[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/23/2020  11:59 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/03/22/latest-mock-draft-selections-for-the-knicks-what-pundits-predict-new-york-will-do-with-their-two-first-round-picks/#35be8f013417
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/23/2020  1:46 PM
I’m all in on Payton Pritchard
I’m not sure what we’ll do up top but I’m ready to use pick 25 and 34 to move up to 17-21 to get Pritchard. He’s gonna be something between a Steve Nash abd Fred van fleet. It’s the kind of warrior u want.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/23/2020  3:47 PM
https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/nba-draft-prospect-james-wiseman-strong-ripped-gym/539132

Wiseman up to 251 pounds after two months of training. Only 18😳

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/23/2020  5:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/nba-draft-prospect-james-wiseman-strong-ripped-gym/539132

Never was worried about him physically. My questions remain: What does he offer on offense beyond rim running at this point and what role will he eventually play on defense. The minute the opposing team spreads the floor, he becomes a liability at this point.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
3/23/2020  5:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/nba-draft-prospect-james-wiseman-strong-ripped-gym/539132

Never was worried about him physically. My questions remain: What does he offer on offense beyond rim running at this point and what role will he eventually play on defense. The minute the opposing team spreads the floor, he becomes a liability at this point.

I think he really might end up being a franchise player.
He reminds me physically of David Robinson. In his limited pt he shot 70% from the foul line. He’s really quite athletic for that size. He’s ahead of Joel embody at Kansas same time. I mean he’s got it all physically for basketball — just way way too much to pass up. You like the hard work he’s putting in too. U learn hard work from 17-18 you carry it with u.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/23/2020  5:47 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6dtqVon36d/

Here’s a few mid range js that look awful good

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

3/23/2020  6:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2020  6:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think he really might end up being a franchise player.
He reminds me physically of David Robinson. In his limited pt he shot 70% from the foul line. He’s really quite athletic for that size. He’s ahead of Joel embody at Kansas same time. I mean he’s got it all physically for basketball — just way way too much to pass up. You like the hard work he’s putting in too. U learn hard work from 17-18 you carry it with u.

How quickly we forget lol This kid isn't in the same league of Joel Embiid in terms of functional athleticism at the same stage. Joel was doing Euro steps off the dribble at the top of the key in college. Not to mention Joel was more aware defensively and smoother offensively. Those Js Wiseman hit in the highlights you posted were against glorified AAU teams.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
3/23/2020  7:51 PM
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/james-wiseman-1.html

Here’s wisemans advanced abd 40 min stats from his 3 games. Only 3 college games but 99.5% of players never have these kinds of numbers

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

3/24/2020  12:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/james-wiseman-1.html

Here’s wisemans advanced abd 40 min stats from his 3 games. Only 3 college games but 99.5% of players never have these kinds of numbers

Two of those games were against South Carolina State and Illinois-Chicago University He was controlled pretty well in the lone game he had against a real college team. Now, I'm not saying he wouldn't have improved as the season went along. But, unfortunately, he didn't get the opportunity to play and we don't have much to go on. We're all guessing on the amount of improvement he couldo made working out by himself.

BRIGGS
3/24/2020  6:01 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Two of those games were against South Carolina State and Illinois-Chicago University He was controlled pretty well in the lone game he had against a real college team. Now, I'm not saying he wouldn't have improved as the season went along. But, unfortunately, he didn't get the opportunity to play and we don't have much to go on. We're all guessing on the amount of improvement he couldo made working out by himself.

He appears to me as a dominant type physical force. He’s skinny yet 251 pounds. At 7-1 251 hrs already going to be bigger than almost anyone in the nba. But he can move jump run the floor very well. I’m more of n the camp of he’s a can’t miss prospect. I like obi too but he’s not 7-1 251. Probably not a discussion unless we get a top 3 pick however

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/24/2020  12:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He appears to me as a dominant type physical force. He’s skinny yet 251 pounds. At 7-1 251 hrs already going to be bigger than almost anyone in the nba. But he can move jump run the floor very well. I’m more of n the camp of he’s a can’t miss prospect. I like obi too but he’s not 7-1 251. Probably not a discussion unless we get a top 3 pick however

True, were we pick and where he will determine on his combine performance . I suspect there will be a lot of them as there were fewer games. It might help him actually. Won’t sweat him and Mitch as we can develop and trade if need be. Take the best player on the board.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/25/2020  1:06 PM
Schmelik’s Bank Shot pod has Spencer Pearlman on ranking the point guards. Thought this was a very good listen.
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/entercom/the-bank-shot
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2020  1:13 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
3/25/2020  1:25 PM

Yoeli Childs. Athletic 2nd rd steal F

RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/26/2020  10:11 AM
martin wrote:

Sold, this guy has superstar written all over him. Would be the perfect big next to Mitch. The fact he’s a deadly 3 point shooter too, with above the rim athletic ability! I see a amare with a better 3 point shot.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/26/2020  10:18 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:

Sold, this guy has superstar written all over him. Would be the perfect big next to Mitch. The fact he’s a deadly 3 point shooter too, with above the rim athletic ability! I see a amare with a better 3 point shot.

Make sure you also watch the second half of the video where they cover his weaknesses. They are glaring.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/26/2020  10:29 AM
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:

Make sure you also watch the second half of the video where they cover his weaknesses. They are glaring.

Thanks I got so excited by the highlights I didn’t watch the weakness part.

BRIGGS
3/26/2020  10:41 AM
Unless I got Wiseman or Toppin— I’d trade down to 13-17 and see if I can either trade for a good young player or a future draft package and take Pritchard.

So for me it’s
#1 Wiseman
#2 Toppin
#3 trade down for Pritchard

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/26/2020  11:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Unless I got Wiseman or Toppin— I’d trade down to 13-17 and see if I can either trade for a good young player or a future draft package and take Pritchard.

So for me it’s
#1 Wiseman
#2 Toppin

So lets assume we have the 5th-6th-7th pick. To trade "down" a team will need a desire to "Trade up".
What is this mystical team finding that they would be motivated to do such a thing? What is the price willing to pay ton incentivize us to "Trade down"?
We have three picks, what if we trade up from the bottom, say trade a second and late first for a mid round. Thus, we have our pick, and this mystical 13-17 pick as well?

Im not being a total dyck here, (Just a bit of one), but your kind of ininuating that you understand over the masses its a three player draft with a fall off. Im not in disagreement but whats the prize and are other teams incentivized to do it? Im not professing to be able to do better, but im not the one simplifying the trade to a simple transaction. I like to think a good trader knows what his trading partner wants/needs.

BRIGGS
3/26/2020  11:53 AM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Unless I got Wiseman or Toppin— I’d trade down to 13-17 and see if I can either trade for a good young player or a future draft package and take Pritchard.

So for me it’s
#1 Wiseman
#2 Toppin

So lets assume we have the 5th-6th-7th pick. To trade "down" a team will need a desire to "Trade up".
What is this mystical team finding that they would be motivated to do such a thing? What is the price willing to pay ton incentivize us to "Trade down"?
We have three picks, what if we trade up from the bottom, say trade a second and late first for a mid round. Thus, we have our pick, and this mystical 13-17 pick as well?

Im not being a total dyck here, (Just a bit of one), but your kind of ininuating that you understand over the masses its a three player draft with a fall off. Im not in disagreement but whats the prize and are other teams incentivized to do it? Im not professing to be able to do better, but im not the one simplifying the trade to a simple transaction. I like to think a good trader knows what his trading partner wants/needs.

That’s just my thought process — maybe a younger pg with perceived higher value but I want Pritchard for the Knicks— he’s my number 1.

Could I trade down 6-8 spots abd get something of value? I’m sure u can although not guaranteed. As much as I like Pritchard I’d taken him 8 if I had to.

RIP Crushalot😞
Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy