[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/3/2023  8:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Got the new mission impossible. Fun movie amazing stunts, unusual villain. Glad they brought back a character from the first MI. Helped make the first one a success.

I was meàning to check it out in the theaters, but Oppenheimer won out and I have so many 2 hour plus movies in me in a given month. But I'll eventually get to it. Invincible season 2 just dropped and that's going to take up any free time I have this month.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/3/2023  8:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Got the new mission impossible. Fun movie amazing stunts, unusual villain. Glad they brought back a character from the first MI. Helped make the first one a success.

I was meàning to check it out in the theaters, but Oppenheimer won out and I have so many 2 hour plus movies in me in a given month. But I'll eventually get to it. Invincible season 2 just dropped and that's going to take up any free time I have this month.

I liked that the car stunts werent cartoonish like the later F&F franchise films. Passed on the last one.

Im finally moving at the end of the year, been without high speed internet since 2015, so no streaming in the sticks.

Looking forward to city life(somewhere) and catching up on shows.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2023  11:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I liked that the car stunts werent cartoonish like the later F&F franchise films. Passed on the last one.

Im finally moving at the end of the year, been without high speed internet since 2015, so no streaming in the sticks.

What region are in now and What cities are you considering?

GustavBahler

11/5/2023  3:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

What region are in now and What cities are you considering?

PNW. Thinking about this neighborhood in Charlotte where I hear there are a lot of Knicks fans. And you can drop in any time univited, and made to feel right at home!

IDK Nalod. Southwest is about the only region I havent lived but its too fing hot now. Maybe back to the NE, havent lived there since I left NYC in the mid 90s if my finances will allow. Cant go into the particulars.

All humor about the South aside, my mother grew up in the south, and was raised in part on southern cooking. Have several stacks of cookbooks on the subject.

One snack I grew to appreciate in my early 20s is boiled peanuts. They take a long time to make, but
worth it. This is the best recipe for Florida style boiled peanuts Ive found. You used to be able to buy them along the highway. Not so much when I left. The reviews also give some good tips.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/170008/rachaels-superheated-cajun-boiled-peanuts/

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/5/2023  5:24 PM
OMG **** daylight savings time.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

11/5/2023  5:43 PM
OMG **** New York Giants game.
ToddTT
11/5/2023  6:34 PM
KnickDanger wrote:OMG **** New York Giants game.

I'm not watching. Are we winning?!?

Wait! Don't tell me... I want to be surprised. :D

ToddTT
11/15/2023  6:59 PM
Any of you old bastards ever blast this on your Alpine car stereo?

GustavBahler

11/22/2023  8:21 PM
Ive never watched more than half an hour of a Transformers movie. Never seen a franchise make the human actors look superfluous.

When I heard the good reviews and that Micheal Bay wasnt directing it. I thought I would check it out. Transformers:Rise of the Beasts is a lot of fun. Good writing, CGI. The lead actors were very good as well. The movie starts in NYC in 1994. The soundtrack is almost entirely early 90s East coast Hip Hop. Which surprised the hell out of me lol.

BigDaddyG

11/22/2023  10:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2023  10:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Ive never watched more than half an hour of a Transformers movie. Never seen a franchise make the human actors look superfluous.

When I heard the good reviews and that Micheal Bay wasnt directing it. I thought I would check it out. Transformers:Rise of the Beasts is a lot of fun. Good writing, CGI. The lead actors were very good as well. The movie starts in NYC in 1994. The soundtrack is almost entirely early 90s East coast Hip Hop. Which surprised the hell out of me lol.

I agree, the movie is surprisingly good. The ending and epilogue are goofy, but I just went with it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
11/25/2023  5:38 PM
Hulu with ads is 99 cents a month for a year right now.

Anything good or bad to say about Hulu?

And how annoying/frequent are the ads?

Deal ends in a few days.

BigDaddyG

11/25/2023  5:51 PM
ToddTT wrote:Hulu with ads is 99 cents a month for a year right now.

Deal ends in a few days.

Adds don't bother me much. I think I would chose it over Disney+. Decent movie choices. I know I can always flip on the Alien franchise if bored. Also some good shows from FX... The Bear, What we do in the Shadows. Decent anime selection. Haven't watched the live sports, but will probably start soon with CBB getting serious.
GustavBahler

11/27/2023  7:43 PM
Some very important news. They're running new episodes of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on Adult Swim.
BigDaddyG

11/28/2023  12:31 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Some very important news. They're running new episodes of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on Adult Swim.

Nice. I saw the last Venture Bros movie and thought that marked the end of an era. Good to see Aqua Teen still hanging in there. I think I remember one of the creators saying they needed twice as many episodes to reach syndication due to it's short length. Not sure if he was serious, but whatever. They might even have another movie in them.

Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
11/28/2023  12:58 PM
ToddTT wrote:Hulu with ads is 99 cents a month for a year right now.

Deal ends in a few days.

I’m a little late on this but I jumped on this and the Disney+ bundle for 2.99 for the year (with ads)

Hulu has “murderers in the building” which is ok. “The Bear” which is great TV….and I’m finally watching “Sons of Anarchy” and really enjoying it.
They have some pretty decent TV viewing

GustavBahler

11/28/2023  7:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Some very important news. They're running new episodes of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on Adult Swim.

Nice. I saw the last Venture Bros movie and thought that marked the end of an era. Good to see Aqua Teen still hanging in there. I think I remember one of the creators saying they needed twice as many episodes to reach syndication due to it's short length. Not sure if he was serious, but whatever. They might even have another movie in them.

They did a bit about that during their 100th episode with Shake breaking character. IDK if its true.

Cary Means who does the voice of Frylock, apparently had some serious health issues a couple of years ago, so I'm glad he can make money from new episodes. IDK if he gets royalties from old episodes.

GustavBahler

12/1/2023  7:50 PM
BigDaddyG

12/1/2023  11:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

They did a bit about that during their 100th episode with Shake breaking character. IDK if its true.

Cary Means who does the voice of Frylock, apparently had some serious health issues a couple of years ago, so I'm glad he can make money from new episodes. IDK if he gets royalties from old episodes.

Caught the first two episodes and they didn't miss a beat. The final few minutes of the Quiet Place Parody had me crying. Shake was at his psychotic best in the VR episode.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/2/2023  5:45 PM
I don’t know what’s going on here but this is fantastic

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
12/2/2023  6:37 PM
Today (or tomorrow?) is the last day to get Paramount+ for $2 a month for 3 months.

Just signed up to watch Strange New Worlds season 2.

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy