[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Miller Appreciation Thread
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/17/2020  2:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:Fizdale made me bump this.

Idk, Mike didn't do himself any favors with a blow out loss at home against a lottery bound Suns team.

I have a feeling dolan is cleaning house at season end

ES
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/17/2020  2:43 PM
make's sense. Fizdale is no doubt curious how Miller deals with the poor PG play, especially now that "start RJ at PG" option off the table.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2020  2:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Idk, Mike didn't do himself any favors with a blow out loss at home against a lottery bound Suns team.

PHX is 2.5 games out of 8th seed tied with Portland And a half game behind SAS. They are6-4 in their last 10. Ayton missed first 25 games. They have Booker. They have a very good coach. They are 8-10 on the road.
You sound like we lost to lowly lottery team and call us delusional.

We are 11-31. Your drunk uncle “feeling” Dolan is going to clean house is akin to some bravado of pride that your somehow see what others can’t. Like your the only one in the room that sees the team is losing.

No Shyt.

The only doubts I have about this is the notion that Dolan usually gets it wrong. The fact your endorsing it make me doubt it even more so.

Nalod
USA
1/19/2020  10:04 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

The Lottery bound Suns beat the Suns on the road. Booker had a monster game.
That feeling, thats remembering Phil wanted to trade KP and try to get Booker.

knicks1248
1/27/2020  2:38 PM
Schedule is a bit soft over the next few wks, if mike wants to keep his position long term, now is the time. Hopefully we can win the next 10 out of 13..
ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/27/2020  10:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Schedule is a bit soft over the next few wks, if mike wants to keep his position long term, now is the time. Hopefully we can win the next 10 out of 13..

the last time you posted something like this, the knicks promptly lost 9 of 10 and fizdale was gone!

I like what I have seen from Miller. Are there better coaches? Absolutely. But, will there be any available this summer? And would we be able to land one? And, are they a better fit than Miller is for the group we have, and at the early stage of rebuilding we are at?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/28/2020  11:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Schedule is a bit soft over the next few wks, if mike wants to keep his position long term, now is the time. Hopefully we can win the next 10 out of 13..

The curse of the 10 games...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2020  11:53 AM

you think that is reasonable, 10-3?

Pacers twice, @76ers, @Rockets, Grizz to name a few.

Any stretch of 10 games at .500 is good ball for the Knicks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
1/28/2020  3:40 PM
martin wrote:

Well if miller wants to keep is job you would think a few impressive wins is a start..

I'm also hoping we get Rj and DSJ back in the mix.

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/28/2020  3:41 PM
martin wrote:

After expected first half of the season needed for a bunch of strangers to become a team 50% is a possibility.
10 wins in first half and 20 in second was kind of expected.
However it depends on the deadline trades if any.
If we will stay pat 15-20 wins is reasonable expectation.
If we will unload bodies for picks and garbage it will be another 10 wins max.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
1/28/2020  10:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2020  10:45 PM
These are the games that Mike miller has to deliver on, this team just lost 3 straight(hornets) games by 20 or more points, and they looked at us like a easy win

The point guard situation is really bad,he tries to play it of like he knows how to use each of them, but it's impossible when none of them can shoot.

Either he is proven that this roster is super bad, or he is not that good of a head coach..

wtf was the purpose of playing a player 3 mins, and it wasn't garbage min, your back up pg should be playing 20 mins or more.. just play 2 in order for them to get into a rhythm or some kind of flow or just establish a role

ES
martin
USA
1/28/2020  10:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:These are the games that Mike miller has to deliver on, this team just lost 3 straight(hornets) games by 20 or more points, and they looked at us like a easy win

The point guard situation is really bad,he tries to play it of like he knows how to use each of them, but it's impossible when none of them can shoot.

Either he is proven that this roster is super bad, or he is not that good of a head coach..

wtf was the purpose of playing a player 3 mins, and it wasn't garbage min, your back up pg should be playing 20 mins or more.. just play 2 in order for them to get into a rhythm or some kind of flow or just establish a role

Were you watching the game on MSG? Breen kept repeating the answer even though it was completely obvious to everyone but you?

Nalod
USA
1/28/2020  11:41 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:These are the games that Mike miller has to deliver on, this team just lost 3 straight(hornets) games by 20 or more points, and they looked at us like a easy win

Were you watching the game on MSG? Breen kept repeating the answer even though it was completely obvious to everyone but you?

Martin, I was at the game and did not hear Breen. Can you please repeat what Breen said? Thank you.

knicks1248
1/29/2020  8:10 AM
When asked about the point guard rotation on Tuesday after the game, Miller indicated that his decision had more to do with the Knicks having fresh legs for Tuesday and Wednesday's back-to-back games.

"I thought Dennis played well. With the back-to-backs and playing against the quick guards that we're going to see the next two nights, we felt like this was a good time to give him a chance," Miller told reporters in Charlotte. "The game dictated that. To have a chance earlier in the game as opposed to coming in at the very end was a better situation, I think."

Really Mike...I guess you can't come out and say we were show casing DSJ or I have been instructed by management

All I'm saying is one of those guys has to get a DNP-CD when the other plays, neither one can guard the 2G position anyway and neither of them is instant offense, so short stints won't benefit anyone.

ES
martin
USA
1/29/2020  10:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
When asked about the point guard rotation on Tuesday after the game, Miller indicated that his decision had more to do with the Knicks having fresh legs for Tuesday and Wednesday's back-to-back games.

"I thought Dennis played well. With the back-to-backs and playing against the quick guards that we're going to see the next two nights, we felt like this was a good time to give him a chance," Miller told reporters in Charlotte. "The game dictated that. To have a chance earlier in the game as opposed to coming in at the very end was a better situation, I think."

Really Mike...I guess you can't come out and say we were show casing DSJ or I have been instructed by management

All I'm saying is one of those guys has to get a DNP-CD when the other plays, neither one can guard the 2G position anyway and neither of them is instant offense, so short stints won't benefit anyone.

Wait, who is the other player who shouldn't get minutes when DSJr does? Frank, right?

It's weird that you mention that neither can guard the 2G position, as Charlotte plays 2 PGs anyway. And it's also weird that short stint won't benefit anyone. CAUSE IT DID EXACTLY THAT. IT BENEFITED THE TEAM.

Frank came in at 2G position and immediately cause havoc defensively, he subbed in for Bullock who was playing poorly. He also hit the ONE shot he was given in that time period, a 3pointer.

Frank came in and did exactly the opposite of what you suggested couldn't happen.

But for a lousy recall against a Morris 3point shot where he was fouled, Mike Miller tactically coached this perfectly, and literally in the opposite way you suggest should happen.

I can't believe this is Bazzarro world.

Are you watching the games?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/29/2020  10:28 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wait, who is the other player who shouldn't get minutes when DSJr does? Frank, right?

It's weird that you mention that neither can guard the 2G position, as Charlotte plays 2 PGs anyway. And it's also weird that short stint won't benefit anyone. CAUSE IT DID EXACTLY THAT. IT BENEFITED THE TEAM.

Frank came in at 2G position and immediately cause havoc defensively, he subbed in for Bullock who was playing poorly. He also hit the ONE shot he was given in that time period, a 3pointer.

Frank came in and did exactly the opposite of what you suggested couldn't happen.

But for a lousy recall against a Morris 3point shot where he was fouled, Mike Miller tactically coached this perfectly, and literally in the opposite way you suggest should happen.

He is watching the games with anti-Frank filter.

knicks1248
1/29/2020  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2020  11:10 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Are you really justifying the move like he should continue to do that.

Both frank and DSJ are not the answer to any of our PG problems and you know it

Monk had one of the best game he's had in weeks and our guards made Rozier looked like a damn all star, and here you are acting as if we have a solid PG rotation....Thats Bazzaro

You always sound like a HOMER (especially when it comes to frank), I can't believe your defending this as if we have been successful doing it..you make every excuse in the world for frank, or any player the knicks drafted..Never hold accountability, just like the FO

ES
martin
USA
1/29/2020  11:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Monk had one of the best game he's had in weeks and our guards made Rozier looked like a damn all star, and here you are acting as if we have a solid PG rotation....Thats Bazzaro

You always sound like a HOMER (especially when it comes to frank), I can't believe your defending this as if we have been successful doing it..you make every excuse in the world for frank, or any player the knicks drafted..Never hold accountability, just like the FO

Dude, are you LITERALLY this dumb?

I guess I don't mind the complaining that a lot of us do - there is good reason for it and the Knicks have sucked for waaayyy too long - but I am absolutely done with the posts you are making, feel like they are very much in bad faith and pull the total IQ of the whole forums down a lot.

knicks1248, you need to step up or find another home.

knicks1248
1/29/2020  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2020  12:37 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I guess I don't mind the complaining that a lot of us do - there is good reason for it and the Knicks have sucked for waaayyy too long - but I am absolutely done with the posts you are making, feel like they are very much in bad faith and pull the total IQ of the whole forums down a lot.

wait, are you serious.

so because you think one way, we should all think like MARTIN or our comments are dumb...

You said my comments was dumb going all way back to when i said woodson needs to go months before it happen, same with Fisher, rambis, KP, JH, even Fizdale, then when it actually happens you won't even man-up..

you think i'm being negative, but when you are die hard GREENBAY Packer and yankee fan for over 20 yrs, and you watch very closely to how those franchises operate, it just kills me to see the knicks do the opposite of what other successful franchise do

It's a forum to discuss what you like, dislike, or agree with. I don't take anything on any forum personal, its actually amusing to some degree...at the end of the day it just sports, which will always be debated until the end of time..

So lighting up dude

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/29/2020  1:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

wait, are you serious.

so because you think one way, we should all think like MARTIN or our comments are dumb...

You said my comments was dumb going all way back to when i said woodson needs to go months before it happen, same with Fisher, rambis, KP, JH, even Fizdale, then when it actually happens you won't even man-up..

you think i'm being negative, but when you are die hard GREENBAY Packer and yankee fan for over 20 yrs, and you watch very closely to how those franchises operate, it just kills me to see the knicks do the opposite of what other successful franchise do

It's a forum to discuss what you like, dislike, or agree with. I don't take anything on any forum personal, its actually amusing to some degree...at the end of the day it just sports, which will always be debated until the end of time..

So lighting up dude

preach on! All you mofos need to lighting up
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Mike Miller Appreciation Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy