[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Coronavirus updates/info
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/15/2022  3:50 PM
ToddTT wrote:Ever since they made recommendations like 6 foot distancing, it was obvious that the goal was to just slow infection, not prevent it.

I treat everything they say as a minimum recommendation.

And I can understand this. My frustration comes when I see officials push back at doing the bare minimal.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/18/2022  5:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2022  5:06 AM

I had no idea he was so close to death. Before he got sick I remember him saying he was fully vaxxed but not boosted. It is also crazy that the ESPN vaxx mandate probably saved his life since from the beginning he said he was iffy on the vaxx but he was never anti vaxx. Probably would not have gotten it if not for the mandate. Hopefully everyone reading here also gets boosted. Your antibodies wane over time and SAS getting hit so bad probably mean his antibody levels went too low. He should have gotten boosted sooner. So be extra careful for the 10days or so until your booster shot take effect. Someone I know got boosted and caught covid a day or 2 later. He got hit pretty roughly and thinks it's because he got it right after getting boosted.

Clean
1/18/2022  6:08 AM
There is so much misinformation on social media. Everywhere is saying SAS was boosted while in his statement where he announced he had COVID he clearly said he had not been boosted. I can see where so many people who are not savvy enough to see through the BS can get brainwashed by these fools.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/18/2022  10:30 AM
Even supreme court justices can be *******s

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
1/18/2022  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2022  10:45 AM
martin wrote:Even supreme court justices can be *******s

This is such ****y behaviour it blows my mind

[EDIT: The anarchist in me loves that Im so filthy, the filter doesnt even cover my pottymouth]

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
martin
USA
1/18/2022  1:17 PM

martin
USA
1/18/2022  1:47 PM
martin
USA
1/18/2022  1:53 PM
Also via USPS

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/18/2022  1:56 PM
Just ordered mine - thanks for the heads up!
Clean
1/20/2022  1:23 AM

When schools opened back up I said kids would be the weak link. You can't expect small children to stick to everything needed to keep their family safe. But we all know the reason why in person school is back is because of money.
martin
USA
1/20/2022  8:07 AM
Clean wrote:
When schools opened back up I said kids would be the weak link. You can't expect small children to stick to everything needed to keep their family safe. But we all know the reason why in person school is back is because of money.

I don't think it is money. It's all of those families that can't work from home, or can't manage their your kids in a virtual environment.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/20/2022  8:10 AM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

I don't think it is money. It's all of those families that can't work from home, or can't manage their your kids in a virtual environment.

It’s more they can’t make parents go to work if their kids are not in school. Capitalism over safety and long term health… like always

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
1/20/2022  8:38 AM
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

It’s more they can’t make parents go to work if their kids are not in school. Capitalism over safety and long term health… like always

LOL I mean yeah but when does reality set in? When parents are home, food does not get delivered. Planes and transportation do not operate. Kids do not get their needed education and interaction and parents go bonkers. Shit does not get done.

Clean
1/20/2022  9:42 AM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

What you listed is definitely a part of the equation as well. Money has and will always be tied with schools. During the first year of the pandemic when people wanted to have kids back in class ASAP there was a story that explained the money ties. I did not save it but I found a diff one that gives you an idea of why schools want in person learning so much.

"In Texas, the Austin public schools might lay off 200 people and still not fill the financial hole created by the coronavirus."

"in Los Angeles, the costs of virus testing, laptops and free meals for families have mounted to more than $400 million."

"Advocates for public education estimate that schools have lost close to $200 billion so far."

"The pandemic has already forced schools to fire nonunion employees, spending the money instead on remote learning technology, the retrofitting of buildings, testing and surveillance programs, and other coronavirus-related expenses. "

Here is an especially big part

"The fiscal crisis is looming at a time when families fed up with pandemic-era education have increasingly turned to private and charter schools or chosen to educate their children at home. That is potentially a major drain on public school budgets because most states base school funding at least in part on enrollment numbers."

"The school boards association estimated that as many as three million students — about 6 percent of the public school population — are not taking classes right now, and that number could grow."

This part is stuck in my head because in the ghetto schools did not generally care if kids skipped school. They cared to make sure the kids showed up for for a specific amount of time. The reason why is because they need them there for that amount of time so the school can list them as enrolled and that helps with their budget. After that kid puts in their time they no longer care if they came to school.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/us/public-schools-enrollment-stimulus.html

martin
USA
1/20/2022  9:45 AM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

What you listed is definitely a part of the equation as well. Money has and will always be tied with schools. During the first year of the pandemic when people wanted to have kids back in class ASAP there was a story that explained the money ties. I did not save it but I found a diff one that gives you an idea of why schools want in person learning so much.

"In Texas, the Austin public schools might lay off 200 people and still not fill the financial hole created by the coronavirus."

"in Los Angeles, the costs of virus testing, laptops and free meals for families have mounted to more than $400 million."

"Advocates for public education estimate that schools have lost close to $200 billion so far."

"The pandemic has already forced schools to fire nonunion employees, spending the money instead on remote learning technology, the retrofitting of buildings, testing and surveillance programs, and other coronavirus-related expenses. "

Here is an especially big part

"The fiscal crisis is looming at a time when families fed up with pandemic-era education have increasingly turned to private and charter schools or chosen to educate their children at home. That is potentially a major drain on public school budgets because most states base school funding at least in part on enrollment numbers."

"The school boards association estimated that as many as three million students — about 6 percent of the public school population — are not taking classes right now, and that number could grow."

This part is stuck in my head because in the ghetto schools did not generally care if kids skipped school. They cared to make sure the kids showed up for for a specific amount of time. The reason why is because they need them there for that amount of time so the school can list them as enrolled and that helps with their budget. After that kid puts in their time they no longer care if they came to school.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/us/public-schools-enrollment-stimulus.html

From that perspective, I 100% agree. I guess the general term "money" may have a lot of connotations and perspectives as it relates to this.

martin
USA
1/24/2022  12:04 PM
Looks like they are on their way

martin
USA
1/24/2022  12:13 PM

Clean
1/24/2022  1:34 PM
It's crazy how with each new more transmissible variant it cannibalizes the previous ones. Delta was the big dog for awhile and now with omicron it is near 0% of cases in Denmark. Amazing. How and why things like this happens is so interesting to me.
martin
USA
1/24/2022  2:32 PM
Clean wrote:It's crazy how with each new more transmissible variant it cannibalizes the previous ones. Delta was the big dog for awhile and now with omicron it is near 0% of cases in Denmark. Amazing. How and why things like this happens is so interesting to me.

It's a wild wild world we live in man.

Every once in a while when I'm in a grocery store I literally stare in amazement at folks wearing face masks around other people and for good reason. Like an opening to an apocalyptic movie where something horrid just happened and people are wearing masks to protect from the gas bombing they just endured.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2022  3:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2022  3:24 PM
Clean wrote:It's crazy how with each new more transmissible variant it cannibalizes the previous ones. Delta was the big dog for awhile and now with omicron it is near 0% of cases in Denmark. Amazing. How and why things like this happens is so interesting to me.

I’m prob gonna wear a mask in public from here on in. I hope that sometime in April the general population gets a break. Covid overload too much. I’ve personally taken 3 shots —-I don’t see me doing anymore unless something dramatic happens. I got booster but still got covid. So I have as much protection inside me as u can have. I never got a flu shot in my life but also haven’t had flu. We all have to go our own path after a long period of time. Mine will be wearing mask and being cognizant of social distance. But I maybe done with additional immunizations.

RIP Crushalot😞
OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy