[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

nba live 2005 or ESPN Basketball 2k5
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/4/2004  3:35 AM
which yall like better? i got em both i cant decide... both hot as hell...

knicks are rated a 87 in live and have crawford starting
interesting
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/4/2004  8:34 AM
question: how does 2K5's graphics compare to Live? is the gameplay & speed more realistic in 2K5 or in Live?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
10/4/2004  9:54 AM
2K5's graphics are better than Live, and the gameplay and speed is also more realistic in 2K5.

The one thing I really don't like about Live is the ratings. For example, as Elite said, the Knicks have a rating of 87, while the Heat have a rating of 80. I'm glad the Knicks got a high rating in the game but it is just not realistic. The player ratings are also pretty bad, like Michael Redd has a low rating in shooting, Marcus Banks has a low rating in speed.

Both are good games in their own distinct way. 2K5 is really more for the serious basketball fan, while live is more for the casual fan. However, I definitely suggest to everyone that they buy both games (which is only $60 combined)).
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
10/4/2004  9:56 AM
I think the graphics are better in 2k5, but the gameplay is about the same (the dunk contest is awesome). I have both(yes I bought both) and I like live a little better...the rosters seem to be more realistic, having the correct 12th and 13th man....

I also think the dynasty mode is better in live.....I also noticed live is more realistic than it was in the past game wise....maybe not up to ESPN, but it is alot more realistic than the past. I like live better in everything but maybe simulataion, but I have only played each for a little...Ihave been trying to get my rosters str8, mostly....

[Edited by - joec32033 on 10/04/2004 09:59:21]
~You can't run from who you are.~
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/4/2004  9:59 AM
thanks for the reviews guys...i should be getting my Live today in the mail...can't wait.

btw, you can change the ratings for the players if you think they're not fair, correct? it shouldn't be that big of a deal to do that...i usually play around w/the ratings anyway.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
10/4/2004  10:00 AM
Posted by TMS:

thanks for the reviews guys...i should be getting my Live today in the mail...can't wait.

btw, you can change the ratings for the players if you think they're not fair, correct? it shouldn't be that big of a deal to do that...i usually play around w/the ratings anyway.

Yes, the sliders look alot different,but I think all the same rating titles (primacy, hardiness...) are still there.
~You can't run from who you are.~
s3231
USA
Posted by TMS:

Honestly, I'm not even sure. I'll check up on that.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
Posted by TMS:

s3231
USA
Posted by TMS:

s3231
USA
10/4/2004  10:02 AM
I like Live a little more than ESPN. ESPN is more realistic IMO, but I have more fun with Live because of the dunk contest and since they improved the franchise mode tremendously from last year. As I said before, both are good games and it's worth getting both of them.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

10/4/2004  1:02 PM
the dunks in live overall are waaaaaaay better than espn... next year espn needs some new dunk animations they been usin the same ones since 2k2
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/4/2004  2:44 PM
Man.....I hate that you guys say 2k5 is more realistic. What does that mean?

It's a video game. I would assume that both games are nothing like NBA Jam was with the ball burning and those touch the jumbo tron dunks.

I personally like a shootout that's why I haven't strayed from NBA Live yet. I've only played the first 2k and was not impressed.

My knock on Live is that the computer will make you miss wide open lay-ups yet the computer would make make three pointers or drives while being thriple teamed. Also they tend to soup up certain guys and tend to down grade others.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nba live 2005 or ESPN Basketball 2k5

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy