[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

it needs to keep it cool with andersen
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
10/2/2004  1:49 PM
good post woodman. anderson is not even a problem child but gets treated like one.....wow!....nice sensitivity

better yet, zeke is finally in agreement with every knick forum worldwide....popular vote says

now you wonder why ricky davis may not play in orange & blue
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/2/2004  2:04 PM
Posted by Bobby:

good post woodman. anderson is not even a problem child but gets treated like one.....wow!....nice sensitivity

better yet, zeke is finally in agreement with every knick forum worldwide....popular vote says

now you wonder why ricky davis may not play in orange & blue
Ricky Davis is the last player we need
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/2/2004  2:18 PM
Hey anyone who followed Isiah's playing days knows he has a pissy side to his personality. He and Laimbeer could be big-time obnoxious - they were a natural pairing. Remember leaving the court early rather than acknowledging the Bulls' victory? Remember IT engineering the freeze-out of MJ in the All-Star game (deny it all you want Isiah, EVERYONE claimed it was true). And now that side of his personality has come out with Chaney, Mcdyess, Mutombo, Anderson. Isiahs's an intense and passionate man. The other side of this is his intense bonding and dedication to people he believes in and connects with (Aguirre, Stoudamire, Tinsley, J. O'Neal, Stephon, Lenny, Crawford). That's why TT had no problem getting back in his favor, he's Isiah's guy. It's not a perfect personal or professional style but I like it. He's a passionate intense guy, and he's either going to be totally with someone or want nothing to do with him. And he's a tough character too - can you imagine lasting 2 years with Bobby Knight? Barkely couldn't make it through one Olympic tryout.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/2/2004  5:10 PM
I will not criticize Isiah for doing what he is doing. Anderson IMO is worthless. He gaveup on our team once Isiah and Lenny arrived, and believe it or not, they have all noticed it.
The true Knickabocker..........
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
10/2/2004  6:30 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

This does need to be kept confidental... Shandon isn't a bad guy. Isiah's coming out saying that Anderson is unprofessional and had disrespected some members of mgmt..

Well, Wilkens and Isiah disrepected him when they chose not to play him in his hometown(Atlanta) ending the current longest playing streak in the NBA.

Also, Wilkens accused Anderson of not following instructions issuing him to foul during the last seconds of the Knicks vs. Bulls game last season.
Several team members including Stephon has stated Wilkens did not tell anyone to foul. I really believed Shandons getting blackballed with Knicks Mgmt. Right before the end of the season, Shandon saw Isiah in the hallways but didn't say hello. Thats Good!!! What was he suppose to do, kiss Isiah's ***...
WOODMAN, i'm not defending the dnp, but if you saw your boss in the hallway and you were "mad at him" would you say good morning or what's up or whatever? i think you would. even a "hey" would be sufficient.

as for the foul, why would he say he told him to foul if he did'nt? maybe nobody else heard it, maybe he pulled him to the side, maybe he gave him a sign...regardless, nomatter how much or little you get paid, you gotta acknowledge your boss.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
10/2/2004  9:49 PM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

This does need to be kept confidental... Shandon isn't a bad guy. Isiah's coming out saying that Anderson is unprofessional and had disrespected some members of mgmt..

Well, Wilkens and Isiah disrepected him when they chose not to play him in his hometown(Atlanta) ending the current longest playing streak in the NBA.

Also, Wilkens accused Anderson of not following instructions issuing him to foul during the last seconds of the Knicks vs. Bulls game last season.
Several team members including Stephon has stated Wilkens did not tell anyone to foul. I really believed Shandons getting blackballed with Knicks Mgmt. Right before the end of the season, Shandon saw Isiah in the hallways but didn't say hello. Thats Good!!! What was he suppose to do, kiss Isiah's ***...
WOODMAN, i'm not defending the dnp, but if you saw your boss in the hallway and you were "mad at him" would you say good morning or what's up or whatever? i think you would. even a "hey" would be sufficient.

as for the foul, why would he say he told him to foul if he did'nt? maybe nobody else heard it, maybe he pulled him to the side, maybe he gave him a sign...regardless, nomatter how much or little you get paid, you gotta acknowledge your boss.
There's nothing wrong saying hello to your boss but if he disrespects you in any type of way or think little of you, THERE IS NO WAY I'D SAY HELLO or whats up.

f@#K THAT!!! WHY should someone kiss butt to their boss when there is no respect being shown... NO WAY JOSE, not me!! I got pride and dignity!!!! Wilkins and Zeke is trying to screw the dude over. I could understand if he was a headcase or something but there should be no reason for them to treat Shandon like that.

All he does is accepts his role and not complain. Zeke thinks he should be given respect but don't want to give respect to others ...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
10/2/2004  9:49 PM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

There's nothing wrong saying hello to your boss but if he disrespects you in any type of way or think little of you, THERE IS NO WAY I'D SAY HELLO or whats up.

f@#K THAT!!! WHY should someone kiss butt to their boss when there is no respect being shown... NO WAY JOSE, not me!! I got pride and dignity!!!! Wilkins and Zeke is trying to screw the dude over. I could understand if he was a headcase or something but there should be no reason for them to treat Shandon like that.

All he does is accepts his role and not complain. Zeke thinks he should be given respect but don't want to give respect to others ...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/2/2004  10:53 PM
Isiah does have a pissy side to him.

He is not handling this well. He will make mistakes, has make mistakes and needs to get better at this.

Management should always try to take the high road and be the "bigger person" even when it not easy. Dropping the streak in his hometown was spiteful and a power play.

THis is what happens when we starphuch and try to undo it. Shandons contract was traded for glen rice and we had a big problem with all that post ewing crap. Laydog was handed a bad card with that one.

Very few GMs have had the power serge that Isiah was given to make so many deals, and spend the kind of money. He is succesful because he is arrogant and self confident. He also also failed in some things because of those traits. I can live with it.

This is Isiahs team now, and if he does not turn this thing right, he is gonna have it crash big around him!

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/3/2004  1:05 AM
This is yet another example of the real Isiah. From the MJ freeze out to leading his team off the court before the ECF's were over like little babies, to the way he's treated people leaving the Knicks over the past 8 months. There's a right way and a wrong way to handle yourself like a professional and Isiah has time and time again take the wrong and easy way. Unless he has something to gain, like latching himself to the team's star player, his true colors will come out.

Isiah is a two faced, egomaniacal SOB who would turn on a person the second he realizes he can't use them anymore. But I hear he makes some damn good Kool-Aid.

According to a source, Thomas became infuriated with Anderson last season when the veteran swingman refused to acknowledge him in a hallway outside the Knicks' locker room.

For some reason I'm really starting to like Shandon.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/3/2004  11:26 AM
i could care less if Isiah walked up to Shandon & his agent & spit in their faces or vice versa, as long as it was done privately...i just don't like all this being played out in the papers, cuz it in no way helps our cause in trying to trade him...the fact that Isiah & Shandon don't like or respect each other doesn't phaze me 1 bit...Shandon can't get out of town fast enough for me as far as i'm concerned...but this all just amounts to negative publicity for our organization, which is never a good thing.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/3/2004  11:36 AM
Posted by TMS:

i could care less if Isiah walked up to Shandon & his agent & spit in their faces or vice versa, as long as it was done privately...i just don't like all this being played out in the papers, cuz it in no way helps our cause in trying to trade him...the fact that Isiah & Shandon don't like or respect each other doesn't phaze me 1 bit...Shandon can't get out of town fast enough for me as far as i'm concerned...but this all just amounts to negative publicity for our organization, which is never a good thing.

What's the net result of that though? Is there really a player or agent or general manager who's not going to want to deal with the knicks because of this negative publicity? I don't think so. If anything I appreciate the absence of hypocrisy about things, and I think any hard-edged player that we'd be interested in coming here would feel the same.
TMS
USA
10/3/2004  11:44 AM
if you want to get a divorce from your wife, it doesn't help you to go out in public talking about how much of a bitch she is & how you can't stand being with her, etc., etc...that only makes you look like a fool & certainly doesn't help you attract another woman into your life.

keep things inhouse, that's all i'm saying...whatever they say or do to each other behind closed doors is of no concern to me...as long as they don't air out all their dirty laundry to the public, they'll be better off.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/3/2004  11:46 AM
keep things inhouse, that's all i'm saying...whatever they say or do to each other behind closed doors is of no concern to me...as long as they don't air out all their dirty laundry to the public, they'll be better off.

Clinton situation all over again.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/3/2004  1:49 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Clinton situation all over again.

Vince Foster!
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/3/2004  7:34 PM
Like I wrote a few months ago,most of us knew that Isiah was an SOB.If getting to the next level means that he is also going to step on guys who are overpaid and doing nothing for the team like Chaney and Anderson then so be it.Yes,it would be better if he handled it differently but this is the tradeoff we got we IT came here.

Its not like Im going to lose any sleep about those scrubs being embarassed by Isiah for stinking up the Garden anyway.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/3/2004  7:46 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Like I wrote a few months ago,most of us knew that Isiah was an SOB.If getting to the next level means that he is also going to step on guys who are overpaid and doing nothing for the team like Chaney and Anderson then so be it.Yes,it would be better if he handled it differently but this is the tradeoff we got we IT came here.

Its not like Im going to lose any sleep about those scrubs being embarassed by Isiah for stinking up the Garden anyway.

I love that atmosphere though.

If you work hard and respect your teammates/management, Isiah is your best friend. If you slack off and disrespect everyone, he is making your life a living hell.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2004  8:19 PM
Isiah can be very nasty if you get on his bad side. It's not something that bothers me, though, because the important Knicks who are part of the team's future all seem to be on his good side (from what we know at least). And I just want Isiah to bring a winning team here.
TMS
USA
10/3/2004  9:19 PM
i do too...i just don't think this team needs the negative publicity...we want players to want to come to NY & stay here...not think that our GM likes to air things out in the media & ruin their reps if they get on his bad side.

you can easily create an atmosphere where the players know that they need to buy into the system & give their all out effort w/o going this route...a little discretion never hurts...& it's never good to burn bridges w/agents who handle other players as well...we're not only dealing w/the ego of Shandon Anderson here...if Isiah pisses of his agent, it might negatively effect future dealings w/his other clients down the road.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/3/2004  10:44 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

If you work hard and respect your teammates/management, Isiah is your best friend. If you slack off and disrespect everyone, he is making your life a living hell.

McDyess, Mutombo and Chaney all worked hard and respected the team and management, so why did they feel like Isiah treated them like crap? And no, I'm not arguing that those 3 should still be here, just the way they were treated.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/3/2004  11:05 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by MaTT4281:

McDyess, Mutombo and Chaney all worked hard and respected the team and management, so why did they feel like Isiah treated them like crap? And no, I'm not arguing that those 3 should still be here, just the way they were treated.

Dice was upset because he got traded before he could prove that he could make a difference.Isiah knew that dice had blown out his knee twice and was pushing 30.Trading him in part got us Marbury.Mutombo was a hard worker but who didnt he complain about? He complained about PT with the Nets he complained about PT with the Knicks,he complained about being traded.Chaney was one of the worst coaches in the NBA but got several extensions,yes he could have been dealt with better this is the same guy who complained about players giving up and also saying that he was looking forward to Knicks making some deals,in fact giving up on them.

Its one thing not to drink Isiah's kool aid its another to piss in everyone's cheerios.You can have mine,thankyou.
it needs to keep it cool with andersen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy