Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/13/2020  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2020  12:34 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/high-school-student-is-one-of-the-nj-coronavirus-patients-officials-say.html

That's my sons high school - evidently a senior at the school.

they have been closed since Tuesday. Online learning started today.

This Covid-19 is super easy to spread.

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

I just spoke to one of my clients - he said the high death rate in china - especially with the men there - was smoking. Hopefully I don't smoke any more!

You mean to say: In China, men who smoked had a high fatality rate?

Precisely.

But- where is the testing. I don't feel sick, but my sense is probably every student in the school should be tested, and if they test positive, quarantine them. Yesterday my son was looking to go out for lunch with his HS friends from in town - and I was like - nope, you have got to be kidding.

Thanks. It's also known to effect the elderly & sick, so it's obviously generally effecting people with some sort of immune deficiency.

Male smokers. Wow. Just a wild guess: more men in China smoke then women, so it makes sense there too

I forget the stat, but I heard it on the last Joe Rogen Podcast. But I think the male smokers were people around the age of 50. I'm not clear about the mortality rates of men in China, but I'm sure it is low to begin with. Joe gets Looney from time to time, but it's a good podcast. Still not clear how the virus originated. I saw something about pangolins being ground up and eaten as herbal medicine as a possible cause. Everything is just theory at this point. I don't buy the conspiracy that this is a Chinese biological weapon gone out of control.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/13/2020  12:48 PM
Out of China’s population of 1.4 billion, there are nearly 34 million more males than females — the equivalent of almost the entire population of California, or Poland, who will never find wives and only rarely have sex. China’s official one-child policy, in effect from 1979 to 2015, was a huge factor in creating this imbalance, as millions of couples were determined that their child should be a son.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/13/2020  12:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/high-school-student-is-one-of-the-nj-coronavirus-patients-officials-say.html

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

I just spoke to one of my clients - he said the high death rate in china - especially with the men there - was smoking. Hopefully I don't smoke any more!

Precisely.

But- where is the testing. I don't feel sick, but my sense is probably every student in the school should be tested, and if they test positive, quarantine them. Yesterday my son was looking to go out for lunch with his HS friends from in town - and I was like - nope, you have got to be kidding.

Thanks. It's also known to effect the elderly & sick, so it's obviously generally effecting people with some sort of immune deficiency.

Male smokers. Wow. Just a wild guess: more men in China smoke then women, so it makes sense there too

I forget the stat, but I heard it on the last Joe Rogen Podcast. But I think the male smokers were people around the age of 50. I'm not clear about the mortality rates of men in China, but I'm sure it is low to begin with. Joe gets Looney from time to time, but it's a good podcast. Still not clear how the virus originated. I saw something about pangolins being ground up and eaten as herbal medicine as a possible cause. Everything is just theory at this point. I don't buy the conspiracy that this is a Chinese biological weapon gone out of control.

There is one Joe Rogan podcast with Michael Osterholm #1439. The guest is an epidemiologist/lawyer. Some very interesting info. Sheds some light on the statistics of it and possible outcomes as well as some other bits.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2020  1:56 PM
Worst outbreak of disease that I can remember in my 51 years. Some scientist in ct predicts the fall will be much worse😳. It’s something that cycles on the planet every once in awhile. My hope is that with today’s technologies we can keep minimal loss. I don’t mind hiding for 2-3 weeks in order for the virus to lose its hold.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/13/2020  1:58 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

Precisely.

There is one Joe Rogan podcast with Michael Osterholm #1439. The guest is an epidemiologist/lawyer. Some very interesting info. Sheds some light on the statistics of it and possible outcomes as well as some other bits.

I saw that podcast — guy scared the sht out of me. The only great positive is that younger generation seems to have defense against it.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/13/2020  3:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Worst outbreak of disease that I can remember in my 51 years. Some scientist in ct predicts the fall will be much worse😳. It’s something that cycles on the planet every once in awhile. My hope is that with today’s technologies we can keep minimal loss. I don’t mind hiding for 2-3 weeks in order for the virus to lose its hold.

Unfortunately it’s going to be here for the rest of the year and possibly next year too. Peak forecast to be in a couple of months time, or could be stretched out longer, but then you’re hitting autumn/winter

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/13/2020  3:34 PM
Got a notice from office that someone In the office met with an individual who they believe tested positive...they shut the office down today.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/14/2020  5:50 PM
Crush, you in Monroe county? We just had all of our schools close indefinitely
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/14/2020  6:03 PM
There are a lot of idiots out there.

My sister's friends daughter was walking around Time Square earlier and a random guy punched her on the face and kicked her knees because of the Corona virus and also for being Asian. The guy just left and took off and no one helped her. 😥😡

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/14/2020  6:13 PM
NYKBocker wrote:There are a lot of idiots out there.

My sister's friends daughter was walking around Time Square earlier and a random guy punched her on the face and kicked her knees because of the Corona virus and also for being Asian. The guy just left and took off and no one helped her. 😥😡

hopefully that ****ing piece of **** is laying somewhere in his own blood right now. new york has a way of taking care of situations like that.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/14/2020  7:10 PM
martin wrote:Crush, you in Monroe county? We just had all of our schools close indefinitely
I am but my school is in Orleans County. We closed also.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/14/2020  7:15 PM
I guess the hope is that while sheot is still unknown, now that the weather is getting nicer, people will be going outside more and spreading out, which is how flu season ends apparently.

Hopefully that’s the case. People need to stop acting like this is the apocalypse. The grocery stores have emptied.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
3/14/2020  9:30 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I guess the hope is that while sheot is still unknown, now that the weather is getting nicer, people will be going outside more and spreading out, which is how flu season ends apparently.

Hopefully that’s the case. People need to stop acting like this is the apocalypse. The grocery stores have emptied.

The more I read about the 1918 flu the more it’s scary to look like this😞 it came in three waves with the second the worst. I think youre right— we’re gonna have a grace period from probably Late April early may to late august. But if it is similar they need to work fast to find protectionism’s.
Let’s pray to God for the positive side.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/14/2020  9:38 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I guess the hope is that while sheot is still unknown, now that the weather is getting nicer, people will be going outside more and spreading out, which is how flu season ends apparently.

There could be supply disruptions in the coming months so I would stock up. All it takes is the trucks to stop delivering for a couple of days to empty the supermarket shelves. Agree we shouldnt panic, but I would plan for the long haul.

BigDaddyG

3/14/2020  11:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

There could be supply disruptions in the coming months so I would stock up. All it takes is the trucks to stop delivering for a couple of days to empty the supermarket shelves. Agree we shouldnt panic, but I would plan for the long haul.

Yeah, it's pretty much from truck to cart where I'm at right now. Wish people use common sense. This is just the tip of the iceberg. You'll always be able to get water and toilet paper next week. No reason to buy it all at once. It's like people forgot how they responded during a typical flu season. I'm not comparing this strain to the typical influenza virus, but the protocol should be the same. Wash your hands, cover your month when you cough, be mindful of the elderly etc. This isn't the zombie apocalypse.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
3/14/2020  11:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty much from truck to cart where I'm at right now. Wish people use common sense. This is just the tip of the iceberg. You'll always be able to get water and toilet paper next week. No reason to buy it all at once. It's like people forgot how they responded during a typical flu season. I'm not comparing this strain to the typical influenza virus, but the protocol should be the same. Wash your hands, cover your month when you cough, be mindful of the elderly etc. This isn't the zombie apocalypse.

Life is going to be very different and limited for a long while. Hospitals will overflow. Here’s another example:

“Hoboken NJ has implemented a curfew starting Monday. Residents are required to remain in their homes from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. unless they are required to work. All bars and restaurants are no longer permitted to serve food within the restaurant or bar effective March 15 at 11 a.m.”

Worst has yet to come.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/14/2020  11:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Lots of folks out there who arent in the best of health, elderly. It might not be the Zombie Apocalypse, but this is no joke to them. Not suggesting you feel that way. Reports from Japan say that some people are recovering with only 20-30 percent lung capacity. So its serious enough to socially isolate. Less trips for food.

martin
USA
3/15/2020  12:58 AM
BigDaddyG

3/15/2020  2:58 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Lots of folks out there who arent in the best of health, elderly. It might not be the Zombie Apocalypse, but this is no joke to them. Not suggesting you feel that way. Reports from Japan say that some people are recovering with only 20-30 percent lung capacity. So its serious enough to socially isolate. Less trips for food.

I totally understand that precautions should be taken for the elderly and others that are vulnerable. But I don't get the sense that is what's happening. I think many people are overreacting. Yes, this is a situation that's out of our control. It means that we have to do better and control our emotions.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/15/2020  4:03 AM
France advising against use of ibuprofen and anti inflammatories as it might aggrivate the virus

French authorities have warned that widely used over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs may worsen the coronavirus.

The country’s health minister, Olivier Véran, who is a qualified doctor and neurologist, tweeted on Saturday: “The taking of anti-inflammatories [ibuprofen, cortisone … ] could be a factor in aggravating the infection. In case of fever, take paracetamol. If you are already taking anti-inflammatory drugs, ask your doctor’s advice.”

Health officials point out that anti-inflammatory drugs are known to be a risk for those with infectious illnesses because they tend to diminish the response of the body’s immune system.

The health ministry added that patients should choose paracetamol because “it will reduce the fever without counterattacking the inflammation”.

French patients have been forced to consult pharmacies since mid-January if they want to buy popular painkillers, including ibuprofen, paracetamol and aspirin, to be reminded of the risks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

Not saying its been completely verified by other countries, but might be worth keeping in mind.

OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy