OT: Coronavirus updates/info
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2022  3:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Clean wrote:It's crazy how with each new more transmissible variant it cannibalizes the previous ones. Delta was the big dog for awhile and now with omicron it is near 0% of cases in Denmark. Amazing. How and why things like this happens is so interesting to me.

I’m prob gonna wear a mask in public from here on in. I hope that sometime in April the general population gets a break. Covid overload too much. I’ve personally taken 3 shots —-I don’t see me doing anymore unless something dramatic happens. I got booster but still got covid. So I have as much protection inside me as u can have. I never got a flu shot in my life but also haven’t had flu. We all have to go our own path after a long period of time. Mine will be wearing mask and being cognizant of social distance. But I maybe done with additional immunizations.

Don't give up on the additional immunizations yet BRIGGS, or at least be open to hearing what they are about and why they may still be relevant.

We may not be done yet.

I am hopeful that Omicron and its variants die off over the next 2 months. Spring will hit and everyone can enjoy some much needed months outside with social interaction

But don't let your guard down. Not just yet.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/24/2022  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2022  6:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Clean wrote:It's crazy how with each new more transmissible variant it cannibalizes the previous ones. Delta was the big dog for awhile and now with omicron it is near 0% of cases in Denmark. Amazing. How and why things like this happens is so interesting to me.

I’m prob gonna wear a mask in public from here on in. I hope that sometime in April the general population gets a break. Covid overload too much. I’ve personally taken 3 shots —-I don’t see me doing anymore unless something dramatic happens. I got booster but still got covid. So I have as much protection inside me as u can have. I never got a flu shot in my life but also haven’t had flu. We all have to go our own path after a long period of time. Mine will be wearing mask and being cognizant of social distance. But I maybe done with additional immunizations.

I understand your position. I personally will be taking boosters every time it's time to. I also have never taken a flu shot. I did get the flu one time in college and it really kicked my butt for a week. If the flu could do that I am not taking any chances with this thing. One thing we know for sure about this is that antibodies for Covid lessen over time.

I personally think not getting boosters is gambling. We so far have gotten variants that make it more transmissible sooner or later we are going to get variants that make them more lethal. The reason why getting all these more transmissible variants is still bad is because the virus now has more opportunities to find immunocompromised people. These people are where is mutates while it fights off weakened immune systems.

The sad thing is I think this is our new way of life. I don't see us getting enough people worldwide vaxxed at the same time to kill it off. Poverty, Anti vaxxers, variants and immunity lessening over time makes that way too hard of a task. So now that herd immunity is now virtually impossible the priority goes to making sure my antibodies are ready for when I eventually catch it.

martin
USA
1/24/2022  8:21 PM

martin
USA
1/24/2022  8:22 PM
martin
USA
1/25/2022  10:14 AM
Clean
Member: #743
2/1/2022  10:37 AM
martin
USA
2/1/2022  10:55 AM
It's unfortunate when your own ignorance is the literal death of you when others are desperately just trying to SAVE YOUR LIFE

This cop is so proud of his stance. His family and community is who suffers.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/1/2022  11:27 AM
Imagine thinking you’re free, while being completely controlled by the need for likes on social media.
martin
USA
3/15/2022  5:08 PM
Sigh

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/15/2022  6:04 PM
martin wrote:Sigh

Bizarre, a lot of governments seem to have given up on covid, and are essentially trying not to think about it any more- we seem to have nothing planned in case of bad scenarios or developments, essentially we're just hoping for the best and trying not to think about the worst. Ridiculous, but then again that was the policy for climate change for many years.

martin
USA
3/15/2022  6:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:Bizarre, a lot of governments seem to have given up on covid, and are essentially trying not to think about it any more- we seem to have nothing planned in case of bad scenarios or developments, essentially we're just hoping for the best and trying not to think about the worst. Ridiculous, but then again that was the policy for climate change for many years.

How did you come to these conclusions?

smackeddog
3/15/2022  7:03 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Bizarre, a lot of governments seem to have given up on covid, and are essentially trying not to think about it any more- we seem to have nothing planned in case of bad scenarios or developments, essentially we're just hoping for the best and trying not to think about the worst. Ridiculous, but then again that was the policy for climate change for many years.

How did you come to these conclusions?

Check out some European countries- particularly the UK,

martin
USA
3/17/2022  7:42 AM

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/17/2022  9:44 AM
Austria now at 56 k new cases today. Rolling 1 week avg 44 k—- highest by far since pandemic.they boast a 75 vaccine rate as well.
RIP Crushalot😞
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/17/2022  9:47 AM
Coworker’s wife just tested positive today.

Job announced last week that the office is reopening next month.

No thank you.

I have no desire to return to the office in 2022. Or beyond.

smackeddog
3/17/2022  3:45 PM
Weirdly my sister's child got covid and she didn't (despite sleeping in the same room), and a few weeks later her partner has got covid and hasn't passed it on to her. How common is this? Have people encountered this? (either people they live with not passing it on or vice versa)? I've known a few people. Is it luck? Are some people more resistant to it? Is there much info about some people having an immunity to it?
martin
USA
3/17/2022  4:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:Weirdly my sister's child got covid and she didn't (despite sleeping in the same room), and a few weeks later her partner has got covid and hasn't passed it on to her. How common is this? Have people encountered this? (either people they live with not passing it on or vice versa)? I've known a few people. Is it luck? Are some people more resistant to it? Is there much info about some people having an immunity to it?

I've known may families like this

smackeddog
3/17/2022  6:52 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Weirdly my sister's child got covid and she didn't (despite sleeping in the same room), and a few weeks later her partner has got covid and hasn't passed it on to her. How common is this? Have people encountered this? (either people they live with not passing it on or vice versa)? I've known a few people. Is it luck? Are some people more resistant to it? Is there much info about some people having an immunity to it?

I do wonder if it’s a fluke, or what the rates are of people with a robust natural immunity/resistance to the spiked protein, I’ve only read one or two articles and very small studies mentioning the research into it and even those weren’t really sure what’s going on.

blkexec
Member: #748
3/17/2022  11:30 PM
Really? Wow….we just stopped wearing masks and I was the 2nd to last person to remove their mask at work. Some people I’ve worked with did even know me. And I sat right next to them.

Damn now I don’t know what to do. I also hoop without a mask and even during the high of Covid, we all pull our mask down or off and hoop. I believe I may have had it b4 Covid and again b4 Christmas in 2021. But only had one test very early and it was negative. My guess is all of us will be exposed enough to have natural immunity eventually.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/18/2022  10:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2022  10:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

I do wonder if it’s a fluke, or what the rates are of people with a robust natural immunity/resistance to the spiked protein, I’ve only read one or two articles and very small studies mentioning the research into it and even those weren’t really sure what’s going on.

At the beginning of the pandemic my wife got COVID. I was sleeping in the same bed for 2 nights. Until she finally got tested and tested positive. I took care of her giving her food and what not. I never got it. My family then went ahead and got the vaccine and boostered. Got a grandson and he is now 7 months olds. We babysit and I am with him almost everyday. My daughter and son-in-law got COVID at the beginning of the year and my grandson got it as well. They were both vaccinated. I still took care of my grandson. I just said...well I am getting it now. I am holding him and kissing him and everything. I never got COVID. So....

In my family, my wife, 2 daughters, son-in-law and grandson got COVID. Myself, 2 sons and daughter-in-law never got COVID. It is weird.

EDIT: I have been tested multiple times. I play basketball unmasked. I go to the gym unmasked after the NY mask mandate was lifted.

OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy