[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/18/2020  9:28 AM
GustavBahler wrote:To all Boxing fans...

Crush would have posted this first

ESPN 7:30pm EST..Lomachenko vs Lopez. Undercards, of course.

Wow, what an upset! Second half of the fight was a great bout. Never saw anyone beat Lomachenko with better footwork. Lopez is 23, has a bright future.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler

10/18/2020  4:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Wow, what an upset! Second half of the fight was a great bout. Never saw anyone beat Lomachenko with better footwork. Lopez is 23, has a bright future.

No one watched the fight? And it wasnt PPV

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/18/2020  4:37 PM
Trial of the Chicago 7 with Sasha Baron Cohen as Abbie Hoffman was a good short movie on Netflix with a great cast for those who like some history. Smartly written.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/18/2020  6:54 PM
Nalod wrote:Trial of the Chicago 7 with Sasha Baron Cohen as Abbie Hoffman was a good short movie on Netflix with a great cast for those who like some history. Smartly written.

Gonna watch this on soon. Love Sorkin

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/18/2020  7:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I'm a big boxing fan!! Didn't think to post it here but I guess I need to pick up the slack...Anyway, I picked Lomachenko to win the fight, as I thought he would out-skill Lopez. Lomo started off way too slow, practically giving away rounds early. Lopez did a good job of pressuring him in the early rounds. Lomo picked it up and out-boxed Lopez from 7-11. Lopez showed a lot of heart and closed the show in the 12th. He earned it.

But those judges, especially Lettermans daughter, need to be banned from judging championship boxing. 119-109?!?! What the hell was she watching?! Or, perhaps she wasn't watching. Anyway, great fight and it was great to watch it on ESPN for a change.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/18/2020  7:56 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I'm a big boxing fan!! Didn't think to post it here but I guess I need to pick up the slack...Anyway, I picked Lomachenko to win the fight, as I thought he would out-skill Lopez. Lomo started off way too slow, practically giving away rounds early. Lopez did a good job of pressuring him in the early rounds. Lomo picked it up and out-boxed Lopez from 7-11. Lopez showed a lot of heart and closed the show in the 12th. He earned it.

But those judges, especially Lettermans daughter, need to be banned from judging championship boxing. 119-109?!?! What the hell was she watching?! Or, perhaps she wasn't watching. Anyway, great fight and it was great to watch it on ESPN for a change.

I generally agree with Letterman, but I think his daughter literally smokes crack between rounds during some of these matches.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

10/19/2020  10:59 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Good to hear! I agreed with the decision, although (as you and BigDaddyG pointed out) it should have been closer. Dont know wjat the deal is with Lederman either.

Believe Lopez started running out of gas in the later rounds, but got his second wind at just the right time. Lomo spent way too much time fighting as an Amateur IMO. Made him a more polished fighter, but not enough top level competition.

GustavBahler

10/31/2020  4:34 PM
RIP Sean Connery, best Bond ever.

His backstory was the epitome of "rags to riches".

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2020  5:58 PM
Nalod: Phuch Ma, I’m going bald!!!!
Momma Nalod: Your not short or Fat, your handsome!
Nalod: Thx Mah, but darn it!!!!
Momma Nalod: Look at Sean Connery, James Bond! For the love of god, he is handsome!
Nalod: So I should get a hair piece?
Mamma Nalod: Sean Connery does not!
Nalod: James Bond does!
Mamma Nalod: Thats just a role he plays!
Nalod: Your the best Mah!
Never wore a piece and Sean Connery was the best!1
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/2/2020  1:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I also started watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Never saw it before. Planning on watching the whole series then the movies then Picard. I was never really a star trek fan but I started watching The Orville and Star Trek Discovery and really liked both. Enjoying it so far.
It gets way better after the first 2 seasons (I hate season 1 and season 2 is very corny!)

If you like it all, do give Deep Space Nine a try, it's my favorite, has aged the best, and has an ongoing story arc (takes a few seasons to get going), is a bit darker and better character development.

I'm on the middle of the 2nd season. Riker is weirding me out. The way he walks and stands. What the heck is that lean?
When you see the ep 'the icarus factor', you'll understand why Riker is so f'd up, lol
Just finished watching Icarus factor. Yup.
I am on Season 5 Episode 12. A lot of Data episodes which I like a lot. My favorite character is Data, Picard then Worf. I know everybody likes Troi but I think Dr. Crusher is one hot mama.

They hired some very good writers for this show. The amount of made up science jargon used is amazing.

I like Troi because I am also a counselor, so like that people with my profession get to sit up front next to the captain on the bridge of the ship in the future- not so sure about the kind of outfit I'd have to wear though!

The show definitely moved to focusing on Data and Picard after a few seasons (I liked Worf too). Really didn't like how they portrayed data in the movies, but he was great in the TV show.

Remember you have the new Picard show when you've finished TNG- it's great so far (I've only just started watching it).

I feel kind of sad watching TNG now- at the time it felt like the future we might be heading towards (in terms of attitudes), but nowadays it feels like we're heading in completely the opposite direction. In fact I doubt TNG would even have any success nowadays- it's amazing how well it did considering it's focus on sciences, a lot of eps were essentially morality plays, there wasn't much violence, and the focus was on dialogue, understanding and diplomatic solutions rather than killing.

The last ep of TNG was one of my favourite series ending too

A lot of really good episodes. I just finished watching "The Inner Light". Wow. This has to be the best TV episode I have ever seen. That damn flute got me at the end.
Terrible aging makeup, but really great episode- one of my favorites. If you found that moving, wait until you see "the Visitor" ep in Deep Space 9

I finished TNG. Loved it. I also finished watching the 4 movies. Data with that epic line against the borg was awesome.

Started DS9. Thank you for recommending this. Great episodes. I am on the 2nd season now. Great episodes.

Jadzia Dax is beautiful. 😋

Ha, she is- I used to admire her beauty every episode when it first aired! People used to complain she wasn’t a great actor or didn’t have a handle on her character, but I honestly never noticed!

I am on S3E10 now. Wow. I love the new bad guys with the Dominion. Gul Dukat is also a complicated dude.

I didn't notice anything wrong with Jadzia Dax either.

In regards with Commander Sisko... I was like..."I know this dude". Then it dawned on me.... It's Hawk! From "Spenser for Hire". He is a different commander/captain. He is my favorite character in DS9.

I wasn't too impressed with Sisko at first, back when it first aired, but when he changed his look later in the show and they developed his character more, I thought he was great. Apparently the racist studio bosses insisted he look like a 'safe' middle aged dad and so the actor wasn't allowed to have his usual look of shaved head and beard. Ridiculous. But then that was around the same time as when the creators of Homicide: Life on the Streets were getting notes from the studio bosses complaining if they had 2 or 3 black actors in a scene together with no white characters- they'd send notes saying there needs to be a white character in the scene. Sheesh. Also the female actors throughout Star Trek had to put up with horrid sexist stuff from some of the producers, like being told they look bad for having gained weight, and comments/instructions about their chests etc etc. creepy stuff.

I liked all the cardassian characters, they always seemed to be great actors- Garak was a great one too!

Can't wait until you get to season 4- let me know when you do!

I am on Season 4 now. The 1st 2 episodes were awesome. Adding the Klingons into the frey is brilliant. Worf!

You were right about "Visitor". The only thing is my allergies started acting up.

I am on "Little Green Men" right now. Rom is a genius. Who knew?

I am now on S7 E14. Not too happy about what happened to Jadzia Dax. I am really liking DS9. Maybe my favorite Star Trek series right now. I also like Garak. I can't wait to see how they are going to finish of Dukat. Dude needs to die a gruesome death.

Benny Russell I thought was a great very meta and very well done. Sisko is equal to Picard in my pov. Can't wait to finish DS9 then start Voyager.

GustavBahler

11/2/2020  1:32 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I also started watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Never saw it before. Planning on watching the whole series then the movies then Picard. I was never really a star trek fan but I started watching The Orville and Star Trek Discovery and really liked both. Enjoying it so far.
It gets way better after the first 2 seasons (I hate season 1 and season 2 is very corny!)

If you like it all, do give Deep Space Nine a try, it's my favorite, has aged the best, and has an ongoing story arc (takes a few seasons to get going), is a bit darker and better character development.

I'm on the middle of the 2nd season. Riker is weirding me out. The way he walks and stands. What the heck is that lean?
When you see the ep 'the icarus factor', you'll understand why Riker is so f'd up, lol
I am on Season 5 Episode 12. A lot of Data episodes which I like a lot. My favorite character is Data, Picard then Worf. I know everybody likes Troi but I think Dr. Crusher is one hot mama.

They hired some very good writers for this show. The amount of made up science jargon used is amazing.

I like Troi because I am also a counselor, so like that people with my profession get to sit up front next to the captain on the bridge of the ship in the future- not so sure about the kind of outfit I'd have to wear though!

The show definitely moved to focusing on Data and Picard after a few seasons (I liked Worf too). Really didn't like how they portrayed data in the movies, but he was great in the TV show.

Remember you have the new Picard show when you've finished TNG- it's great so far (I've only just started watching it).

I feel kind of sad watching TNG now- at the time it felt like the future we might be heading towards (in terms of attitudes), but nowadays it feels like we're heading in completely the opposite direction. In fact I doubt TNG would even have any success nowadays- it's amazing how well it did considering it's focus on sciences, a lot of eps were essentially morality plays, there wasn't much violence, and the focus was on dialogue, understanding and diplomatic solutions rather than killing.

A lot of really good episodes. I just finished watching "The Inner Light". Wow. This has to be the best TV episode I have ever seen. That damn flute got me at the end.
Terrible aging makeup, but really great episode- one of my favorites. If you found that moving, wait until you see "the Visitor" ep in Deep Space 9

I finished TNG. Loved it. I also finished watching the 4 movies. Data with that epic line against the borg was awesome.

Started DS9. Thank you for recommending this. Great episodes. I am on the 2nd season now. Great episodes.

Ha, she is- I used to admire her beauty every episode when it first aired! People used to complain she wasn’t a great actor or didn’t have a handle on her character, but I honestly never noticed!

I am on S3E10 now. Wow. I love the new bad guys with the Dominion. Gul Dukat is also a complicated dude.

In regards with Commander Sisko... I was like..."I know this dude". Then it dawned on me.... It's Hawk! From "Spenser for Hire". He is a different commander/captain. He is my favorite character in DS9.

I wasn't too impressed with Sisko at first, back when it first aired, but when he changed his look later in the show and they developed his character more, I thought he was great. Apparently the racist studio bosses insisted he look like a 'safe' middle aged dad and so the actor wasn't allowed to have his usual look of shaved head and beard. Ridiculous. But then that was around the same time as when the creators of Homicide: Life on the Streets were getting notes from the studio bosses complaining if they had 2 or 3 black actors in a scene together with no white characters- they'd send notes saying there needs to be a white character in the scene. Sheesh. Also the female actors throughout Star Trek had to put up with horrid sexist stuff from some of the producers, like being told they look bad for having gained weight, and comments/instructions about their chests etc etc. creepy stuff.

I liked all the cardassian characters, they always seemed to be great actors- Garak was a great one too!

I am on Season 4 now. The 1st 2 episodes were awesome. Adding the Klingons into the frey is brilliant. Worf!

You were right about "Visitor". The only thing is my allergies started acting up.

I am now on S7 E14. Not too happy about what happened to Jadzia Dax. I am really liking DS9. Maybe my favorite Star Trek series right now. I also like Garak. I can't wait to see how they are going to finish of Dukat. Dude needs to die a gruesome death.

Benny Russell I thought was a great very meta and very well done. Sisko is equal to Picard in my pov. Can't wait to finish DS9 then start Voyager.

Blasphemy!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/2/2020  2:48 PM
Finished watching Lucifer, uh, I mean Helstrom on Hulu. It's not that bad. At least it's better than Iron Fist. I wish they went full cheese with the characters' original look.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/2/2020  3:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Finished watching Lucifer, uh, I mean Helstrom on Hulu. It's not that bad. At least it's better than Iron Fist. I wish they went full cheese with the characters' original look.

Iron Fist was bad, but I recently watched Punisher and loved it- had been reluctant to watch it for ages as I was worried it would be quite right wing!

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/2/2020  4:06 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Apologies, I somehow missed your season 4 post! I loved the changes in season 4- Worf plus Sisco’s new look somehow made him even better! I watched the Visitor again after my dad died- it was an even harder watch! Really captured something moving about dad-son relationships and loss, love that episode even if it is difficult to watch.

You got to s7 fast- yeah, I hated what they did to Dax, the producers were a**holes to the actress as she wanted to cut back her workload so she could do films, so they essentially fired her instead. DS9 is my favorite trek too- just all the character development of the main cast, all the zillions of semi regular characters, some great acting and a long story where episodes have consequences. It’s aged really well too. Let me know what you think of the ending.

I agree, I didn’t like Sisko at first, but now I think he’s equal to Picard- very different character, but great.

NYKBocker
USA
11/2/2020  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2020  4:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Finished watching Lucifer, uh, I mean Helstrom on Hulu. It's not that bad. At least it's better than Iron Fist. I wish they went full cheese with the characters' original look.

Iron Fist was bad, but I recently watched Punisher and loved it- had been reluctant to watch it for ages as I was worried it would be quite right wing!

I was watching Lucifer before and kinda got away from it. I guess I will need to watch it after I finish my Star Trek trip.

I am probably one of the few people the liked Iron Fist. Maybe it's because I love me some Jessica Henwick. Punisher is awesome. I had some reservations about Shane playing The Punisher but he is perfect. The 2nd half of the 2nd season was rushed I thought.

Supposedly, Daredevil will be in the next Spidey movie. I hope this is true. I hope they add the other Defenders into the MCU.

By the way, go watch Jessica Jones. Killgrave is up there in the villains hall of fame.

GustavBahler

11/2/2020  6:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Apologies, I somehow missed your season 4 post! I loved the changes in season 4- Worf plus Sisco’s new look somehow made him even better! I watched the Visitor again after my dad died- it was an even harder watch! Really captured something moving about dad-son relationships and loss, love that episode even if it is difficult to watch.

You got to s7 fast- yeah, I hated what they did to Dax, the producers were a**holes to the actress as she wanted to cut back her workload so she could do films, so they essentially fired her instead. DS9 is my favorite trek too- just all the character development of the main cast, all the zillions of semi regular characters, some great acting and a long story where episodes have consequences. It’s aged really well too. Let me know what you think of the ending.

I agree, I didn’t like Sisko at first, but now I think he’s equal to Picard- very different character, but great.

Another blasphemosity! Janeway was better than Sisquo IMO. Not a knock on the actor, but the writing. Dont believe they gave him enough to work with. Looking forward to the next season of "Discovery", hopefully with a lot less crying!

GustavBahler

11/2/2020  7:41 PM
Can make a case that this is a Led Zep tribute band. But I still love cranking it in my truck. The drummer is awesome. Must be played very loud.

NYKBocker
USA
11/8/2020  9:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Garak

Space Jesus! I liked the whole attack on Cardassia with the Klingons, Federation, Romulans and the Caradassian rebels. The character development and arc for Dumar was very satisfying. Garak is the man! I teared up a little when his surrogate mother was killed.

I thought Ezri ending up with Bashir was forced. I thought Worf was better, but then again, Worf is one of my favorite Trek characters of all time so there's that.

Odo...I understand his decisions but dude keeps putting Kyra 2nd all the time. For someone who claims she is the one, he sure does sacrifice her a lot. Kyra is another bad ass. I didn't like her at first but she grew on me.

Now. I think you are asking me about the ending with Sisko. I don't know how I feel about it. He is a great father but not having enough screen time with Jake at the end bothered me a little. The Dukat, Kai Winn, Pah-Wraith angle was meh. Kai Winn is a snake in the grass. Always was so her being turned was ...meh. Dukat is a great character. The actor who portrayed him did a great job. I don't like that Sisko became a prophet. Hopefully, they bring him back in Picard.

Thanks again for the recommendation. Now, I will start Voyager. Then Picard. I already saw the 1st 2 seasons of Star Trek Discovery. If you haven't I recommend watching it.

NYKBocker
USA
11/8/2020  9:32 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Another blasphemosity! Janeway was better than Sisquo IMO. Not a knock on the actor, but the writing. Dont believe they gave him enough to work with. Looking forward to the next season of "Discovery", hopefully with a lot less crying!

Starting voyager soon. Let's see how Janeway stacks up with Picard and Sisko.

GustavBahler

11/8/2020  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2020  10:32 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Starting voyager soon. Let's see how Janeway stacks up with Picard and Sisko.

Hope you like the show. Some of the plots are recycled from TNG, the original series. TNG did the same thing. But enough of it is new to be entertaining.

Not a big deal now, but casting an African American as a Vulcan, was controversial in the
1990s. Tim Russ does a great job. Seven of Nine needs no introdution, lol. Jeri Ryan said its the fact her character has no idea how hot she is that makes the part fun.

What I like about Janeway is her intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm.

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy