[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

3/2/2020  1:17 AM
AUTOADVERT
TLover
Member: #381
USA
3/2/2020  12:54 PM
Gudris wrote:

Just amazed & disgusted that most of us saw this coming when the Knicks traded him.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/2/2020  1:00 PM
Porzingis wanted a trade. Couldnt wait until he was 100 percent, to at least make himself a more valuable trade commodity. KP forced the Knicks hand.

He's in Dallas now where mgmt just has to say one word the next time Porzingis goes diva. "Luka".

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

3/2/2020  1:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Porzingis wanted a trade. Couldnt wait until he was 100 percent, to at least make himself a more valuable trade commodity. KP forced the Knicks hand.

He's in Dallas now where mgmt just has to say one word the next time Porzingis goes diva. "Luka".

Guess thats a new way to cope.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
houston20
Member: #8797

3/2/2020  1:03 PM
I can't wait until next season when warriors, blazers, spurs and pelicans have full healthy team then let see if dallas makes the playoffs then.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/2/2020  1:06 PM
I am happy for him. He has flaws but is a great player nonetheless . Should have been our cornerstone for years to come but that wasn't in the cards. I don't get upset when he does well. The worst of it was when I was coming to terms with him being traded and all the circumstances. At this point I don't see the reason for crying over this spilled milk.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
GustavBahler

3/2/2020  1:08 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Porzingis wanted a trade. Couldnt wait until he was 100 percent, to at least make himself a more valuable trade commodity. KP forced the Knicks hand.

Im coping just fine thanks. Some of you cant let it go. Hence this thread, and the endless "woulda, coulda, shoulda"

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/2/2020  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2020  1:19 PM
houston20 wrote:I can't wait until next season when warriors, blazers, spurs and pelicans have full healthy team then let see if dallas makes the playoffs then.

In others you want bad things to happen to him..

Why cant you just accept that Mills and Perry fck'd up, which is why they are getting replaced.

You still blaming KP when the ppl who traded him are getting fired a yr later

ES
houston20
Member: #8797

3/2/2020  1:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
houston20 wrote:I can't wait until next season when warriors, blazers, spurs and pelicans have full healthy team then let see if dallas makes the playoffs then.

Why cant you just accept that Mills and Perry fck'd up, which is why they are getting replaced.

I want that unprotected draft pick next year so yes i want dallas to suffer if the spurs,blazers, warriors, and pelicans were all healthy teams this year dalls wouldn't be in the playoffs. I just to know when those 4 teams like blazers get nurikic, and warriors get back curry and thompson, and pelican have zion for whole year, and spurs get aldrige and few other guys healthy those teams will be better then dallas. If kp didn't want to be here then good riddance.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/2/2020  1:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

KP and his team did what is good for KP.
It was nothing that Knicks can offer.
It was clear (or may be known) that no FA will sign in NY with no roster and future of main piece unknown.
KP get in trouble with the organization (may be by design) and off the court.
NY City was to much for him to handle coming from tiny provincial country.
So his team get him out and into great situation outside of Bright lights of the City and with like minded Euro-oriented club.
He and Luka are great pair to build around with same timeline and talent level.
I wish him luck as my fellow countryman but hope the Knicks will became better that Dallas one day.
No hard feelings, no cold goodbyes.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2020  2:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

They phuched up. What bonafide alternatives are you knowledgable that substantiate that they choose badly?
Im not defending them. The record speaks loudly and obviously Dolan lost faith in MIlls. IM asking what other choices did they have?

knicks1248
3/2/2020  3:16 PM
houston20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I want that unprotected draft pick next year so yes i want dallas to suffer if the spurs,blazers, warriors, and pelicans were all healthy teams this year dalls wouldn't be in the playoffs. I just to know when those 4 teams like blazers get nurikic, and warriors get back curry and thompson, and pelican have zion for whole year, and spurs get aldrige and few other guys healthy those teams will be better then dallas. If kp didn't want to be here then good riddance.

That's what you keep getting confused, because he wanted to be here, he just did not want to be part of no phony rebuild that kept going in circle's, and the losing becoming a normal day at the office.

You do realize that him and lance were the only players on the roster from the yr he was drafted (just 3 short yrs prior)

So you are saying KP sucks because he didn't want to be part of a losing dysfunctional, revolving door of players, coaches and GMs, that wanted to tank for 3 straight seasons.

Please tell me where are you going to find players to embrace that Bull sht...unless you back up the brinks truck

Then they make a trade that makes the other team significantly better..and now your praying for their downfall..

You should be more upset with management

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2020  3:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
houston20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's what you keep getting confused, because he wanted to be here, he just did not want to be part of no phony rebuild that kept going in circle's, and the losing becoming a normal day at the office.

You do realize that him and lance were the only players on the roster from the yr he was drafted (just 3 short yrs prior)

So you are saying KP sucks because he didn't want to be part of a losing dysfunctional, revolving door of players, coaches and GMs, that wanted to tank for 3 straight seasons.

Please tell me where are you going to find players to embrace that Bull sht...unless you back up the brinks truck

Then they make a trade that makes the other team significantly better..and now your praying for their downfall..

you literally make stuff up to support your narrative.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
3/2/2020  4:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2020  4:35 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
houston20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

If it was made up, you would have debated it with facts proven me wrong..

when were we not tanking?

look at the 2016 roster https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2017.html

Should I pull up the quotes where kp and his brother saying they just wanted to see progress, i'll add on the Janis wanted a bigger role with the franchise

Did you like the elite players we signed last off season with our cap $$..oh wait im making that up?

How many games did the mavs win with out KP and THJ, i guess they have nothing to do with that win increase this yr, so i made that up to right?

Rose is the new president..guess i made that up

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2020  4:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2020  4:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
houston20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

If it was made up, you would have debated it with facts proven me wrong..

when were we not tanking?

look at the 2016 roster https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2017.html

Should I pull up the quotes where kp and his brother saying they just wanted to see progress, i'll add on the Janis wanted a bigger role with the franchise

Did you like the elite players we signed last off season with our cap $$..oh wait im making that up?

How many games did the mavs win with out KP and THJ, i guess they have nothing to do with that win increase this yr, so i made that up to right?

Rose is the new president..guess i made that up

We all read he wanted to be here. This is true. But what is missing is why he left. What Fishmike alludes to is you then fill in the blank with your own "Narrative".
We don't trust your "Quotes" because you don't source them. Blogs don't count. That is another man opinion. You get that confused at times.
I sense in your writing that you wanted more cred for MIlls firing. Fact is the teams record speaks louder than your made up shyt.
Its the same thing your doing. Dudes want to vent on KP leaving, you then do the "Can you blame him, look at the bad job FO has done". Then you add in some stuff you make up and we call you on it.
And we'll keep doing it. Guy sometimes post garbage rumors but they tell us what they are and we have fun with it anyway. Like the reference to the "Reddit" Leon stuff. It was defined as what it was. You kind of did question it but that's the thing, he gave his source and we all know its not bonafide. LIke when NDK told us "Mills left upset"....he then said it mignt not mean a thing given the source. It proved correct but the point is understand the source and then have fun with it. If you want to make shyt up, that's find, just say "Im thinking out loud".

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/2/2020  5:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2020  5:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Im coping just fine thanks. Some of you cant let it go. Hence this thread, and the endless "woulda, coulda, shoulda"

Fact is, that the realist are just pointing out how the Knicks and the FO need to improve at dealing with their players. Specially their young talent. Saying that the KP failure was all caused by him being a "Diva: is just not true and ignores the long history of the dysfunctional front office. The more fans ignore that and stay in denial the higher the chance it will continue to occur. Think Rose, being a former agent , will be much better at that.

KP is the poster child of the many cases of Knicks player mismanagement.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
3/2/2020  7:02 PM

lol next season Mavs will be top 4 team and one of championship contenders, I think Mavs win championship in 2-3 year period from now.

GustavBahler

3/2/2020  8:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2020  8:05 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Fact is, that the realist are just pointing out how the Knicks and the FO need to improve at dealing with their players. Specially their young talent. Saying that the KP failure was all caused by him being a "Diva: is just not true and ignores the long history of the dysfunctional front office. The more fans ignore that and stay in denial the higher the chance it will continue to occur. Think Rose, being a former agent , will be much better at that.

KP is the poster child of the many cases of Knicks player mismanagement.

Puleez. Been writing about the dysfunction for many years. Whatever mistakes were made by mgmt in dealing with KP. Forcing a trade in the middle of rehabbing from a serious injury. While contributing nothing to the team but complaints, was a Diva move. Nothing mgmt could do but comply with his trade demand.

Im more than over it. I guess this thread will keep getting bumped for as long as there are those out there who cant. Good luck.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/5/2020  9:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2020  9:57 AM
No one can possibly be surprised that Porzingis has not only changed the way he approaches the game on offense, but he has become one of the most valuable players in the league in Dallas. What he does for their offense is ridiculous for how he can space the floor, then fake the 3, and drive to the basket. His rim protection and defense is also very valuable, and now he has become a quality rebounder (one of his main weaknesses as a Knick). Dallas knew exactly what they were giving up the picks and players for.

My issue will always remain the same. You have the best player you have drafted since Ewing. The first all-star you have drafted in forever. He is improving each year. 14, 18, then 23 points a season. Each year the production gets better. You know he is a very very hard worker, determined player. Now you still not sold on giving him an extension. Ok, why on earth wait to trade him - and if so - trade him using the method that David Griffin or Sam Presti used in trading Paul George or Anthony Davis. Davis only had 1 year left on his contract (and yes I know he is a better player than KP) and George was coming off a serious shoulder injury (that we have seen the affects of this season, and no I do not think he is a better player than Porzingis right now). Those teams are run by Presti and Dave and they knew that you can not give up your top asset without getting absolutely the best deal available. For example, after the trade, many teams such as those same Lakers that traded for Davis, were shocked to find out that Porzingis was even on the market. Imagine having Brandon Ingram right now, how good would that be. That is the sort of young player the Knicks should have been able to get, or at least one high lottery pick.

Knicks got fleeced. If Mills-Perry were actually good on this trade, they would still have jobs next year. There is a reason why Rose is the new president and the Knicks will likely have a new GM. Tell me, if Dallas decided to trade Porzingis this offseason. Do you think all they would get is a backup PG, and two late first round picks? If they flipped Porzingis right now, they would get a much better deal than the Knicks did. At the time of the trade everyone was talking about the free agents. A great part of the deal was made to get rid of Tim's contract (and Tim was actually a pretty good player in his season as a Knicks when Porzingis was healthy) so the Knicks could get a FA like Durant, Kyrie, Kemba .... Nothing like that happened. Only a Knicks fan with blinders on does not see the huge fail the trade was. It's ok though, because they were not going anywhere with Porzingis either. He is not the type of superstar who can carry a team by himself to the playoffs. He would have needed a second all-star for sure which the Knicks had no way of getting considering their front office. So longterm it's all going to be a wash anyway. That does not mean the trade was not one sided for the Mavericks.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

3/5/2020  10:08 AM
GOD still can't play back-to-back.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy