[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Coronavirus updates/info
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/8/2020  3:11 PM
Clean wrote:Thanks to you all for your well wishes for my mother. She was fighting hard till the end but she finally lost her battle with Covid-19 this morning. This is my 1st close family death so I have no idea where to go from here but I just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes. Please Stay Safe!

You stay safe too, man. I can't imagine what you're going through, but we're all here for each other, so feel free to vent, or just talk if you need it. Again, you have my condolences.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/8/2020  3:37 PM
Clean wrote:Thanks to you all for your well wishes for my mother. She was fighting hard till the end but she finally lost her battle with Covid-19 this morning. This is my 1st close family death so I have no idea where to go from here but I just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes. Please Stay Safe!

That is terrible. Sorry to hear this

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/8/2020  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2020  4:23 PM

I was really hoping she’d pull through, feel crushed for you. Really heart breaking. You Take good care, man

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/8/2020  4:33 PM

oh man, so sorry to hear. heart breaking

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/8/2020  4:44 PM

My condolences to you and your family.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/8/2020  4:57 PM

Oh no. Really sorry for your loss.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/8/2020  5:58 PM
Really sorry for your mother Clean. I’ll keep you in my prayers.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

4/8/2020  7:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://www.newsweek.com/swedish-hospitals-chloroquine-covid-19-side-effects-1496368

Several hospitals in Sweden have reportedly stopped administering chloroquine to coronavirus patients following reports the drug was causing adverse side effects.

According to the national paper Expressen, hospitals in the Västra Götaland region are no longer offering the antimalarial medication, with side effects reported to include cramps and the loss of peripheral vision.

New studies are showing it has no impact on COVID-1 patients with severe symptoms, both by itself and in conjunction with azithromycin.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858?via%3Dihub

Go figure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.

Very unsurprising

This really looks like a non story. I was curious as I think it could be an obvious conflict of course. I understand 99% of the people in this thread despise Trump
(to put it lightly). I was a Bernie guy, so it is kind of non emotional for me to go through the thread. My point here is, be careful of the emotion getting the better
of you. Things like this can add to our previously held beliefs in a dishonest way. I don't mean that against anyone. We all experience this to some degree.

I did a bit of digging.

Trumps "interest" here is via a part of a mutual fund he holds (mentioned below in the Business Insider article.) For some perspective I found the below:

Forbes: (snippet)

Forbes estimates the value of Trump’s Sanofi holdings to be less than $3,000; for context, Forbes estimates Trump's total net worth at $2.1 billion

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/04/07/trump-has-small-distant-link-to-sanofi-french-drugmaker-of-hydroxychloroquine/

Business Insider said this:

Trump has a distant financial link to a pharma giant that makes the drug he's been pushing to fight COVID-19 — but it's probably worth less than $1,000

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-small-financial-ties-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-drug-maker-2020-4?op=1

I don't really watch TV, so I am not familiar with CNN, ABC, FOX, etc. that much (more via internet clips.) And I'm not familiar with Forbes or Business Insider. I found
some other articles (e.g. from Salon - https://www.salon.com/2020/04/07/trump-holds-financial-interest-in-pharmaceutical-company-that-produces-hydroxychloroquine-nyt_partner/
but they don't mention an amount.

Marketwatch calculated (due to it being in a mutual fund), that it could be around $99. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-personal-stake-in-the-malaria-drug-maker-sanofi-could-be-as-small-as-99-2020-04-07

Martin - You were correct. I never thought to check my spam as I sent the first email and thought it would of course allow a return in. Thanks for your friendly letter and points taken.
Re this topic here, I think the burden is a bit on the people who brought it up to give financial amounts. Without that things can really be misconstrued. Everything I found point to the $$$ being miniscule.
I don't really enjoy taking part in back and forth's but wanted to drop this in here as it concerned me at first.

I'm not saying it's a smoking gun. It's just odd behavior for him to start aggressively pushing a drug that still has so many questions surrounding it's effectiveness. People's lives are on the line. We can't afford half-truths. It could be nothing, it could be just a snippet of the much larger picture

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/major-producer-of-hydroxychloroquine-once-paid-michael-cohen-hefty-sum-for-access-to-trump/

President Donald Trump on Sunday once again touted the potential life-saving benefits of treating coronavirus patients with hydroxychloroquine, a powerful anti-malaria drug, despite a dearth of medical professionals or clinical evidence supporting his claims. It just so happens that one of the largest manufacturers of the drug, Novartis, previously paid Trump’s now-incarcerated former personal attorney Michael Cohen more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016.

The Swiss drug maker signed a contract that paid Cohen’s newly formed limited-liability corporation Essential Consultants $100,000 per month in February of 2017. After details of the deal were leaked by the now-jailed Michael Avenatti, whose then-client Stormy Daniels was engaged in a legal dispute with the president, the company’s CEO issued a public apology saying Novartis “made a mistake” in contracting with the president’s personal attorney.

I have to laugh at this nonsense! There are many doctors that have great results with this drug. My sister-in-law is on it for years for lupus and is sure she didn't get the virus when her daughter had it as they were together. These conspiracy theories are funny!

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/8/2020  9:11 PM

So sorry Clean.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

4/8/2020  9:34 PM

Sorry for your loss

NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
4/8/2020  9:53 PM
My condolences.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/8/2020  9:56 PM

very very sorry brother.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/8/2020  10:03 PM

I’m very sorry clean. Totally surreal

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/8/2020  11:12 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://www.newsweek.com/swedish-hospitals-chloroquine-covid-19-side-effects-1496368

Several hospitals in Sweden have reportedly stopped administering chloroquine to coronavirus patients following reports the drug was causing adverse side effects.

According to the national paper Expressen, hospitals in the Västra Götaland region are no longer offering the antimalarial medication, with side effects reported to include cramps and the loss of peripheral vision.

New studies are showing it has no impact on COVID-1 patients with severe symptoms, both by itself and in conjunction with azithromycin.

Go figure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.

Very unsurprising

This really looks like a non story. I was curious as I think it could be an obvious conflict of course. I understand 99% of the people in this thread despise Trump
(to put it lightly). I was a Bernie guy, so it is kind of non emotional for me to go through the thread. My point here is, be careful of the emotion getting the better
of you. Things like this can add to our previously held beliefs in a dishonest way. I don't mean that against anyone. We all experience this to some degree.

I did a bit of digging.

Trumps "interest" here is via a part of a mutual fund he holds (mentioned below in the Business Insider article.) For some perspective I found the below:

Forbes estimates the value of Trump’s Sanofi holdings to be less than $3,000; for context, Forbes estimates Trump's total net worth at $2.1 billion

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/04/07/trump-has-small-distant-link-to-sanofi-french-drugmaker-of-hydroxychloroquine/

Trump has a distant financial link to a pharma giant that makes the drug he's been pushing to fight COVID-19 — but it's probably worth less than $1,000

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-small-financial-ties-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-drug-maker-2020-4?op=1

I don't really watch TV, so I am not familiar with CNN, ABC, FOX, etc. that much (more via internet clips.) And I'm not familiar with Forbes or Business Insider. I found
some other articles (e.g. from Salon - https://www.salon.com/2020/04/07/trump-holds-financial-interest-in-pharmaceutical-company-that-produces-hydroxychloroquine-nyt_partner/

Marketwatch calculated (due to it being in a mutual fund), that it could be around $99. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-personal-stake-in-the-malaria-drug-maker-sanofi-could-be-as-small-as-99-2020-04-07

Martin - You were correct. I never thought to check my spam as I sent the first email and thought it would of course allow a return in. Thanks for your friendly letter and points taken.
Re this topic here, I think the burden is a bit on the people who brought it up to give financial amounts. Without that things can really be misconstrued. Everything I found point to the $$$ being miniscule.
I don't really enjoy taking part in back and forth's but wanted to drop this in here as it concerned me at first.

I'm not saying it's a smoking gun. It's just odd behavior for him to start aggressively pushing a drug that still has so many questions surrounding it's effectiveness. People's lives are on the line. We can't afford half-truths. It could be nothing, it could be just a snippet of the much larger picture

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/major-producer-of-hydroxychloroquine-once-paid-michael-cohen-hefty-sum-for-access-to-trump/

President Donald Trump on Sunday once again touted the potential life-saving benefits of treating coronavirus patients with hydroxychloroquine, a powerful anti-malaria drug, despite a dearth of medical professionals or clinical evidence supporting his claims. It just so happens that one of the largest manufacturers of the drug, Novartis, previously paid Trump’s now-incarcerated former personal attorney Michael Cohen more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016.

The Swiss drug maker signed a contract that paid Cohen’s newly formed limited-liability corporation Essential Consultants $100,000 per month in February of 2017. After details of the deal were leaked by the now-jailed Michael Avenatti, whose then-client Stormy Daniels was engaged in a legal dispute with the president, the company’s CEO issued a public apology saying Novartis “made a mistake” in contracting with the president’s personal attorney.

I have to laugh at this nonsense! There are many doctors that have great results with this drug. My sister-in-law is on it for years for lupus and is sure she didn't get the virus when her daughter had it as they were together. These conspiracy theories are funny!

What nonsense? Facts? I'm happy you're sister in law is healthy, but this falls under anecdotal. There are many doctors, no make that hospitals, that have serious concerns about this drug. It's irresponsible to go pushing this out as a miracle. People are scared and desperate. Trump has shown in the past that he is a con man willing to play on people's desperation. That isn't a conspiracy.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
4/9/2020  4:54 AM

I am so sorry for your loss Clean. No words can describe the pain you must be feeling but we are here for you, in any way that might help.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/9/2020  7:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2020  7:27 AM

so, so sorry. I had my first major family loss, my dad, last year. While the circumstances are different, I just want to say losing someone is a very personal process. Whatever you are thinking and feeling is normal. Process it however it works for you and do whatever works for you

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
bigjeep8

4/9/2020  8:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2020  8:36 AM
firefly wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss Clean. No words can describe the pain you must be feeling but we are here for you, in any way that might help.

Also sorry for your loss!

bigjeep8

4/9/2020  8:34 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
bigjeep8 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Go figure.

Very unsurprising

I did a bit of digging.

What nonsense? Facts? I'm happy you're sister in law is healthy, but this falls under anecdotal. There are many doctors, no make that hospitals, that have serious concerns about this drug. It's irresponsible to go pushing this out as a miracle. People are scared and desperate. Trump has shown in the past that he is a con man willing to play on people's desperation. That isn't a conspiracy.

This board, that should be for the Knicks, is a classic example of "Trump derangement syndrome" that is seen every day on the fake news networks and you know who they are. The hatred here is not normal human behavior. First he was a Russian spy! Now he's trying to kill people with a drug that's been used since the 50's. According to fake news Michael Avenatti was going to be president in the White House, now he's in the Big House! Come on guys, fake news!

bigjeep8

4/9/2020  9:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2020  9:31 AM
"Cuomo could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece or a total of $576 million in 2015. It's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factory. When it comes to state budget priorities, spending half a percent of the budget on ventilators is a no brainer."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/03/18/new_yorks_ventilator_rationing_plan_142685.html

PS - I guess this is Trumps fault to?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/9/2020  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2020  10:40 AM
My daughter is a freshmen in college in Austria. She told me this am school will open back up May 14 and that stores will open up April 14. Said the cases of Covid 19 have nearly exhausted. This is good news although much smaller country. But I’d like to focus on the positive and this is the best I’ve heard.
Also you will NOT be able to come back to the community without wearing a mask in Austria— something the USA needs to learn
RIP Crushalot😞
OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy