[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Leon Rose Will Be Fired In How Many Years?

Author Poll
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
Just wondering how delusional fans are about Rose actually succeeding under James Dolan.

Sorry if this seems negative, but as long as fans keep buying into the every 2, 3 years "We need your patience, here is a new shiny boss" con that James Dolan has been running for twenty years, then I feel the need to paste it.

One
Two
Three
More
View Results

Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/2/2020  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2020  3:39 PM
He will be giving a long enough leash to get Towns, Embiid, or Booker to NY. Unfortunately all are on new long-term deals but at least 1 or 2 will be moved within 3 years i bet.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2020  3:48 PM
it IS negative and you are basically trolling Knicks fans on a Knick fan site.

So how about we see when there is something to see? So far we have a written statement. In the mean time piss off

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
3/2/2020  6:15 PM
Doesn't mean we'll be good but he'll make 4 years. He's not a coach and I think he knows how to keep quiet.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/2/2020  6:30 PM
He hasn’t even hired or fired a soul yet. He didn’t even implement a dress code let alone make a trade or signing that alters the course of the franchise.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/2/2020  7:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2020  7:00 PM
I still believe in the slow build. Mitch has all star potential. If Barrett can get his jumper consistent then he will be at least a borderline all star. If we can get Ball in the draft then we should be in good shape to fill out the rest of the roster with our remaining draft picks. Gannis 2021!! That is all we need to turn into a contender.
Trust the Process
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/2/2020  7:09 PM
I'm more hoping he brokers a deal with Dolan and any potential buyer/s
ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2020  6:29 AM
Its assumed he’ll go after just his ex clients?
Media has little to go on so it makes those assumptions.
We assume the worst.
Frank’s single coverage on Westbrook on the last play was like he hit the winning shot himself. But somehow defense does not matter.
Knicks record is deserving of the doubt. We are tough Fans but very sensitive to place our trust. We called for Mills head and got it, but then since we have no starphuch exec with a track record to extrapolate on we go back.
What a great Home win against the rockets who took us for granted.
jazz74
Member: #371
3/4/2020  7:12 AM
3 years like pretty much everyone else not named zeke. I think like the others he will have a plan and then skew away from it because of pressure of dolan and media and try a risky move that will cost us dearly like the past couple of regimes. I would like to say that having bad luck for so long it would turn eventually but I don't see that.
Nalod
USA
3/4/2020  10:35 AM
I suppose until was taste success we will no be doubt ridden. Humans extrapolate the past and present into the future. Sports fans do the same.
Its not logic, its emotion.
In groups its seen as intelligent to predict doom and gloom and its seens as naïve to assume good.
The human race and capital markets survive the worst atrocities created by man and natural disasters. They are inevitable. ITs not intelligent, its real.
Its why we by insurance, why we take inoculations, "save for a rainy day" and lock our doors.
But we talking the same human emotions and apply it to sports and our entertainment. Its logical to assume the past will repeat itself, but in the great words of the philosopher "Screaming" A. Smith,

"I like hiring Rose, its gonna work, cuz it can't get any worse......Right???" LOL
I think that was the mantra with phil and Mills. Eventually something will work.

knicks1248
3/5/2020  8:35 AM
Donovan Mitchel on LEON ROSE

For me, understanding that you have to think with Leon coming in, who I know personally, I think things are going to trend upward,” he said. “I love Leon to death, he’s a great dude, great person, and a really good business man. So for him, I think things are going to start going in the right direction when he gets in there.

Never heard any player say that about any president we ever had.

I honestly have not heard a single negative thing about Leon, it's been 100% all good.

He actually may have the longest tenure since (god know;s who)

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/5/2020  8:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Donovan Mitchel on LEON ROSE

For me, understanding that you have to think with Leon coming in, who I know personally, I think things are going to trend upward,” he said. “I love Leon to death, he’s a great dude, great person, and a really good business man. So for him, I think things are going to start going in the right direction when he gets in there.

I honestly have not heard a single negative thing about Leon, it's been 100% all good.

The sense is also that he will be methodical in his approach. He is probably gonna be opposite of Isiah Thomas. Knowing how much you disapproaved of Mills and Perry for being conservative in trades. Would you be accepting of that approach by Rose?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
3/5/2020  8:52 AM
We need not seesaw back and forth from extremes which might stem from Dolan panic. Best of all worlds are a plan, execution and timeing based on where we are and the assets on hand when an opportunity presents itself. Easy to type this. Interesting read yesterday on how an agent knows the GM’s better than GM’s know each other.
knicks1248
3/5/2020  9:07 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

The sense is also that he will be methodical in his approach. He is probably gonna be opposite of Isiah Thomas. Knowing how much you disapproaved of Mills and Perry for being conservative in trades. Would you be accepting of that approach by Rose?

Mills and Perry Never had the reputation,connections, relationships with 30 GMs, negotiation skills, or experience to do the things that Leon has done.

They felt that because they were an all back FO with a likable coach, players would look at that has a +.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/5/2020  9:31 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Mills and Perry Never had the reputation,connections, relationships with 30 GMs, negotiation skills, or experience to do the things that Leon has done.

They felt that because they were an all back FO with a likable coach, players would look at that has a +.

So if Rose decides to take a methodical approach you would be cool with it?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
3/5/2020  10:22 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

So if Rose decides to take a methodical approach you would be cool with it?

Being methodical to me means making calculated moves, balancing your roster, getting guys that fit, weather that's a veteran, super star, young star, young role player, old role player.

The 2 best things about rose is that he knows how to make deals and people genuinely like him. I can add 10 other attributes that will help him succeed in his role, but his resume speaks for itself.

ES
Nalod
USA
3/5/2020  10:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

You realize the egregious offense when you say "They felt that because" as if you know? You don't know how they are perceived by the other 29 GMs. You don't know their connections, skills. Two men who are educated and risen to accomplish executive roles over a long time and you accuse them of "black privelidge" in terms that that because of their race in a league with majority of black athletes they felt entitled?
Are you even cognizant of how ignorant that comes off? Now, your entitled to your opinion, which itself can be judged but to stand that and imply THAT which you said as if you know is really some bad stuff.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/5/2020  3:12 PM
fishmike wrote:it IS negative and you are basically trolling Knicks fans on a Knick fan site.

So how about we see when there is something to see? So far we have a written statement. In the mean time piss off

It'd nit trolling if it's backed up with data. We fire people every two years.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/5/2020  3:18 PM
The question is if organization will be allowed to change from pure entertainment to pro basketball.
It was making a ton of money as it is. Can it make more as basketball centered organization? Not obvious...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
3/5/2020  3:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2020  3:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

You realize the egregious offense when you say "They felt that because" as if you know? You don't know how they are perceived by the other 29 GMs. You don't know their connections, skills. Two men who are educated and risen to accomplish executive roles over a long time and you accuse them of "black privelidge" in terms that that because of their race in a league with majority of black athletes they felt entitled?
Are you even cognizant of how ignorant that comes off? Now, your entitled to your opinion, which itself can be judged but to stand that and imply THAT which you said as if you know is really some bad stuff.

what are you living under a rock..damn dude do your freaking homework

https://nypost.com/2019/06/25/knicks-feel-their-black-front-office-helps-in-free-agency/

Knicks president Steve Mills indicated having a pioneering predominately black front office will help the team in the upcoming free agency.

“The African American front office, that doesn’t get lost on guys,” Mills said in an article published Tuesday on The Undefeated, which deals with race issues.

After getting the job when Phil Jackson got canned, Mills hired GM Scott Perry, who is black, and player developmental director Craig Robinson, the brother of Michelle Obama. Also hired after Jackson’s firing was director of player personnel Harold Ellis and college scouting director Gerald Madkins. Both are African American.

ES
Nalod
USA
3/24/2020  12:55 PM
I can understand Leon will hire guys he trusts and admires. He should. If he bring on players and coaches solely on his past affiliations as reported then he will fail. It get media has to write things and linking a coach to him is a natural.

First and foremost what is the plan? Then hire based on the job description. For all we know he has someone that blows him away and he could be a retread or has yet to head coach in the NBA. Because of his lackluster history I thought Joe Torre when hired to coach Yankees was a bad idea. I was wrong obviously.
I though Don Nelson when replaced Riles was a star phuch. It was, reason is he was not suited to the roster for what he wanted to do. We exiled him for all the wrong reasons!
Typical knicks,, good idea bad execution. Knicks were poised to be high octane team. not with Ewing. Pat was cooked by 1999 and improbable run to finals gives JVG big extension. That don’t happen Grunwald hires an uptempo coach.
Issue is not intention, its the execution. Let’s hope Leon has the room to be independent from Dolan long enough to succeed. If not, Dolan will likely interfere. He did with Phil and like Nellie wanted Ewing gone for the greater good Dolan sided with this star, he did similar with KP. Timing is everything and Dolan just seems to be on wrong side of the clock.

Leon Rose Will Be Fired In How Many Years?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy