[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The reality of the knicks players buyout situation is these players don't want to give up any of there money.
Author Thread
houston20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8797

2/13/2020  3:52 PM
I know lot you guys want to buyout harkless,ellington, and portis but reality of the situation none of those guys want to give up any of there money. Moe harkless makes 11 million dollars this season does he want to give away couple million dollars away just to go in winning situation probably not because this last big contract i wouldn't give money back either just wait 2 months. Wayne ellington has 8 million dollars guaranteed this year and 1 million dollars next year that equals 9 million dollars he not giving back that money back because that is last big contract. The reason crazy bobby portis isn't going to buyout 15 million dollars this is his last big pay day nobody is going to pay him this summer and he knows it. The reason why knicks aren't doing buyout with trier is because he friends with durant, deandre jordan and kyrie irving he just walk across street and be with nets, so they rather have trier be unhappy then buy him out because who he know and what nets would do to release a player.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/13/2020  4:02 PM
why would they or should they?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
houston20
Member: #8797

2/13/2020  4:11 PM
fishmike wrote:why would they or should they?

I have been hearing lot of fans on podcast shows want these player get bought out but they shouldn't if i was player making type of money any of hearkless, ellington, or portis i not giving any money back.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/13/2020  4:31 PM
houston20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:why would they or should they?

I have been hearing lot of fans on podcast shows want these player get bought out but they shouldn't if i was player making type of money any of hearkless, ellington, or portis i not giving any money back.

Typically the give back is made up by whatever they get on the open market, or, the difference between the old contract and whatever new contract the players sign. In the end, it depends on how much their agents are hustling.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2020  4:13 AM
Team can pay the out full value. A for next year guarantee that is off the table. If they can get playing time elsewhere it could effect next years contract negotiations. Every player circumstances differ. Is the player a good guy, has he been disruptive? Is the player financially good? Where is he on career ladder? Portis is only 25.
If the teams wants his spot to open they can waive him but pay his full amount.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/14/2020  9:47 AM
I have also heard that and think it's ridiculous. these guys took one year deals, effectively, to come here. they came here to get as much money as possible and get their $1 million buyouts next year
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/15/2020  5:02 PM
Ask yourself, what advantage is there to the Knicks to buy these guys out? OK Dolan saves some money. Is he gonna make seat prices lower because the team has fewer players to pay? Hell no. So why botha?
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/19/2020  1:23 PM
Lakers interested in Harkless.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/19/2020  1:40 PM
Sambakick wrote:Lakers interested in Harkless.

Ha, I’d do that just to mess with the clips for (understandably) not sending us shamet

The reality of the knicks players buyout situation is these players don't want to give up any of there money.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy