[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitchell Robinson trade value
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/20/2020  10:20 AM
Nalod wrote:Article today is Rich Paul is now his 5th agent. This kid just turned 22 april 1st.
Signs with Western Kentucky, He does not stick.
Drops to 2nd round.

Does he take bad advice or make bad decisions.
We got a new agent filling him up with hot air and likely asking them to renegotiate his contract or when the time comes "or else".
Being objective this is a good kid who is also non committal? Impulsive? Does he become obssessed with his stats, status, and contract?
Ok if all the above as long as he performs his job. Sometimes its not the agent, but the player who does not do what the agent is imploring him to work on.
Trade value? If my scenario is valid then its not a secret. Knicks have no reason to short change this kid but we don't want to over pay for something that is not a valid talent either.
Mitch from what we see and read is still a great prospect. But if he has some deep seeded entitlement stature Im worried about it.

I don’t know about the agent switching but his leaving WKU was well documented. He committed there because his godfather was on the coaching staff. His godfather resigned prior to Robinson starting there. Robinson decide initially he would stick it out, practiced with the team and enrolled in summer courses. He changed his mind but because he has practiced and attended class becoming eligible to play at another school for that season was going to be very hard and there was a chance it wouldn’t happen. He decided to train for the draft instead.
In regards to agents, he is signed to a very team friendly deal. He may have had regrets. His most recent agent had one other client, Kenny Wooten. Signing with Paul was probably a good move. Guys do switch agents, especially when they are coming up on what could be a big contract. Remember Lin fired his agent to go with a big time firm before he got his poison pill deal.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2020  1:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Article today is Rich Paul is now his 5th agent. This kid just turned 22 april 1st.
Drops to 2nd round.

We got a new agent filling him up with hot air and likely asking them to renegotiate his contract or when the time comes "or else".
Being objective this is a good kid who is also non committal? Impulsive? Does he become obssessed with his stats, status, and contract?
Ok if all the above as long as he performs his job. Sometimes its not the agent, but the player who does not do what the agent is imploring him to work on.
Trade value? If my scenario is valid then its not a secret. Knicks have no reason to short change this kid but we don't want to over pay for something that is not a valid talent either.
Mitch from what we see and read is still a great prospect. But if he has some deep seeded entitlement stature Im worried about it.

I don’t know about the agent switching but his leaving WKU was well documented. He committed there because his godfather was on the coaching staff. His godfather resigned prior to Robinson starting there. Robinson decide initially he would stick it out, practiced with the team and enrolled in summer courses. He changed his mind but because he has practiced and attended class becoming eligible to play at another school for that season was going to be very hard and there was a chance it wouldn’t happen. He decided to train for the draft instead.
In regards to agents, he is signed to a very team friendly deal. He may have had regrets. His most recent agent had one other client, Kenny Wooten. Signing with Paul was probably a good move. Guys do switch agents, especially when they are coming up on what could be a big contract. Remember Lin fired his agent to go with a big time firm before he got his poison pill deal.

Why his godfather resign? Why he not stick it out? I get there are reasons but we don’t have any info as to why. If he was so well recruited why did he pick WKU? Was he so influenced by this Godfather but not aware of something? He resign because he was not factual on his resume? Might be his godfather but did he do the kid wrong by asking him to sign there? I guess so.
I like the kid, but 5 agents? He signed a team friendly deal because he did not have the leverage. These guys can be snakes stealing players away from other agents who might have done a good job. I like Mitch, but I’m asking questions before we max him out one day. KP off court personality and handlers created a situation not consistent with our best interests!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2020  1:18 PM
I’m not trading Robinson even if we get Wiseman. Robinson needs work to expand his game but u can’t teach what he already had. San Antonio won with two 7 footers. Boston won with two 7 footers. Pt can be staggered. I’m not opposed to trading Robinson but I’d have to be floored at the ask
RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/20/2020  1:46 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Drops to 2nd round.

Why his godfather resign? Why he not stick it out? I get there are reasons but we don’t have any info as to why. If he was so well recruited why did he pick WKU? Was he so influenced by this Godfather but not aware of something? He resign because he was not factual on his resume? Might be his godfather but did he do the kid wrong by asking him to sign there? I guess so.
I like the kid, but 5 agents? He signed a team friendly deal because he did not have the leverage. These guys can be snakes stealing players away from other agents who might have done a good job. I like Mitch, but I’m asking questions before we max him out one day. KP off court personality and handlers created a situation not consistent with our best interests!

His godfather is Shammond Williams. I don’t know why he left WKU. In regards to agents, I agree that 5 is a lot. The e caveat though, he is now with one of the most powerful agents in the league. Rich Paul is gonna my to have a lot more pull then the guy who only has one other client that is a two way player.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
4/20/2020  4:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I’m not trading Robinson even if we get Wiseman. Robinson needs work to expand his game but u can’t teach what he already had. San Antonio won with two 7 footers. Boston won with two 7 footers. Pt can be staggered. I’m not opposed to trading Robinson but I’d have to be floored at the ask

There’s no way I’d take wiseman over Robinson right now. Wiseman is a rim runner / protector at best and will take time to develop offensively at the pro level. I’d develop Robinson further rather than start fresh all over again? Cannot see Robinson and wiseman playing together in today’s NBA, small ball, pace and space era.

BRIGGS
4/20/2020  7:07 PM
Knickfury11 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I’m not trading Robinson even if we get Wiseman. Robinson needs work to expand his game but u can’t teach what he already had. San Antonio won with two 7 footers. Boston won with two 7 footers. Pt can be staggered. I’m not opposed to trading Robinson but I’d have to be floored at the ask

There’s no way I’d take wiseman over Robinson right now. Wiseman is a rim runner / protector at best and will take time to develop offensively at the pro level. I’d develop Robinson further rather than start fresh all over again? Cannot see Robinson and wiseman playing together in today’s NBA, small ball, pace and space era.

Wiseman is way ahead of Robinson today on the offensive end. But I’d like to focus on what you said. The great teams start the trends! We get pick 1-2-3 no way. I mean no way am I passing on wiseman. No way. Nuts. There is no Kobe in this draft. Wisemans the best prospect. You take the best

RIP Crushalot😞
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/20/2020  11:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2020  11:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickfury11 wrote:

Wiseman is way ahead of Robinson today on the offensive end. But I’d like to focus on what you said. The great teams start the trends! We get pick 1-2-3 no way. I mean no way am I passing on wiseman. No way. Nuts. There is no Kobe in this draft. Wisemans the best prospect. You take the best

IMO Ball is the best prospect FOR US. Wiseman might be a better prospect but we have need a true floor General for over ten years. Ball is a dynamic penetrator and shot creator and I think with experience his shooting percentages will increase and turnovers will decrease. This kid is better than his brother on the offensive end. I don’t think we can pass on Ball if we get a top 3 picks.

As far as Robinson, I would not trade him for anyone short of a superstar. I think this kid will be better that deandre Jordan in his prime is 1-2 more years and he might become the best defensive center in the league. You don’t trade a player with that potential unless you are getting a superstar in return.

Trust the Process
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/21/2020  5:57 AM

How much would you pay him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
4/21/2020  9:48 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

How much would you pay him

I’m not paying anyone here yet. Let me get pick 1-2-3 first. It’s our time for luck.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickfury11
United Kingdom
4/21/2020  12:15 PM
I see the appeal with wiseman I really do I just see Edwards the more pro ready athlete / potential to contribute immediately. Like you say to move Robinson the offer would have to be amazing! Imagine Robinson develops a low post passing game and he’s got RJ and Edwards on the wings?
Nalod
USA
4/21/2020  1:56 PM
Then you trade Robinson for even more than his current worth. Its awful to say but sometimes players are currency for another down the road. Sometimes you get chemistry with two players. Somewhere there was a move that Rockets decided to keep Hakeem and not Ralph Sampson and it lead to a championship directly or indirectly. Bigs take time to evolve. Take the best player available. Period.
If all rates the same then by position.
Formula: Need three studs. One by draft, one by trade, one by free agent. Keep enough to support them.
Its not hard to figure out. But its a MuthaPhucher to execute!!!
We have RJ and Mitch. We also have trade currency/fodder in the rest of our yoot, picks and cap space. Leon vs others is he comes with money in the bank. Last time we had that was when Isiah walked in the door.
Knickfury11
United Kingdom
4/21/2020  4:53 PM
I need to separate myself from emotional attachment to players that show our fan base some kinda talent and hope for the future. Become more ruthless...
Nalod
USA
4/22/2020  12:05 AM
Knickfury11 wrote:I need to separate myself from emotional attachment to players that show our fan base some kinda talent and hope for the future. Become more ruthless...

Fans dont’ have input. You can like whomever ever you want.
We all like mitch. But if wiseman is the shyt and you Mitch is great you got choices.

Knickfury11
United Kingdom
4/22/2020  11:05 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knickfury11 wrote:I need to separate myself from emotional attachment to players that show our fan base some kinda talent and hope for the future. Become more ruthless...

We all like mitch. But if wiseman is the shyt and you Mitch is great you got choices.

Yes of course, my frustration comes from having come so far in terms of establishing first choice starting caliber players that are at an age and have potential to develop even further, only to replace with another similar player at a rookie level.

I feel like Mitch still has plenty more to contribute with a developing game.

Nalod
USA
4/22/2020  12:56 PM
Knickfury11 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Yes of course, my frustration comes from having come so far in terms of establishing first choice starting caliber players that are at an age and have potential to develop even further, only to replace with another similar player at a rookie level.

Agree, I’m a homer to our rookies. Not so much Iggy because he has not played much NBA, but I’m rooting for Knox and Frank. Mitch and RJ are solid.

Knickfury11
United Kingdom
4/22/2020  2:53 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knickfury11 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Agree, I’m a homer to our rookies. Not so much Iggy because he has not played much NBA, but I’m rooting for Knox and Frank. Mitch and RJ are solid.

Agreed Mitch & RJ are promising pieces to build a new foundation. For me next year is Make or break for Frank. Fans can only be so patient. Pretty sure Knox is going to be moved as part of a “move” at some point.

ankurk
Member: #6075

4/29/2020  2:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2020  2:50 PM
might be a good time to revisit this

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_ars_9j4zr/

Send mitch packing if we get the change to take wiseman

get me anthony and wiseman

Mitchell Robinson trade value

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy