[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/18/2020  5:10 PM
For those suffering withdrawal:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257597/NBA-Offers-Free-Preview-Of-League-Pass-Until-April-22

The NBA is offering all fans a free preview of League Pass until April 22.

Fans will have the opportunity to watch full length and condensed replays of all games from the 19-20 season, as well as their archive of classic games and content.

League Pass is available via the NBA App on a number of devices.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/18/2020  6:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
wargames wrote:I am going to watch gammora, zero, zero, zero and Top Boy and Do some house cleaning

just watch zero zero zero, it was pretty good..

It was like Narcos, the Godfather and traffic all rolled into one movie, just a lot going on, but it all ties in together at the end

0,0,0.........Thought maybe you were going to tell us it was Franks Stat line for the week!!!

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/18/2020  6:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TheGame wrote:Just finished watching the Kingdom on Netflix. It is good if you like zombie series. Also watched some anime on Amazon Prime -Mobile Gundam Origins, which is good and showed the begin of the whole Mobil Gundam series.

Gotta check that out. I used to build Gunpla with my little nephew, but stopped watching the series after Gundam Wing. I tried Gundam Unicorn but it wasn't the same. Too many alternate timelines in that series.

Yeah, I am new to the gundam world. The only other one I watched was Mobile Gundam Orphans, which I also liked. I tried to see if I Could watch everything in order but then I realized there were a whole bunch of alternate timelines that were a bit confusing.

Trust the Process
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/19/2020  2:47 PM
I have been cooking a lot. I made Guinness braised corned beef the other day. I have perfected omelets. And I have experimented with random **** like makng cake by putting batter in a coffee mug and microwaving it. I figure if I have to be home might as well make enjoy it
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

3/19/2020  2:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Watching Breaking Bad for the first time. It’s not bad.

If you end up loving it, I also recommend The Shield- feel that’s really not got the recognition it deserves

I love that show. That show was pretty good. But the last episode of that show is the best last episode of any show I have ever watched. That's a huge reason to commit to a show - to see the end. This is the opposite of Game of Thrones - The Shield gets elevated in my best of all time list because of the finale

smackeddog
3/19/2020  2:52 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

If you end up loving it, I also recommend The Shield- feel that’s really not got the recognition it deserves

I love that show. That show was pretty good. But the last episode of that show is the best last episode of any show I have ever watched. That's a huge reason to commit to a show - to see the end. This is the opposite of Game of Thrones - The Shield gets elevated in my best of all time list because of the finale

Completely agree, the ending was So great- especially when you’re so used to series finales being absolute stinkers (see Dexter)

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/19/2020  4:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Completely agree, the ending was So great- especially when you’re so used to series finales being absolute stinkers (see Dexter)

Oh like Game of Thrones?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/19/2020  5:22 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I have been cooking a lot. I made Guinness braised corned beef the other day. I have perfected omelets. And I have experimented with random **** like makng cake by putting batter in a coffee mug and microwaving it. I figure if I have to be home might as well make enjoy it

Some great desert island cookbooks

https://www.amazon.com/Food-Lab-Cooking-Through-Science/dp/0393081087/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=food+lab&qid=1584652710&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Flavor-Bible-Essential-Creativity-Imaginative/dp/0316118400/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+flavor+bible&qid=1584652790&sprefix=the+flavor&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Me-Philosophy-Kenny-Shopsin/dp/0307264939/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=eat+me+cookbook&qid=1584652831&sr=8-1

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/19/2020  5:39 PM
Another good show that shares an eerie similarity to our current situation is Counterpart. Underrated show that lasted two seasons. Fortunately the final season provides enough closure. Can't get over the fact that JK Simmons looks pretty much the same way he looked in Oz.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander

3/20/2020  8:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2020  8:12 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I have been cooking a lot. I made Guinness braised corned beef the other day. I have perfected omelets. And I have experimented with random **** like makng cake by putting batter in a coffee mug and microwaving it. I figure if I have to be home might as well make enjoy it

https://www.amazon.com/Food-Lab-Cooking-Through-Science/dp/0393081087/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=food+lab&qid=1584652710&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Flavor-Bible-Essential-Creativity-Imaginative/dp/0316118400/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+flavor+bible&qid=1584652790&sprefix=the+flavor&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Me-Philosophy-Kenny-Shopsin/dp/0307264939/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=eat+me+cookbook&qid=1584652831&sr=8-1

i will check out all the titles but the first one is totally my language. thanks.

this is my go-to book:
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Chef-Culinary-Institute-America/dp/0470421355/ref=sr_1_1?crid=17RIF75C2QSOO&dchild=1&keywords=the+professional+chef&qid=1584706137&sprefix=the+professional+%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-1

it is the CIA insturctional textbook. i am kinda pissed because i think i spent something like $140 on it and now you can get it for 40. my loss can be your gain though because truthfully it is worth a semester's worth of tuition

SupremeCommander

3/20/2020  8:31 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Oh like Game of Thrones?

I meant it is the exact opposite of GoT. GoT was great at first but they had no ending. And what they BSed came out as BS and now the entire series is meh imo.

The Shield was enjoyable but there wasn't many episodes like The Red Wedding or whatever. It was just entertaining in the way a show like 24 was entertaining. But then the show ran for a long time like GoT and you get invested in the characters and then you get treated with the best series finale ever.

Sorry for any lack of clarity. I meant The Shield and GoT are opposites.. they are not the same.

BigDaddyG

3/20/2020  12:29 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Oh like Game of Thrones?

I meant it is the exact opposite of GoT. GoT was great at first but they had no ending. And what they BSed came out as BS and now the entire series is meh imo.

The Shield was enjoyable but there wasn't many episodes like The Red Wedding or whatever. It was just entertaining in the way a show like 24 was entertaining. But then the show ran for a long time like GoT and you get invested in the characters and then you get treated with the best series finale ever.

Sorry for any lack of clarity. I meant The Shield and GoT are opposites.. they are not the same.

Yeah, the Lost phenomena hahaha...Damon Lindelof seems to have learned his lesson. Judging from the last Stat Wars, JJ Abrams still seems to struggle with endings. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think Breaking Bad had one of the more satisfying endings in recent history. Although I think the Wire's final season is its weakest, I enjoyed the final episode.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander

3/20/2020  1:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Oh like Game of Thrones?

Yeah, the Lost phenomena hahaha...Damon Lindelof seems to have learned his lesson. Judging from the last Stat Wars, JJ Abrams still seems to struggle with endings. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think Breaking Bad had one of the more satisfying endings in recent history. Although I think the Wire's final season is its weakest, I enjoyed the final episode.

final season of The Wire is interesting to me. It was a commercial failure which to me means it just wasn't that entertaining. However, I loved it. I felt like I learned more about how society works watching that than anything else I have ever come across

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/20/2020  1:34 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

i will check out all the titles but the first one is totally my language. thanks.

this is my go-to book:
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Chef-Culinary-Institute-America/dp/0470421355/ref=sr_1_1?crid=17RIF75C2QSOO&dchild=1&keywords=the+professional+chef&qid=1584706137&sprefix=the+professional+%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-1

it is the CIA insturctional textbook. i am kinda pissed because i think i spent something like $140 on it and now you can get it for 40. my loss can be your gain though because truthfully it is worth a semester's worth of tuition

Got one about 20 years ago, first cookbook I ever bought. It was my dream to study there when I was younger, for a while anyway. Chalk it up to stuff happens,lol.

The second book is very dry, but its all about the pairings. Its basically an encyclopedia of pairings. Includes wine as well. Its a go to for a lot of chefs I hear, for inspiration.

The last one is a pisser, and very NY. Wouldnt be surprised if Marv knew Shopsin back in the day. The person whon greenlit the book said whe would only do it if he included the recipe for ricotta pancakes. So thats what Im going to try while Im stuck indoors. Next time I shop. Creative recipes with things you normally find in home kitchens.

There is a documentary about him on youtube called "I like killing flies"

smackeddog
3/20/2020  2:11 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Oh like Game of Thrones?

I still think the worst ending of any series I liked was the remake of Battlestar Galactica- it was infuriating to discover that after several years of what seemed like carefully plotted build up, that they were just making it up as they went along and had no idea how to explain any of the mysteries!

smackeddog
3/20/2020  2:15 PM
Did anyone watch Banshee? Went under the radar but was great- very violent, but really enjoyed it:

Worth watching if it's on any channels you have access to (or worth getting on dvd/blu ray)

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/20/2020  2:31 PM

Best show you will ever see, then you need to watch Better call Saul

ES
BigDaddyG

3/20/2020  2:38 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Oh like Game of Thrones?

final season of The Wire is interesting to me. It was a commercial failure which to me means it just wasn't that entertaining. However, I loved it. I felt like I learned more about how society works watching that than anything else I have ever come across

Yeah, the finale season isn't bad. Just falls short of the other seasons. My favorite season is 3, though I think season 2 on the docks is underrated.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/20/2020  4:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Everyone keeps saying that. Are those 2 in the same universe?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/20/2020  4:48 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Everyone keeps saying that. Are those 2 in the same universe?

How far did you get in BB?

ES
OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy