[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2nd half goals
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/14/2020  1:00 PM
now that the second half will start after this weekend, what do you see as our second half goals? I think it is a crucial period for our future. here are my goal wish list in order of importance:

1.) develop rj barrett as our secondary or primary scorer- we have to know if barrett can handle being the primary scorer. put him in situations where he must be the man. same situation the hawks did last year with young who started the season not really well and ended it very strong. that's what I want for rj.

2.) continue developing robinson as the focal defensive anchor- this means starting him. we need to roll with him despite his foul problems. his minutes are gradually increasing but he must start to get better.

3.) start knox- this might get backlash since he hasn't done anything when he did get minutes. however he has show flashes of being a good scorer who can score at different levels. his defense is still suspect which is the reason he is on the bench. if anything, we need to see what we have before giving up on him. we need to know before this summer and we adjust accordingly. however, we have seen Kentucky players blossoming later and this could happen with knox.

AUTOADVERT
shinmen
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6029
France
2/14/2020  2:15 PM
I have the feeling that every time we played good games, it was mostly because of our defense. We don t have strong offensive players in a half court. I d really like a defense oriented lineup that is going to fuel our offense in transition with pour youngins. They are actually not bad in transition. Knox ans Smith jr could even gain a bit of confidence back.
GT2AM
Member: #8847

2/14/2020  2:29 PM
I agree with all three. I had hoped Miller would start Knox after they traded Morris. It's important that the lineups are a mix of veterans and young guys. The vets can give a different perspective to the young guys than the coaches. For instance it's more productive for Frant to throw an errant pass to Taj than to Knox. Taj can explain what went wrong to Frank in a way no coach can. If it's an all young lineup they won't be able to identify and self correct the mistakes. I think putting Knox in the starting lineup is important for this reason too. And having Bullock with the second unit helps balance that unit too. It would be Randle, Taj, Knox, Elfrid, and Barret. Then DSJ/Frank, Dotson, Mitch, Bullock and hopefully Harkless. (I really don't want to see Portis again. Ball hog with no future on our team and doesn't make anybody better at all.) Those 2 lineups are a mix of vets and young guys. Secong unit shound be pretty good defensively.

Mitch starting or coming off the bench doesn't really matter for his development. But there are times where he would get 2 very quick fouls and then be on the bench. If that happens in the first 2 minutes of the game his whole game is screwed and off, off rythym, hes on the bench then is playing more passively to try not to pick up more quick fouls. And then really everybody's game is screwed because you have to tap into the bench 2 minutes into the game and the first unit isn't playing with the guy they usually practice with.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2020  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2020  2:33 PM
shinmen wrote:I have the feeling that every time we played good games, it was mostly because of our defense. We don t have strong offensive players in a half court. I d really like a defense oriented lineup that is going to fuel our offense in transition with pour youngins. They are actually not bad in transition. Knox ans Smith jr could even gain a bit of confidence back.

The reason the offense is so bad is because it's poorly constructed with players who can't shoot and operate in the same space. We can continue to be a good defensive team, and adding shooting will help fix the offense, at least to make it average.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/14/2020  5:28 PM
jazz74 wrote:now that the second half will start after this weekend, what do you see as our second half goals? I think it is a crucial period for our future. here are my goal wish list in order of importance:

1.) develop rj barrett as our secondary or primary scorer- we have to know if barrett can handle being the primary scorer. put him in situations where he must be the man. same situation the hawks did last year with young who started the season not really well and ended it very strong. that's what I want for rj.

2.) continue developing robinson as the focal defensive anchor- this means starting him. we need to roll with him despite his foul problems. his minutes are gradually increasing but he must start to get better.

3.) start knox- this might get backlash since he hasn't done anything when he did get minutes. however he has show flashes of being a good scorer who can score at different levels. his defense is still suspect which is the reason he is on the bench. if anything, we need to see what we have before giving up on him. we need to know before this summer and we adjust accordingly. however, we have seen Kentucky players blossoming later and this could happen with knox.

I would love to see Knox playing with Payton. His minutes with DSJ are almost an automatic mulligan as far as his stats are concerned. I don't see the team moving Randle out of the starting rotation. I wouldn't mind seeing Randle start at the 5 with Knox at the 4. It also would be interesting to see Mitch get more minutes with Payton. Are you thinking Knox at the 3 with Randle and Mitch up front?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/14/2020  9:48 PM
they have to figure out if any of these players are worth keeping around.

I'd see about sending Knox down to the G League for 10-15 games. Let him clear his head with a slower set of athletes.

Is DSjr worth keeping? What about Frank?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2020  3:42 PM
franco12 wrote:they have to figure out if any of these players are worth keeping around.

I'd see about sending Knox down to the G League for 10-15 games. Let him clear his head with a slower set of athletes.

Is DSjr worth keeping? What about Frank?

Gotta guess they are doing that every minute of every day since they arrived on team

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jazz74
Member: #371
2/16/2020  11:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
jazz74 wrote:now that the second half will start after this weekend, what do you see as our second half goals? I think it is a crucial period for our future. here are my goal wish list in order of importance:

I would love to see Knox playing with Payton. His minutes with DSJ are almost an automatic mulligan as far as his stats are concerned. I don't see the team moving Randle out of the starting rotation. I wouldn't mind seeing Randle start at the 5 with Knox at the 4. It also would be interesting to see Mitch get more minutes with Payton. Are you thinking Knox at the 3 with Randle and Mitch up front?

my starting lineup would be:

pg- payton
sg- barrett
sf- knox
pf- randle
c- robinson

defense takes a hit but i want to see if knox can score like he did last year in december 2018. i think he is still in there. robinson needs to be our defensive anchor now. he cant do that on the bench.

fwk00
Member: #6048

2/17/2020  9:59 PM
What I would like is for the Knicks to trust Miller's judgment.

He may already be a goner - something I would be very unhappy with. If this season has informed us at all, the first piece of important information is that Miller is the right guy to coach the Knicks. He makes sense on many levels. If there is another roster shuffle, then Miller is the guy to organize and stabilize that initial year. Why hire a high-profile coach who will basically inherit what Miller has already shown competent in overcoming?

The other pieces of information is that DSJ needs to be cut. Stop wasting another second on this guy.

Know needs to earn his minutes just like Frankie, Trier, vets, and others. No free rides.

Limit Randle's minutes. With Harkless, Miller can experiment with smaller lineups.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/18/2020  7:53 AM
with all that's gone on over the last month, a lame duck coach and GM, a bunch of players that wont be back, its going to be hard to even watch this team.

That coaching job Mike Miller pulled against Detroit playing 13 guys (4 different line ups in the 4th qtr) was Fizdale all day. I felt like he sabotage the game on the strength of the comments by stout, he had been consistently playing 9 guys prior to that

ES
2nd half goals

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy