing hilarious. We knew this was a prequel to the original series, but with all the cameos by the new Kirk, it looks like that show will get its first reboot in almost 60 years.

BigDaddyG

12/27/2023  9:09 PM
ToddTT wrote:I signed up for Apple TV+ to watch Monarch: Legacy of Monsters.

Yeah, that was a mistake.

I'm hoping that Ted Lasso lives up to the hype.

Anything else worth watching on Apple TV+?

I like Monarch, it's OK. Personally, I think Foundation is the series on Apple TV.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/27/2023  9:10 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Watched "The Creator" very good action sci-fi about AI. Visually stunning, the kind of big budget movies they made pre-Marvel. Which Ive enjoyed, but the Doctor Strange, and Spiderverse films are the only solid franchises since Endgame. I did like Quantuumania which got bad reviews. Its more of a family movie like Lost in Space than the standard Marvel action films which is was compared to.

Watched season 2 of Strange New Worlds. Have to give them credit for trying some new things, instead of mainly recycling old plots from the original series like every other spinoff. Not always a bad thing. Can be fun if they add a new twist.

Star Trek the musical I was not expecting. The finale was fing hilarious. We knew this was a prequel to the original series, but with all the cameos by the new Kirk, it looks like that show will get its first reboot in almost 60 years.

I liked Creator up until it's ending. I stan for Gemma Chan.
GustavBahler

12/28/2023  2:21 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Watched "The Creator" very good action sci-fi about AI. Visually stunning, the kind of big budget movies they made pre-Marvel. Which Ive enjoyed, but the Doctor Strange, and Spiderverse films are the only solid franchises since Endgame. I did like Quantuumania which got bad reviews. Its more of a family movie like Lost in Space than the standard Marvel action films which is was compared to.

I liked Creator up until it's ending. I stan for Gemma Chan.

Agree about the last couple of minutes, which was an odd ending. Didnt ruin it for me though, just seemed IDK.. squishy.

One of those movies that makes for re-watching, because there is so much going on visually.

The ending wasnt as bad as the ending of the sci-fi "Sunshine" which had an unecessary plot twist IMO.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/28/2023  10:30 AM
My best shows this year in no particular order - Last of Us, Snowfall, Barry, Bear, Jury Duty, Ashoka, Gen V, Ted Lasso

And this new documentary on WW2 on Netflix is outstanding!

GustavBahler

1/15/2024  1:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2024  1:49 PM
Paid 20 bucks on PPV for Ridley Scott's "Napoleon. Waste of $$$ IMO.

Read a bunch of books on Napoleon. My favorite is "The Campaigns of Napoleon" by David Chandler. Really in depth look at his battle tactics.

Anyway, most of it is about Napoleon and Josephine. Little else given enough weight. Like his brilliant marshals. Nothing on Fouché, who was J Edgar Hoover, before he was. Lots of interesting subplots discarded in service of a melodrama.

Even the buildings looked sandblasted.

Didnt want a hagiography, Napoleon didnt deserve one. Just a more in depth look at the man. Would have been worth an extra hour running time.

BigDaddyG

1/15/2024  3:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Paid 20 bucks on PPV for Ridley Scott's "Napoleon. Waste of $$$ IMO.

Read a bunch of books on Napoleon. My favorite is "The Campaigns of Napoleon" by David Chandler. Really in depth look at his battle tactics.

Anyway, most of it is about Napoleon and Josephine. Little else given enough weight. Like his brilliant marshals. Nothing on Fouché, who was J Edgar Hoover, before he was. Lots of interesting subplots discarded in service of a melodrama.

Even the buildings looked sandblasted.

Didnt want a hagiography, Napoleon didnt deserve one. Just a more in depth look at the man. Would have been worth an extra hour running time.

Thanks. Was debating wether or not to 🏴‍☠️ it. Won't wast my time now. As an aside, the new season of True Detective looks interesting. I liked the last season, but I think it got unfairly judged due to the sudden public turn against the showrunner.

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy