[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2022  9:35 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:I saw Woman King last week. I thought that was really good. Maybe slightly long but that’s it. Great story and acting and action.

Andor last week was really good.

I still have to watch episode 10 of HOTD. Not sure what to expect.

I am seeing Black Adam in a few hours. I am expecting it to suck big balls especially since I am not too much of a fan of the Rock as an actor (tons of respect though) but it’s worth a shot and maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

It's not the worst movie in the world. Plenty of action scenes to move you along. I'd say the action is nonstop at the expense of dialogue and plot. I really like the way they manifested Dr. Fates powers on screen. I like it better than both Venom movies and Love & Thunder. I had a couple of Heinekens when watching, so that might've helped.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
10/25/2022  10:01 AM
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/terrifier-2-viewers-vomit-pass-out-director-says-surreal-1235407675/

What’s driving interest around “Terrifier 2”? It might have something to do with all the reports claiming the horror movie has caused various moviegoers to walk out, faint or vomit in the middle of the movie. Photos of viewers in wheelchairs getting medical attention outside of a “Terrifier 2” screening have gone viral on social media, turning the bloody sequel into something of an endurance test for horror movie fans.

Anyone seen this?

BigDaddyG

10/25/2022  10:04 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/terrifier-2-viewers-vomit-pass-out-director-says-surreal-1235407675/

What’s driving interest around “Terrifier 2”? It might have something to do with all the reports claiming the horror movie has caused various moviegoers to walk out, faint or vomit in the middle of the movie. Photos of viewers in wheelchairs getting medical attention outside of a “Terrifier 2” screening have gone viral on social media, turning the bloody sequel into something of an endurance test for horror movie fans.

Anyone seen this?

Naw... I didn't even know there was a Terrifier 1.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/25/2022  10:49 AM
Just saw episode 10. Quick spoiler ahead…

Woooooowwwww Aemond is a f’ing idiot.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SergioNYK
USA
10/25/2022  11:02 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Anyone seen this?

Naw... I didn't even know there was a Terrifier 1.

Me neither but I heard the hype and watched the first one Amazon Prime over the weekend. Art the clown is legit.

SergioNYK
USA
10/25/2022  11:03 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Just saw episode 10. Quick spoiler ahead…

Rhaenrya is even dumber for sending that poor kid with puff the magic dragon and no loot.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/25/2022  11:19 AM
SergioNYK wrote:

Rhaenrya is even dumber for sending that poor kid with puff the magic dragon and no loot.

And for telling him they would welcome him warmly.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

10/25/2022  12:16 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

And for telling him they would welcome him warmly.

And for sending an illiterate Lord a message using letters instead of pictures. But yeah... Watching the dragon fight was like watching a C 5 Galaxy going against a Nissan Leaf. It was funny watching it trying to fly away and being so small that the wind made it sway. I also laughed at scene where Daemon took Jace aside and gave him that lesson about ruling through fear. Like watching Palatine and young Anakin.

SergioNYK
USA
10/25/2022  12:59 PM
Daemon with Vermithor against Aemond with Vhagar next season is going to be crazy and bloody!

Gotta wait until 2024!

BigDaddyG

10/25/2022  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2022  1:31 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Daemon with Vermithor against Aemond with Vhagar next season is going to be crazy and bloody!

Gotta wait until 2024!

I don't expect that to happen next season. They have 4 seasons planned. But I'm hyped for the coming dragon battles and Cegane Stark name drop. He's hyped as a fighter.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2022  1:52 PM
Vhagar on Roids? How he get that big? That was freaky.
The Barathon lord wanted no part of it and Aemond took it on himself to mess up but we all know at some point how this all ends. "Aegon the mad king" and eventually Bratheon and Lannisster houses gain. But we have years to see how it unfolds. Has to be some "White Walker" prequel along the way.
BigDaddyG

10/25/2022  3:40 PM
Nalod wrote:Vhagar on Roids? How he get that big? That was freaky.
The Barathon lord wanted no part of it and Aemond took it on himself to mess up but we all know at some point how this all ends. "Aegon the mad king" and eventually Bratheon and Lannisster houses gain. But we have years to see how it unfolds. Has to be some "White Walker" prequel along the way.

They say dragons never stop growing, kinda like lobsters, according to GRRM. Vhagar has been around since Aegon the conqueror took over Westeros, so you can imagine... A lot happens between now and ASOIF, including the Dunk and Egg stories, more rebellions etc. The period following the Dance of Dragons is interesting too. They could keep milking this thing for decades. Unfortunately, it seems GRRM is unlikely to finish the main series.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2022  3:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

They say dragons never stop growing, kinda like lobsters, according to GRRM. Vhagar has been around since Aegon the conqueror took over Westeros, so you can imagine... A lot happens between now and ASOIF, including the Dunk and Egg stories, more rebellions etc. The period following the Dance of Dragons is interesting too. They could keep milking this thing for decades. Unfortunately, it seems GRRM is unlikely to finish the main series.

I have to read the books!

BigDaddyG

10/25/2022  6:25 PM
James Gunn heading DC Films... Should be interesting.
BigDaddyG

10/25/2022  6:28 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I have to read the books!

Fire and Blood reads more like a Wikipedia entry with a few salacious accounts sprinkled in. Gave the showrunners alot of room for interpretation. The Dunk and Egg novellas are awesome and have a more hopeful outlook of the world at large. I recommend them.

BigDaddyG

10/27/2022  4:05 PM
Cool interview George did a couple of years back. In it he alludes to the fact that Argon the Conqueror might have foresaw the threat in the North and that might have been the impetus for his invasion. I've heard a lot of people say that detail came out of the blue in the show, but I guess not.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/6/2022  8:00 PM
You were right BigDaddyG, they cancelled "Westworld". Shortsighted move with one season to go. I know the ratings were bad, but they could have made it back in syndication, home video sales.

Unfortunately, the executives making these decisions know that they will only be around to see the short term profits, so why bother?

BigDaddyG

11/7/2022  6:44 AM
GustavBahler wrote:You were right BigDaddyG, they cancelled "Westworld". Shortsighted move with one season to go. I know the ratings were bad, but they could have made it back in syndication, home video sales.

Unfortunately, the executives making these decisions know that they will only be around to see the short term profits, so why bother?

Yeah, I saw that. Maybe they do a movie to wrap it all up? In the meantime, get prepared for a dozen more Game of Throne spinoffs and home improvement specials.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/12/2022  9:28 PM
Just watched Black Panther Wakanda Forever. Awesome movie. Must see.
BigDaddyG

11/12/2022  10:19 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Just watched Black Panther Wakanda Forever. Awesome movie. Must see.

Yeah, I just watched. There are a couple of scenes that me chuckle ( the young Namor scene was kinda cheesy). But overall, it craps on Black Adam. Only real complaint was the runtime, but I give it a huge thumbs up. As an aside, Mabel Cadena, the chick who plays Namora, and Dominique Thorne, the chick who plays Ironheart, were looking kinda sexy.

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy