3/27/2020  1:33 PM
How's everyone holding up?
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/27/2020  1:49 PM
Went food shopping yesterday, first time in our 11 day long self quarantine. Wore a mask, got some strange looks from people. From what I read, a regular mask without a sealing perimeter is not effective, its mostly for infected people to wear in order to lessen the chance of transmission. Well, it does scare people away, most keep a distance of a few steps. I didn't expect that but hey, I'll take it.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/27/2020  1:56 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Went food shopping yesterday, first time in our 11 day long self quarantine. Wore a mask, got some strange looks from people. From what I read, a regular mask without a sealing perimeter is not effective, its mostly for infected people to wear in order to lessen the chance of transmission. Well, it does scare people away, most keep a distance of a few steps. I didn't expect that but hey, I'll take it.

Yeah, I wouldn't be worried about how I look at a time like this!

oof! 11 days without leaving the house- is that a record?!

smackeddog
3/27/2020  2:02 PM
I finally started watching Narcos on netflix- good so far! I also loved rewatching the movie Sicario 2 that came out last year (or was it the year before?). We should really just put the Cartel's in charge of medical supplies distribution and quarantine enforcement

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2020  2:04 PM
Feel like a lot more stores and whatnot are taking orders/payment over phone with curbside pickup and doing into vehicle trunk placement where I am. New, sad norm. And then we all like this afterwards

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
3/27/2020  2:13 PM
martin wrote:Feel like a lot more stores and whatnot are taking orders/payment over phone with curbside pickup and doing into vehicle trunk placement where I am. New, sad norm. And then we all like this afterwards

We're all acting like Howard Hughes!

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/27/2020  3:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Watching Breaking Bad for the first time. It’s not bad.

Best show you will ever see, then you need to watch Better call Saul

Everyone keeps saying that. Are those 2 in the same universe?

How far did you get in BB?

I got to the middle of season 2. I enjoyed it but it was also a bit slow for me so I took a break from it.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/27/2020  3:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2020  3:56 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I got to the middle of season 2. I enjoyed it but it was also a bit slow for me so I took a break from it.

Yeah, season 2 is slow, but it's still a good a character study. Walt's true nature is revealed and you start feeling sorry for Jessie. Season 3 is where stuff gets real and the Better Call Saul stuff starts coming together. I think we also start to get fewer Walt Jr. breakfast scenes. But Breaking Bad is really intense and the showrunners do a good job a making sure every painful, awkward scene is paid off.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/27/2020  9:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yeah, season 2 is slow, but it's still a good a character study. Walt's true nature is revealed and you start feeling sorry for Jessie. Season 3 is where stuff gets real and the Better Call Saul stuff starts coming together. I think we also start to get fewer Walt Jr. breakfast scenes. But Breaking Bad is really intense and the showrunners do a good job a making sure every painful, awkward scene is paid off.

I actually started feeling bad for Jesse not from the beginning but pretty close to it.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

3/27/2020  9:40 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I actually started feeling bad for Jesse not from the beginning but pretty close to it.

Yeah, but season 2 made you see the lengths Walt was willing to manipulate Jessie. Jessie is looking for a parental figure and Walt uses that to destroy him.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
3/29/2020  3:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2020  3:30 PM
Ooh, knicks vs bulls 1997, full game:

And 1995:

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/30/2020  11:38 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yeah, but season 2 made you see the lengths Walt was willing to manipulate Jessie. Jessie is looking for a parental figure and Walt uses that to destroy him.

There's a few slow episodes through out the series, but the dialog and acting is some of the best you will ever see.

Like allan,it took me a while to watched the first 2 season but by the 3rd season, i was completely hooked.

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/30/2020  12:12 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'll be honest, after watching the first couple of seasons I kinda hated the BB. Seemed too ridiculous. I jumped back on the bandwagon right before the final season. I grew to love the show because it is a modern day Shakespearean play. All the characters have exaggerated flaws

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/30/2020  1:14 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'll be honest, after watching the first couple of seasons I kinda hated the BB. Seemed too ridiculous. I jumped back on the bandwagon right before the final season. I grew to love the show because it is a modern day Shakespearean play. All the characters have exaggerated flaws

Kind of like us on the UK..........
Doing Homeland, McMilions, and will jump on Messiah soon.

BigDaddyG

3/30/2020  1:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'm watching Tiger King now. Ludicrous concept, but it is sooo compelling. Westworld season three is also off to a fast start. I'm thinking about watching the Wire again to coincide with the Ringer rewatch podcast, but I already did a rewatch like five months ago. The classics never go out of style. I might do the Sopranos. I don't hold as much reverence as I did for it when it first came out, but still a good show.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/30/2020  2:21 PM
I started up Ray Donovan
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
3/30/2020  2:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'm watching Tiger King now. Ludicrous concept, but it is sooo compelling. Westworld season three is also off to a fast start. I'm thinking about watching the Wire again to coincide with the Ringer rewatch podcast, but I already did a rewatch like five months ago. The classics never go out of style. I might do the Sopranos. I don't hold as much reverence as I did for it when it first came out, but still a good show.

I still love the sopranos, I think it’s one of the funniest shows ever made. I work in mental health now so am enjoying rewatching it and paying attention to that aspect of it- think it has an excellent take on it, very clever show!

I like the wire but I always think it’s a bit over rated- I preferred Homicide: Life on the Street (at least the first few series) and the shield.

BigDaddyG

3/30/2020  5:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I still love the sopranos, I think it’s one of the funniest shows ever made. I work in mental health now so am enjoying rewatching it and paying attention to that aspect of it- think it has an excellent take on it, very clever show!

I like the wire but I always think it’s a bit over rated- I preferred Homicide: Life on the Street (at least the first few series) and the shield.

I like homicide, but I like the Wire a bit more. The Shield is pretty good too, but too many Shark jumping moments for me. You make a good a point about the Sopranos. I think the episodes that were more focused on Tony and his demons are good. Especially when you view them through his interactions with AJ and Christopher. But there were a lot of gimmicky plots(Vito, Richie Aprile Jr., Furio's affair with Carmela) that I will probably skip.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/31/2020  2:38 AM
Some series Im watching..

The Knick. Interesting to watch the beginnings of modern medicine in NYC at the turn of the 20th century, and what hospitals are dealing with right now. Soderberg really nailed the look of NY in the early 1900s.

UFO- Cheesy Sci-Fi from the 70s that looks like it was directed by Austin Powers. Gabrielle Drake, ay caramaba!

smackeddog
4/1/2020  12:11 PM
I have no problem filling the day each one seems to fly by but weirdly the weeks are dragging! Feels like it's been months. It's awful seeing how bad things are and knowing this isn't even remotely the worst of it- we're just at the stage of a tsunami where the waters retreating on the beach

Thank f*** for tv as a distraction.

Leftovers season 2 is fantastic, honestly one of my favorite seasons of any tv show- this is such a surprise as I wasn't particularly impressed with season 1

Also watched that Knives Out movie. Going to watch Doctor Sleep next (terrible name, and I was against them making a sequel to the Shining, but it's meant to be good)

Anyone watched Uncut Gems yet?

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy