[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/26/2020  11:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2020  1:26 PM

New video on Pritchard

Has everything we need
Tremendous range and accuracy
Incredible handle great vision high iq and good speed with ball
Great passer
Good rebounder
Good solid defender
Intense athlete great teammate
Good solid strong 6-2 200 pounds

We have guys like Robinson and Knox who would be helped by Pritchard right away

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/26/2020  3:52 PM
CBS sports moving Killian Hayes up to 3, Okoro to 4 and Okongwu at 5

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-draft-prospect-rankings-biggest-risers-and-fallers-in-latest-update-of-top-75-on-big-board/

How good is Okoro? Would he fit with us?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2020  5:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:CBS sports moving Killian Hayes up to 3, Okoro to 4 and Okongwu at 5

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-draft-prospect-rankings-biggest-risers-and-fallers-in-latest-update-of-top-75-on-big-board/

Fix seems to think PG and stretch 4 are our big needs. Not sure Okoro fits next to RJ due to his lack of a J, but I'm also not convinced RJ is good enough for us to draft based purely on need.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/26/2020  5:18 PM
I'll put out there the comparison of drafting a quarterback in the NFL -- QBs go higher than the "BPA" formula would allow. Does the point guard position have something of the same importance in the NBA -- particularly for the Knicks - -a team without a solid quarterback?
BRIGGS
3/26/2020  8:23 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I'll put out there the comparison of drafting a quarterback in the NFL -- QBs go higher than the "BPA" formula would allow. Does the point guard position have something of the same importance in the NBA -- particularly for the Knicks - -a team without a solid quarterback?

I think so but would not pass on a franchise type player from another position. Also most of these Pgs are way to young to be the guy

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/26/2020  8:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:CBS sports moving Killian Hayes up to 3, Okoro to 4 and Okongwu at 5

Fix seems to think PG and stretch 4 are our big needs. Not sure Okoro fits next to RJ due to his lack of a J, but I'm also not convinced RJ is good enough for us to draft based purely on need.

Would never take Okoro in top 10- the Auburn F.
Oturo the F from Minnesota is a 100% sure fire top 10 pick

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
3/27/2020  5:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

What are your reservations about Okoro?

BRIGGS
3/27/2020  8:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He’s like an iman shumpert pick. Athletic jack of all trades. Master of none. Not a high lottery pick

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/27/2020  11:33 AM
To build a team we need an engine. I’m open to taking two Pgs as well with our picks.

If we got LaMelo ball at 3-4 and Pritchard at 20-25– I’m down with it.

Drafting a young pg will take time but may be a necessary process.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
3/27/2020  2:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He’s like an iman shumpert pick. Athletic jack of all trades. Master of none. Not a high lottery pick

Ack! You've ruined him for me!

wargames
Member: #6053

3/27/2020  5:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2020  5:56 PM
If we move up I would expect us to go after Edwards or Ball.

If we stay at 6 and Hayes is available I would expect them to take him

If Hayes and Ball are taken before our pick I would think they pick the better of Anthony or Haliburton.

If we get pushed down to 8-10 it would be the best of Haliburton (slim chance to still be available), Maxey, or Mannion.

I could definitely see a scenario where the Clippers #27 is used to move up a spot or two for the knicks to have a chance at either Hayes, Ball, Haliburton, and Anthony.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
3/31/2020  1:46 PM
If they skip the rest of the season and go straight to playoffs, I hope the non-playoff teams also get a tournament where the winner gets the number 1 pick in the draft. Maybe split it so the worst 8 teams battle it out for the 1st, and the remaining non play off teams battle it out for the 3rd or 4th or 5th or something. Helps all teams get t the 70 games mark that the league needs for tv rights (or whatever).
BigDaddyG

3/31/2020  3:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

You could say Iman is a floor and Andre Iguadola is a ceiling. I agree, we shouldn't look at Okoro in the top of the draft. Not without extensive workouts. There are good with higher potential that actually fit positional needs we should focus on first.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
3/31/2020  3:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

You could say Iman is a floor and Andre Iguadola is a ceiling. I agree, we shouldn't look at Okoro in the top of the draft. Not without extensive workouts. There are good with higher potential that actually fit positional needs we should focus on first.

Top 5 players in draft
Tier 1. wiseman
Tier 2 Toppin ball Hayes oturu

Would be willing to trade up for wiseman.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

3/31/2020  4:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Top 5 players in draft
Tier 1. wiseman
Tier 2 Toppin ball Hayes oturu

Would be willing to trade up for wiseman.

I'm not that high on Wiseman, and I think Topping will be available in the 5-7 range. My top two are Edwards and Ball. The order after that is fluid. If we get screwed again in the lottery, I think I might favor Cole over Obi. Better upside and he fits a positional need. I always say this, but I think there's probably better value lower in the draft after the top 5 and we should probably trade down of we're stuck at #8 again.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/31/2020  5:43 PM
If a "Wise Man" would speak, you'd listen.
If you can draft a Wise Man, you don't pass that up.
BigDaddyG

3/31/2020  5:57 PM
Nalod wrote:If a "Wise Man" would speak, you'd listen.
If you can draft a Wise Man, you don't pass that up.

True, but there is something to be said about dropping the "Ball."
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/3/2020  12:17 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/3/2020  11:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

At this point because he is with CAA we can assume the Knicks will draft him right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Member: #6053

4/3/2020  10:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

It means Leon had eyes on him prior to his job with us.....

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy