[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/30/2020  2:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I have to say that yeah the trade is getting worse. I thought that would be impossible. DSJ looks like a lost kid. Even if KP self destructs the Knicks will be getting picks in the 20s because Luka is only going to get better

Here's the kicker, from all reports the knicks asking price is way too high for frank and dsj (low 1st rnd pick or starter)trying to to save face

They want an absolute starter and 1st pick for Morris..

Keep in mind that the Magic traded Payton away for a lousy 2nd round pick, and a yr later we signed him for 8 million dollars, and his stats are down from his last 2 seasons..lol

The magic used the 2nd round pick and drafted Melvin Fizer(g league) one pick ahead of Mitch...

What reports about Frank or DSjr? When was this? Rainman like Blogger or a legit source?
I saw what they want for Morris. is that bacuase they would resign him and value him if cannot get a good price?

Keep in mind you slanted the Elfred from Magic to slant your point: Payton was to be a free agent! So getting a 2nd rounder was better than nothing.
Orlando tried Payton as its starter for 3.5 years It was time to move on. .
He was drafted as a 20 year old and they had to decide to either ride with him or trade him. I think they made a good decision. Don't mention he was First team all rookie as a 20 year old in Orlando. He is a very average PG statwise. We overpaid to get him on a one year deal.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/30/2020  2:47 PM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I have to say that yeah the trade is getting worse. I thought that would be impossible. DSJ looks like a lost kid. Even if KP self destructs the Knicks will be getting picks in the 20s because Luka is only going to get better

If KP self destructs then it proves out that the Knicks were right to trade him while they could and get whatever they could. Having $30M for 4 more years is devastating if injury riddled. Not for nothing but Dallas may have just traded for McDyess/Amare (without his 1 good year).

I don't disagree but I don't think we got much. I guess I'm super bummed out because I am not really pumped about any of or young guys atm and i thought the whoel point of this year was development. Like you said about Mitch in another thread, development, what development? So getting pumped about the #20 and #25 picks is hard for me

Start getting pumped for a top 5 pick this year I guess lol

lol... I am not and here's why: RJ is been meh. I think the 2020 class is not in the same league as the 2019. Here's to me being wrong.

Sometimes we have to wait things out. De'Aaron Fox was meh, Brandon Ingram was meh, D'Angelo Russell was meh

I don't disagree with this either. I think being impatient is foolish considering the crappy roster we have. that said, I am having trouble focussing on that because of the Knicks track record over my lifetime with draft picks

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
1/30/2020  2:55 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

If KP self destructs then it proves out that the Knicks were right to trade him while they could and get whatever they could. Having $30M for 4 more years is devastating if injury riddled. Not for nothing but Dallas may have just traded for McDyess/Amare (without his 1 good year).

I don't disagree but I don't think we got much. I guess I'm super bummed out because I am not really pumped about any of or young guys atm and i thought the whoel point of this year was development. Like you said about Mitch in another thread, development, what development? So getting pumped about the #20 and #25 picks is hard for me

Start getting pumped for a top 5 pick this year I guess lol

lol... I am not and here's why: RJ is been meh. I think the 2020 class is not in the same league as the 2019. Here's to me being wrong.

Sometimes we have to wait things out. De'Aaron Fox was meh, Brandon Ingram was meh, D'Angelo Russell was meh

I don't disagree with this either. I think being impatient is foolish considering the crappy roster we have. that said, I am having trouble focussing on that because of the Knicks track record over my lifetime with draft picks

That's a great and honest response! Your not alone. I said it before, just because hit has not happened (in a long time) does not mean it won't.

KP and Frank, at worse are not future indicators. Every year its a new set of odds. Either the pick or how it turns out.
Its Why I harp so often on increasing the opportunities to increase exposure to luck.
To do it a few times then abandon it is a response born from frustration. Logic, Math and science.

nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

2/6/2020  1:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2020  1:48 PM
In games without Doncic, Porzingis has averaged 25+ points a game and led that team to some wins. Just had back to back to back 30+ point games.
Meanwhile the Knicks are in their fifth re-start and re-build phase in the last 8-10 years.

Porzingis should have played his entire career a Knick. In his come back year from a major major injury, he is averaging his career numbers. He will only get better next season and have a few years of all-star play. I was fine with trading him, but should have done so when the value was there. Knicks literally got fleeced in this trade. Even THJ is starting for the Mavs and doing decently.

With the assets the Knicks got from the KP trade, did not even get a Karl Anthony Towns, or DAngelo Russell. Teams are making moves like that.

Hopefully Leon Rose will have some better sense what to do. Right now the Knicks will just have to re-start again from scratch.

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/6/2020  1:58 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:In games without Doncic, Porzingis has averaged 25+ points a game and led that team to some wins. Just had back to back to back 30+ point games.
Meanwhile the Knicks are in their fifth re-start and re-build phase in the last 8-10 years.

Porzingis should have played his entire career a Knick. In his come back year from a major major injury, he is averaging his career numbers. He will only get better next season and have a few years of all-star play. I was fine with trading him, but should have done so when the value was there. Knicks literally got fleeced in this trade. Even THJ is starting for the Mavs and doing decently.

With the assets the Knicks got from the KP trade, did not even get a Karl Anthony Towns, or DAngelo Russell. Teams are making moves like that.

Hopefully Leon Rose will have some better sense what to do. Right now the Knicks will just have to re-start again from scratch.

Having watched this team since the 80's, I have to say, at least we are in a position to start from scratch. We have a clean cap, all our picks, and young players. That in and of itself is historic for this franchise, and more important than whatever Porzingis is or is not going to do for Dallas.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/6/2020  2:23 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:In games without Doncic, Porzingis has averaged 25+ points a game and led that team to some wins. Just had back to back to back 30+ point games.

Having watched this team since the 80's, I have to say, at least we are in a position to start from scratch. We have a clean cap, all our picks, and young players. That in and of itself is historic for this franchise, and more important than whatever Porzingis is or is not going to do for Dallas.

True. But does not take away from the fact the Knicks screwed up yet again. They finally hit the Lotto and threw that all away on liquor and ho's. Lets hope the future is brighter. But we have been saying that for as many years as you have been watching.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/7/2020  7:33 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:What if we brought this guy in? We'd easily forget about KP, and things would come full triangle.

Im down great compliment to Mitch you have to trade Randle though

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

2/7/2020  7:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Here's the kicker, from all reports the knicks asking price is way too high for frank and dsj (low 1st rnd pick or starter)trying to to save face

They want an absolute starter and 1st pick for Morris..

Keep in mind that the Magic traded Payton away for a lousy 2nd round pick, and a yr later we signed him for 8 million dollars, and his stats are down from his last 2 seasons..lol

The magic used the 2nd round pick and drafted Melvin Fizer(g league) one pick ahead of Mitch...

If your world the Knicks can never win; they are either OVER asking for value or not getting enough value. You can't have it both ways; we should be content that the Knicks are drawing a high line for their asking price not poo-poo'ing like you are doing.

Read This

The Knicks dealt Kristaps Porzingis to the Mavericks ahead of the February trade deadline, but a new ESPN report suggests a different deal could have been made before the 2018 NBA draft last June.

ESPN's Zach Lowe reports the Knicks were in talks with the Kings for De'Aaron Fox despite his struggles during his rookie season. In the leadup to last year's draft, the Kings who had the No. 2 pick were interested in drafting Luka Doncic to rebuild the team around the him.

"Rivals sensed the dilemma and made offers for Fox — including a template from the New York Knicks centered around Kristaps Porzingis that would have required Sacramento to either send something beyond Fox or take unwanted Knicks salary (or both), sources say," Lowe wrote.

The Kings picked Marvin Bagley III with the No. 2 pick in the 2018 NBA draft.

Doncic now plays with Porzingis in Dallas after going No. 3 overall in the 2018 NBA draft. The Knicks received point guard Dennis Smith Jr. and center DeAndre Jordan in exchange for Porzingis.

Fox is averaging 17.4 points and 7.2 assists per game this season, while the Kings are 36–37 and sit in ninth in the Western Conference.

In other words there asking price was to high for KP, because we could have had our future PG right there..

Martin I don't care how you twist it, Perry and Mills are the worst when it comes to evaluating talent..They think guys like THJ and Randle are all stars in the making, they hang on to players until they value sinks to the floor and then asked for the moon, sun and stars in return.

Basically traded melo( a fist ballot HOF) for a second round pick, the same thing you got for Willy..

They didn't want to take back a Nickle in salary for Noah, or add any picks to off his contract, but chose to pay him almost 7 mill (a top 5 1st round salary) for 3 yrs, to sit home..WTF

The Knicks have the worst talent evaluators in the league. I still dont understand the Perry hire. The guy has no idea how to build a team. We will never turn this around because he has no idea what a primary playmaker looks like
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/7/2020  9:29 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:

True. But does not take away from the fact the Knicks screwed up yet again. They finally hit the Lotto and threw that all away on liquor and ho's. Lets hope the future is brighter. But we have been saying that for as many years as you have been watching.

Of all the truly dumb moves this team has made, and there have been some epic failures way worse than melo (Ed Curry?), Perry and Mills may hold the dishonor of having made the absolute dumbest on multiple levels (1) not nurturing KP back the way RIley did with Ewing (2) trading him at a low (3) agreeing to the assets we got in return -- DSJ

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2020  11:18 AM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:

Of all the truly dumb moves this team has made, and there have been some epic failures way worse than melo (Ed Curry?), Perry and Mills may hold the dishonor of having made the absolute dumbest on multiple levels (1) not nurturing KP back the way RIley did with Ewing (2) trading him at a low (3) agreeing to the assets we got in return -- DSJ

If you consider cap space an asset and a motivator for the trade, then you have to add another first, a big second and a prospect to what they got for Porzingis. Also, Smith has been disappointing but has just appealed ed to be healthy in the last three games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/7/2020  10:19 PM
Pellscup
Member: #8843

2/8/2020  6:00 AM
a healthy club just doesn't trade away players like KP, and if a team does trade KP they should get something back. what a disaster, this one somehow tops everything else in the last 20 years
Jmpasq

2/8/2020  10:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2020  10:22 AM
Pellscup wrote:a healthy club just doesn't trade away players like KP, and if a team does trade KP they should get something back. what a disaster, this one somehow tops everything else in the last 20 years

I had no problem trading KP. I was down when Phil wanted to trade him and got eviscerated for it on this forum. But what we got from Dallas was a fnig embarrassment. That 2nd first is worthless. They should of demanded Brunson in that deal too they would of folded. Had we made Phils trade with Boston got the 3rd pick and Brown we would of gotten a higher pick in 2018 too and maybe ended up with a real player like Doncic or Young inatead of a bum like Kevin Knox. We had a chace to deal from a poit of strength istead we did it from weakness.

Nalod
USA
2/8/2020  10:53 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Pellscup wrote:a healthy club just doesn't trade away players like KP, and if a team does trade KP they should get something back. what a disaster, this one somehow tops everything else in the last 20 years

I had no problem trading KP. I was down when Phil wanted to trade him and got eviscerated for it on this forum. But what we got from Dallas was a fnig embarrassment. That 2nd first is worthless. They should of demanded Brunson in that deal too they would of folded. Had we made Phils trade with Boston got the 3rd pick and Brown we would of gotten a higher pick in 2018 too and maybe ended up with a real player like Doncic or Young inatead of a bum like Kevin Knox. We had a chace to deal from a poit of strength istead we did it from weakness.

Woulda-coulda-shoulda............KP gets hurt and applies his leverage. Regrettable. Blame is an easy antidote. The look back is fluid. Will take years to look back and evaluate. Dennis is an ongoing story and the picks are not even made. PHil instinctively was correct but it was part of the noise that got him fired. MIlls has not set the franchise right. There are many elements to this transaction.
All I can say is “regrettable” and move on.

CrushAlot
USA
2/8/2020  11:10 AM
Have to include the picks and prospect acquired with the cap space that was acquired with the KP trade. Two nickels don’t make a dime on a basketball roster. Have to hope the picks and DSJ turn into something down the road. Way too early to determine who won the trade but KP’s play, contract and injuries make it a debate even with DSJ having the worst 4 months of his career.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2020  12:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Have to include the picks and prospect acquired with the cap space that was acquired with the KP trade. Two nickels don’t make a dime on a basketball roster. Have to hope the picks and DSJ turn into something down the road. Way too early to determine who won the trade but KP’s play, contract and injuries make it a debate even with DSJ having the worst 4 months of his career.

Knicks are the only team in the nba that 1st round picks are pretended to be worthless for. I agree, you can’t judge the trade fully until we know what the picks turn into, not sure why people are pretending 1st round picks are nothing.

Nalod
USA
2/8/2020  12:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Have to include the picks and prospect acquired with the cap space that was acquired with the KP trade. Two nickels don’t make a dime on a basketball roster. Have to hope the picks and DSJ turn into something down the road. Way too early to determine who won the trade but KP’s play, contract and injuries make it a debate even with DSJ having the worst 4 months of his career.

True-True...
I expect we are going to be cutting lose perhaps players we are fond of to make progress. For myself its Frank, Dennis, KK, and Mitch are I have big hopes for the yoot, but all won’t stick. We have a lot of picks ahead and trades to make. To make room for the new sometimes you have to let go of the old. I’m speaking as a fan. I think Trier gets cut here soon or we make a commitment to play him. He has reached the Cross road.
DSjr and Frank come up next year.
With KP we reached a window that if we waited a trade gets worse regarding the return. Mills inherited Phil’s KP mess and in hindsight he did not improve the situation. We have gone over this ad nauseam. Fans come here to rant it over again. I suppose we all need to at some point. Part of the “healing”, LOL!

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2020  1:35 PM
It is true time will tell

When celts make a trade of similar magnitude (Pierce kg) they end up w a #3 and a #1 which they then flip again

My suspicion is our two firsts end up being near second rounders. Yes I’m glad we have the picks compared to not having them

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
USA
2/8/2020  1:58 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/8/2020  2:03 PM
KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy