[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/4/2020  1:26 PM
wargames wrote:
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

Haliburton played a great game. I really hope we can draft this kid. Him and frank in the back court will give teams fits..... Plus his shot might not be pretty but jeez can he shoot that 3 ball.

Haliburton: 23 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists
Lewis: 8 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds

Love Haliburtons size, and decision making. Good spot up shooter as well. A backcourt of Haliburton and Frank will work in spurts, but on the offensive end, neither of them put much pressure on the defense. Haliburton will excel playing along side spot up shooters and scoring slashers.

RJ is a scoring slasher/downhill SG and can shoot the three when his feet are set

Mitch is a PnR big

I legit think the plan is to get Wood for his outside shot at PF

We would have a hole at SF maybe we keep Bullock for that or draft someone with that Clips pick. 2021 has a great SF draft class so we could hopefully pick that player then, or go for a FA Small Forward

You get a HC like Thibs and I like their odds as they mature.

You could go for:

PG- sign VanFleet
SG- Haliburton
SF- RJ

C- Mitch

or, My personal favorite (and I know I keep saying this!), sign Joe Harris and Davis Bertans and sort out our three point shooting woes, once and for all. It gives you two elite three point shooters (the opportunity to do this is in one offseason is very rare), which really helps out our young players development- whatever PG we draft can pass to them and RJ finally gets spacing. Joe Harris can play SG and SF, and Betrans can play SF and PF. So you could go:

PG- Haliburton
SG- RJ/ Harris
SF- Harris/RJ
PF- Bertans
C- Mitch

In fact that would be a nice lineup for any PG we draft- Cole Anthony, Tyrese Maxey (two great penetrators who'd benefit from the spacing) or even Hayes.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/5/2020  12:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

Haliburton played a great game. I really hope we can draft this kid. Him and frank in the back court will give teams fits..... Plus his shot might not be pretty but jeez can he shoot that 3 ball.

Haliburton: 23 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists
Lewis: 8 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds

Love Haliburtons size, and decision making. Good spot up shooter as well. A backcourt of Haliburton and Frank will work in spurts, but on the offensive end, neither of them put much pressure on the defense. Haliburton will excel playing along side spot up shooters and scoring slashers.

RJ is a scoring slasher/downhill SG and can shoot the three when his feet are set

Mitch is a PnR big

I legit think the plan is to get Wood for his outside shot at PF

We would have a hole at SF maybe we keep Bullock for that or draft someone with that Clips pick. 2021 has a great SF draft class so we could hopefully pick that player then, or go for a FA Small Forward

You get a HC like Thibs and I like their odds as they mature.

You could go for:

PG- sign VanFleet
SG- Haliburton
SF- RJ

C- Mitch

or, My personal favorite (and I know I keep saying this!), sign Joe Harris and Davis Bertans and sort out our three point shooting woes, once and for all. It gives you two elite three point shooters (the opportunity to do this is in one offseason is very rare), which really helps out our young players development- whatever PG we draft can pass to them and RJ finally gets spacing. Joe Harris can play SG and SF, and Betrans can play SF and PF. So you could go:

PG- Haliburton
SG- RJ/ Harris
SF- Harris/RJ
PF- Bertans
C- Mitch

In fact that would be a nice lineup for any PG we draft- Cole Anthony, Tyrese Maxey (two great penetrators who'd benefit from the spacing) or even Hayes.

Smack— so we’re going to win with a frontline of Bertans Harris abd Robinson? Who do we go to in the post? how does Bertrand work out against top tier nba 4s. He has to guard giannis a davis etc.. no star players there. Athletics match is only fair. I pray we get wiseman Wiseman in middle with Mitch and Woods. Move Randle to 6th man

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
5/5/2020  12:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Smack— so we’re going to win with a frontline of Bertans Harris abd Robinson? Who do we go to in the post? how does Bertrand work out against top tier nba 4s. He has to guard giannis a davis etc.. no star players there. Athletics match is only fair. I pray we get wiseman Wiseman in middle with Mitch and Woods. Move Randle to 6th man

No, (I don't think we're winning anything next season or two regardless of what moves we make)- the aim is to get players on the roster who help players that we draft develop, and allow for flexibility in the future depending on how those players turn out. Having 2 elite 3pt shooters, takes the defensive pressure and gives space to RJ and whatever PG we drafts and Mitch. If we end up drafting a great PF further down the line, Bertans can be moved to either SF or the bench, or traded (usually a market for great 3pt shooters.). Likewise if RJ doesn't pan out, we move him to sixth man and can start Harris at SG and Bertans at SF.

I don't see how a frontline of Mitch, Wood, Wiseman and Randle works at all

BRIGGS
5/5/2020  1:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

No, (I don't think we're winning anything next season or two regardless of what moves we make)- the aim is to get players on the roster who help players that we draft develop, and allow for flexibility in the future depending on how those players turn out. Having 2 elite 3pt shooters, takes the defensive pressure and gives space to RJ and whatever PG we drafts and Mitch. If we end up drafting a great PF further down the line, Bertans can be moved to either SF or the bench, or traded (usually a market for great 3pt shooters.). Likewise if RJ doesn't pan out, we move him to sixth man and can start Harris at SG and Bertans at SF.

No way to get rid of randle so trying to position him correctly at 6th man.

Woods starting 4. Robinson starting 4. Randle 6 th man Wiseman off the bench year 1.
One Randle is gone split 48 minutes between the 3 players for the most dominant frontline in the nba for years to come. I’m with you on the development. One more year for frank draft a oh at 27 or 38. Last thing I do is go all in to try and trade for nesmith or bey to interchange 2-3

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/5/2020  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2020  2:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Woods starting 4. Robinson starting 4. Randle 6 th man Wiseman off the bench year 1.
One Randle is gone split 48 minutes between the 3 players for the most dominant frontline in the nba for years to come. I’m with you on the development. One more year for frank draft a oh at 27 or 38. Last thing I do is go all in to try and trade for nesmith or bey to interchange 2-3

In the likely event we don't draft Wiseman, would you consider
Onyeka Okongwu? He's likely in out draft range and some people have him on the same tier as Wiseman.

Saw this after I posted the question. The CBS mock dropped Wiseman to 8 and has Okongwu in the top 5.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-goes-no-1-to-warriors-james-wiseman-slips-to-hornets-at-no-8/live/

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
5/5/2020  3:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2020  3:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Onyeka Okongwu? He's likely in out draft range and some people have him on the same tier as Wiseman.

Saw this after I posted the question. The CBS mock dropped Wiseman to 8 and has Okongwu in the top 5.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-goes-no-1-to-warriors-james-wiseman-slips-to-hornets-at-no-8/live/

Draftexpress abd draft net both have wiseman 2. If it’s a normal draft process I think he goes 1. There is no other guy in this draft w his combination of measurables athleticsm speed and skill. I think he’s the only no brainer. If u notice in nba history most of the great players have unusual body combinations. From Shaw Hakeem trobinsin magic Malone Lebron Kobe they all had incredible body types

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

5/5/2020  3:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Draftexpress abd draft net both have wiseman 2. If it’s a normal draft process I think he goes 1. There is no other guy in this draft w his combination of measurables athleticsm speed and skill. I think he’s the only no brainer. If u notice in nba history most of the great players have unusual body combinations. From Shaw Hakeem trobinsin magic Malone Lebron Kobe they all had incredible body types

Ok, but would you still go big with Onyeka if Wiseman is of the board? He's also an athletic freak and will, likely, be a better defensive force than Wiseman. Or do you settle on Hayes, Anthony, Hal is etc. I wouldn't mind trading down, personally.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
5/5/2020  4:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Ok, but would you still go big with Onyeka if Wiseman is of the board? He's also an athletic freak and will, likely, be a better defensive force than Wiseman. Or do you settle on Hayes, Anthony, Hal is etc. I wouldn't mind trading down, personally.

First choice Wiseman

If 3-6-7 see if I can trade down for a combination of Bey Nesmith

Pritchard 1.
Lewis 2
Jalen Smith 3
With picks 27-38.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

5/5/2020  6:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

First choice Wiseman

If 3-6-7 see if I can trade down for a combination of Bey Nesmith

Pritchard 1.
Lewis 2
Jalen Smith 3
With picks 27-38.

If we can't trade down, then I'd settle on Deni, Oneyka, Killian, Hal. If we drop down further, it's Cole. If we get #1, it's Edwards. I think Edwards has that combination of measurable and skill you're talking about.
BigDaddyG

5/6/2020  4:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2020  4:39 PM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/7/2020  10:11 AM
Washerman has a new mock out. He has the Knicks drafting Toppin and Terry.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
5/7/2020  10:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Washerman has a new mock out. He has the Knicks drafting Toppin and Terry.

Would be a very decent haul. The bottom line is there will be quality PGs at both 26 and 38. Terry at 27 could be just as good as Halliburton at 5. Taking Randle out of equation we have a rim runner only. We already spent expensive draft capital on frank.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

5/7/2020  2:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Washerman has a new mock out. He has the Knicks drafting Toppin and Terry.

He has Detroit taking Oneyka at 5. Is his upside that much better than Hayes, who fills a position of need? Also, would that change the strategy they toward Wood?

smackeddog
5/7/2020  4:43 PM
Some of these passes are ridiculous:

wargames
Member: #6053

5/7/2020  4:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:Some of these passes are ridiculous:

He reminds me of Penny..... I hope we can get him.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG

5/7/2020  5:50 PM

That's the difference between him and Hayes/Halliburton. He doesn't just make the reads. He's able to anticipate 2-3 progressions before the plays develop in the open court. Jason Kidd level foresight. J needs a lot of work tho.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/7/2020  8:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

That's the difference between him and Hayes/Halliburton. He doesn't just make the reads. He's able to anticipate 2-3 progressions before the plays develop in the open court. Jason Kidd level foresight. J needs a lot of work tho.

yes yes yes. a guy who scouted him said “he doesn’t pass to the open guy - his passes open guys up.”

he will be a human assist.

wargames
Member: #6053

5/9/2020  7:03 AM

Yeah his skill is amazing

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

5/10/2020  12:14 PM
wargames wrote:

The Kid is such an amazing talent. I do worry about his shot but I don't want to be scared away from him developing a shot because of the lack of shooting in his family.
If we could get some more shooters, then he really makes sense.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
BigDaddyG

5/10/2020  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2020  2:32 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
wargames wrote:

The Kid is such an amazing talent. I do worry about his shot but I don't want to be scared away from him developing a shot because of the lack of shooting in his family.
If we could get some more shooters, then he really makes sense.

It gives me hope that Lonzo increased his three-point shooting each year. He was 38% before the season ended. The thing that is worrisome is that Lonzo already had good shot selection. Lamelo takes shots that no one should even consider unless their names are Steph Curry or Trae Young. He has to shoulder a larger offensive load because of his team's lack of talent. That probably explains some of it.
Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy