[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/8/2023  3:03 PM
[IMG_block] https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81jNK-9gpmL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg [/IMG_block]

The second season of Primal was released. Two season run. Cant recommend it enough (won an Emmy)
Action packed, very bloody, but also with great storytelling. Grabs you from the first scene. Not for kids.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/8/2023  3:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:[IMG_block] https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81jNK-9gpmL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg [/IMG_block]

The second season of Primal was released. Two season run. Cant recommend it enough (won an Emmy)
Action packed, very bloody, but also with great storytelling. Grabs you from the first scene. Not for kids.

He's got a new fantasy series on HBO max. I'll probably check it this weekend.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
6/15/2023  7:57 PM
Binged Barry the last few weeks. Started out promising. Liked the first two seasons. Took a turn and by the end I just wanted it to be over.

After HBO Max became Max, it has all the past Evil Dead movies. Half way through the original, and my god the budget must have been pitiful! Still… I remember seeing it as a kid and being pretty damn spooked.

BigDaddyG

6/15/2023  8:08 PM
ToddTT wrote:Binged Barry the last few weeks. Started out promising. Liked the first two seasons. Took a turn and by the end I just wanted it to be over.

After HBO Max became Max, it has all the past Evil Dead movies. Half way through the original, and my god the budget must have been pitiful! Still… I remember seeing it as a kid and being pretty damn spooked.

I've come to terms with the Barry finale. I thought this was the weakest season, but I think the ending itself is inline with the overall theme of the show. I hated it after the first viewing, probably because I saw it immediately after the final episode of Succession. Hard act to follow and it's safe to say that it doesn't measure up. I've been watching the show "From." It's a supernatural show that stars Harold Perrinea (Oz, Lost). It has potential, but it's been OK so far. Also finished up Yellow Jackets. It was good enough, but I felt that it was overrated.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/16/2023  2:50 PM
Saw The Flash and it was OK. Not the best comic book movie ever, but it was better than most of the ones that have come out the past few months. I had some problems with the pacing (might've just been me, but I felt the reshoots were evident). And there's a part near the end where the CGI is looks really weird. Ezra Miller was OK from an acting standpoint and Michael Keaton was straight fire as Batman. The actress who plays Supergirl is sexy and I would've loved to see her continue the role. I rank it behind the Spiderverse movies, but I recommend. 3.5 stars
BigDaddyG

6/24/2023  11:14 PM
Just finished watching Asteroid City. Not Anderson's best in my opinion (Zissou is probably my favorite film of his) but it was enjoyable. If you're into Wes Anderson you'll dig it. I know plenty of people who aren't and this isn't the movie that'll change their opinion of him. Also saw Transformers and if you grew up watching them, this movie will hit hard. But be warned. There are certain plot points that will drive you insane.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/25/2023  1:54 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Saw The Flash and it was OK. Not the best comic book movie ever, but it was better than most of the ones that have come out the past few months. I had some problems with the pacing (might've just been me, but I felt the reshoots were evident). And there's a part near the end where the CGI is looks really weird. Ezra Miller was OK from an acting standpoint and Michael Keaton was straight fire as Batman. The actress who plays Supergirl is sexy and I would've loved to see her continue the role. I rank it behind the Spiderverse movies, but I recommend. 3.5 stars
I saw it and I loved it. Ezra didn't bother me. He was adequate. Keaton is ****ing awesome. Need to bring him back in Batman beyond. Supergirl was sexy as ****.
BigDaddyG

6/25/2023  9:06 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Saw The Flash and it was OK. Not the best comic book movie ever, but it was better than most of the ones that have come out the past few months. I had some problems with the pacing (might've just been me, but I felt the reshoots were evident). And there's a part near the end where the CGI is looks really weird. Ezra Miller was OK from an acting standpoint and Michael Keaton was straight fire as Batman. The actress who plays Supergirl is sexy and I would've loved to see her continue the role. I rank it behind the Spiderverse movies, but I recommend. 3.5 stars
I saw it and I loved it. Ezra didn't bother me. He was adequate. Keaton is ****ing awesome. Need to bring him back in Batman beyond. Supergirl was sexy as ****.

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all the negative backlash the Flash has received given all the crap that's happened leading up to it's opening. But it's a decent movie on its own merit. No the worst genre movie I've seen and not the best. It's average. It has its strengths and it has it has it's weaknesses. I'm frustrated that they gave us Supergirl only to put Calle on the shelf. But the DCEU/Warner Bros has been a mess, so I can't say I'm surprised.
NYKBocker
USA
6/30/2023  2:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2023  2:29 PM
Anybody here watch Ted Lasso also? I love that show. Very heart warming and funny. I also love the soundtrack.
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

6/30/2023  3:03 PM
SweetTooth is great.

Extraction 1 is average... II is awful.

Luther is thumbs up.

BigDaddyG

6/30/2023  4:29 PM
fwk00 wrote:SweetTooth is great.

Luther is thumbs up.

Sweet tooth went very under the radar. I think the people get wrong impression because it has sort of this superficial fairytale tone. But it's a very dark show. Hope it gets renewed.

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/2/2023  10:51 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:SweetTooth is great.

Luther is thumbs up.

Sweet tooth went very under the radar. I think the people get wrong impression because it has sort of this superficial fairytale tone. But it's a very dark show. Hope it gets renewed.

A second season is promised. Yes. The title and first show or two are deceptive but great all on their own.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/2/2023  7:51 PM
Finally finished “Better Call Saul”. Way better than “breaking Bad”
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
7/2/2023  7:55 PM
The Bear.

The Bear.

The Bear.

THE BEAR!!!!

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

7/3/2023  3:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2023  3:23 AM
My exile has been spent finally trying some pills you might have seen advertised here and there. Boy, for just 19.99 and two weeks, I am the proud owner of a penis that is three inches longer and thicker. Boy, and now I have purchased another package of pills and for another 20.00 dollar investment, I have purged my body of harmful toxins and undigested meats from my large intestine and I have lost 20 lbs. Not saying you guys have misused your time off, but a word to the wise ...
Alpha1971

7/3/2023  9:32 PM
Anyone doing volunteer work ?
BigDaddyG

7/3/2023  11:34 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Anyone doing volunteer work ?

Every other month I help sheltered dogs find their forever homes. I used to volunteer for an organization that helps battered woman, but that got intense. I used to also support this organization that helped provide funds to young woman who need help supporting their college education. They'd tastefully unclothe while sitting on my lap and practicing their creative writing skills on me.

Alpha1971

7/4/2023  6:11 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Anyone doing volunteer work ?

Every other month I help sheltered dogs find their forever homes. I used to volunteer for an organization that helps battered woman, but that got intense. I used to also support this organization that helped provide funds to young woman who need help supporting their college education. They'd tastefully unclothe while sitting on my lap and practicing their creative writing skills on me.

Boy It's been years since I helped young coeds work their way thru College, girls were so humbly willing to dance for dollars, to better their educational pursuits. I can't see myself doing that anymore, perhaps my wife would disapprove for some odd reason

NYKBocker
USA
7/4/2023  10:56 AM
Just got finished watching Arnold. The documentary in Netflix. Living in NY, I didn't really know much about his exploits in Cali as governor. His early life and drive is very interesting. A great watch IMHO
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/4/2023  12:49 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Just got finished watching Arnold. The documentary in Netflix. Living in NY, I didn't really know much about his exploits in Cali as governor. His early life and drive is very interesting. A great watch IMHO

Was this a good thing, bad thing, or just an interesting one?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy