[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

it needs to keep it cool with andersen
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/3/2004  11:11 PM
If Knicks have a successfull season none of this matters. Winning solves EVERYTHING. Seems to be settling the odds the Giants have with there caoch. Who would have thought Kobe and Shaq disliked each other this much all it took was losing in the finals to make them explode.

As long as Knicks are successfull I don't really care who was disrespected they get paid Millions of dollars to play and coach basketball. So sorry if im not feeling alot of simpathy for them basketball is a buisness. When players are the ones who have controll respect seems to go out the window and dollars signs is whats most important. In this case winning is more important than respect. I also don't care how Knicks become successfull or who they step on to become successfull. Mutombo was traded to get us Crawford. If he was upset because he wanted to stay a Knicks sorry. Mutombo may be upset but Crawford seems to be happy. Dice was traded to land us Marbury if he felt disrespected because he didn't feel that Knicks gave him a fair shot well sorry. Dice maybe upset but Marbury seems to be happy.

As for Chaney. Zeke wasn't the one who created the fire Chaney chants. He also isn't the one ripping him in the paper. The only thing he really did wrong was wait to long to tell him he was fired. If Chaney felt disrespected sorry.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/3/2004  11:53 PM
what happens when the agents of past players who were dissed by Isiah are representing players that the Knicks could potentially be recruiting somewhere down the road? do you think it doesn't matter then?

again, it's not the feelings of Shandon Anderson or Don Chaney that i could give 2 sh!ts about here...it's the negative image put on the Knicks & the potential future repurcussions like i outlined above.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/03/2004 23:55:09]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
10/4/2004  12:46 AM
Posted by TMS:

what happens when the agents of past players who were dissed by Isiah are representing players that the Knicks could potentially be recruiting somewhere down the road? do you think it doesn't matter then?

again, it's not the feelings of Shandon Anderson or Don Chaney that i could give 2 sh!ts about here...it's the negative image put on the Knicks & the potential future repurcussions like i outlined above.

[Edited by - TMS on 10/03/2004 23:55:09]

Tell that to old Georgie over in the Bronx and I'll believe you.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
TMS
USA
10/4/2004  8:27 AM
any player who comes to the Bronx knows he has the best chance to win a WS ring & get paid the most money...please don't compare the Knicks & the Yankees...the situations are entirely different
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/4/2004  8:34 AM
All very good points to consider on this subjective matter.

Perhaps Isiah can handle some things a little better. Management should always rise above the petty things.

Professionalism starts at the top.

This is not the end of the world!

TMS
USA
10/4/2004  8:36 AM
yup, that's all i'm sayin.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/5/2004  3:16 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/29702.htm

ISIAH CAN'T LEAVE SHANDON STANDIN'

PETER VECSEY

October 5, 2004 --

CHARLESTON — If it's such a great honor to wear a New York uniform, as Isiah Thomas preached to Shandon Anderson last Friday through the media, how come he decided to retire when the Pistons traded him to the Knicks rather than try it on for size?

Through full fault of his own, Anderson couldn't be less coveted coming into this season. His concrete contract ($24 million for the next three years) and inconsequential contribution since arriving in New York virtually render him un-adoptable. Yet Thomas, by publicizing Anderson's insubordination (blowing off an end-of-the-year meeting with his boss) has managed to devalue him further.

As we all know, players disrespect executives and coaches all the time, but for the good of the franchise it's critical to keep such effrontery in house and deal with it accordingly.

After losing to the Pistons last season, Al Harrington (following the advise of double agent Andy Miller, who's somehow openly allowed to represent both NBA players and coaches) and Ron Artest left Indianapolis without meeting with either Donnie Walsh and/or Rick Carlisle.

The Pacers handled the players' impudence by fining each $5G. In light of Harrington's bad attitude and low decibel demand to be traded and desire to become a first offensive option elsewhere, Walsh deported him to Atlanta, the NBA's elephant burial ground where Al expects to find true happiness as the leading scorer for an isolated eyesore.

Astonishing no one, Thomas' approach to Anderson's insult was fractionally more flagrant. Galloping toward fights is his style, not walking away from them. It's almost commendable to take on a Michael Jordan, a Magic Johnson, a Larry Bird, an Adrian Dantley or a David Falk. Showing how tough you can be with a fringe player is alarmingly less quixotic, especially when you're hoping to solicit some kind of compensation for him.

When it became brutally apparent the Knicks were stuck with the tab, Thomas escalated the petty feud to extremes by ordering Anderson not to report to camp. That would've meant paying off the entire $24M. Although that command was quickly rescinded Thomas was still smoldering at last week's press conference.

Having been notified by agent Dan Fegan that his client will not agree to be placed on the injured list and having come to the realization it's impossible to unload Anderson, it appears Thomas figured he might as well unload on him.

Yes, Anderson's snub earned Thomas' contempt. Was Anderson's belated apology on Thomas' cell phone sincere? What do you think? Is Anderson vastly overpaid and appreciably extraneous? So what!

There's no way that their frivolous conflict should be spiraling into something remotely so distractingly controversial.

The longer it's allowed to fester, the more likely innocent bystanders will be suckered (on or off the record) into the skirmish; already I hear Kurt Thomas is repeating things to the media that Thomas confided to him regarding Shandon.

The longer Anderson remains a distraction, the harder it'll be for the Knicks to get down to the business of playing and thinking winning (dare we go that far?) team basketball. The longer Anderson remains a Knick, the easier it'll be for Thomas to undermine himself — his goals, influence, magnetism.

If I'm Thomas, I terminate this fiasco immediately. Without wasting another moment I get Fegan on the phone and arrange a buyout of Anderson's contract. Save as much face as possible by securing the best possible discount, but finalize the deal before today's first practice. Not so long ago, this might've been the worst-case scenario, now it's the only one.

If permitted to hang around this is what can happen: Back in the Knicks' prehistoric days ('91) a guy named Mark Jackson found himself in a somewhat similar situation.

Deemed an undesirable by Al Bianchi, the GM and coach John MacLeod belittled and humiliated their point god at practice one afternoon in front of his teammates. The scheme was to provoke Jackson into a fight in order to void his contract and get rid of him.

MacLeod was fired in May after that season. Bianchi was fired a couple months before in March.

TMS
USA
10/5/2004  9:41 AM
If it's such a great honor to wear a New York uniform, as Isiah Thomas preached to Shandon Anderson last Friday through the media, how come he decided to retire when the Pistons traded him to the Knicks rather than try it on for size?

other than that first sentence in his article, i agree w/the rest of Vescey's points...but i don't see how you can bring up Isiah's refusal to play for another team than the one he made his legend with to suggest it was a diss on the NY Knicks organization.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/5/2004  11:28 AM
Its amazing that people still want to defend Isiah here and say that he's done nothing wrong. Yeah, it's all Shandon and Isiah is just an innocent bystander in all of this. That must be some pretty strong Kool-Aid.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/5/2004  11:36 AM
Posted by islesfan:

Its amazing that people still want to defend Isiah here and say that he's done nothing wrong. Yeah, it's all Shandon and Isiah is just an innocent bystander in all of this. That must be some pretty strong Kool-Aid.

you're 100% right. there are WAY too many people that try to defend and justify EVERYTHING isiah as done especially in this case. it's all about objectivity. but you also are guilty of doing the exact same thing. not once have you mentioned a positive of something isiah has done and have pretty much 99% of the time find fault. hey, you're the devil's advocate but i just wanted to point it out to you.
islesfan
10/5/2004  11:49 AM
I'm negative when I said that the Knicks have improved to a 45 win caliber team? One that would be a first or second round playoff team? I said they've upgraded their talent level so how is that negative?

Why do people just read what they want to read instead of taking it all in.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/5/2004  11:55 AM
b/c I HATE YOU

45 wins sounds about right
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/5/2004  12:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

b/c I HATE YOU

45 wins sounds about right

Cmon Islesfan

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US
JOIN THE FAMILY... THE FAMILY
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/5/2004  2:36 PM
Every yr/month there are stories like this no matter who the coach, gm, owner, player is. This is what the NY media is known for. Its basically impossible to keep anything in closed doors in NY. The only way to make these stories seem small is to have a winning season.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/5/2004  3:13 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Read my post,nalod's post and you will see that your statement is not all true..

[Edited by - tkf on 10/05/2004 15:25:02]
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2004  3:29 PM
Drink it, it is good. You'll forget Tapscott, Laydog, you'll forget fatspoon, Eisley, and even Shandon. Even if he plays.

Drink the sweet and tasty drink. Refreshes what ail's you.

Be one of us, why fight. you will be one of us. You will be loved. Join the group. why fight, you must be so tired, so tired, so sleepy. Would it not be so easy to just take a sip and everything you hate will turn to love, peacefull feelings, and the love from "THE Father". THE FAther will love you too! He will buy out your hate, he will trade your hate, and he will do so with the creaters money.

The father does not care how much it costs, just that there is love!

The creater has endless money! Endless money means THE Father can do anything he wants.

There you go, just a sip! Join us, it is good, THE father is good, and the Creater is all knowing, all spending, and will buy your love.

toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/5/2004  4:11 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Drink it, it is good. You'll forget Tapscott, Laydog, you'll forget fatspoon, Eisley, and even Shandon. Even if he plays.

Be one of us, why fight. you will be one of us. You will be loved. Join the group. why fight, you must be so tired, so tired, so sleepy. Would it not be so easy to just take a sip and everything you hate will turn to love, peacefull feelings, and the love from "THE Father". THE FAther will love you too! He will buy out your hate, he will trade your hate, and he will do so with the creaters money.

The creater has endless money! Endless money means THE Father can do anything he wants.

There you go, just a sip! Join us, it is good, THE father is good, and the Creater is all knowing, all spending, and will buy your love.

Sometimes I read your posts Nalod and I think instead of drinking the Kool Aid, you smoke that wacky tabacky.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
islesfan
10/5/2004  4:28 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Must not drink... but the Kool-Aid looks so cool and refreshing...no, stay away from it... but I'm so thirsty for anything after the last few years of Layden... don't do it, just because it's not Layden's drink doesn't mean that it's going to taste any better...drink it and be an enabler where everything is tainted blue and orange...can't do it, I must not lose all objectivity. Ahhhh, Hatorade, the drink of champions.

tkf, I didn't mean to suggest that everybody was defending the indefensible Isiah here. Just shocked that even a few seem to think that Isiah is some kind of innocent bystander in all of this.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/5/2004  4:54 PM
Posted by islesfan:

tkf, I didn't mean to suggest that everybody was defending the indefensible Isiah here. Just shocked that even a few seem to think that Isiah is some kind of innocent bystander in all of this.

i would never say innocent bystander. But I would say it's a much smaller deal than a lot of people are making it out to be. Whatever their differences were last year, Shandon got a major chance to shine in the playoffs last year. He wasn't benched out of spite. He wan't held out from helping the team if he had been able to. WHatever has happened between he and Isiah has led to real bad feelings on both sides, yes better to keep it quiet when possible, but when not it's not the end of the world nor do i think it's going to harm this team. Shandon would be at best 11th man this year, nothing camae out till every chance at trading him had been exhausted. I'll tell you what - once the season starts if the Knicks get off strong, do you think a single person is going to post, "Yeah but before we celebrate anything remember what Isiah did to Shandon . . ."
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/5/2004  6:00 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by islesfan:

i would never say innocent bystander. But I would say it's a much smaller deal than a lot of people are making it out to be. Whatever their differences were last year, Shandon got a major chance to shine in the playoffs last year. He wasn't benched out of spite. He wan't held out from helping the team if he had been able to. WHatever has happened between he and Isiah has led to real bad feelings on both sides, yes better to keep it quiet when possible, but when not it's not the end of the world nor do i think it's going to harm this team. Shandon would be at best 11th man this year, nothing camae out till every chance at trading him had been exhausted. I'll tell you what - once the season starts if the Knicks get off strong, do you think a single person is going to post, "Yeah but before we celebrate anything remember what Isiah did to Shandon . . ."
Good post. Ideally Isiah and Shandon would have kept this quiet, but what really matters to me is what happens on the basketball court.
it needs to keep it cool with andersen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy