[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

4/16/2020  10:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Can’t believe how many mocks have Halliburton and Hayes so low?
I think you’re looking at player 3-4 in the draft. Halliburton can shoot ball not so much.

1Wiseman
2 Toppin
3 Hayes
4 Halliburton

I'd be tickled to get Halliburton or a Hayes -- more than Ball really.

AUTOADVERT
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

4/16/2020  10:40 PM
How realistic is it for us to draft Wiseman, given that the front office will to their jobs of property evaluating the potential and his fit with the team. We already have a gem in Mitch and i hate to let go of him even if we get a young star in return. The trend in the NBA now is to go small ball. If we have both Mitch and Wiseman in the line up, can that work? Both players are rim runners and very athletic. Can wiseman play more of the 4, he does have range and can even extend out to the 3pt line. Is it possible to replicate the Rockets twin towers of Olajuwon and Sampson for the knicks?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/16/2020  11:27 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:How realistic is it for us to draft Wiseman, given that the front office will to their jobs of property evaluating the potential and his fit with the team. We already have a gem in Mitch and i hate to let go of him even if we get a young star in return. The trend in the NBA now is to go small ball. If we have both Mitch and Wiseman in the line up, can that work? Both players are rim runners and very athletic. Can wiseman play more of the 4, he does have range and can even extend out to the 3pt line. Is it possible to replicate the Rockets twin towers of Olajuwon and Sampson for the knicks?

Wiseman might develop range, but he isn't close to being a floor spacer now. And he can't guard the perimeter. Mitch moves well for a big, but I don't see him guarding 4s full-time. Plus, he's the better rim protector. If you honestly see his ceiling as being that much higher than any of the other guys left on the draft board, then the pick makes sense. I'm not that high on him, but who knows what our talent evaluators think? But no, I don't think you can be successful having a Mitch/Wiseman twin towers system on offense or defense.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/16/2020  11:45 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:How realistic is it for us to draft Wiseman, given that the front office will to their jobs of property evaluating the potential and his fit with the team. We already have a gem in Mitch and i hate to let go of him even if we get a young star in return. The trend in the NBA now is to go small ball. If we have both Mitch and Wiseman in the line up, can that work? Both players are rim runners and very athletic. Can wiseman play more of the 4, he does have range and can even extend out to the 3pt line. Is it possible to replicate the Rockets twin towers of Olajuwon and Sampson for the knicks?

The only question I can truly answer is that I would not bypass wiseman under any circumstance. I’m not focused on what our roster does or does not have-/ thTs a mistake. You either see a franchise player or you don’t. I agree with Paul Pierce— the guys gonna be a super star-/cant pass

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2020  10:28 AM
At some point the draft will be seen as a one, two, three or a 4 player then a drop off. Where we pick will determine obviously.
You don't pass on Wiseman unless you you have someone even higher. Portland passed on Jordan becuase they had Drexler. Ok, hindsight is easy but you draft Jordan, roll with it a year or two then trade one. Lots of issues when you draft by position.
That said if we have the top pick and wiseman is the clear no. 1 you either listen to offers and take one if substantial or draft him. Let him and Mitch co-exist, be cool and eventually if not a fit make a trade on strength.
If wiseman falls is it because others surged or did he not impress further in workouts/combine play?
If he ranks even with another player at a more obvious positonal need then I defer to my process. If that so then draft by position.
Can anyone tell me what RJ Barret is? A 2 or a 3?
BRIGGS
4/17/2020  10:46 AM
Jalen green to d league. I’d pick him 1 today. He’s gonna get 500 k. True Kobe like player
RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/17/2020  12:46 PM
A shame the NBA can't just go ahead with the draft now to fill in this gap- would be great to have the distraction
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/18/2020  1:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Jalen green to d league. I'd pick him 1 today. He's gonna get 500 k. True Kobe like player
I have been following this kid for a long time. Part of it is because he is half Filipino 😁. You are absolutely right. This kid has everything. Dude has handles, perimeter game, can fly and just dominates on defense. He also has that killer mentality. I was surprised he is going the g- league route. Would have wanted to see him play 1 year in college.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2020  3:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:A shame the NBA can't just go ahead with the draft now to fill in this gap- would be great to have the distraction
I agree. Everyone would be safe and it would keep interest in the sport.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2020  4:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:A shame the NBA can't just go ahead with the draft now to fill in this gap- would be great to have the distraction

Would love this but I think the NBA is holding off announcing end of season or playoffs for as long as they can, and then you will see them address draft, free agency.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/18/2020  5:25 PM
Lavar been very quiet.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/18/2020  6:31 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Would love this but I think the NBA is holding off announcing end of season or playoffs for as long as they can, and then you will see them address draft, free agency.

This is going to be the toughest talent evaluation I can remember. Remember how good Job Yianlian good in video workouts? Team workouts are critical. I wouldn't mind if they waited until restrictions on social interactions are loosened. I think it's the opposite in the NFL where workouts and combine numbers can create noise in talent evaluations. The fact that this draft is a bit weaker also helps to cool off my anticipation.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
4/18/2020  7:43 PM
They’ll need the extra time to do evaluations. They will have chances to do private workouts in certain states over the next 6 weeks
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
4/19/2020  11:24 AM
The lack of exposure is level for all teams and all players. This could e a disaster for some teams and opportune for others.
Somtimes teams over think it and blow it. Other times its just luck. Plenty of busts at the top.
Trade down? It’s not like the knicks are the only team to contemplate this. Is it the right thing to do? “Depends”.
As for need, we have a lot of young players. Quantities of youth vs concentrated talent? Maybe we “Trade up”?
I’ll worry More when we know our draft position. No March madness stars to hype on. Whose our coach? GM?
Contract is up seasons end. Thibs? Miller? Kentucky’s coach Cal?
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/19/2020  2:01 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887233-cole-anthony-would-like-to-play-for-hometown-knicks-i-still-got-love-for-them

Former UNC point guard Cole Anthony is a virtual lock to land in the lottery portion of the 2020 NBA draft, and he could find himself in the top five.

A few teams destined for the lottery in this year's draft could use a point guard, including the New York Knicks, who need a long-term answer to pair with shooting guard RJ Barrett.

That squad happens to be Anthony's hometown team, as he's from the Upper West Side of Manhattan. In an interview with Zach Braziller of the New York Post released Friday, Anthony discussed how he would feel about playing at Madison Square Garden.

"It would be pretty cool," he said. "I was a fan for a good amount of time. I do like the Knicks. I think they definitely can use a guard, a good scoring point guard. If that happens, it would be pretty cool to play in front of my little brother."

Anthony added "I still got love" for the Knicks and noted that he ultimately doesn't care where he's drafted. Rather, he wants to go to the right team, one with which he has the best chance to succeed.

"What pick you're drafted at doesn't mean anything," Anthony said. "I'd rather be drafted 17th in a really good situation for myself than go seventh in a terrible situation for myself where I'm behind two other lead guards. It's really all about fit."

Anthony would likely run the point from day one in New York.

The Knicks have tried Elfrid Payton, Frank Ntilikina and Dennis Smith Jr. at the 1 during the 2019-20 campaign, with Payton having the most success. But he's on a one-year deal, and Anthony would likely be an upgrade.

Bleacher Report's Jonathan Wasserman has Anthony going to the Knicks in his latest mock draft, which dropped March 19:

"The New York Knicks figure to look past Cole Anthony's inefficiency at North Carolina, where it was clear he lacked talent around him and spacing. He still pumped in 18.5 points and 2.2 threes per game, and though his 4.0 assists sound underwhelming, his passing skills looked better than the numbers suggest.

"Assuming new president Leon Rose isn't as familiar with international scouting, he's likely to have more of a comfort level drafting a player like Anthony, who'd give the lineup a new franchise point guard and familiar name for the agitated fanbase to get behind."

Anthony is seventh overall on Wasserman's big board and third among point guards. He also gave him a present-day comparison to Denver Nuggets point guard Jamal Murray and a historical one to shooting guard Ben Gordon.

Last season, Anthony shot 38 percent from the field and added 5.7 rebounds and 4.0 assists per contest.

The NBA draft is scheduled for June 25, but that would appear to be in jeopardy with the league suspended because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

On Friday, Commissioner Adam Silver said the league is "not in a position to make any decisions [regarding the future], and it's unclear when we will be," per Anthony Slater of The Athletic.

BRIGGS
4/20/2020  2:06 AM

Pick 27 Knicks next Steve Nash

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/20/2020  3:12 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

2 things that p'd me off this nab season- our win against the hawks in the last game of the season, coupled with the fact the Clips went on a roll just before the season ended- really messed up our picks, now we have to get lucky

BRIGGS
4/20/2020  11:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2020  11:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

2 things that p'd me off this nab season- our win against the hawks in the last game of the season, coupled with the fact the Clips went on a roll just before the season ended- really messed up our picks, now we have to get lucky

The first post I had then I came back was a post on this guy. I love many things about him AND I think he’s being severely under rated. Name 1 other player with his combination of ball skills passing and quick release( with nba range) there’s none! There are guys who are more physically gifted who will go top 10 but this guy is getting dogged. I hope and wish even if we take a few pg up top that we have the ability to take Pritchard at 27. You’re right we lost 2-3 spots on the 2 Nd first rounder which does stink.

My perfect draft
Is
Wiseman at 1-2-3 ( obviously we’d have to get up into the top 3)
Pritchard at 27
38 opportunistic drop
Undrafted Yoeli Childs

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
4/21/2020  11:30 AM
Looking at this year’s draft prospects and if I prioritise as best player available not biased on positional need, in some order :-

Edwards- most NBA ready and potential to develop defensive end
Wiseman- looks best all around big man star potential
Okongwu- looks like ceiling will be at least solid big man
Anthony- scoring pg Derrick Rose lite Knicks connection
Hayes- to me the best all round passing pg

Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
4/21/2020  11:39 AM
Ball just worries me so much!! Yes crazy highlight reel passes and playmaking but terrible jumper and no D. I just see average NBA guards murdering him on the defensive end... I gotta think it’s in our best interest to draft high caliber two way players that have more of a perimeter threat. We need players that can contribute almost immediately. Thoughts welcome...
Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy