[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/1/2020  6:26 PM

Footage of LaMelo scrimmaging. He looks smooth as a playmaker. Defense is a bout as lax as you'd expect. Jumper looked suspect.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/1/2020  8:35 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/1/2020  10:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

That’s too bad. It would’ve been nice for the fans to look forward to something

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Member: #6053

5/2/2020  3:19 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That’s too bad. It would’ve been nice for the fans to look forward to something

They are stalling holding out hope they can still have a season. If by June 1st they aren't prepping for a specific date I think they'll call the season.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
5/2/2020  8:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2020  12:10 PM
Picks. May 2 2020

1-3 James Wiseman
7-8 Saddiq Bey
26-27 Payton Pritchard
38 bpa. Very high on Jalen smith if no wiseman

RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/2/2020  2:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Picks. May 2 2020

1-3 James Wiseman
7-8 Saddiq Bey
26-27 Payton Pritchard

I’d have Ball, Hayes and Haliburton higher than Bey right now. I do like Bey though.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
5/2/2020  2:55 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

1-3 James Wiseman
7-8 Saddiq Bey
26-27 Payton Pritchard

I’d have Ball, Hayes and Haliburton higher than Bey right now. I do like Bey though.

Both good view points. Personally as Per below:-

1-3 Edward / Wiseman
7-8 Nesmith/ Cole
26-27 Lewis jr / Maxey
38 Jalen smith / Stanley

BRIGGS
5/2/2020  3:06 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

1-3 James Wiseman
7-8 Saddiq Bey
26-27 Payton Pritchard

Bey fits in. Great great defensive player who will interchange with Barrett. I just don’t see us trying to develop another pg. bey can play today. Let lewis or Pritchard be at pick 26/27

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/2/2020  3:08 PM
Knickfury11 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

1-3 James Wiseman
7-8 Saddiq Bey
26-27 Payton Pritchard

Both good view points. Personally as Per below:-

1-3 Edward / Wiseman
7-8 Nesmith/ Cole
26-27 Lewis jr / Maxey
38 Jalen smith / Stanley

I agree with you on Stanley it’s all how it shakes out on top. If we get wiseman I’d be willing to use another pick plus Knox to try and get bey. I’m ok with perceived teaching for bey. I’m sure teams regret not reaching on players many times

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames

5/3/2020  12:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2020  12:49 AM

Haliburton played a great game. I really hope we can draft this kid. Him and frank in the back court will give teams fits..... Plus his shot might not be pretty but jeez can he shoot that 3 ball.

Haliburton: 23 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists
Lewis: 8 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds

BigDaddyG

5/3/2020  1:18 AM
wargames wrote:

Haliburton played a great game. I really hope we can draft this kid. Him and frank in the back court will give teams fits..... Plus his shot might not be pretty but jeez can he shoot that 3 ball.

You can tell from the clips Hal is a better decision maker and is more disruptive on D. That said, it seemed as if he was allergic to the paint. Whether he finished with a pass or floater, it seemed like there was an invisible field keeping him from the lane. Kira looked bad this game, but it was encouraging to see him still attacking the paint. I think there's a good chance Hal is there when we're up to pick. I still wouldn't mind trading down for Kira and picking up more assets. Also Lewis definitely seems more like the Perry's type
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

5/3/2020  2:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2020  2:41 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:

You can tell from the clips Hal is a better decision maker and is more disruptive on D. That said, it seemed as if he was allergic to the paint. Whether he finished with a pass or floater, it seemed like there was an invisible field keeping him from the lane. Kira looked bad this game, but it was encouraging to see him still attacking the paint. I think there's a good chance Hal is there when we're up to pick. I still wouldn't mind trading down for Kira and picking up more assets. Also Lewis definitely seems more like the Perry's type

He's not the type to drive to score, he's not fast enough or strong enough yet. He has a good dribble attack and between that and strength I think he'll be able to sooner than later. He does seem to emphasize looking to pass to a big.

When it comes to Kira most mocks have him around 27 or not even in the first round. Also I really don't think the knicks need to trade down. I think they have assets to trade up. 27 and that 1-10 protected 2023 Mavs pick could probably get up in into the late teens.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/3/2020  3:29 AM
wargames wrote:

What I like about Haliburton is that he's the opposite of the kind of player we usually draft. We usually go for inefficient scorers, who are poor defenders and aren't particularly good at anything. Haliburton seems efficient and pretty good at everything.

Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
5/3/2020  7:39 AM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:

What I like about Haliburton is that he's the opposite of the kind of player we usually draft. We usually go for inefficient scorers, who are poor defenders and aren't particularly good at anything. Haliburton seems efficient and pretty good at everything.

All things being equal- who do you take Haliburton or Ball? Bearing in mind immediate effect and long term view? I’m inclined to go Haliburton. Looks quicker laterally and superior defensively.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/3/2020  11:57 AM
Knickfury11 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:

All things being equal- who do you take Haliburton or Ball? Bearing in mind immediate effect and long term view? I’m inclined to go Haliburton. Looks quicker laterally and superior defensively.

Though his stats aren't good, Ball just seems to have the 'it' factor when you watch him, like Tatum had in that draft. Haliburton reminds me of a SGA type, or even Brandon Clarke (in the sense all his advanced stats were great but teams worried too much about what position he'd fit)- worked out very well for the Griz

ccinflushing
Member: #6061

5/3/2020  4:23 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on Patrick Williams from Florida State - he's the kind of prospect I like. Don't think he got to show all he could do with that team - as a freshman he played his role pretty well, but I get a SGA feel from him.

I'm a fan of Killian Tillie at #38.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/3/2020  7:10 PM
If you have time for a long video, this is definitely worth a look:
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

5/3/2020  10:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knickfury11 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:

Though his stats aren't good, Ball just seems to have the 'it' factor when you watch him, like Tatum had in that draft. Haliburton reminds me of a SGA type, or even Brandon Clarke (in the sense all his advanced stats were great but teams worried too much about what position he'd fit)- worked out very well for the Griz

I agree. The "it" is the ability to get his shot of under almost any situation. Also, he's not afraid of attacking the paint and has better vision. He can be an engine. Hal's cerebral game does remind me a bit of Brogdan, that's why I hesitate to say he can't be more than a starter. I think Lonzo, who is also still developing, is the best comp I can think of now. Their draft year college stats are pretty close.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/4/2020  12:10 PM
wargames wrote:

Love Haliburtons size, and decision making. Good spot up shooter as well. A backcourt of Haliburton and Frank will work in spurts, but on the offensive end, neither of them put much pressure on the defense. Haliburton will excel playing along side spot up shooters and scoring slashers.

wargames

5/4/2020  12:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/4/2020  12:31 PM
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:

Love Haliburtons size, and decision making. Good spot up shooter as well. A backcourt of Haliburton and Frank will work in spurts, but on the offensive end, neither of them put much pressure on the defense. Haliburton will excel playing along side spot up shooters and scoring slashers.

RJ is a scoring slasher/downhill SG and can shoot the three when his feet are set

Mitch is a PnR big

I legit think the plan is to get Wood for his outside shot at PF

We would have a hole at SF maybe we keep Bullock for that or draft someone with that Clips pick. 2021 has a great SF draft class so we could hopefully pick that player then, or go for a FA Small Forward

You get a HC like Thibs and I like their odds as they mature.

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy