[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

4/26/2020  8:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

After this, I never trusted workout videos again!:

Lmao I was thinking about this workout video when I saw Anthony’s video. See when people get at Knox they need to remember Jerian who was the definition of a scrub rookie. Every time he got playing time he looked scared and slow.

I thinj the hybrid offense Fish ran played a huge part. One quarter PnR, the next triangle... chaotic times or, should I say, typical Knicks player management.

While he did have some decent games on the Bulls and Magic. He was slow for a PG and unlike say Frank didn’t have the size or ball handle to compensate. Also he always had to be wide open to shoot a 3 because he could only do a set shot and it started low and was slow.

He was a bad pick, because Phil knew his uncle Horace and Frank actually was much better for the triangle based on his physical profile.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/27/2020  5:20 AM
https://castbox.fm/va/1318862
The Dane Moore Podcast, Minnesota Wolves themed show hat has some pretty good draft content. The one I linked to features Jordan Taylor, an American playing overseas who is teammates with prospect Theo Maledon and has played against Killian Hayes. Has good takes on both prospects.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/27/2020  5:25 AM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Lmao I was thinking about this workout video when I saw Anthony’s video. See when people get at Knox they need to remember Jerian who was the definition of a scrub rookie. Every time he got playing time he looked scared and slow.

I thinj the hybrid offense Fish ran played a huge part. One quarter PnR, the next triangle... chaotic times or, should I say, typical Knicks player management.

While he did have some decent games on the Bulls and Magic. He was slow for a PG and unlike say Frank didn’t have the size or ball handle to compensate. Also he always had to be wide open to shoot a 3 because he could only do a set shot and it started low and was slow.

He was a bad pick, because Phil knew his uncle Horace and Frank actually was much better for the triangle based on his physical profile.

He was a bad picks, but he had a lot of hype. He led Notre Dame to a huge season and a lot of "experts" had him rated highly. Still, wish we got his brother...maybe in free agency.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

4/28/2020  3:51 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He was a bad picks, but he had a lot of hype. He led Notre Dame to a huge season and a lot of "experts" had him rated highly. Still, wish we got his brother...maybe in free agency.

IDK I remember the whole thing with him was "he can learn the triangle" and that his intelligence will compensate for his physical inability.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2020  2:37 PM
I think ya gotta put Kira lewis up in the top 8. He just might be the best pg prospect. He’s never gonna last to 27 or even 17. If we don’t get wiseman I’m all in on drafting two Pgs lottery and 27
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/29/2020  3:12 PM
What do you think of Ntilikina, Briggs? I’m a fan personally but he hasn’t shown enough yet. I still like him though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
4/29/2020  4:25 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:What do you think of Ntilikina, Briggs? I’m a fan personally but he hasn’t shown enough yet. I still like him though.

We’ve invested a good deal into him. It’s up to him to show consistent play instead of flashes. He’s got to do it. Like I said I’d be very open to drafting two more pgs( if it turns that way)

RIP Crushalot😞
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/29/2020  6:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:What do you think of Ntilikina, Briggs? I’m a fan personally but he hasn’t shown enough yet. I still like him though.

We’ve invested a good deal into him. It’s up to him to show consistent play instead of flashes. He’s got to do it. Like I said I’d be very open to drafting two more pgs( if it turns that way)

I've think we've reached a point where most of us agree it would be a bad idea to give up on him now, (Certainly there isn't much talk recently that we should have picked DSJ instead -- funny that.) Frank is 21, 22 in July. He seemed to be making a major stride when play was suspended. Certainly it's up to him to make it happen, but I am hopeful and definitely pulling for him.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/30/2020  12:32 AM
up to him? Thought it was up to Kncks1248!
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
4/30/2020  7:51 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I've think we've reached a point where most of us agree it would be a bad idea to give up on him now, (Certainly there isn't much talk recently that we should have picked DSJ instead -- funny that.) Frank is 21, 22 in July. He seemed to be making a major stride when play was suspended. Certainly it's up to him to make it happen, but I am hopeful and definitely pulling for him.

I’m hoping Frankie manages to improve and play with a level of consistency not yet seen. I laugh at the haters because I see Frankie as defensively elite especially at the PG spot. I also believe he could become an above average play maker. If he could stay healthy and add a consistent jumper league look out!

The demise of DSJ.... this guy needs to be packaged as part of a deal. Me no likey...

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/30/2020  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/30/2020  12:05 PM
I was listening to the Hard Knicks Life podcast, and they said thy'd read that if the NBA abandon the regular season, they would likely cap all lottery teams records at 63 (as that's the team with the fewest number of games played) and so delete the last few games that exceeded that to make it fair- pray this is true as it would mean we'd be tied 3rd worst record with the Twolves. Plus the Clips pick would go from 26 to tied 25 with the Nuggets.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/30/2020  12:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:I was listening to the Hard Knicks Life podcast, and they said thy'd read that if the NBA abandon the regular season, they would likely cap all lottery teams records at 63 (as that's the team with the fewest number of games played) and so delete the last few games that exceeded that to make it fair- pray this is true as it would mean we'd be tied 3rd worst record with the Twolves. Plus the Clips pick would go from 26 to tied 25 with the Nuggets.

OH! Interesting, thanks. It does make sense.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/30/2020  12:54 PM
Makes sense, but so does Winning %. Or there in lack of!
I’m down for what ever gives us an advantage! Could even go back to bottom 7 teams all have the same odds.
smackeddog
4/30/2020  1:23 PM
Nalod wrote:Makes sense, but so does Winning %. Or there in lack of!
I’m down for what ever gives us an advantage! Could even go back to bottom 7 teams all have the same odds.

yep, I'm ready and willing to completely change my argument on fairness as long as it means we get a better pick!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/1/2020  12:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:I was listening to the Hard Knicks Life podcast, and they said thy'd read that if the NBA abandon the regular season, they would likely cap all lottery teams records at 63 (as that's the team with the fewest number of games played) and so delete the last few games that exceeded that to make it fair- pray this is true as it would mean we'd be tied 3rd worst record with the Twolves. Plus the Clips pick would go from 26 to tied 25 with the Nuggets.

Wow. That would be great. The Knicks would be 19-44. Not sure where that puts them in the standings but it wipes out two wins.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
5/1/2020  1:30 PM
martin wrote:

OH! Interesting, thanks. It does make sense.

Wow would be helpful

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
5/1/2020  1:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2020  1:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow. That would be great. The Knicks would be 19-44. Not sure where that puts them in the standings but it wipes out two wins.

Because of the extra time I have due to the lockdown, I went and calculated it (deducted the requisite last few games from each team ahead of us in the standings), and it would have us tied at 3/4/5 with the Twolves and Hawks. Basically we'd all be on 19 wins 44 losses

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/1/2020  2:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Because of the extra time I have due to the lockdown, I went and calculated it (deducted the requisite last few games from each team ahead of us in the standings), and it would have us tied at 3/4/5 with the Twolves and Hawks. Basically we'd all be on 19 wins 44 losses

with this extra time could you also research the tie breaker scenario for us?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
5/1/2020  3:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2020  3:33 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Tie breakers result in the odds (i.e. Number of ball combinations) being divided evenly between the tied teams

Edit, actually I’m not sure anymore, I just read last year they have a random drawing between the tied teams. Think they brought in the change last year:

NEW YORK -- Seven ties among teams that finished the 2018-19 NBA regular season with identical records were broken Friday through random drawings to determine the order of selection for NBA Draft 2019 presented by State Farm.

The drawings were conducted by NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Kiki VanDeWeghe at the St. Regis Hotel in New York and broadcast live on NBA TV. The tiebreaker process was overseen by Darrington Hobson, a representative from the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.

The results of the drawings:

• The Cleveland Cavaliers (19-63) won a tiebreaker with the Phoenix Suns.

• The New Orleans Pelicans (33-49) won a tiebreaker with the Memphis Grizzlies and the Dallas Mavericks. Second and third place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Memphis and Dallas, respectively.

• The Charlotte Hornets (39-43) won a tiebreaker with the Miami Heat and the Sacramento Kings. Second and third place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Miami and Sacramento, respectively.

So it gets messed up- you could win the random draw, move up to 3rd best odds, but then get overtaken by the team you just beat in the random draw!

wargames

5/1/2020  4:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Tie breakers result in the odds (i.e. Number of ball combinations) being divided evenly between the tied teams

Edit, actually I’m not sure anymore, I just read last year they have a random drawing between the tied teams. Think they brought in the change last year:

NEW YORK -- Seven ties among teams that finished the 2018-19 NBA regular season with identical records were broken Friday through random drawings to determine the order of selection for NBA Draft 2019 presented by State Farm.

The drawings were conducted by NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Kiki VanDeWeghe at the St. Regis Hotel in New York and broadcast live on NBA TV. The tiebreaker process was overseen by Darrington Hobson, a representative from the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.

The results of the drawings:

• The Cleveland Cavaliers (19-63) won a tiebreaker with the Phoenix Suns.

• The New Orleans Pelicans (33-49) won a tiebreaker with the Memphis Grizzlies and the Dallas Mavericks. Second and third place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Memphis and Dallas, respectively.

• The Charlotte Hornets (39-43) won a tiebreaker with the Miami Heat and the Sacramento Kings. Second and third place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Miami and Sacramento, respectively.

So it gets messed up- you could win the random draw, move up to 3rd best odds, but then get overtaken by the team you just beat in the random draw!

The only real perk is if the do this the furthest we could fall back is 9 and 5-7 would be the likely place we draft. That is definitely important.

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy