Member: #508
USA
1/29/2020  2:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
When asked about the point guard rotation on Tuesday after the game, Miller indicated that his decision had more to do with the Knicks having fresh legs for Tuesday and Wednesday's back-to-back games.

"I thought Dennis played well. With the back-to-backs and playing against the quick guards that we're going to see the next two nights, we felt like this was a good time to give him a chance," Miller told reporters in Charlotte. "The game dictated that. To have a chance earlier in the game as opposed to coming in at the very end was a better situation, I think."

Really Mike...I guess you can't come out and say we were show casing DSJ or I have been instructed by management

All I'm saying is one of those guys has to get a DNP-CD when the other plays, neither one can guard the 2G position anyway and neither of them is instant offense, so short stints won't benefit anyone.

Wait, who is the other player who shouldn't get minutes when DSJr does? Frank, right?

It's weird that you mention that neither can guard the 2G position, as Charlotte plays 2 PGs anyway. And it's also weird that short stint won't benefit anyone. CAUSE IT DID EXACTLY THAT. IT BENEFITED THE TEAM.

Frank came in at 2G position and immediately cause havoc defensively, he subbed in for Bullock who was playing poorly. He also hit the ONE shot he was given in that time period, a 3pointer.

Frank came in and did exactly the opposite of what you suggested couldn't happen.

But for a lousy recall against a Morris 3point shot where he was fouled, Mike Miller tactically coached this perfectly, and literally in the opposite way you suggest should happen.

I can't believe this is Bazzarro world.

Are you watching the games?

Are you really justifying the move like he should continue to do that.

Both frank and DSJ are not the answer to any of our PG problems and you know it

Monk had one of the best game he's had in weeks and our guards made Rozier looked like a damn all star, and here you are acting as if we have a solid PG rotation....Thats Bazzaro

You always sound like a HOMER (especially when it comes to frank), I can't believe your defending this as if we have been successful doing it..you make every excuse in the world for frank, or any player the knicks drafted..Never hold accountability, just like the FO

Dude, are you LITERALLY this dumb?

I guess I don't mind the complaining that a lot of us do - there is good reason for it and the Knicks have sucked for waaayyy too long - but I am absolutely done with the posts you are making, feel like they are very much in bad faith and pull the total IQ of the whole forums down a lot.

knicks1248, you need to step up or find another home.

wait, are you serious.

so because you think one way, we should all think like MARTIN or our comments are dumb...

You said my comments was dumb going all way back to when i said woodson needs to go months before it happen, same with Fisher, rambis, KP, JH, even Fizdale, then when it actually happens you won't even man-up..

you think i'm being negative, but when you are die hard GREENBAY Packer and yankee fan for over 20 yrs, and you watch very closely to how those franchises operate, it just kills me to see the knicks do the opposite of what other successful franchise do

It's a forum to discuss what you like, dislike, or agree with. I don't take anything on any forum personal, its actually amusing to some degree...at the end of the day it just sports, which will always be debated until the end of time..

So lighting up dude

You make up dumb shyt. Nobody is saying its about agreement. Lot of folk here don't agree. Its not being a denial optimist or a Mills is crap pessimist.
He is trying to tell you to not make up dumb shyt. We all get things wrong. Its easy to say "Woops", Or apologize, or that you missed something.
Its not you. Its your posts. Nobody here knows the inner thoughts of players or FO.
Nobody is telling you to think like me or Martin. But you really don't absorb sometimes what is FACT.

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/29/2020  2:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
When asked about the point guard rotation on Tuesday after the game, Miller indicated that his decision had more to do with the Knicks having fresh legs for Tuesday and Wednesday's back-to-back games.

"I thought Dennis played well. With the back-to-backs and playing against the quick guards that we're going to see the next two nights, we felt like this was a good time to give him a chance," Miller told reporters in Charlotte. "The game dictated that. To have a chance earlier in the game as opposed to coming in at the very end was a better situation, I think."

Really Mike...I guess you can't come out and say we were show casing DSJ or I have been instructed by management

All I'm saying is one of those guys has to get a DNP-CD when the other plays, neither one can guard the 2G position anyway and neither of them is instant offense, so short stints won't benefit anyone.

Wait, who is the other player who shouldn't get minutes when DSJr does? Frank, right?

It's weird that you mention that neither can guard the 2G position, as Charlotte plays 2 PGs anyway. And it's also weird that short stint won't benefit anyone. CAUSE IT DID EXACTLY THAT. IT BENEFITED THE TEAM.

Frank came in at 2G position and immediately cause havoc defensively, he subbed in for Bullock who was playing poorly. He also hit the ONE shot he was given in that time period, a 3pointer.

Frank came in and did exactly the opposite of what you suggested couldn't happen.

But for a lousy recall against a Morris 3point shot where he was fouled, Mike Miller tactically coached this perfectly, and literally in the opposite way you suggest should happen.

Are you watching the games?Jeff CapelJeff CapelJeff Capel

Monk had one of the best game he's had in weeks and our guards made Rozier looked like a damn all star, and here you are acting as if we have a solid PG rotation....Thats Bazzaro

You always sound like a HOMER (especially when it comes to frank), I can't believe your defending this as if we have been successful doing it..you make every excuse in the world for frank, or any player the knicks drafted..Never hold accountability, just like the FO

I guess I don't mind the complaining that a lot of us do - there is good reason for it and the Knicks have sucked for waaayyy too long - but I am absolutely done with the posts you are making, feel like they are very much in bad faith and pull the total IQ of the whole forums down a lot.

wait, are you serious.

so because you think one way, we should all think like MARTIN or our comments are dumb...

You said my comments was dumb going all way back to when i said woodson needs to go months before it happen, same with Fisher, rambis, KP, JH, even Fizdale, then when it actually happens you won't even man-up..

you think i'm being negative, but when you are die hard GREENBAY Packer and yankee fan for over 20 yrs, and you watch very closely to how those franchises operate, it just kills me to see the knicks do the opposite of what other successful franchise do

It's a forum to discuss what you like, dislike, or agree with. I don't tJeff Capelake anything on any forum personal, its actually amusing to some degree...at the end of the day it just sports, which will always be debated until the end of time..

So lighting up dude

preach on! All you mofos need to lighting up

I don't know. What exactly are we lighting up?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/29/2020  3:04 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Are you watching the games?Jeff CapelJeff CapelJeff Capel

wait, are you serious.

It's a forum to discuss what you like, dislike, or agree with. I don't tJeff Capelake anything on any forum personal, its actually amusing to some degree...at the end of the day it just sports, which will always be debated until the end of time..

So lighting up dude

preach on! All you mofos need to lighting up

I don't know. What exactly are we lighting up?

who cares? 1248 is on a roll
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/8/2020  10:05 PM
Worth a bump....
Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/8/2020  10:08 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Worth a bump....

13-18 baby!

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
BillTheButcher
Member: #6326

2/8/2020  10:23 PM
I honestly believe if we started the year with Miller as our coach we would have enough wins for that 8th seed.
[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
WP76
Member: #4508

2/8/2020  10:36 PM
BillTheButcher wrote:I honestly believe if we started the year with Miller as our coach we would have enough wins for that 8th seed.

This...or we'd be, at worst, within a game or two of the final spot.

In other good news, Calipari says he has no interest in coaching the Knicks. He's a great recruiter (UK is a mecca for blue chippers) but he's mediocre as a tactical coach. The reality is that he wins a lot of games with overwhelming talent but he's generally screwed if he actually has to coach against a comparably talented team.
That's why he failed so badly in his one stint as an NBA coach and why I'd want no part of him coaching in NY.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/8/2020  11:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2020  11:52 PM
WP76 wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:I honestly believe if we started the year with Miller as our coach we would have enough wins for that 8th seed.

In other good news, Calipari says he has no interest in coaching the Knicks. He's a great recruiter (UK is a mecca for blue chippers) but he's mediocre as a tactical coach. The reality is that he wins a lot of games with overwhelming talent but he's generally screwed if he actually has to coach against a comparably talented team.
That's why he failed so badly in his one stint as an NBA coach and why I'd want no part of him coaching in NY.

I think he wants to be GM.
He said he would help Rose in any way except for Coaching.
For a guy with his Resume (and salary) the only position he could take with us is GM.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
2/9/2020  8:26 AM
Maybe Miller is the next Mark Jax. In a good way. Maybe he is the guy that develops the team but can’t get them to the next level.
Jax got them to 55 wins. Gentry was the guy that did real good, COY, but not to the championship level. Nurse did. I don’t see this happening anytime soon so he could be here a while. Maybe miller can take it al the way to a chip. Jax had the chance as did Gentry. I’m encouraged.
WP76
Member: #4508

2/9/2020  10:40 AM
Sambakick wrote:
WP76 wrote:

I think he wants to be GM.
He said he would help Rose in any way except for Coaching.
For a guy with his Resume (and salary) the only position he could take with us is GM.

Good thing, because in this league you can't recruit your way to a 90% (or whatever it is) winning percentage.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/9/2020  11:53 AM
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Schedule is a bit soft over the next few wks, if mike wants to keep his position long term, now is the time. Hopefully we can win the next 10 out of 13..

the last time you posted something like this, the knicks promptly lost 9 of 10 and fizdale was gone!

I like what I have seen from Miller. Are there better coaches? Absolutely. But, will there be any available this summer? And would we be able to land one? And, are they a better fit than Miller is for the group we have, and at the early stage of rebuilding we are at?

The schedule is definitely playing part of the win streak, but miller has still look solid, payton is a big factor.

Going for 5 tonight

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/9/2020  12:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2020  12:08 PM
Will be interesting to hear what Rose thinks of the job Miller is doing as interim HC . When he does his first presser. Probably wants most of his team in place first so he can introduce them.

A vote of confidence in Miller would be nice to hear, although it wouldnt necessarily mean that Miller would be hired as a full time HC. Would be PO'd if Miller was let go to bring in Mark Jackson. His ISO ball is as relevant as the Triangle.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
2/9/2020  12:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Will be interesting to hear what Rose thinks of the job Miller is doing as interim HC . When he does his first presser. Probably wants most of his team in place first so he can introduce them.

A vote of confidence in Miller would be nice to hear, although it wouldnt necessarily mean that Miller would be hired as a full time HC. Would be PO'd if Miller was let go to bring in Mark Jackson. His ISO ball is as relevant as the Triangle.

The Jax thing wears tied to Kleinman not Rose. The whole “he who he who he tight thing” is a bit over the top. I would hope rose is more about the right people than demonstrating loyalty. Could be a while until the official announcement is done. IN fact, since we have no official word its not a done deal. Things blow up. His departure with CAA I would assume wouldn’t have kinks in it but one never knows.

Assuming he does come, and if it was today he would no doubt compliment “Coach miller” and side step the “Interim” label with “we’ll look at everything” kind of brush. He should keep his options open and not commit to Miller even if thats his guy. Same with Perry. But........
IF There is a determination that these guys are his going forward then its less of a circus and says more about the culture if they continue with Miller and Perry. If their reputations are solid, then the less change the better. We are trying to build stability.
Nalod does not care about brand names who did things elsewhere. I wants results here. PRevious experiences don’t follow, its a whole new chess game going forward.
LIke wise can Miller handle the big name egos as has with this group? He has no all stars and his Gleague/NCAA experiences don’t have that. I’m not hating on the guy but that’s what you need.
As for Calipari I would not hold his Nets experience as a negative. At the same time his gift seems to recruit and prepare them for the NBA. Rose knows the deal with all these guys. He must have strong sense of a plan and demonstrate something in the interview process. I would think more than just Dolan was in the room when those talks took place.
I would hope.

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/9/2020  12:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2020  2:26 PM
Nalod wrote:Maybe Miller is the next Mark Jax. In a good way. Maybe he is the guy that develops the team but can’t get them to the next level.
Jax got them to 55 wins. Gentry was the guy that did real good, COY, but not to the championship level. Nurse did. I don’t see this happening anytime soon so he could be here a while. Maybe miller can take it al the way to a chip. Jax had the chance as did Gentry. I’m encouraged.

Did you mean Casey rather than gentry?

Enough w mark Jackson!! He was a cheerleader not a coach

He should be embarrassed at how many wins Kerr added to the same squad

Should be self imposed exile

(5)(5)
GustavBahler

2/9/2020  1:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2020  1:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Will be interesting to hear what Rose thinks of the job Miller is doing as interim HC . When he does his first presser. Probably wants most of his team in place first so he can introduce them.

The Jax thing wears tied to Kleinman not Rose. The whole “he who he who he tight thing” is a bit over the top. I would hope rose is more about the right people than demonstrating loyalty. Could be a while until the official announcement is done. IN fact, since we have no official word its not a done deal. Things blow up. His departure with CAA I would assume wouldn’t have kinks in it but one never knows.

Assuming he does come, and if it was today he would no doubt compliment “Coach miller” and side step the “Interim” label with “we’ll look at everything” kind of brush. He should keep his options open and not commit to Miller even if thats his guy. Same with Perry. But........
IF There is a determination that these guys are his going forward then its less of a circus and says more about the culture if they continue with Miller and Perry. If their reputations are solid, then the less change the better. We are trying to build stability.
Nalod does not care about brand names who did things elsewhere. I wants results here. PRevious experiences don’t follow, its a whole new chess game going forward.
LIke wise can Miller handle the big name egos as has with this group? He has no all stars and his Gleague/NCAA experiences don’t have that. I’m not hating on the guy but that’s what you need.
As for Calipari I would not hold his Nets experience as a negative. At the same time his gift seems to recruit and prepare them for the NBA. Rose knows the deal with all these guys. He must have strong sense of a plan and demonstrate something in the interview process. I would think more than just Dolan was in the room when those talks took place.
I would hope.

Wasnt talking about any connection between them other than a NY connection. More of an answer to the question of how to generate some buzz in NY, nevermind the bball argument. Cue the "Coming Home Jax video (2020 remix)

If it is true that Rose isnt big on details, keeping Perry and Miller where they are would be in his best interest. They're both detail oriented.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2020  1:23 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/9/2020  1:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:If it is true that Rose isnt big on details, keeping Perry and Miller where they are would be in his best interest. They're both detail oriented.

Yeah I wouldn’t take one out of context quote from an anonymous source from an article looking for clickbait type reaction and run with it.

High level, wildly successful people know a ****-ton about details.

GustavBahler

2/9/2020  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2020  1:43 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If it is true that Rose isnt big on details, keeping Perry and Miller where they are would be in his best interest. They're both detail oriented.

Yeah I wouldn’t take one out of context quote from an anonymous source from an article looking for clickbait type reaction and run with it.

High level, wildly successful people know a ****-ton about details.

If I "ran with it" I would have stated it as a fact, not raised as a hypothetical. Plenty of talented and successful people have blown fortunes because they werent big on details. Rose might be a big picture kind of exec, which is a good reason to keep people around him that do sweat the details. All I said.

martin
USA
2/9/2020  1:45 PM
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/9/2020  1:50 PM
martin wrote:

Win streak continues even after we traded our top
player away!

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Mike Miller Appreciation Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy