Knicks needs over the next 2 years
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/2/2004  2:10 PM
#1 2 athletic frontcourt player who are 6-10+

#2 high quality 2G with athletiscm [have to plan for H20s end]

#3 back up PG with all around skills and size brewer barret norris arent suffecient]

#4 athletic SF with shooting ability[in case TT is gone]

my belief is we can get 2 guys out of the draft and 2-3 guys via FA+ or trade
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
10/2/2004  2:36 PM
As for the shooting guard, we already have him for the next 7 yrs, Jamal Crawford. Why do you think Isiah signed him for 7 yrs??? not to sit on the bench..

Also for the SF. position he's probably already here. The highly touted Trevor Ariza who stands 6'7, only 19 and will get better each yr.

Frontcourt Players: Sweentey who stands @ 6'8 will be the knicks regular PF. We just need that Big men up the middle standing near 7 feet. could it be Eddy Curry after the season???
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/2/2004  2:56 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

As for the shooting guard, we already have him for the next 7 yrs, Jamal Crawford. Why do you think Isiah signed him for 7 yrs??? not to sit on the bench..

Also for the SF. position he's probably already here. The highly touted Trevor Ariza who stands 6'7, only 19 and will get better each yr.

Frontcourt Players: Sweentey who stands @ 6'8 will be the knicks regular PF. We just need that Big men up the middle standing near 7 feet. could it be Eddy Curry after the season???

LOL. Lets just stand pat! didnt we make that mistake at the end of the 90's?

yes I know we have jamal for 7 years--thats great--but my plan over the next two years would be to find a G who can play high enough caliber to always have 3 solid G and also as I mentioned a high caliber back up PG who could step in if needed. We have to start planning now over the next 2 years for H2O- and the back up PG rotation of barret[maybe tyron lue if he tops out] brewer[ barleyCBA offensive talent]

we need to guys who are 6-10 plus to replace KT and VB both guys will be 34 and they need replacements in place

lastly while ariza has tremendous promise--we still need to plan as if TT might not be here--SF is a spot where you can find high caliber talent late in a draft.

2 years from now KT is 34 H2o will be 35-36 Baker will be 34 penny will be gone i dont expect the Pgs to be here we will hav no idea about TT no more getting old without having guys in place. thats how you keep a high caliber team without having to rebuild indiana has done a good job of this
RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
10/2/2004  3:12 PM
Yeah Indiana, the past few years, has always seemed to have guys that just needed minutes waiting to explode off their bench: bender, foster (well he's starting now), al harrington (traded.. but yeah), fred jones, etc etc

We need some of that bench firepower besides crawford.
http://allknicks.com
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/2/2004  3:53 PM
The Knicks also need a player who can command a double team in the post, as well as an ability to pass the ball out from the there.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/2/2004  3:57 PM
Posted by Rich:

The Knicks also need a player who can command a double team in the post, as well as an ability to pass the ball out from the there.

Hopefully TT will focus on his post game and he can be that player. (atleast until Sweets is rdy )
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
10/2/2004  4:02 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

LOL. Lets just stand pat! didnt we make that mistake at the end of the 90's?
It was a different regime back then in the 90's. This regime lead by Isiah signed a young talented 24 yr old. By the time Crawford's contract ends, he'll only be 31. Unlike the old regime who would just sign middle-aged players long term. Also, this regime is serious about winning a championship with surplus of young talented players.

yes I know we have jamal for 7 years--thats great--but my plan over the next two years would be to find a G who can play high enough caliber to always have 3 solid G and also as I mentioned a high caliber back up PG who could step in if needed. We have to start planning now over the next 2 years for H2O- and the back up PG rotation of barret[maybe tyron lue if he tops out] brewer[ barleyCBA offensive talent]
Well, if you look @ the roster, the good thing is several players on this team will have an expiring contract. PF/C Mohammed 27, PF)Sweetney 23, PG) Norris 32, PF)Baker 34, SF) Tim Thomas 28 and SF/SG Penney H, 33. That way, Zeke will have plenty of options to pursue bonifide frontcourt players, backup pg and just as you had said, another valuable G.

we need to guys who are 6-10 plus to replace KT and VB both guys will be 34 and they need replacements in place
lastly while ariza has tremendous promise--we still need to plan as if TT might not be here--SF is a spot where you can find high caliber talent late in a draft.

Just as i had previously said above, the good thing is TT will enter into an expiring contract after the season and will become an attractive asset. I'm sure if he plays well enough to boost his stock, Zeke might trade his contract for another bonifide small foward or in another type of trade acquiring a big men.

2 years from now KT is 34 H2o will be 35-36 Baker will be 34 penny will be gone i dont expect the Pgs to be here we will hav no idea about TT no more getting old without having guys in place. thats how you keep a high caliber team without having to rebuild indiana has done a good job of this

Pretty much if you look @ the team now, they've become more athelic,longer and younger. The knicks team age is averaging 27 yrs of age.. Zeke and the longtime GM of the pacers are the ones responsible for building that young pacer team. Zeke has a thing for creating a young talented team. he'll be doing the same with the knicks. This no longer are the regime of the 90's, it's a different mgmt outlook..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/2/2004  4:03 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

Yeah Indiana, the past few years, has always seemed to have guys that just needed minutes waiting to explode off their bench: bender, foster (well he's starting now), al harrington (traded.. but yeah), fred jones, etc etc

We need some of that bench firepower besides crawford.

Knicks bench is better than Indiana.
Let's say KT, TT, Nazr, Marbs and Crawford are the starters......they have Houston, Sweets, Vin, JYD, Moochie, Penny, Ariza, etc. on the bench.

I can't wait till this whole thing starts.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/2/2004  9:08 PM
#1 2 athletic frontcourt player who are 6-10+

this is the most pressing and most difficult to achieve. i think a player like dalembert could...could, put us into the top 10 level in the league.
#2 high quality 2G with athletiscm [have to plan for H20s end]

i disagree with this. i think h20 is good for us for the next five years. if he's good to go 20-25 mins a game, and since his game is based on his jumper, you have a 3 guard of marbury, crawford, and h20 for at least 5 years together.

#3 back up PG with all around skills and size brewer barret norris arent suffecient

crawford will provide that for long stretches but it is a need and can be addressed either via the MLE/LLE. since marbury AND crawford are young and younger, all we need is a cheap, solid veteran to backup (like porter with hardaway in miami).
#4 athletic SF with shooting ability[in case TT is gone]

we'll cross this bridge when we get to it...

the one thing that we still don't HAVE is a post player. we are ALL expecting sweetney to be that player, and i think he will be, but we don't have that yet. it could come this season, it may never come with him but that should be #2 for the time being.

we are pretty deep and the roster turnover has been pretty positive. we have QUALITY depth at the guards, and serviceable depth in the frontcourt (PF/C). our lack of depth, right now, is the backup SF.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/3/2004  8:12 AM
i think h20 is good for us for the next five years.

5 Years may be stretching it. The guy is 33 and just had knee surgery. I'll give him 3 years with a steady decline starting some time next year.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/4/2004  4:01 PM
Interesting thread.

I am probably not going out too far on a limb, but I think the next 2-3 years will probably set the stage for the next 7-10 years of what the Knicks will be like. The Knicks as a basketball team, the Knicks as an organization. The Knicks as a marketing machine. Kind of like the hiring of Riles. After that point, you could say the Knicks had a defined road map for the years following his hire - tough, half court, defensive team built around Ewing. They were going to live and die with that mantra, and they did. Years of playoffs, avid fans, big wins, big losses, sold out home games.

You have Moochie, Penny, TT, Anderson, Houston, JYD, Nazr, Baker all coming off the books. HUGE potential to set the direction of the team in the right direction for years. HUGE potential to seal the team's fate with some burdensome contracts. All in the hands of Isiah.

Wow, I wish him the best, as decision will add a lot of pain or pleasure to many of our hours over the next decade.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicks needs over the next 2 years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy