USA
7/30/2022  6:30 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
7/30/2022  10:04 PM
I guess I am going to have to research what Paxlovid is. I been out of the covid loop for a few months.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/30/2022  11:00 PM
Clean wrote:I guess I am going to have to research what Paxlovid is. I been out of the covid loop for a few months.

It’s the go-to for high risk COVID patients

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/8/2022  11:11 AM
I think I’ll be getting the new booster shortly. The timing seems right… winter coming and all.

Anybody have good or bad experience with it?

Is it still free? Or at least cheap? I’m assuming my insurance is not a big factor considering how lousy it is.

Clean
Member: #743
10/8/2022  11:16 AM
My booster time is coming up also. I was thinking about waiting a bit to see how the new omicron focused one does then possibly get that one.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/9/2022  3:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2022  1:36 PM
ToddTT wrote:I think I’ll be getting the new booster shortly. The timing seems right… winter coming and all.

Is it still free? Or at least cheap? I’m assuming my insurance is not a big factor considering how lousy it is.

I had the Moderna updated booster last week (before I'd had Pfizer ones)- after effects were roughly the same as usual- sore arm, though this time I was pretty wiped out and fatigued and slept for 10 hours (which is a lot for me) for two nights. However I was tired and fatigued before I had it (had been recuperating from a lingering low key bug the past two weeks), so not entirely sure whether the booster was the cause of it. It was nice having such a long sleep anyways! Now I'm fine! Was still able to run, swim and work as usual after getting the shot

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/9/2022  8:19 AM
Every single f’ing time I have bad allergies, including now, I always feel like I get covid. I have wasted so many covid tests and missed too many days of work because of that. It’s frustrating.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
ToddTT
10/18/2022  7:16 PM
smackeddog wrote:
ToddTT wrote:I think I’ll be getting the new booster shortly. The timing seems right… winter coming and all.

I had the Moderna updated booster last week (before I'd had Pfizer ones)- after effects were roughly the same as usual- sore arm, though this time I was pretty wiped out and fatigued and slept for 10 hours (which is a lot for me) for two nights. However I was tired and fatigued before I had it (had been recuperating from a lingering low key bug the past two weeks), so not entirely sure whether the booster was the cause of it. It was nice having such a long sleep anyways! Now I'm fine! Was still able to run, swim and work as usual after getting the shot

Boosted with the newest Pfizer about 32 hours ago.

Feels like a punch to the arm, but not a hard punch. No other effects. I felt worse with previous covid shots, so this one has been a pleasant surprise so far.

CVS made it pretty easy, and I was in and out in about 10 minutes. I imagine less people are getting boosted. At least right now.

Allanfan20
USA
10/19/2022  9:45 AM
ToddTT wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Feels like a punch to the arm, but not a hard punch. No other effects. I felt worse with previous covid shots, so this one has been a pleasant surprise so far.

CVS made it pretty easy, and I was in and out in about 10 minutes. I imagine less people are getting boosted. At least right now.

Can anyone get it? Do you know it Moderna has it?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2022  9:57 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Wow must be that general communication about this is poor.

Anyone can get it, both Pfizer and Moderna have their versions.

I do believe there is a follow up booster for 10+ kids too and maybe it's younger

Allanfan20
USA
10/19/2022  10:26 AM
martin wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I do believe there is a follow up booster for 10+ kids too and maybe it's younger

No I just have been a little out of the loop recently. It’s my fault.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/19/2022  11:13 AM
martin wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Two people I know told me they were done with Boosters given the general decline of the virus at the moment. "its weaker and if you gonna get its not so bad".
Its this general malaise that will make it return a bit. Perhaps if a stronger variant emerges they will reconsider.
Me, Im got mine right after labor day. My son got married and I wanted to make sure I was up to date.
Im very lax about things now that it has subsided but I will maks in elevators, on line at grocery store, and concerts/shows.
I don't want to be sick and masks are not that bad.

ToddTT
10/19/2022  6:13 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

No I just have been a little out of the loop recently. It’s my fault.

My experience with CVS has been mostly good. I assume most pharmacies are similar.

If you go to their website, they ask like 10 questions, and then provide you with available appointments. Right now some appointments will say Moderna, some Pfizer. I went with Pfizer because it was nearby, and the same day. If I went with an appointment a day later, Moderna was an option.

The website took under 10 minutes.

I'm trying not to let my guard down too much until we have a mild covid winter. Hopefully that's this winter.

**** you long-covid... you ain't getting me! I ain't got time for that ****!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/21/2022  10:21 AM
CVS is a good place to get a vaccine, got my two boosters there. If you go to the website and fill out the questionaire, make an appt. It takes less than five minutes to get a shot.

Got my bivalent booster yesterday. Pfizer this time. The last 3 were Moderna. Same reaction, feels like long covid for a few days. Ready to pass out.

These shots may not prevent you from getting long covid, but it does help reduce the severity. My second bout of long covid wasnt fun, but not as bad as the first. No constant chest pains for 3 months, flu like symptoms, trouble breathing. At least not as difficult to breathe.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/21/2022  2:13 PM
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/10/bivalent-covid-booster-side-effects/671819/

Interesting article about the difference between the Moderna and Pfizer boosters.

OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy