Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/23/2022  1:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:House of the Dragon- Awesome

The new Lord of the Rings show- I kept falling asleep during the first episode so I gave up.

She-Hulk- There I things I love about it and things I hate about it. She-Hulk herself and most of the cast have been great. I wish the overall writing was much better.

Bullet Train- Really good movie. Definitely a little too long though.

Thor: Love and Thunder- I enjoyed it but it should have been a lot more serious. They tried to make it too much like Ragnorok. The problem is that Thors recent story arc doesn’t lend itself to comedy and the 2 main overall stories of Thor L&T are way too serious to make it a comedy movie. A little bit of funny stuff is good to lighten the mood but this was a little too much. They over did it with Guns N’ Roses music too… as much as I love G’NR. Still a good movie though, as critical as I am. I just think it could have been a lot better.

Felt the same way about the first 1.5 episodes of Rings of Power, then it picks up. I'm enjoying it. House of the Dragons is awesome. There have been some plot points that haven't made sense, but they're easy to overlook because the highs have been so ridiculously good. My favorite character is Daemon and I'm not sure what that says about me as a person I've been rewatching the documentary on Adnan Syed that's on HBO max after his release. I listened to Serial years ago and I still wasn't completely convinced of his innocence. I am convinced that there was blatant incompetence by law enforcement during the investigation. I thought Love and Thunder is a perfect example of what can happen when you give a director too much power. There's a good movie somewhere in there, but I think Taika needed to be reigned in.

I am guilty about Daemon too. Maybe it is just the performance in general.

I think with Love and Thunder, they went back to the Ragnorak well, which was the wrong move. It worked for Ragnorak but that doesn’t work here.

They f’ed over the Gorr character too. I was hoping to walk out having him as my favorite all time villain. He had that much potential.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
9/23/2022  3:54 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

The new Lord of the Rings show- I kept falling asleep during the first episode so I gave up.

She-Hulk- There I things I love about it and things I hate about it. She-Hulk herself and most of the cast have been great. I wish the overall writing was much better.

Thor: Love and Thunder- I enjoyed it but it should have been a lot more serious. They tried to make it too much like Ragnorok. The problem is that Thors recent story arc doesn’t lend itself to comedy and the 2 main overall stories of Thor L&T are way too serious to make it a comedy movie. A little bit of funny stuff is good to lighten the mood but this was a little too much. They over did it with Guns N’ Roses music too… as much as I love G’NR. Still a good movie though, as critical as I am. I just think it could have been a lot better.

Felt the same way about the first 1.5 episodes of Rings of Power, then it picks up. I'm enjoying it. House of the Dragons is awesome. There have been some plot points that haven't made sense, but they're easy to overlook because the highs have been so ridiculously good. My favorite character is Daemon and I'm not sure what that says about me as a person I've been rewatching the documentary on Adnan Syed that's on HBO max after his release. I listened to Serial years ago and I still wasn't completely convinced of his innocence. I am convinced that there was blatant incompetence by law enforcement during the investigation. I thought Love and Thunder is a perfect example of what can happen when you give a director too much power. There's a good movie somewhere in there, but I think Taika needed to be reigned in.

I think with Love and Thunder, they went back to the Ragnorak well, which was the wrong move. It worked for Ragnorak but that doesn’t work here.

They f’ed over the Gorr character too. I was hoping to walk out having him as my favorite all time villain. He had that much potential.

BigDaddy and Allanfan, confirmed psychopaths.

Not that we didn’t already suspect.

BTW, Crabfeeder is clearly the best character.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2022  4:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2022  4:10 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

BigDaddy and Allanfan, confirmed psychopaths.

Not that we didn’t already suspect.

BTW, Crabfeeder is clearly the best character.

I have no excuses. He was my favorite character in a Rogue Prince and Fire and Blood. Involved in one of the most awesome dragon battles in the ASOIF universe. I will add that even tho the books painted him as an a-hole, the show ramps it up even more. I didn't think Dr. Who could pull it off.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
USA
9/27/2022  5:21 PM
Holy $hit!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

9/27/2022  5:40 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Holy $hit!

Sheeeeeeeeeit! 🤯 A whole lot can happen in a year. Look at what Ezra Miller was able to accomplish in half of one. Hope I can make it long enough to see this. Only thing better would be an Andrew Garfield spiderman team up.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
USA
9/27/2022  5:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Sheeeeeeeeeit! 🤯 A whole lot can happen in a year. Look at what Ezra Miller was able to accomplish in half of one. Hope I can make it long enough to see this. Only thing better would be an Andrew Garfield spiderman team up.

Now you are playing with fire. I am totally happy with Tom. Otherwise I can’t wait.

BigDaddyG

9/27/2022  6:06 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Now you are playing with fire. I am totally happy with Tom. Otherwise I can’t wait.

Tom is fine. I think Garfield did a better job of matching Spider-Man 's comedy bits, not that he was necessarily a better Spider-Man. We all know who the best one is.
Allanfan20
USA
9/27/2022  6:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Tom is fine. I think Garfield did a better job of matching Spider-Man 's comedy bits, not that he was necessarily a better Spider-Man. We all know who the best one is.

I couldn’t stand Toby… until No Way Home. He was awesome in that.

ToddTT
9/27/2022  7:00 PM

**** yeah!!!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/27/2022  8:34 PM
The Wolverine jokes in Deadpool were hilarious. Like the statuette of Wolverine being impaled.

ToddTT wrote:

**** yeah!!!

ToddTT
9/27/2022  8:36 PM
Somehow I’ve barely ever listened to Breaking Benjamin.

Man they’ve got some great songs. I can’t find one I don’t like.

BigDaddyG

10/1/2022  9:38 PM
Finally watched Andor. I was so disappointed by Boba Fett and Obi Wan that I put it off. But I'm digging it, almost as much as Mando. The chick who played Morbius's girlfriend is also in it and she might be in the running for hottest Star Wars character ever ( slave, bikini Leia still does it for me. Flash Dance girl and Fennec Shands in Bobba Fett also had their moments.)
GustavBahler

10/1/2022  9:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Finally watched Andor. I was so disappointed by Boba Fett and Obi Wan that I put it off. But I'm digging it, almost as much as Mando. The chick who played Morbius's girlfriend is also in it and she might be in the running for hottest Star Wars character ever ( slave, bikini Leia still does it for me. Flash Dance girl and Fennec Shands in Bobba Fett also had their moments.)

Looking foward to watching it. Really enjoyed "Rogue One". Better than the SW sequels IMO. Still havent seen "The Madalorian".

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/2/2022  10:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Finally watched Andor. I was so disappointed by Boba Fett and Obi Wan that I put it off. But I'm digging it, almost as much as Mando. The chick who played Morbius's girlfriend is also in it and she might be in the running for hottest Star Wars character ever ( slave, bikini Leia still does it for me. Flash Dance girl and Fennec Shands in Bobba Fett also had their moments.)

Looking foward to watching it. Really enjoyed "Rogue One". Better than the SW sequels IMO. Still havent seen "The Madalorian".

Agree on Rogue One and I may like the Mandalorian best of all Star Wars stuff! Of course I’m a big Clint Eastwood fan- when you watch it you’ll know what I mean.

Allanfan20
USA
10/2/2022  10:25 PM

The lady who plays the Waif in GOT is in it too.

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
10/3/2022  5:50 AM

Had similar sentiments on Boba and Obi Wan... been pretty bad in especially in terms of non-sensical storylines (Obi Wan was horrible in that regard!)
Andor looks WAAAY better!!! Really enjoyed it this far!
I acutally also loved the new Lord of the Rings! Thought they made a great job with it. Same with House of the Dragon! Just glad to have 3 series on going that are really entertaining!

Also a really nice way to spend your time if you are into it was Cyberpunk Edgerunner on Netflix!!! :-)
It was fun!

Currently spending time replaying The Last of Us Part 1 and 2 and waiting for the HBO series to start early 2023... this is really loaded with expectations for me!!!

Outside of these things... EuroLeague is starting again this week so DAMN Im gonna spend a lot of time watching those games!!!

GustavBahler

10/3/2022  6:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2022  6:48 PM
dodger78 wrote:

Had similar sentiments on Boba and Obi Wan... been pretty bad in especially in terms of non-sensical storylines (Obi Wan was horrible in that regard!)
Andor looks WAAAY better!!! Really enjoyed it this far!
I acutally also loved the new Lord of the Rings! Thought they made a great job with it. Same with House of the Dragon! Just glad to have 3 series on going that are really entertaining!

Also a really nice way to spend your time if you are into it was Cyberpunk Edgerunner on Netflix!!! :-)
It was fun!

Currently spending time replaying The Last of Us Part 1 and 2 and waiting for the HBO series to start early 2023... this is really loaded with expectations for me!!!

Outside of these things... EuroLeague is starting again this week so DAMN Im gonna spend a lot of time watching those games!!!

I will check it out. Robot Chicken did some great Star Wars specials. Thought this Rogue One sendup was pretty funny.

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/robot-chicken/rogue-one-closes-plot-holes

Speaking of Adult Swim. Been a while since I watched a new animated series, but the second season of Genndy Tartovsky's "Primal" is really good.

BigDaddyG

10/9/2022  9:28 PM
For the love of God... Someone please put Vyserys out of his misery.
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
10/10/2022  11:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:For the love of God... Someone please put Vyserys out of his misery.

It's about to go down these last 2 episodes! Fully expecting a main character and someone unexpected to be killed.

Allanfan20
USA
10/12/2022  9:19 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:For the love of God... Someone please put Vyserys out of his misery.

It's about to go down these last 2 episodes! Fully expecting a main character and someone unexpected to be killed.

I am expecting more than that.

Andor is incredible. I have no idea how it is this good after Boba Fett and Obi Wan. There are 6 episodes left too.

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy