[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/22/2020  8:22 PM
I know his dad freaking sucks but LaMelo Ball looks reeeeeally good despite the ugly shot.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/22/2020  9:58 PM
I listened to a KnicksFanTV podcast with Corey "Homicide" Williams. He does the color commentary down there. He said Ball's shooting percentages picked up considerably after the first few weeks, meaning he went from god awful to just bad. He also mentioned Ball was breaking down players who had stints in the NBA (shout out to Scott Machado). Of course, not much too say about his D. I remember RJ Hampton was the more celebrated of the two when they signed. RJ hardly gets mentioned now.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2020  11:39 PM
Haliburton would be a great fit next to Barrett.
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/22/2020  11:39 PM
LaMelo Ball is not impressive at all.

Not impressed at all with his performances against talent that isn't even G-League level.

This draft is going to be a weak one.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/23/2020  3:56 AM
Knixkik wrote:Haliburton would be a great fit next to Barrett.

Yes!

smackeddog
1/23/2020  4:02 AM
The other three main PG prospects are:

Nico Mannion (I think he's the best shooter out of these)

Killian Hayes:

And Cole Anthony who I've completely gone off, but suspect is our scouting departments type of player type of player:

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2020  9:57 AM
Shame Lavar has his sons not finishing what they started.
Lonzo is developing nicely and predictively has reduced his exposure to his dad.
I'd have to really dive into Lamelo's character. The talent might be there but what is the kid made of?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/23/2020  10:32 AM
Nalod wrote:Shame Lavar has his sons not finishing what they started.
Lonzo is developing nicely and predictively has reduced his exposure to his dad.
I'd have to really dive into Lamelo's character. The talent might be there but what is the kid made of?
he's a good prospect but is NEVER healthy
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/23/2020  11:04 AM
I want knock down shooters. I don't care what position. just knock down shooters.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2020  11:49 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I want knock down shooters. I don't care what position. just knock down shooters.

You want Tyrese Haliburton. Perfect next to RJ or Frank.

Dude's eFG% are insane, and so are his assist numbers and the players on his team kinda suck

And he plays defense.

I'm still not sure why he isn't rated higher but maybe it's cause he is not a super elite athlete with the dunk highlights

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/23/2020  12:24 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I want knock down shooters. I don't care what position. just knock down shooters.

Dude's eFG% are insane, and so are his assist numbers and the players on his team kinda suck

And he plays defense.

I'm still not sure why he isn't rated higher but maybe it's cause he is not a super elite athlete with the dunk highlights

Oh man. Just saw some of his highlights. He would look great with RJ and/or Frank. Having them as your 1,2,3 would be lockdown.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/23/2020  12:33 PM
martin wrote:

And he plays defense.

His place will be determined by his athletic measurements I think. If he's an NBA athlete+ he's gonna a top 5 pick. Only way he drops a bit is if he tests below NBA average (which is obviously elite to start with).

Maybe THIS is the year we get lucky, win #1, trade down to 3 and get a future star PG and some other juicy asset. MAYYYY BEEEEE

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

1/23/2020  1:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Haliburton would be a great fit next to Barrett.

Yes!

Is he half a step too slow for PG? I said in another thread he reminded of Brogdan with his shot selection and his ability to use pace and physical tools to get in the paint. In Brogdan's case, he u uses his build. In Haliburton's case, it's the length. They both have funky releases on their J and Haliburton probably has better vision. It's just hard to tell how well all those skills (and weaknesses) will translate.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/23/2020  1:03 PM
want/need well rounded pg: IQ and shooting a must; defense mandatory
(5)(5)
houston20
Member: #8797

1/23/2020  1:07 PM
LAMELO needs to go to small market team like his brother lonzo is in new orleans work on his game because the big cities cause those kids major distractions. Plus lavar ball is dumb idiot just ask laker fans how happy they are to get away from his drama.
BigDaddyG

1/23/2020  11:40 PM
smackeddog
1/24/2020  4:02 AM
I wonder how/ if firing Mills will effect the draft- if they fire him and Perry at the end of the season, I'm presuming someone like Alan Houston would be put in charge of the draft until/if we find a replacement. I'm still haunted by the draft where we picked Weis instead of Artest because we had no proper GM in place
BigDaddyG

1/24/2020  3:12 PM
smackeddog wrote:I wonder how/ if firing Mills will effect the draft- if they fire him and Perry at the end of the season, I'm presuming someone like Alan Houston would be put in charge of the draft until/if we find a replacement. I'm still haunted by the draft where we picked Weis instead of Artest because we had no proper GM in place

They said they questioned Ron's heart after he backed out of a workout with Marion. I suspect they did a background check and thought Ron's "issues" would be exacerbated if he stayed home.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2020  3:43 PM
Ed Tapscott!!!!!!!

Via wiki......

Tapscott received his bachelor's degree from Tufts University and his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from American University Washington College of Law. He was an assistant to Gary Williams at American University in the 1970s while a law student, and took over head coaching duties in 1982. By the time Tapscott left American in 1990 to finally use his J.D. as director of team sports for Advantage International (a sports marketing and management firm), he was the coach with the 2nd highest winning percentage.

He subsequently led the team to one of the program's biggest victories. On December 15, 1982, in his fifth game as coach Tapscott guided the Eagles to a 62-61 upset over its cross-town rival Georgetown who were led by Patrick Ewing and ranked fifth in the nation.[4] The game is also notable because the Washington Cardiovascular Institute had given the coach a portable heart monitor to wear during the game, with his heart rate jumping from a pregame rate of 68 to 130 to 170 in the second half.[5] Tapscott almost scored another upset over a highly ranked Georgetown four years later but the Reggie Williams-led Hoyas held on 62-59 and Coach John Thompson dropped American University from its schedule thereafter.[6]

An NBA executive level professional for years, Tapscott was the first employee hired to lead the Charlotte Bobcats as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, but resigned after serving as President and Chief Executive Officer in 2006.

Tapscott formerly worked in the New York Knicks’ front office, including a stint as interim president and general manager. He’s perhaps best remembered in New York for the 1999 drafting of French center Frederic Weis who never played a game in the NBA, but much less credited for formulating the New York Knicks team, which culminated its season in the 1999 NBA Finals.

On November 24, 2008, Tapscott, at that time director of player development, was named as interim head coach, replacing Eddie Jordan after a dismal 1–10 start during the season. General manager of the Wizards, Ernie Grunfeld, stated that Tapscott will run the team for the rest of the season.[7]

Tapscott made his professional coaching debut against the Golden State Warriors on November 25, 2008, a game which resulted in a win. Under Tapscott, the Wizards accrued an 18-53 record in the 2008-2009 season.

After Flip Saunders was hired as coach of the Wizards, Tapscott returned to his position as the team's Director of Player Development.

Interim coach for one taking over a bad team. On paper, the guy can coach and earned his JD. I respect that. Drafting Weis........Not so much.
Shame we judge a mans career on one mistake.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/24/2020  4:17 PM
Chandler wrote:want/need well rounded pg: IQ and shooting a must; defense mandatory

As far as each of those attributes, that's really only Haliburton in the draft, or VanVleet in free agency. Ball can't shoot, Cole Anthony doesn't really defend, Mannion can't defend, etc. Only Haliburton possesses all of those qualities.

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy