[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Coronavirus updates/info
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/9/2020  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2020  1:00 PM
Clean wrote:

Look how lagged behind this new high for deaths was. Trying to find a correlation between death and new Covid cases is going to be hard because this thing affects different people differently. My mother lasted about 8 or 9 days. Some people a month and that Broadway actor guy lasted 3 months before he died.

Some people who get over it without much known complications are now feeling differences in their body pre Covid and post Covid. We know that some asymptomatic people have permanent lung damage. Now some people are noticing differences in their heart rate.

It's scary.

My resting heart rate is only 46bmp (and my body temp is almost a degree lower than the average!), must be weird to have a resting heart rate of 110-120, hopefully thats just panic/anxiety, maybe they lost some fitness too over lockdown?

EDIT: just read it might be because the virus attacks red blood cells, possibly damaging their ability to carry oxygen so the heart pumps more to compensate. Red blood cells last for 120 days, so hopefully once they've all been replaced, his heart rate will be back to normal (hopefully a lot of other symptoms people are experiencing are related to this and will improve after the defective blood cells are replaced)

I know a lot of medical staff and from antibody testing it seems like (annecdotely) quite a few people don't hold on to the antibodies (so of the people who definitely had it, some showed some antibodies, others showed none), assuming that the antibody test is accurate, that probably explains why the antibody rate was so low in Sweden (they expected it to be much higher) and everywhere else, and suggests it can't be used to accurately determine how many people have had it.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/9/2020  6:55 PM
Went to a big box supermarket south of here. Most wore masks, the few that didnt were trying real hard to get noticed. One woman walked into a crowded exit with people leaving. She was getting in front of people, trying to get a reaction. It really is a death cult.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/10/2020  8:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Clean wrote:

Look how lagged behind this new high for deaths was. Trying to find a correlation between death and new Covid cases is going to be hard because this thing affects different people differently. My mother lasted about 8 or 9 days. Some people a month and that Broadway actor guy lasted 3 months before he died.

Some people who get over it without much known complications are now feeling differences in their body pre Covid and post Covid. We know that some asymptomatic people have permanent lung damage. Now some people are noticing differences in their heart rate.

It's scary.

My resting heart rate is only 46bmp (and my body temp is almost a degree lower than the average!), must be weird to have a resting heart rate of 110-120, hopefully thats just panic/anxiety, maybe they lost some fitness too over lockdown?

EDIT: just read it might be because the virus attacks red blood cells, possibly damaging their ability to carry oxygen so the heart pumps more to compensate. Red blood cells last for 120 days, so hopefully once they've all been replaced, his heart rate will be back to normal (hopefully a lot of other symptoms people are experiencing are related to this and will improve after the defective blood cells are replaced)

I know a lot of medical staff and from antibody testing it seems like (annecdotely) quite a few people don't hold on to the antibodies (so of the people who definitely had it, some showed some antibodies, others showed none), assuming that the antibody test is accurate, that probably explains why the antibody rate was so low in Sweden (they expected it to be much higher) and everywhere else, and suggests it can't be used to accurately determine how many people have had it.

To have a consistent resting heart-rate of 110-120 I think is pretty deadly. The max should be 80 and that’s high. I need to improve my fitness a lot and I wake up with a RHR of 50-60. What the hell will his heart rate be if he exercises?

Maybe the virus destroyed his alveoli? That sounds really extreme.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/10/2020  8:15 AM
Here is something cool to bring people at least a tiny bit of optimism...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonews.com/amp/news/coronavirus/first-seattle-volunteer-in-human-covid-19-vaccine-trials-says-she-feels-fantastic
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2020  10:59 AM
NYC all over again

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
7/10/2020  11:00 AM
martin
USA
7/10/2020  11:51 AM
smackeddog
7/10/2020  12:48 PM
martin wrote:NYC all over again

How many times does this lesson have to be learnt the hard way? It's beyond ridiculous- what do Trump and his band of followers think is ultimately going to happen here? Probably stage 2 denial is when they can no longer refute this s*** is happening (after claiming it wasn't/would not happen), they'll switch to claiming it was unavoidable.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/10/2020  1:30 PM
Was posted on FB don't really have a link.

So, this guy sums things up pretty nicely!

Stephen Wright

So if you didn’t catch this mornings ****show, it went basically like this:
The CDC put out its official recommendations and requirements states should meet before reopening schools.
Trump went to twitter, ****ted on the CDC recommendations, demanding that k-12 schools fully open up in the fall. He threatened to cut federal funding if they do not.
Then the coronavirus task force held a press conference, minus Fauci, because he’s on the President’s **** list.

Betsy Devos said she really really really wants kids back in school. She does not know how to do this, offered no suggestions. Just that they need to open, and leaves it up to local officials to figure it out.

Vice President Pence said children are resilient. Basically made out of cartilage with healthy lungs. They probably won’t get sick, so we shouldn’t worry about them. There is also no disagreement between the CDC and Trump. Trump wants schools to open, and just doesn’t want the CDC’s guidelines to be the reason for schools not opening?
Yes, he actually said he doesn’t want states to keep their schools closed just because their own CDC says it is not safe to open.

So the VP says, don’t worry, let’s bring up the Director of the CDC to clarify. -And I could‘ve sworn I heard this guy gulp off camera.
But the director of the CDC comes up and says he also wants schools to open safely. He said he likes his job and wants to keep it, therefore, he is also in full agreement with Trump, despite the guidelines they released hours before.

So then Dr. Birx comes on and says half the country has seen a surge of new cases. The country is worse off than it was back at the start of all this. She said they should return to phase 1 and start all over.

Now, an astute reader may wonder how do half the states return to phase 1, and still expect to open by fall? Good question. ..... And while you were thinking about it, Birx tries to leave the podium.

But before she gets away, Pence stops her, suggests she ‘talk about that other thing about the children’. She hesitates, then agrees.
She comes back up to the mic, says most children probably won’t die. Maybe 0.02%. And usually the ones who die were already sick, so you parents at home may want to keep an eye on them. Oh- and we have virtually no data on how transmissible the virus is in children because we’ve barely tested any of them, but let me get out of your hair.
Pence comes back and says, see, we’re good here.
————————-
So while all that is going Cuomo is holding his own press conference.
He says I don’t even give a **** what Trump is saying. It’s not worth responding to the clown. States control school openings, and we will do it as safely as possible, end of discussion.
Other states blew off our warnings, and now they are paying the price. You want to fix your states? Pull your heads out of your asses and follow our example.
—————————
And Fauci has gone total rogue. He has been giving interviews across the media spectrum, politely telling anyone who will listen that following trump’s orders regarding the Coronavirus will lead to certain doom. Death and economic disaster on a scale never seen before. Please turn back while you still can.
And now you are filled in

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/10/2020  1:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2020  6:22 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Was posted on FB don't really have a link.

So, this guy sums things up pretty nicely!

Stephen Wright

So if you didn’t catch this mornings ****show, it went basically like this:
The CDC put out its official recommendations and requirements states should meet before reopening schools.
Trump went to twitter, ****ted on the CDC recommendations, demanding that k-12 schools fully open up in the fall. He threatened to cut federal funding if they do not.
Then the coronavirus task force held a press conference, minus Fauci, because he’s on the President’s **** list.

Betsy Devos said she really really really wants kids back in school. She does not know how to do this, offered no suggestions. Just that they need to open, and leaves it up to local officials to figure it out.

Vice President Pence said children are resilient. Basically made out of cartilage with healthy lungs. They probably won’t get sick, so we shouldn’t worry about them. There is also no disagreement between the CDC and Trump. Trump wants schools to open, and just doesn’t want the CDC’s guidelines to be the reason for schools not opening?
Yes, he actually said he doesn’t want states to keep their schools closed just because their own CDC says it is not safe to open.

So the VP says, don’t worry, let’s bring up the Director of the CDC to clarify. -And I could‘ve sworn I heard this guy gulp off camera.
But the director of the CDC comes up and says he also wants schools to open safely. He said he likes his job and wants to keep it, therefore, he is also in full agreement with Trump, despite the guidelines they released hours before.

So then Dr. Birx comes on and says half the country has seen a surge of new cases. The country is worse off than it was back at the start of all this. She said they should return to phase 1 and start all over.

Now, an astute reader may wonder how do half the states return to phase 1, and still expect to open by fall? Good question. ..... And while you were thinking about it, Birx tries to leave the podium.

But before she gets away, Pence stops her, suggests she ‘talk about that other thing about the children’. She hesitates, then agrees.
She comes back up to the mic, says most children probably won’t die. Maybe 0.02%. And usually the ones who die were already sick, so you parents at home may want to keep an eye on them. Oh- and we have virtually no data on how transmissible the virus is in children because we’ve barely tested any of them, but let me get out of your hair.
Pence comes back and says, see, we’re good here.
————————-
So while all that is going Cuomo is holding his own press conference.
He says I don’t even give a **** what Trump is saying. It’s not worth responding to the clown. States control school openings, and we will do it as safely as possible, end of discussion.
Other states blew off our warnings, and now they are paying the price. You want to fix your states? Pull your heads out of your asses and follow our example.
—————————
And Fauci has gone total rogue. He has been giving interviews across the media spectrum, politely telling anyone who will listen that following trump’s orders regarding the Coronavirus will lead to certain doom. Death and economic disaster on a scale never seen before. Please turn back while you still can.
And now you are filled in

WOW! This is a complete **** show! BTW, when they discuss opening up schools, they ever mention the vulnerability of the teachers!

Clean
Member: #743
7/10/2020  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2020  6:20 PM

Edit: If you want a more clear picture of who this guy was watch this video.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/10/2020  8:39 PM
dude just died b/c of a democratic hoax!

there is this piece of good news: https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/first-seattle-volunteer-in-human-covid-19-vaccine-trials-says-she-feels-fantastic

Clean
7/10/2020  9:36 PM
djsunyc wrote:dude just died b/c of a democratic hoax!

there is this piece of good news: https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/first-seattle-volunteer-in-human-covid-19-vaccine-trials-says-she-feels-fantastic

I am really interested to see how this new type of vaccine holds up. It sounds interesting.

Clean
7/10/2020  11:12 PM
I am starting to feel like I am being a downer but I see important info and I share it. We might have just found another reason why the death numbers have not grown as much as the cases have.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/08/houston-coronavirus-deaths-number/

"The uptick in the number of people dying before they can even reach a hospital in Houston draws parallels to what happened in New York City in March and April, when there was a spike in the number of times firefighters responded to medical calls, only to discover that the person in need of help had already died. These increases also echo those reported during outbreaks in Detroit and Boston, when the number of people dying at home jumped as coronavirus cases surged."

"Many people who die at home are not tested for COVID-19, said Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. In New York City, for example, only 16% of the 11,475 at-home deaths between February and June have been attributed to COVID-19, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/11/2020  9:36 AM
Clean wrote:

I am really interested to see how this new type of vaccine holds up. It sounds interesting.

Yeah, it's fascinating and scary. Under normal circumstances, I'd say we'd need at least three to five years worth of trials. There has to be some level of side effects associated with this. Unfortunately, time is not on our side.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
7/11/2020  10:56 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Clean wrote:

Yeah, it's fascinating and scary. Under normal circumstances, I'd say we'd need at least three to five years worth of trials. There has to be some level of side effects associated with this. Unfortunately, time is not on our side.

Oxford vaccine might be ready to go in September-December. Seems to be the safer option and is ahead of the pack as it was developed for another illness so had already passed some of the safety checks. It won't offer total immunity but it could offer us a very good stop gap measure while we safety check the newer vaccines. Fingers crossed

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/11/2020  1:13 PM
And Trump is talking about opening schools?!?!. No sane person who has another option for watching their kids during the day is going to send their kids to school. My daughter's college is going virtual this semester, so she is staying home. I would recommend to everyone that you keep your kids home if you can (and I know some people just don't have a choice). Stay safe and don't trust anything Trump or any of these republicans tell you. They are just trying to convince people it is safe so that Trump can win an election. They are not concerned about you or your family's health.
Trust the Process
Clean
7/11/2020  1:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2020  1:45 PM
In another case of Covid Karma.

If you are going to be a Covid denier make sure you are not out of shape or overweight. This is one of the conditions that will make it harder for you to survive.

BigDaddyG

7/11/2020  1:58 PM
Clean wrote:In another case of Covid Karma.

If you are going to be a Covid denier make sure you are not out of shape or overweight. This is one of the conditions that will make it harder for you to survive.

Yeah, it seems a lot of the anti-maskers are people who appear to be in the higher categories of risk. The same people who deny that there are higher risks associated with consuming a diet high in animal fats or proteins, or that their gas guzzling monstrosities are destroying the environment, or that the world won't end if two people of the same gender get married. Science and facts are these guys real enemy.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

7/11/2020  2:32 PM
OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy