[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

it needs to keep it cool with andersen
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/1/2004  11:25 PM
its not classy to do what he did publicly

hes done a good job, but this is something we dont need in public along with anymore KT trade leaks[it doesnt make sense to give someone 27Mm+ a trade kicker if you dont want him]

payoff andersen--we dont need the distraction. Give him something like 20mm and save 4. It's better than the position we could have to put up with here--save the 4mm cut losses no more public displays and lets keep the KT stuff inside as well

imho:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/1/2004  11:33 PM
I understand your point, but it's evidently gotten personal. Shandon has to decide how much money he is willing to give up for not being put on ice for three years. My guess is that the buyout figure will be something like $15 million.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
10/1/2004  11:55 PM
i agree BRIGGS...it serves the Knicks no good to take these matters public like this...it only decreases these guys' trade values even more...if you want to get rid of them, it doesn't help by letting everyone know just how badly you want to get rid of them.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/2/2004  12:03 AM
yeah, I am down with this thread. Anderson v Isiah needs to be kept in house.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
10/2/2004  12:12 AM
To me all that is being done is the same thing that was being done with Sprewell after he missed that practice and skipped the meeting after the season. They banished him from the team as well. That didn't hender us from trading Spree. Lots of organizations take extreme measures with players who skip manditory events with the team. But at the end of the day the actual players and organization leaders don't speak to the media about most of the time. NOT ALL OF THE TIME. But in some cases, like this one, these stories leak (e.i. Anderson asked not to report right away) and the the media does their best to fill in all the blanks. That's all that is.

As far as trade attempts for Kurt to not be leaked...that's impossible. Unless the teams that we're speaking to are down with the program people will talk. It's as simple as that. Reporters have clever ways of getting those "one western conference GM says that".
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
BRIGGS
10/2/2004  12:21 AM
sprewell is close to all star caliber level andersen is pure back up. this is nothing alike. sprewell is worth atleast close to his contract--andersen is worth MILLIONS less. as for the buyout at 15--i would NEVER take that if im andersen--id take 19 at a minimum-- and that STILL saves the knicks 5mm over 3 years. thats reasonable amount for andersen to recoup 9mm? way to much.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/2/2004  12:26 AM
also think about the players association. what has shanden done so wrong that isiah is lambasting him and telling him not to come to work? because he hurt his little fellings by not saying hi or going to the exit interview? isiah is way off base here. andersen has been a model citizen and a warrior in terms of not getting hurt never causing problems etc... pay him off reasonable deal and get it over with before we start camp. keeping him at this point doesnt make sense.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/2/2004  12:30 AM
Posted by TMS:

i agree BRIGGS...it serves the Knicks no good to take these matters public like this...it only decreases these guys' trade values even more...if you want to get rid of them, it doesn't help by letting everyone know just how badly you want to get rid of them.
Isiah strikes me as the kind of person who would have thought about this beforehand

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 10/02/2004 00:44:47]
Rich
USA
10/2/2004  12:51 AM
The only Players' Association that has any power is in MLB. The NBA Players' Association is toothless.

TheloniusMonk
USA
10/2/2004  12:57 AM
quote: sprewell is close to all star caliber level andersen is pure back up. this is nothing alike :quote

A player under contract is a player under contract. Period!!! Allen Iverson has been banished from the team before as well. So yes, it is the same exact thing.

quote: what has shanden done so wrong that isiah is lambasting him and telling him not to come to work? because he hurt his little fellings by not saying hi or going to the exit interview? :quote

How about quitting on the team like he did after getting a DNP? How about claiming to have a migrain when everyone knows you're upset so you quit. How about averaging 4 points in damn near 30 minutes in the playoffs? Killed us!!! Has Shandon ever averaged so low in the playoffs? No. In a season? No. This should tell you something about his passion to still want to play for New York. Skipping the exit meeting was just icing on the cake. What does that tell you?

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/2/2004  1:58 AM
Can someone explain to me how this has gone public? It's in the newspapers, but has IT said anything himself? It was a "Source" and IT even said he's not buying out Anderson.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TheloniusMonk
USA
10/2/2004  2:13 AM
What became public was that Shandon and the Knicks are on the outs. It was "reported" by the ever so dependable Post (that was a joke) that Shandon doesn't think New York is a good fit for him. He wants to be traded based on that and the fact that he's upset about almost being traded this offseason. So he was given the option to not report to camp as the Knicks are trying to work something out as far as putting him out of his misery. Take all of this with a grain of salt. I'm just letting you know what's out there. For all I know this could all be wash. I don't think we (or reporters) know the half about this situation.

How often do people tell Marc Berman and Frank Isola the truth anyway? Hell, according to Isola, Czar was officially the new coach for the New York Knicks last season. The article was complete with a picture of Czar and story of how it all went down etc. So go figure.
Rich
USA
10/2/2004  2:20 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Can someone explain to me how this has gone public? It's in the newspapers, but has IT said anything himself? It was a "Source" and IT even said he's not buying out Anderson.

Commenting on the possibility of a buyout is a public comment, in contrast to saying "no comment." Isiah has previously said there are times that he will have to lie to the media to further the team's interests (for which I'm not knocking him). He didn't do that.

[Edited by - Rich on 10/02/2004 02:51:11]
Rich
USA
10/2/2004  2:21 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

quote: sprewell is close to all star caliber level andersen is pure back up. this is nothing alike :quote

A player under contract is a player under contract. Period!!! Allen Iverson has been banished from the team before as well. So yes, it is the same exact thing.

quote: what has shanden done so wrong that isiah is lambasting him and telling him not to come to work? because he hurt his little fellings by not saying hi or going to the exit interview? :quote

How about quitting on the team like he did after getting a DNP? How about claiming to have a migrain when everyone knows you're upset so you quit. How about averaging 4 points in damn near 30 minutes in the playoffs? Killed us!!! Has Shandon ever averaged so low in the playoffs? No. In a season? No. This should tell you something about his passion to still want to play for New York. Skipping the exit meeting was just icing on the cake. What does that tell you?

OTOH, it's not uncommon for stars to receive preferential treatment.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/2/2004  2:22 AM
its not classy to do what he did publicly

and just to confirm, in his history in the basketball business, Isiah is not exactly known as a classy guy to begin with, b/c of the whole CBA thing, and how he handled Don Chaney, ect, ect...

I don't even look at that though. I just want to see the Knicks win again.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Rich
USA
10/2/2004  2:57 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/29567.htm

Thomas revealed yesterday Shandon Anderson wants to be traded, but his threat of having him not report to camp never materialized. Anderson reported yesterday and took his physical but is on the outs, as he's been all summer since Thomas nearly shipped him to Chicago in the Crawford deal.

"He doesn't think it's a good fit for him," Thomas said. "Shandon's welcome to come to camp. I wouldn't say it's settled. He's welcome. It's an absolute privilege for any player to wear New York across his jersey."

Thomas considers Anderson an attitude problem, galling considering his obscene salary/lack of production.

"You know I've tried to trade him and I'll continue to try to trade him," Thomas said.
Rich
USA
10/2/2004  5:36 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/237793p-204098c.html

Isiah lets his guard down on Shandon

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Shandon Anderson reported for work yesterday and will remain with the Knicks - and in limbo - for as long as it takes Isiah Thomas to trade or cut him.

The latter is the more realistic option, even though Anderson is scheduled to make $24 million over the final three years of his contract, including $7.3 million this season.

Thomas, the Knicks' president, confirmed yesterday that Anderson's days in New York are numbered. Thomas said on Thursday that he will not offer Anderson a buyout.

However, a person familiar with the club's thinking said the Knicks have had internal discussions about reaching a settlement with Anderson, who has almost no chance of playing for the Knicks.

"I've tried to trade him and I will continue to try and trade him," Thomas told reporters yesterday at the Knicks' training facility in Greenburgh. "If I would have been lucky it would have (already) happened.

"He doesn't feel we're a good fit for him. It's a new organization. Either you're going to get on board with the way we're doing things or you can go someplace else where people are doing the things the way you like it."

After first advising Anderson not to report - a move that could have led to an ugly fight between the Knicks and the NBA players' union - Thomas changed his position after speaking with Anderson's agent, Dan Fegan. Anderson took his physical yesterday and is scheduled to accompany the team to Charleston, S.C., on Monday.

"The rules are the rules," Thomas said. "And we have to follow the rules."

Thomas and Anderson have been at odds almost from the moment Thomas replaced Scott Layden last December. Thomas has made it clear he has no use for Anderson as a player or a person.

According to a source, Thomas became infuriated with Anderson last season when the veteran swingman refused to acknowledge him in a hallway outside the Knicks' locker room. Anderson also fell out of favor with coach Lenny Wilkens and decided not to attend his exit interview with Thomas and Wilkens last April.

Anderson then left a telephone message for Thomas, apologizing for his actions. The two have not spoken in five months.

Thomas hinted that Anderson had acted unprofessionally on several other occasions.

However, many former coaches and teammates regard Anderson as a true professional who always plays hard and point to his consecutive games streak to support their argument.

Anderson played in 543 straight games - the longest such streak in the league at the time - until Wilkens elected not to play Anderson in a game in Atlanta, Anderson's hometown.

Originally published on October 2, 2004

tkf
Member: #87
10/2/2004  8:52 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

I agree wity you, plus how much can Anderson's value decrease? I mean the guy sucks, period... Anderson is the one publicly whining.. I do agree with solving the issue quickly and getting rid of this albatross...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
10/2/2004  1:17 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

I agree wity you, plus how much can Anderson's value decrease? I mean the guy sucks, period... Anderson is the one publicly whining.. I do agree with solving the issue quickly and getting rid of this albatross...

I agree as well and Id also add that he asked to have his contract bought out after the DNP.If he was within a game of breaking the record for games played I would understand his frustration but part of that streak was a gift,he sucked long before it ended.The fact that he didnt do the same thing to TT after last year's playoffs shows to me that he can overlook someone fing up but he wont overlook someone fing up and disrespecting him.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
10/2/2004  1:29 PM
This does need to be kept confidental... Shandon isn't a bad guy. Isiah's coming out saying that Anderson is unprofessional and had disrespected some members of mgmt..

Well, Wilkens and Isiah disrepected him when they chose not to play him in his hometown(Atlanta) ending the current longest playing streak in the NBA.

Also, Wilkens accused Anderson of not following instructions issuing him to foul during the last seconds of the Knicks vs. Bulls game last season.
Several team members including Stephon has stated Wilkens did not tell anyone to foul. I really believed Shandons getting blackballed with Knicks Mgmt. Right before the end of the season, Shandon saw Isiah in the hallways but didn't say hello. Thats Good!!! What was he suppose to do, kiss Isiah's ***...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
it needs to keep it cool with andersen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy