1/15/2020  1:06 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/15/2020  1:14 PM
The kid is spectacularly adapting in every phase in the most unspectacularly way. Age wise he is 19, should be a Freshman in college. THis is a kid age wise "out of high school" and has shown physical and mental toughness seemingly improving each week.
He is not a phenom type hype machine but perhaps the most important Rookie we have had since Ewing. KP was, but he fizzled on us. This kid is a killer.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2020  1:23 PM
Nalod wrote:The kid is spectacularly adapting in every phase in the most unspectacularly way. Age wise he is 19, should be a Freshman in college. THis is a kid age wise "out of high school" and has shown physical and mental toughness seemingly improving each week.
He is not a phenom type hype machine but perhaps the most important Rookie we have had since Ewing. KP was, but he fizzled on us. This kid is a killer.

I like that

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/15/2020  1:29 PM
He's been really good. We need to put the right players around him to maximize his talent. He can be a star in a couple of years if we do that.
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/15/2020  1:43 PM
Is RJs future at the 2 or do you think he can be a starting SF?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/15/2020  2:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:Is RJs future at the 2 or do you think he can be a starting SF?

Imo would be better for him and the team for him to lineup as SF. Would prefer better ball handler at the 2. He also isn't super quick but more of a bull. But at SF he would still be pretty quick while also being strong enough. He is also 19 and already built pretty sturdy. When he is in his 20s he may become even .ore of a tank.

A 1 & 2 with handle and quickness with Barrett on the wing would be my vision personally.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
1/15/2020  2:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Is RJs future at the 2 or do you think he can be a starting SF?

Imo would be better for him and the team for him to lineup as SF. Would prefer better ball handler at the 2. He also isn't super quick but more of a bull. But at SF he would still be pretty quick while also being strong enough. He is also 19 and already built pretty sturdy. When he is in his 20s he may become even .ore of a tank.

A 1 & 2 with handle and quickness with Barrett on the wing would be my vision personally.

Yeah i see him more as a 3, but at the same time it really doesn't matter as long as the wing next to him is fast and can shoot.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/15/2020  2:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I agree, I can get enthusiastic about him as a SF, but I’m worried if he’s our SG

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/15/2020  3:19 PM
"They" have been talking RJ adding some wiggle to his game. He plays a methodical brand of basketball. I'm not sure if he has stiff hips or if he just needs to get a little more shiftiness, flare and deception to his game.

He's able to play big minutes and not get too worn down because he's very economical with his movements. The downside to that is that he's a bit predictable. Prior to the season he was working on this. Maybe by next year, he'll have gained more wiggle to his game and be more like a lefty Brandon Roy or Clyde Drexler. Those guys were 22 and 21 respectively.

To be honest, I didn't expect RJ to have such a hard time with his FG%... then again, once we start looking at his numbers post-Fizdale, they've been on the up and up.

Definitely starting level talent; not sure about his best position, but he (at worst) looks like a guy who'll be in consideration for an all-star spot one day.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
martin
USA
1/15/2020  3:23 PM
technomaster wrote:"They" have been talking RJ adding some wiggle to his game. He plays a methodical brand of basketball. I'm not sure if he has stiff hips or if he just needs to get a little more shiftiness, flare and deception to his game.

He's able to play big minutes and not get too worn down because he's very economical with his movements. The downside to that is that he's a bit predictable. Prior to the season he was working on this. Maybe by next year, he'll have gained more wiggle to his game and be more like a lefty Brandon Roy or Clyde Drexler. Those guys were 22 and 21 respectively.

To be honest, I didn't expect RJ to have such a hard time with his FG%... then again, once we start looking at his numbers post-Fizdale, they've been on the up and up.

Definitely starting level talent; not sure about his best position, but he (at worst) looks like a guy who'll be in consideration for an all-star spot one day.

You must not have seen his college games or scouting, cause it was glaring.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/15/2020  4:40 PM
RJ should be just fine. Maybe he hasn't produced like we all hoped but I see no reason why he couldn't in the future. I am not concerned and have been happy with his rookie year. His percentages need to go up but I am happy with everything else, as opposed to Knox, who needs to drastically improve his percentages and everything else
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
USA
1/15/2020  5:34 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:RJ should be just fine. Maybe he hasn't produced like we all hoped but I see no reason why he couldn't in the future. I am not concerned and have been happy with his rookie year. His percentages need to go up but I am happy with everything else, as opposed to Knox, who needs to drastically improve his percentages and everything else

I think for the most part he’s producing like most would hope or expect as a rookie.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/15/2020  6:47 PM
RJ is a Pippen clone. He will never have that wiggle but he needs to work on his footwork
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/15/2020  7:28 PM
i love this guy. let him grow with mitch, knox, randle, elfrid, frank and dot. mix in some draft picks and signings and let mike coach them . . . and rebecca interview them!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/15/2020  7:49 PM
Marv wrote:i love this guy. let him grow with mitch, knox, randle, elfrid, frank and dot. mix in some draft picks and signings and let mike coach them . . . and rebecca interview them!

We might have to upgrade Rebecca to a newer model by the time crew is ready. We'll also have Wally doing play by play with Green to look forward to.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
1/15/2020  7:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:i love this guy. let him grow with mitch, knox, randle, elfrid, frank and dot. mix in some draft picks and signings and let mike coach them . . . and rebecca interview them!

We might have to upgrade Rebecca to a newer model by the time crew is ready.

Dude!?!?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/15/2020  8:12 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Dude!?!?
Ban material right there
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/15/2020  9:00 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Dude!?!?
Ban material right there

Hahaha...I'm just saying...we don't want to hang on to long like the Yankees did with Susan Waldman...no position is safe

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/16/2020  4:48 AM
Very happy with him

He should stay at the 2. moving to 3 would be a classic Knicks mistake (like moving Frank off point). RJ's strength is his version of bullyball which is more effective against 2s than larger 3s

(5)(5)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/16/2020  6:42 AM
Chandler wrote:Very happy with him

He should stay at the 2. moving to 3 would be a classic Knicks mistake (like moving Frank off point). RJ's strength is his version of bullyball which is more effective against 2s than larger 3s

I've wanted him to play sf because we I think we'd be better off playing more small ball with better shooters and ball handlers.

I don't really understand why it doesn't seem like we've down that.

And I don't think it would be a mistake- certainly not in the same league as having RJ start and play as your PG!

RJ, nothing eye popping but super solid as of late

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy