[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/23/2019  3:11 PM
MS wrote:Nalod, actually Ron Baker got a two year 10MM deal. Which is egregious. He’s out of the league. Justin Holiday was the better player, had the better season and he let him go.
Subsequently he was traded for draft picks.

It’s about judgement. Allan Houston deserved 70-75MM we gave him 100MM. You need to be smart and you never overpay role players when you don’t have the pieces in place. We gave THJR 15MM more than he was worth at the time.

If you consider anyone else aside from Morris in demand you’re on drugs. We only got him because Bullock was injured, he’s the only guys that has been of any value. Giving big money to Ellington, Portis and Gibson was insane. Simply saying Harkless and Iggy brought back picks for the space they took up only highlights this teams stupidity.

Fact of the matter is, we had a plan in place to move KP without any value. We rushed (like we did with free agents), we pretended we had information (our dumpy incompetent owner said as much during interviews right after the trade) that KD and Irving wanted to play for us and then on the first day of free agency they signed with the Nets. No meeting for the Knicks.

But, we got two ****ty picks and DSJR who may not be in the league in two seasons. Whether any of the **** smells like Dolan it doesn’t matter. All the KP
Shit can’t be believed after the execution and dumpster fire of the offseason and season.

I'll split the difference with you LOL!! 8.9 two years. I had 4.what ever per year.
https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-new-deal-with-ron-baker-is-worth-89-million/239861670

Hardaway and Clee part of the deal devaluated as we paid for the dump in part. Hindsight bad deal. At the time someone thought we were getting some big free agents! Also KP had list of 4 teams only he'd resign with. That devalues a deal. KP once the trade deadline passes owns the leverage. How many teams take on broken diva KP with no promise to resign? Dallas jumps in and might have made us the best deal. "Might". Easy to say after "hey, we did not have time to bid". They smelled the blood in the water and would have not paid up or taken Hardaway and Lee.
Dennis is a disaster thus far. Luka rising to MVP as he has is not helping our picks. Its a shyt show. Call it "Mills" or call it "knicks". Im way past thinking change brings stability. I gave up logic and hate after Isiah and we signed Amare.

AUTOADVERT
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/23/2019  4:23 PM
I just don’t think it was as bad as reported. A lot of it was fluff.

If the Knicks were half way intelligent they would have at least promised the world to maintain the asset and if it was real not salvageable the would have moved it in the offseason.

All I was saying is Hardaway was on the table for Wes Matthews.

You’re telling me if we needed to move lee we couldn’t have offered a rebuilding team Lee with Frank and Knox? There is always time to do a deal. Remember when we couldn’t move Zach Randolph and then he became an All Star? When Jamal Crawford wasn’t moveable he went on to get multiple contracts and win the sixth man of the year? Smith couldn’t be moved at 6.5MM then signs for 15MM? We seem to never be able to move anyone and then a team trades Timothy Mosgov to the Cavs for two first round picks. Obviously this is what we already know, our front office is trash and full of ****. No matter what regime someone is always lying and we somehow lose every trade.

KP should be here. Period.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/23/2019  6:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2019  6:42 PM
MS wrote:I just don’t think it was as bad as reported. A lot of it was fluff.

If the Knicks were half way intelligent they would have at least promised the world to maintain the asset and if it was real not salvageable the would have moved it in the offseason.

You’re telling me if we needed to move lee we couldn’t have offered a rebuilding team Lee with Frank and Knox? There is always time to do a deal. Remember when we couldn’t move Zach Randolph and then he became an All Star? When Jamal Crawford wasn’t moveable he went on to get multiple contracts and win the sixth man of the year? Smith couldn’t be moved at 6.5MM then signs for 15MM? We seem to never be able to move anyone and then a team trades Timothy Mosgov to the Cavs for two first round picks. Obviously this is what we already know, our front office is trash and full of ****. No matter what regime someone is always lying and we somehow lose every trade.

KP didnt want to be here. Made it clear. He couldnt last a season, was out hurt often. Was criticizing the team even though he had been out hurt since the year before. I cant blame you.for questioning what we got back. I dont question the need to move a player who was hurt, and wanted to be moved. Complaining about the direction of the team from the bench, was too Diva for me.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/23/2019  7:07 PM
AND his f’g brother. peeps around here should really move on.
Nalod
USA
12/24/2019  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2019  8:51 AM

Neither of us know what transpired and what was given. When Melo was gone he was the featured star. The squabbles over his trainer and being on the plane? At some point there was reality, a professional norm, and maybe over the top requests. I don't know.
Frank and Knox to move Clees deal?
BTW, didn't we get Matthews in the trade? We released him?
Zach was awful here. At that moment he looked like a guy on his way out. He turned it around. Crawford was traded to GS for Al Harrington basically for Salary cap. This was post Isiah Donnie. Lets clarify, this was Dolan directing Donnie to make a run for what was Joe Johnson, Lebron, bosh and Wade. All Free the next year. WE get Amare. Before you go off on Donnie remember your history, DOnnie was about forced on Dolan and he did little but what his owner told him to do.
But in the end your right, its "Knicks" and the results tell the story. But if your in a tizz and forget the timeline and how things played out at the moment it really does look even more moronic. It is, but there were logic applied. I think you short change not "Mills" or whom ever but the moment and what was on the table at that time. Does it suck less? Maybe understanding does just a bit.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/26/2019  7:33 PM
To answer the thread...Tim Hardaway Jr has entered the chat.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/26/2019  8:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

KP didnt want to be here. Made it clear. He couldnt last a season, was out hurt often. Was criticizing the team even though he had been out hurt since the year before. I cant blame you.for questioning what we got back. I dont question the need to move a player who was hurt, and wanted to be moved. Complaining about the direction of the team from the bench, was too Diva for me.

Can you post who articles stating who was stating that KP was complaining about the team publicly and ones where he made it clear? ? And are you saying that no one should have been complaining about what we saw the last three years? This whole narrative that no one should complain about how ****ty an organization is or how bad the team is ridiculous. Do we really want players(Non divas) that are happy with this much losing and FO ineptitude? Think those players are the ones that are here for the wrong reasons and just making a pit stop. Think KP was right in not allowing the FO to continue to make countless mistakes and run the team to the ground. Isn't that what we want out of our FRANCHISE player?

Btw, love how so many claim rumors and fan speculation as fact. The fact is that the Knicks did not extend KP when they had the chance due to his injury. They calculated that KP would never be the same and was not worth the risk. Seems like they were wrong. They did KP a favor and he moved on. Now we are left with Smith Jr., who has been run through our great developmental training program and has of course been brought to a complete halt. We also cleared up a lot of cap space. Which was used mostly on back up role players and we have also added a couple more power ball tickets so that fans can rave about yet another Baker/Frank cream job who everyone besides Knick fans see as bench role players at best.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler

12/26/2019  10:42 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Can you post who articles stating who was stating that KP was complaining about the team publicly and ones where he made it clear? ? And are you saying that no one should have been complaining about what we saw the last three years? This whole narrative that no one should complain about how ****ty an organization is or how bad the team is ridiculous. Do we really want players(Non divas) that are happy with this much losing and FO ineptitude? Think those players are the ones that are here for the wrong reasons and just making a pit stop. Think KP was right in not allowing the FO to continue to make countless mistakes and run the team to the ground. Isn't that what we want out of our FRANCHISE player?

Btw, love how so many claim rumors and fan speculation as fact. The fact is that the Knicks did not extend KP when they had the chance due to his injury. They calculated that KP would never be the same and was not worth the risk. Seems like they were wrong. They did KP a favor and he moved on. Now we are left with Smith Jr., who has been run through our great developmental training program and has of course been brought to a complete halt. We also cleared up a lot of cap space. Which was used mostly on back up role players and we have also added a couple more power ball tickets so that fans can rave about yet another Baker/Frank cream job who everyone besides Knick fans see as bench role players at best.

Hell no, but you're more than welcome to do your own looking. If you are out for a season, have trouble lasting a season, arent doing anything to help the team's fortunes. You're hurt and sitting on the bench, and backseat driving the franchise. You're being a Diva.

KP hadnt done enough in this league to have that kind of say. If he was playing, doing his part, and the team was falling short, then he has a right to question the direction of the team. Not from the bench.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/27/2019  12:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2019  12:22 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Hell no, but you're more than welcome to do your own looking. If you are out for a season, have trouble lasting a season, arent doing anything to help the team's fortunes. You're hurt and sitting on the bench, and backseat driving the franchise. You're being a Diva.

KP hadnt done enough in this league to have that kind of say. If he was playing, doing his part, and the team was falling short, then he has a right to question the direction of the team. Not from the bench.

It's a free country.
You can lead horses to the water but cannot make them drink.
KP has something missing about him. Some grace that makes the star a star.
May be he will get it one day but it has nothing to do with us any more.
We should just let it go and look at the other things coming our way.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/27/2019  3:53 AM
Can't help but wonder if/when KP will start grumbling about his role on the team- he dropped in a mild dig about not getting as many touches a few weeks ago. Had a bit of a scoring boost with Doncic out, now Doncic is back his numbers are poor again. I suspect regardless of winning, his ego will ultimately flare up if Doncic is hogging all the limelight and ball.
HofstraBBall

12/27/2019  9:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Did"t think so. Like i have said many times before, the ones that prefer to keep their heads in the sand prefer to hate and blame the "other" guy. No matter how many of them are saying the same thing. Yet they ignore all the things this organization has done to **** things up in the last 20 years. KP was just another one. But hey, denial followed by hate is part of recovery.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler

12/28/2019  8:35 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Did"t think so. Like i have said many times before, the ones that prefer to keep their heads in the sand prefer to hate and blame the "other" guy. No matter how many of them are saying the same thing. Yet they ignore all the things this organization has done to **** things up in the last 20 years. KP was just another one. But hey, denial followed by hate is part of recovery.

You start spouting off, and tell me to waste my time searching for articles for you? Sounds like you need help, not me. What part of KP being out for a year did you miss? WTF was he doing to help the team? KP was complaining about what was being done to win. You know who was doing less than anyone in the organization to win at the time? KP, because he hadnt played all season

His contribution was whining from the bench. Post articles that prove that KP was complaining about the franchise, while he was out for the season? Dont have to prove anything. KP got himself traded before the end of the season. Didnt march into the front office with his brother and tell.them how happy they were to be in NY.

Of course KP was backseat driving the franchise from the bench. You think KP whining about the team in street clothes, not having played all season, is leadership? You lead by doing, not whining. Might be your idea of leadership, not mine.

HofstraBBall

12/28/2019  9:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2019  9:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You start spouting off, and tell me to waste my time searching for articles for you? Sounds like you need help, not me. What part of KP being out for a year did you miss? WTF was he doing to help the team? KP was complaining about what was being done to win. You know who was doing less than anyone in the organization to win at the time? KP, because he hadnt played all season

His contribution was whining from the bench. Post articles that prove that KP was complaining about the franchise, while he was out for the season? Dont have to prove anything. KP got himself traded before the end of the season. Didnt march into the front office with his brother and tell.them how happy they were to be in NY.

Of course KP was backseat driving the franchise from the bench. You think KP whining about the team in street clothes, not having played all season, is leadership? You lead by doing, not whining. Might be your idea of leadership, not mine.

Didnt ask you to do anything besides back your claims. You can't.
But you dont get it, you keep saying thinsg that you dont really know happened or that anyone has confirmed. As most fan takes its just based on repeating things until they become true,
Okay, lets Assume your insight not facts are true. So you prefer players that just sit there and accept losing. You dont want your franchise player to be mad about constant dysfunction, a carousel of coaches and new systems, and letting a clueless management team dictate his development and NBA future? WTF would put up with that? Fans kill me. They want their players to take league minimum, play hurt, and keep their mouth shut. I dont know how long you have been watching the NBA but not too many of those players exist.

We can Keep going back and forth. AGAIN...this is less about KP and more about Fans whinning/hating a player yet missing the obvious constant problem. We jave sucked for 18 out of the last 20 years. And there is only one constant. I believe the reason we SUCK is because our FO is not being led by NBA professionals. Its a bunch of short sighted whinning babies with Dolan as their poster child. Characteristics typical of most irrational fans but should not be ones of successful mature NBA executives. You also fail to see my point that it was not one event that screwed things up with KP but a series of dysfunctional shortcomings that the Knicks are masters at. You rather keep acting like KP was not the best player we have drafted since Ewing. You can keep saying he was the biggest Diva we have ever had. You can keep saying he will break down and suck. If that makes you feel better cool. We both know the problem is that it is not true and he is no longer here. But okay, no big deal. Lets move on. The problem with doing so is that the guys that really ****ed things up and have ****ed things up for many years are still here. Until that changes, we will SUCK.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/28/2019  9:57 AM
arkrud wrote:

It's a free country.
You can lead horses to the water but cannot make them drink.
KP has something missing about him. Some grace that makes the star a star.
May be he will get it one day but it has nothing to do with us any more.
We should just let it go and look at the other things coming our way.

Grace makes a star a star? Funny, I thought it was talent, execution and winning.
Which one of these guys had "grace"?
Kevin Garnet
Paul Pierce
Kobe Bryant
Charles Barkley
Isaiah Thomas
Mike Tyson
John McEnroe

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/28/2019  10:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:Can't help but wonder if/when KP will start grumbling about his role on the team- he dropped in a mild dig about not getting as many touches a few weeks ago. Had a bit of a scoring boost with Doncic out, now Doncic is back his numbers are poor again. I suspect regardless of winning, his ego will ultimately flare up if Doncic is hogging all the limelight and ball.

KP has an ego, but I think he has always valued winning. If you go back and look at the Melo era, he was Melo's biggest supporter on the team, to the point where he even skipped an exit meeting after the whole trade Melo circus. He knew he needed an all-star to play with. So then you look at his numbers after Melo left, his post ups go up and he averages 23 a night. With Melo he was 18 a game. With Doncic, who is way better than that Melo, his numbers are 17 a night. Without Doncic they went up to what 21-22? I don't know what they were. So basically he will be an all-star or put up all-star numbers if he gets his number called to be, but the team will not win. Now he's winning. The Mavs are what 20-11? They are a contender in the West. If the Lakers and Clippers don't win, the Mavs will come out of the West. Think he will shut up and just play, and try to get better in his role.
GustavBahler

12/28/2019  4:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2019  4:41 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Didnt ask you to do anything besides back your claims. You can't.
But you dont get it, you keep saying thinsg that you dont really know happened or that anyone has confirmed. As most fan takes its just based on repeating things until they become true,
Okay, lets Assume your insight not facts are true. So you prefer players that just sit there and accept losing. You dont want your franchise player to be mad about constant dysfunction, a carousel of coaches and new systems, and letting a clueless management team dictate his development and NBA future? WTF would put up with that? Fans kill me. They want their players to take league minimum, play hurt, and keep their mouth shut. I dont know how long you have been watching the NBA but not too many of those players exist.

We can Keep going back and forth. AGAIN...this is less about KP and more about Fans whinning/hating a player yet missing the obvious constant problem. We jave sucked for 18 out of the last 20 years. And there is only one constant. I believe the reason we SUCK is because our FO is not being led by NBA professionals. Its a bunch of short sighted whinning babies with Dolan as their poster child. Characteristics typical of most irrational fans but should not be ones of successful mature NBA executives. You also fail to see my point that it was not one event that screwed things up with KP but a series of dysfunctional shortcomings that the Knicks are masters at. You rather keep acting like KP was not the best player we have drafted since Ewing. You can keep saying he was the biggest Diva we have ever had. You can keep saying he will break down and suck. If that makes you feel better cool. We both know the problem is that it is not true and he is no longer here. But okay, no big deal. Lets move on. The problem with doing so is that the guys that really ****ed things up and have ****ed things up for many years are still here. Until that changes, we will SUCK.

We have a dysfunctional franchise? Thanks for the bulletin. Anyone on this board can cite examples of mgmt F ups. KP wasnt one of them. He blew up the team from the bench because he didnt like all the losing while he was out. Your injury prone star is out for more than a season thats going to happen.

A multi-generational talent was up for grabs, the team was going nowhere without KP, so mgmt went for it. Inatead of supporting his teammates from the bench, he was making more headlines off the court than on. You picked a Diva with no leadership skills as your example of how F'ed up this franchise is. Bad example. Plenty of better ones out there.

doomed
Member: #1078
USA
12/31/2019  12:10 AM
Trading KP for hot garbage was the worst thing this god forsaken franchise has done in the last 20 years. And it isn’t even close.
GustavBahler

12/31/2019  12:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2019  12:51 AM
doomed wrote:Trading KP for hot garbage was the worst thing this god forsaken franchise has done in the last 20 years. And it isn’t even close.

Eddy Curry trade was worse, maxing out Amare was worse, maxing out Melo with an NTC was worse. Because they ate up the cap, made it harder to build a contender and were untradeable for most of their contracts. Would have been the worst if we took on long term garbage, which we didnt.

KP forced a trade, could have waited until the offseason, when the Knicks would have more time, and KP was further along in his recovery. Easier to move.

Nalod
USA
12/31/2019  7:48 AM
It was prudant to wait until KP stepped on the court berfore resigning him and providing another 10mm in cap space.
He was to return at some point and even if rusty show he was functional.
Its not unreasonable. The diva stuff, the rape issues, trainer not kept are all below the line stuff we are not knowledgable about.
KP wanted his money. Not sure there was a one side clearly to blame here.
The trade was tainted because we dumped salary to create an opportunity to sign Durant. No chance with no opportunity. Obviously we know the result but a year ago the rumors were hot he wanted to be a Knick!!
I don't know if DSjr ever even regains his form or KP can maintain this pace. Seems like we lost our leverage and we don't know the deals that were on the table regarding KP last year. Its easy to get all pissy and blame knicks. Whole thing sucks anyway you look at it. "Regrettable"!
Gotta get mad at someone.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/31/2019  9:13 AM
doomed wrote:Trading KP for hot garbage was the worst thing this god forsaken franchise has done in the last 20 years. And it isn’t even close.

this is what happen when you trust anyone that went to Princeton

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy