6/30/2020  3:13 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/30/2020  3:24 PM
martin wrote:

I think it’s more sinister than stupid, I think the strategy is to let this thing run rampant, have it pass through the entire population, take the maximum death load, but minimize the length of time the economy is disrupted. It’s vile.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/30/2020  3:36 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:The U S the way it’s set up has almost no chance versus pandemic. So many different views so many different cities states it’s a cluster f k of disaster.

If I was President I’d say mandatory 21 day lock down again for everyone. When it’s over if u do t wear a mask in public u go to jail for a year. That’s it

21 day lockdown means economy halts. Which means you need to pass another stimulus for individuals and help states out with extra $$. Means you need to raise taxes.

You think the Republicans are down for this?

It a political problem to be dead honest— were dealing w a severe human problem.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2020  3:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:The U S the way it’s set up has almost no chance versus pandemic. So many different views so many different cities states it’s a cluster f k of disaster.

If I was President I’d say mandatory 21 day lock down again for everyone. When it’s over if u do t wear a mask in public u go to jail for a year. That’s it

21 day lockdown means economy halts. Which means you need to pass another stimulus for individuals and help states out with extra $$. Means you need to raise taxes.

It a political problem to be dead honest— were dealing w a severe human problem.

I agree, if we can’t all come together in this extraordinary situation and pursue some extraordinary solutions, we’re doomed.

Just read the US has bought up all supplies of Remdisivir so no other country has access to it. the fact the drug company is refusing to release the patent and allow all countries to make it, is beyond disgusting. How can anyone think of mass profit is over lives in this situation?!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2020  4:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

I dont know what that means

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/30/2020  4:53 PM
TripleThreat wrote:Feel well enough today to post a little.

Be safe, gentlemen. For you and all of yours. For your families.

Just saw this today! Hope you're on the way to being well enough to post more. Or well enough to ignore this place entirely!

Hope you and yours are safe as well, Triple

martin
USA
6/30/2020  6:24 PM
Oh boy....

A new study from China showed that antibodies faded quickly in both asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-19 patients during convalescence, raising questions about whether the illness leads to any lasting immunity to the virus afterward.

The authors said the findings suggest that it could be risky to assume that recovered patients are immune to reinfection, which may have implications for how long to maintain physical distancing restrictions.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/30/2020  6:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

I agree, if we can’t all come together in this extraordinary situation and pursue some extraordinary solutions, we’re doomed.

Just read the US has bought up all supplies of Remdisivir so no other country has access to it. the fact the drug company is refusing to release the patent and allow all countries to make it, is beyond disgusting. How can anyone think of mass profit is over lives in this situation?!

Not even clear if Remdisivir is the the best treatment option. From an article I posted a few pages back:

The finding, accompanied by evidence of potentially more effective drugs against COVID-19, published Saturday in the journal Cell by an international team of scientists.
Fluorescence microscopy image of human epithelial cells taken from the colon and infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus, that causes COVID-19. The infected cells produce tentacles, known formally as filopodia ( in white) extending out from the cell surface containing viral particles (M protein in red).
By focusing on the fundamental behavior of the virus — how it hijacks key human proteins and uses them to benefit itself and harm us — the team was able to identify a family of existing drugs called kinase inhibitors that appear to offer the most effective treatment yet for COVID-19.

"We've tested a number of these kinase inhibitors and some are better than remdesivir," said Nevan Krogan, one of more than 70 authors of the new paper, and director of the Quantitative Biosciences Institute at the University of California, San Francisco.

While remdesivir has yet to be approved for use against COVID-19, U.S. regulators are allowing "emergency use" of the drug in hospitalized patients.

Krogan said tests of kinase inhibitors showed some, including Gilteritnib and Ralimetinib, required lower concentrations than remdesivir in order to kill off 50% of the virus.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
6/30/2020  7:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

Not even clear if Remdisivir is the the best treatment option. From an article I posted a few pages back:

The finding, accompanied by evidence of potentially more effective drugs against COVID-19, published Saturday in the journal Cell by an international team of scientists.
Fluorescence microscopy image of human epithelial cells taken from the colon and infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus, that causes COVID-19. The infected cells produce tentacles, known formally as filopodia ( in white) extending out from the cell surface containing viral particles (M protein in red).
By focusing on the fundamental behavior of the virus — how it hijacks key human proteins and uses them to benefit itself and harm us — the team was able to identify a family of existing drugs called kinase inhibitors that appear to offer the most effective treatment yet for COVID-19.

"We've tested a number of these kinase inhibitors and some are better than remdesivir," said Nevan Krogan, one of more than 70 authors of the new paper, and director of the Quantitative Biosciences Institute at the University of California, San Francisco.

While remdesivir has yet to be approved for use against COVID-19, U.S. regulators are allowing "emergency use" of the drug in hospitalized patients.

Krogan said tests of kinase inhibitors showed some, including Gilteritnib and Ralimetinib, required lower concentrations than remdesivir in order to kill off 50% of the virus.

Supposedly it’s going to cost thousands to use it. If true, then Gilead is run by crooks.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

6/30/2020  8:46 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

Supposedly it’s going to cost thousands to use it. If true, then Gilead is run by crooks.

The entire process has been shady. Nothing concrete, but enough things to make you wonder. The side effects for Remdesivir are pretty rough. Not just Remdesivir, but all kinase inhibitors. I know there's a rush to get something out there, but I'm not sure nearly enough time is being given for research.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
6/30/2020  9:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

The entire process has been shady. Nothing concrete, but enough things to make you wonder. The side effects for Remdesivir are pretty rough. Not just Remdesivir, but all kinase inhibitors. I know there's a rush to get something out there, but I'm not sure nearly enough time is being given for research.

Ohh I did not know of the side effects. What are they? They rushed the $hit out of that drug.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

6/30/2020  9:24 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

Ohh I did not know of the side effects. What are they? They rushed the $hit out of that drug.

https://cancerworld.net/e-grandround/managing-common-toxicities-with-new-tyrosine-kinase-inhibitors/
Different classes of TKIs targeting specific receptors are typically associated with particular toxicities (see figure below):

EGFR inhibition is generally associated with skin rash, diarrhoea, mucositis and, less frequently, pneumonitis.
VEGFR inhibition leads to hypertension, proteinuria, wound healing complications, hand-foot skin reaction (HFSR) and also some vascular complications such as arterial thromboembolism and left ventricular dysfunction.
HER2 inhibition is associated with diarrhoea and rash, which are the most common toxicities associated with TKIs, and may also cause left ventricular dysfunction.
ALK inhibition is most commonly associated with gastrointestinal toxicities such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, some laboratory abnormalities such as elevated aspartateaminotransferase (AST) and alaninetransaminase (ALT) and, less commonly, pneumonitis.
BCR-ABL kinase inhibition typically causes cytopenia, in addition to cardiac abnormalities and hypothyroidism

Clean
Member: #743
6/30/2020  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2020  10:24 PM
martin wrote:Florida hiding something?

Florida has been juking the stats from the very beginning. The astronomical increase in "Pneumonia" cases this year compared to every year before was the warning sign. Florida was a lot closer to NY during the early months of the pandemic than most people realize. Obviously NY was still way worse due to density. If these huge numbers are what is being reported now can you imagine what the real number is? No way they stopped juking the stats now. I can't believe the political officials were taking victory laps about how well they handled the pandemic knowing all they did was juke the stats.

martin
USA
6/30/2020  11:33 PM
martin wrote:Need evidence of stupid states:

S. Dakota Gov. Noem says 'we will not be social distancing' at July 3 celebration with Trump at Mount Rushmore
Thousands of people are expected for the event. Masks are optional, too.

Texas Stupid:

Oklahoma stupid:

martin
USA
7/1/2020  10:17 AM

BigDaddyG

7/1/2020  11:29 AM
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200630155745.htm

COVID-19: Study shows virus can infect heart cells in lab dish

A new study shows that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 (coronavirus), can infect heart cells in a lab dish, indicating it may be possible for heart cells in COVID-19 patients to be directly infected by the virus. The discovery, published today in the journal Cell Reports Medicine, was made using heart muscle cells that were produced by stem cell technology.
martin
USA
7/1/2020  12:07 PM
martin
USA
7/1/2020  12:14 PM
martin
USA
7/1/2020  7:39 PM
For about 6 days a week I am in and around my house. Go to family about once a week and go to neighbors about once a week to have a drink outside. I don't get to experince this

Our country is coming apart at the seams? Are we this dumb?

martin
USA
7/2/2020  11:51 AM
OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy