[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/5/2020  10:23 AM
People still keep forgetting this guy was accused of rape.

He's a great talent when he plays, no question. We also should have received more value for him, no question.

DSjr has falling off a cliff, which most didn't foresee. But KP had some major problems here and the Knicks clearly didn't think the injury risks and off the court drama was worth the max, at least in NY. So they chose to move on.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2020  10:36 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:No one can possibly be surprised that Porzingis has not only changed the way he approaches the game on offense, but he has become one of the most valuable players in the league in Dallas. What he does for their offense is ridiculous for how he can space the floor, then fake the 3, and drive to the basket. His rim protection and defense is also very valuable, and now he has become a quality rebounder (one of his main weaknesses as a Knick). Dallas knew exactly what they were giving up the picks and players for.

My issue will always remain the same. You have the best player you have drafted since Ewing. The first all-star you have drafted in forever. He is improving each year. 14, 18, then 23 points a season. Each year the production gets better. You know he is a very very hard worker, determined player. Now you still not sold on giving him an extension. Ok, why on earth wait to trade him - and if so - trade him using the method that David Griffin or Sam Presti used in trading Paul George or Anthony Davis. Davis only had 1 year left on his contract (and yes I know he is a better player than KP) and George was coming off a serious shoulder injury (that we have seen the affects of this season, and no I do not think he is a better player than Porzingis right now). Those teams are run by Presti and Dave and they knew that you can not give up your top asset without getting absolutely the best deal available. For example, after the trade, many teams such as those same Lakers that traded for Davis, were shocked to find out that Porzingis was even on the market. Imagine having Brandon Ingram right now, how good would that be. That is the sort of young player the Knicks should have been able to get, or at least one high lottery pick.

Knicks got fleeced. If Mills-Perry were actually good on this trade, they would still have jobs next year. There is a reason why Rose is the new president and the Knicks will likely have a new GM. Tell me, if Dallas decided to trade Porzingis this offseason. Do you think all they would get is a backup PG, and two late first round picks? If they flipped Porzingis right now, they would get a much better deal than the Knicks did. At the time of the trade everyone was talking about the free agents. A great part of the deal was made to get rid of Tim's contract (and Tim was actually a pretty good player in his season as a Knicks when Porzingis was healthy) so the Knicks could get a FA like Durant, Kyrie, Kemba .... Nothing like that happened. Only a Knicks fan with blinders on does not see the huge fail the trade was. It's ok though, because they were not going anywhere with Porzingis either. He is not the type of superstar who can carry a team by himself to the playoffs. He would have needed a second all-star for sure which the Knicks had no way of getting considering their front office. So longterm it's all going to be a wash anyway. That does not mean the trade was not one sided for the Mavericks.

Why did we wait? By waiting we see if he is healthy or trending toward it. It also added 10mm more in salary cap.
Nobody said he would have signed did they?
He waited until the trade deadline enough to apply leverage.
He was fragile and has yet to demonstrate durability. He has an anemic condition.
Knicks did not force him to play that season. He said he wanted. Then not.
It was perceived risk. YOur now frustrated cuz he is playing well. playing with Doncic who is top 10 MVP at age 21!
Funny, fans now missing Hardaway? LOL. This is who he is. Put him on a losing team as no. 1 option and see what happens.
DSjr has not made us feel good.
The picks have yet to help us.
Unless DSjr rose to a high level there was no way this trade feels good in year 1 unless KP breaks or Dennis ascends.
Few if any fans here disputed KP's talent. Your preaching to the Choir. Its regrettable.
These posts like yours happen the morning after a good game by KP. It sucks. You need a hug, join in.
Mills is gone. Perry just followed orders. If you feel better indicting him take solice he might be gone next. I am confident Leon The Professional would have likely resolved the issue or traded him prior to breaking. If he don't pop his ACL and wanted out, we do fine. It was epic bad circumstance for him and the team. Hindsight always gives clarity. Dallas is good. We are not. If we were the 7th seed in the east we'd be happy. THey are 7th seed in the west. We are lottery bound, fired our coach who he never even played for! Fired our President, not even the one he skipped his meeting who wanted to trade him when he was healthy!
Trade is one sided until we improve and move forward. Amen. Go in peace. We feel your pain.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/5/2020  11:04 AM
As a side note, with a lineup of:

C- Mitch
PF- KP
SF- Tim Jr (until contract runs out)
SG- RJ
PG- whoever we draft

Plus Some cap space in 2021

Would have been interesting to see, though I'm not entirely sold how good it would be

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/5/2020  11:24 AM
No Luka, and this thread doesn't even exist...

For the love of sheehit already, he barely played, he never led us anywhere near the playoffs, his idiot brother is drama nobody here needed or wanted, and he's still fading at the end of games.

Gudris
Member: #6213

3/5/2020  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2020  12:02 PM
jrodmc wrote:No Luka, and this thread doesn't even exist...

For the love of sheehit already, he barely played, he never led us anywhere near the playoffs, his idiot brother is drama nobody here needed or wanted, and he's still fading at the end of games.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

3/5/2020  12:25 PM
March 1, 2020 07:16 PM
Mavericks' Kristaps Porzingis: Dominant display versus Minnesota

March 2, 2020 01:36 PM
Mavericks' Kristaps Porzingis: Ruled out Monday

Let me know when GOD does back-to-backs.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/5/2020  12:45 PM
Sambakick wrote:March 1, 2020 07:16 PM

about as much as kwahi and PG13

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/5/2020  1:17 PM
this is mental masturbation. The only way the Knicks come out winners early on is if they hit a home run in FA, like sign KD+Kyrie and then we STILL would be looking bad. The question is whether or not the Knicks are able to move on and build a good team and then in retrospect how big a part of the guy we use these pick on end up being. As usual Knicks waited too long and worked from a position of weakness. Hopefully that ends
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/5/2020  1:36 PM
fishmike wrote:this is mental masturbation. The only way the Knicks come out winners early on is if they hit a home run in FA, like sign KD+Kyrie and then we STILL would be looking bad. The question is whether or not the Knicks are able to move on and build a good team and then in retrospect how big a part of the guy we use these pick on end up being. As usual Knicks waited too long and worked from a position of weakness. Hopefully that ends

Well Rose's profession is deal making..

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/5/2020  1:43 PM
with each passing day this trade looks more and more horrible. epic proportions

i'm now at the stage of wondering whether it's even humanly possible for Perry and/or Mills to have been this stupid. My latest conspiracy theory is that Dolan must have been involved and wanted KP banned akin to his impetuous nature with Oakley, Lee, multiple fans

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2020  3:59 PM
If we kept him, he plays. No Doncic. Say he comes back and really its been a slow week to week improvement.
Remember the knee soreness he had? Stay with me, Then he comes back and lights it up. Great right?
Oh, he was restricted last summer. We then have a hostile situation and a player that we told to go out and get a deal. Say he says F-it. I'll walk.
So now your looking at KP playing and he walks this summer. YOu get nothing.
Now you understand his leverage. There was a path to he walks with nothing. really you had before the trade deadline to make a deal. Not much leverage.

im not defending FO, you just have to look at the facts that a great trade was never going to happen. Phil had the window to do that. Dolan nixed it.
When KP got hurt it screwed it more than we realized. Regrettable.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/5/2020  4:30 PM
fishmike wrote:this is mental masturbation. The only way the Knicks come out winners early on is if they hit a home run in FA, like sign KD+Kyrie and then we STILL would be looking bad. The question is whether or not the Knicks are able to move on and build a good team and then in retrospect how big a part of the guy we use these pick on end up being. As usual Knicks waited too long and worked from a position of weakness. Hopefully that ends

Was that not what was promised? I remember going nuts when he was traded but everyone kept saying how it will be okay because we were guaranteed to sign big names. Now we are saying lets wait and see what we get in the draft and what that pick turns out to be in 5 years. I get the whole dwelling on the past but this is a thread dedicated to fans talking about their dislike for the trade. If this was an isolated incident fine, but one can understand fans feeling like the FO yet again.

Btw, does anyone really know that Yanis was such a dick? I mean the guy had a very good rep as a player and we are taking who's word for it? Also, fair to say most would be looking out for their brothers best interest. Specially when dealing would such a high class organization that never lies. Not to mention that most franchise players probably have many quirks, sidekicks and dysfunctional family members tagging along making life difficult.
Somehow I feel a front office should be able to deal with that for its best interest.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/5/2020  5:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Was that not what was promised? I remember going nuts when he was traded but everyone kept saying how it will be okay because we were guaranteed to sign big names. Now we are saying lets wait and see what we get in the draft and what that pick turns out to be in 5 years. I get the whole dwelling on the past but this is a thread dedicated to fans talking about their dislike for the trade. If this was an isolated incident fine, but one can understand fans feeling like the FO yet again.

Btw, does anyone really know that Yanis was such a dick? I mean the guy had a very good rep as a player and we are taking who's word for it? Also, fair to say most would be looking out for their brothers best interest. Specially when dealing would such a high class organization that never lies. Not to mention that most franchise players probably have many quirks, sidekicks and dysfunctional family members tagging along making life difficult.
Somehow I feel a front office should be able to deal with that for its best interest.

Im def not saying lets wait and see... Im saying the trade sucked but whats the point? The only wait and see is hopefully this is just another slice of bad management that needed to be overcome. They have a decent starting point... in like year 4 or whatever.

Im patient. Want to see it done the right way.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/5/2020  6:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Sambakick wrote:March 1, 2020 07:16 PM

about as much as kwahi and PG13

One guy has played 25,000 minutes including playoffs, one guy has played 20,000 minutes including playoffs and one guy has played 7100 minutes in his career. KP is in his fourth season that he has actually got on the court and in his fifth season in the league. He has missed 157 games already in his career. George is in yr 10 and has missed 149 games. Lets see how this plays out with KP. He has had good stretches before. He has never sustained them.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
3/5/2020  7:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:As a side note, with a lineup of:

C- Mitch
PF- KP
SF- Tim Jr (until contract runs out)
SG- RJ
PG- whoever we draft

Plus Some cap space in 2021

Would have been interesting to see, though I'm not entirely sold how good it would be

PG - Frank Ntilikina

It would have been much better than what we have now.

/PassTheBall
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
3/5/2020  7:21 PM
They couldn’t sell Porzingis on the idea of playing with Zion, Morant or RJ as well.

Still can’t believe how much DSJ has regressed or just hasn’t progressed.

Fizdale still needed to go though.

So many what if’s but that trade will go down as one of the worst in NBA history.

/PassTheBall
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/5/2020  8:57 PM
Sambakick wrote:GOD still can't play back-to-back.

He is not a god.
He is a top 30 player for sure, that can be an all star level.
He is a foundation player, not a franchise player.

Knicks do not have anyone even remotely close to his level. Traded him away for literally nothing that will come close to him.

It’s a bad trade.

Does not mean the Knicks will always be bad because of the trade.
But the trade sucked plain and simple.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/5/2020  11:06 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Sambakick wrote:GOD still can't play back-to-back.

He is not a god.
He is a top 30 player for sure, that can be an all star level.
He is a foundation player, not a franchise player.

Knicks do not have anyone even remotely close to his level. Traded him away for literally nothing that will come close to him.

It’s a bad trade.

Does not mean the Knicks will always be bad because of the trade.
But the trade sucked plain and simple.

When you evaluate the trade you have to include the 1st, 2nd and euro stash that the Knicks turned Morris into. DSJ has been super disappointing but was finally showing signs before the concussion. Let’s see how this plays out. KP has been a fragile player with character issues. The Knicks turned KP into 3 firsts and a second over the next 4 yrs. More assets or players may be acquired with the flexibility they obtained.
O
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/6/2020  12:12 AM
we should have stole two more firsts
The Future is Bright!
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/6/2020  2:07 AM
I hope I don't offend anyone with what I am about to say. I am only using this analogy to illustrate the point. This discussion here is akin to complaining about the lack of lubrication after being sexually violated. Most people would try to deal with what happened and just move on. But we are discussing how others have done it( it's not the same), defending Janis( you do remember they threatened to just go back to Latvia or wherever they are from, right?) and complaining that we got fleeced in the trade. Basically discussing the lack of foreplay and lubricant brands. I guess it's a part of dealing with trauma.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy