[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2020  3:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:No analysis but the newest draftexpress mock picks is here. Scroll down to first reply.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/comments/fxwkll/insider_request_givonyschmitz_upddated_60pick/

New DX mock:
GSW - Ant Edwards (Best fit: Ball)
CLE - James Wiseman (Best fit: Okongwu)
ATL - Isaac Okoro (Best fit: Okoro)
MIN - LaMelo Ball (Best fit: Ball)
DET - Onyeka Okongwu (Best fit: Avdija)
NYK - Deni Avdija (Best fit: Ball)
CHI - Obi Toppin (Best fit: Haliburton)
CHA - Precious Achiuwa (Best fit: Okongwu)
WAS - Tyrese Haliburton (Best fit: Okongwu)
PHX - Killian Hayes (Best fit: Haliburton)
SAC - RJ Hampton (Best fit: McDaniels)
SAS - Tyrese Maxey (Best fit: Okoro)
POR - Cole Anthony (Best fit: Nesmith)
NO - Aaron Nesmith (Best fit: Nesmith)
BOS - Devin Vassell (Best fit: Bolmaro)
MIN - Jaden McDaniels (Best fit: S. Bey)
ORL - Theo Maledon (Best fit: Maledon)
MKE - Nico Mannion (Best fit: Nesmith)
DAL - Saddiq Bey (Best fit: S. Bey)
OKC - Patrick Williams (Best fit: Mannion)
BKN - Josh Green (Best fit: T. Bey)
DEN - Leandro Bolmaro (Best fit: S. Bey)
MIA - Robert Woodard II (Best fit: Woodard II)
UTA - Kira Lewis Jr. (Best fit: Lewis Jr.)
OKC - Jahmi’us Ramsey (Best fit: J. Smith)
BOS - Isaiah Stewart (Best fit: Stewart)
NYK - Vernon Carey Jr. (Best fit: Pritchard)
TOR - Aleksej Pokusevski (Best fit: Stewart)
LAL - Cassius Winston (Best fit: Mays)
BOS - Jalen Smith (Best fit: Winston)
DAL - Udoka Azubuike
CHA - Devon Dotson
PHI - Daniel Oturu
MIN - Zeke Nnaji
SAC - Tyler Bey
PHI - Payton Pritchard
WAS - Keyontae Johnson
NYK - Tre Jones
NO - Jordan Nwora
MEM - Amar Sylla
SAC - Corey Kispert
SAS- Abdoulaye N’Doye
POR - Jared Butler
NO - Malachi Flynn
CHI - Grant Riller
BOS - Skylar Mays
ORL - Elijah Hughes
IND - Cassius Stanley
GSW - Reggie Perry
OKC - Xavier Tillman
PHI - Paul Reed
ATL - Kenyon Martin Jr.
SAC - Ashton Hagans
GSW - Killian Tillie
BKN - Paul Eboua
CHA - John Petty Jr.
LAC - Nick Richards
TOR - Immanuel Quickley
PHI - Desmond Bane
NO - Markus Howard

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/10/2020  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2020  3:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:No analysis but the newest draftexpress mock picks is here. Scroll down to first reply.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/comments/fxwkll/insider_request_givonyschmitz_upddated_60pick/

Draft express agreed with me for Pritchard at t 27. But if the mock came out like this I’d probably take Oturu who is the most under rated player in draft abd see if I can get Pritchard in the 30s

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/10/2020  4:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Draft express agreed with me for Pritchard at t 27. But if the mock came out like this I’d probably take Oturu who is the most under rated player in draft abd see if I can get Pritchard in the 30s

They have Kira Lewis in our draft range. Would you throw in a couple of seconds to move up for him? Also, I saw posters on another board bring up Jalen Brunson and TJ McConnell as comps for Pritchard. Would you agree with that? All three guys have difficulties scoring at the rim. I remember Jalen being alot smoother in the mid-range area with pull-ups and floaters than Pritchard and McConnell. Still, all three guys have similar physical profiles.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
4/10/2020  7:35 PM
I’d take that philly draft

Hayes. Pritchard. Okuru. Two pgs and a 4-5

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/11/2020  3:56 AM
Ack, who are we kidding, we all know we're going to draft Cole Anthony
BRIGGS
4/11/2020  10:25 AM
My main goal for this draft is to finally get pick 1-2 and take Wiseman. We are SO far off from being a good team. While Barrett has flaws I’d consider him a core piece along with possibly Robinson and my under the radar favorite Knick iggy2. I’d love to shove frank in there but he owes us a good consistent year first. I’m not high on Knox although he could be served better by higher tempo and pressure from our 5 and 1 spots for more space.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/11/2020  3:07 PM

Paul Pierce — wiseman is pick 1. Compares him to a combination of kg/bosh/ad

I agree. No way I’d pass up

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

4/11/2020  4:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ack, who are we kidding, we all know we're going to draft Cole Anthony

I'd be cool with that. I'm depends on where we land, which will probably be the 8th pick. Cole can ouch the pace and showed me encouraging signs shooting the ball at the tail end of the season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/12/2020  9:51 AM
Briggs, would you take Tre Jones with a later pick? I have always liked him.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
wargames
Member: #6053

4/12/2020  5:50 PM
If we don’t take a PG with our own pick I feel pretty confident we’ll move up from the Clippers pick to grab a pg in the early 20’s. Attaching 5 mil and pick 27 should do it. Maybe we add a contract like Reggie Bullock to sweeten the offer.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
4/12/2020  7:11 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Briggs, would you take Tre Jones with a later pick? I have always liked him.

That wouldn’t be my guy but if a team gets him at that second tier of draft slots it’s a very decent pick

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

4/12/2020  11:38 PM
wargames wrote:If we don’t take a PG with our own pick I feel pretty confident we’ll move up from the Clippers pick to grab a pg in the early 20’s. Attaching 5 mil and pick 27 should do it. Maybe we add a contract like Reggie Bullock to sweeten the offer.

That's Kira Lewis territory. I'd make that gamble. Would prefer that the Knicks keep Reggie tho.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2020  8:06 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:If we don’t take a PG with our own pick I feel pretty confident we’ll move up from the Clippers pick to grab a pg in the early 20’s. Attaching 5 mil and pick 27 should do it. Maybe we add a contract like Reggie Bullock to sweeten the offer.

That's Kira Lewis territory. I'd make that gamble. Would prefer that the Knicks keep Reggie tho.
Has the limit gone up on how much money an nba team can spend on draft picks and facilitating trades? I thought it was two million annually.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
4/13/2020  4:16 PM
Can anyone settle this once and for all, who would be the better draftee for us: Killian Hayes or Tyrese Haliburton?

Vs

Who’s the better player? Who’s the better fit next to RJ?

BigDaddyG

4/13/2020  4:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:Can anyone settle this once and for all, who would be the better draftee for us: Killian Hayes or Tyrese Haliburton?

Vs

Who’s the better player? Who’s the better fit next to RJ?

Tyrese is probably the better fit next to RJ, Killian probably has higher upside. But is RJ good enough for us to start worrying about the player who best complements him? We should go with best talent available.
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

4/13/2020  10:01 PM
I know we are all excited for who our first round pick can be but who are the possible pick we can get for the 27th (Clippers). We have been lucky with our 2nd round picks for the last couple of years, im hoping we can hit it out the ball park with our 1st round pick as well this year since we have two of them.
smackeddog
4/15/2020  1:54 PM
The Ringer have Killian Hayes at number 1:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga=2.266737865.63144318.1586878842-1784920337.1585930672

Dynamic left-handed shot maker who’s made rapid progress at age 18, though he’s raw in some technical areas.

SHADES OF: D’Angelo Russell, Manu Ginobili

PLUSES

Playmaking is his best skill. He can whip passes off the dribble with accuracy and hit cutters or rollers with precision.
Creative pick-and-roll facilitator. Despite his weak right hand, he gets where he wants and knows how to manipulate defenses to create passing angles and openings to score.
Fluid ball handler with the size to outmuscle smaller guards.
Excellent touch with his left hand finishing difficult floaters and runners, often after initiating contact.
Displays major potential as an off-the-dribble 3-point shooter with Hardenesque moves. Added a stepback and sidestep 3 to his arsenal and uses hesitations to get into pull-ups.
His catch-and-shoot shooting numbers are concerning, but he has smooth form, a soft touch inside, and a free throw percentage over 80—all of which suggest he’ll figure it out.
Tall, with a strong frame and long arms, making him a projectably versatile defender against guards and wings.
Active off-ball menace who could develop into a disruptive defensive helper.
MINUSES

Left-hand dominant: He might as well tie his right hand behind his back considering how little he uses it—there are some passes he can’t make since he relives on his left hand so much.
Limited athlete who lacks burst and bounce, which hinders his finishing ability, especially since he rarely uses his right hand.
Lacks an advanced handle. Picks up his dribble too often, which gets him into trouble. He’s shifty but doesn’t create a ton of separation and doesn’t string together advanced moves to break down defenses.
Experiences lapses on defense, missing rotations and falling out of his on-ball stance.
He needs to be more vocal as a lead guard to take better command of the team.

And Tyrese Haliburton at number 4:

Genius playmaker who can be a major building block of a contending team.
SHADES OF: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Sam Cassell

PLUSES

Always in control; he lacks lightning speed or explosiveness, but he uses subtle gear changes to throw defenders off balance, create room, and then strike.
Takes long strides on drives to the rim and displays good timing when gathering his dribble before using his length to score at the rim.
Creative playmaker with extraordinary vision and ambidextrous handles to deliver passes at all angles; he manipulates defenders with his eyes and dribble in the pick-and-roll, and has pinpoint accuracy on passes to rollers and shooters.
Good spot-up shooter with deep NBA range, despite his odd form.
A coach’s dream: He does all the little things on the court, from smart, timely defensive rotations to making rapid decisions to keep the offense flowing.
MINUSES

Lack of athleticism and burst limits his upside as a primary shot creator.
Generally avoids contact at the rim, which forces him to settle for tough layups or low-percentage floaters.
Made progress off the dribble as a sophomore, but still didn’t shoot well, and his stiff form raises concern.
Man-to-man defense: He stands in too much of an upright stance and moves laterally on his heels. Also takes poor angles fighting around screens.

And here's a longer article on why they have Hayes at number 1:

https://www.theringer.com/2020/4/15/21220970/nba-draft-killian-hayes-2020-top-prospect

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2020  2:56 PM
^ wow, lots of info in that article, thanks
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

4/15/2020  3:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2020  3:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:The Ringer have Killian Hayes at number 1:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga=2.266737865.63144318.1586878842-1784920337.1585930672

Dynamic left-handed shot maker who’s made rapid progress at age 18, though he’s raw in some technical areas.

SHADES OF: D’Angelo Russell, Manu Ginobili

PLUSES

Playmaking is his best skill. He can whip passes off the dribble with accuracy and hit cutters or rollers with precision.
Creative pick-and-roll facilitator. Despite his weak right hand, he gets where he wants and knows how to manipulate defenses to create passing angles and openings to score.
Fluid ball handler with the size to outmuscle smaller guards.
Excellent touch with his left hand finishing difficult floaters and runners, often after initiating contact.
Displays major potential as an off-the-dribble 3-point shooter with Hardenesque moves. Added a stepback and sidestep 3 to his arsenal and uses hesitations to get into pull-ups.
His catch-and-shoot shooting numbers are concerning, but he has smooth form, a soft touch inside, and a free throw percentage over 80—all of which suggest he’ll figure it out.
Tall, with a strong frame and long arms, making him a projectably versatile defender against guards and wings.
Active off-ball menace who could develop into a disruptive defensive helper.
MINUSES

Left-hand dominant: He might as well tie his right hand behind his back considering how little he uses it—there are some passes he can’t make since he relives on his left hand so much.
Limited athlete who lacks burst and bounce, which hinders his finishing ability, especially since he rarely uses his right hand.
Lacks an advanced handle. Picks up his dribble too often, which gets him into trouble. He’s shifty but doesn’t create a ton of separation and doesn’t string together advanced moves to break down defenses.
Experiences lapses on defense, missing rotations and falling out of his on-ball stance.
He needs to be more vocal as a lead guard to take better command of the team.

And Tyrese Haliburton at number 4:

Genius playmaker who can be a major building block of a contending team.
SHADES OF: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Sam Cassell

PLUSES

Always in control; he lacks lightning speed or explosiveness, but he uses subtle gear changes to throw defenders off balance, create room, and then strike.
Takes long strides on drives to the rim and displays good timing when gathering his dribble before using his length to score at the rim.
Creative playmaker with extraordinary vision and ambidextrous handles to deliver passes at all angles; he manipulates defenders with his eyes and dribble in the pick-and-roll, and has pinpoint accuracy on passes to rollers and shooters.
Good spot-up shooter with deep NBA range, despite his odd form.
A coach’s dream: He does all the little things on the court, from smart, timely defensive rotations to making rapid decisions to keep the offense flowing.
MINUSES

Lack of athleticism and burst limits his upside as a primary shot creator.
Generally avoids contact at the rim, which forces him to settle for tough layups or low-percentage floaters.
Made progress off the dribble as a sophomore, but still didn’t shoot well, and his stiff form raises concern.
Man-to-man defense: He stands in too much of an upright stance and moves laterally on his heels. Also takes poor angles fighting around screens.

And here's a longer article on why they have Hayes at number 1:

https://www.theringer.com/2020/4/15/21220970/nba-draft-killian-hayes-2020-top-prospect

Sam Cassell was a mid-range maestro and Shai was also a crafty shot maker inside the paint at Kentucky. I don't see shades of any of those guys in Haliburton. Someone made a Lonzo comp and I think that comparison is a bit closer, down to the weird Js. Lonzo's three point attempts per game and percentage are almost identical to what Haliburton shot. Lonzo shot 41% on 5.4 three points attempts a game while Haliburton shot about 42% on 5.6 attempts a game.

BRIGGS
4/16/2020  9:17 PM
Can’t believe how many mocks have Halliburton and Hayes so low?
I think you’re looking at player 3-4 in the draft. Halliburton can shoot ball not so much.

1Wiseman
2 Toppin
3 Hayes
4 Halliburton

RIP Crushalot😞
Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy