[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

1/20/2020  12:09 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Nalod wrote:I thought Isiah was in his ear for years?

Yeah, and who told Dolan to hire Isiah?

Guess who's been around longer than Isiah?

Both answers are teflon Steve Mills.

And don't get it twisted - Scott Perry was hired as the whipping boy for Mills. If things go sideways with Dolan he's going to throw Perry under the bus the first chance he gets. Just like he did with Fizdale, which I predicted was going to happen way before it happened.

Mills has mastered the art of keeping his job under any circumstance and he won't stop now.

It is the main skill taught at Harvard Business school. Mills always got an A.

Gotta say, as much as I hate Mills, and would appreciate his ass being fired, I actually like where we are .(minus the losing) and some of the additions. Randle is a beast taking it to the hoop. He is young and athletic. If we get rid of his desire to handle the ball, shoot the three and hold the ball, we May have a star. Morris has shown he has the ability to be the best player on the court in most games. Clutch and plays well at both ends. May be the only good player since Melo that I believe wants to play here. I like Payton as a solid back up. Like Taj to teach the younger guys. Like Portis and his threes but m ay rather deal him due to his salary unless he adds rebounding and can drive more. Like Bullocks ability to hit the three. Like our young players. Dot, Mitch, Smith, Frank, Knox and Barret. Both for potential and value. Do think we will have to make a decision on a few of them though. Cant keep 6 guys that MAY be able to put it together if you want to win. Think we need better 3pt shooting and an Elite guard. Hate Mills but think he could have done worse once we missed out on big names. Now just hoping he does not do anything stupid. If so, I'll give him a C+ for this year's moves. A B if he can get picks for some of the short term rentals.

Randle is not a beast. If that's the definition of a beast then I feel sorry for beasts. If you get rid of his 3 main attributes then you have a star? Sounds like a solid plan.

Morris is a 30 year old role player getting minutes and putting up numbers on a bad team. That's about it. If we had a title contender he would be fine here. But the team is going nowhere.

Portis, Payton, Taj and Bullock are all either fodder or straight garbage.

Dotson - role player at best.

Knox - will be in China/Europe within 4 years.

Smith - Not even worth discussing. Broken jump shot, lazy and low basketball IQ.

Frank - good role player due to his incredible defense. That's it.

Mitchell - Still has a long way to go. Right now he's just Javale McGee but has most potential on the team.

Barrett - Has great potential and is the best young player on the team. Not sure of star potential just yet.

What the Knicks need is new management. I don't know how people watch the guys the Knicks sign and see positive attributes. Maybe you've been watching basketball for so long that it just becomes normal to you.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/20/2020  9:32 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

And don't get it twisted - Scott Perry was hired as the whipping boy for Mills. If things go sideways with Dolan he's going to throw Perry under the bus the first chance he gets. Just like he did with Fizdale, which I predicted was going to happen way before it happened.

Mills has mastered the art of keeping his job under any circumstance and he won't stop now.

Gotta say, as much as I hate Mills, and would appreciate his ass being fired, I actually like where we are .(minus the losing) and some of the additions. Randle is a beast taking it to the hoop. He is young and athletic. If we get rid of his desire to handle the ball, shoot the three and hold the ball, we May have a star. Morris has shown he has the ability to be the best player on the court in most games. Clutch and plays well at both ends. May be the only good player since Melo that I believe wants to play here. I like Payton as a solid back up. Like Taj to teach the younger guys. Like Portis and his threes but m ay rather deal him due to his salary unless he adds rebounding and can drive more. Like Bullocks ability to hit the three. Like our young players. Dot, Mitch, Smith, Frank, Knox and Barret. Both for potential and value. Do think we will have to make a decision on a few of them though. Cant keep 6 guys that MAY be able to put it together if you want to win. Think we need better 3pt shooting and an Elite guard. Hate Mills but think he could have done worse once we missed out on big names. Now just hoping he does not do anything stupid. If so, I'll give him a C+ for this year's moves. A B if he can get picks for some of the short term rentals.

You like where we are minus the losing?????

That's like saying I like the car although it doesn't have an engine.

We have a roster full of suspect players, and we have extra draft picks for us to bring in more young players in a losing environment which has had a serious impact on developing any of them.

ES
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/20/2020  10:09 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Randle is not a beast. If that's the definition of a beast then I feel sorry for beasts. If you get rid of his 3 main attributes then you have a star? Sounds like a solid plan.

Morris is a 30 year old role player getting minutes and putting up numbers on a bad team. That's about it. If we had a title contender he would be fine here. But the team is going nowhere.

Smith - Not even worth discussing. Broken jump shot, lazy and low basketball IQ.

Mitchell - Still has a long way to go. Right now he's just Javale McGee but has most potential on the team.

Barrett - Has great potential and is the best young player on the team. Not sure of star potential just yet.

What the Knicks need is new management. I don't know how people watch the guys the Knicks sign and see positive attributes. Maybe you've been watching basketball for so long that it just becomes normal to you.

Guy sitting in his apartment typing NBA players are "garbage." That's where I stop reading.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/20/2020  10:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

We have a roster full of suspect players, and we have extra draft picks for us to bring in more young players in a losing environment which has had a serious impact on developing any of them.

Agree the team is not very good. Post was to acknowledge it could have been worse. Also, that the guys signed have not played as bad as anticipated and some have played quite well. Here is my question, mind you I hate Mills, hate the losing, hate the incompetence. What would YOU have done differently this past summer? Who would YOU have signed? Point is to get better each year. Although I did not like the signings initially, missing on big names, the way KP thing turned out, losing thus far, I do think we have been more competitive and have had better Pros on the court this year. Although not good, incrementally better. And as bad as we have been the last 6 years, that's a step. But agree, it will take a new group to run the team before anything substantially changes.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/20/2020  10:39 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Hey, I understand the anger. We are not very good and we are still the laughing stock in the league and have been for several years. However, as angry as I am it still helps to be subjective. Disagree that Randle is not a beast "Down low". As we have seen when he catches the ball down low he is hard to stop. Think if we bring in someone that can get him in the right role he can be a solid player. Portis and Payton are 'Backup" players. Were you expecting them to come here and be stars? What teams have stars as backups? Agree with assessment that youngins have a lot to work on. Again, so do most young players in the league under 22. Were you expecting Doncic?

Again, not claiming we are ready for playoffs or have the right pieces in place. Just saying that things could have been worse. Considering how much of a joke we have been, the only thing that we can hope to do is get a little bit better each year. Think that we have competed much more and have some more positives than Ron Baker getting a two year contract.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
1/20/2020  11:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2020  11:24 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Agree the team is not very good. Post was to acknowledge it could have been worse. Also, that the guys signed have not played as bad as anticipated and some have played quite well. Here is my question, mind you I hate Mills, hate the losing, hate the incompetence. What would YOU have done differently this past summer? Who would YOU have signed? Point is to get better each year. Although I did not like the signings initially, missing on big names, the way KP thing turned out, losing thus far, I do think we have been more competitive and have had better Pros on the court this year. Although not good, incrementally better. And as bad as we have been the last 6 years, that's a step. But agree, it will take a new group to run the team before anything substantially changes.

The first thing I would have done (knowing kyrie and kemba had no interest) is sacrifice whatever Mempis wanted for Ja, if that called for 2 future 1st, Rj frank and dtson or trier so be it (all 3 have values that have significantly drop this season).

I'm not crazy about our F/A signing's but i don't think they were bad at all. I would have did exactly what Grunwald did and sign them all to 2 yr contracts to show at least a little stability.

If moving up for Ja was too expensive, I would have went hard after Rubio or Rozier, like real hard.

I would have traded frank for any guard that can shoot 3's, I would have engaged the pistons in a swap frank for kennard

I would have kept Mudiay and kornet instead of signing Payton.

The options were endless with 74 miliion and extra draft picks at your disposal

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/20/2020  11:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

The first thing I would have done (knowing kyrie and kemba had no interest) is sacrifice whatever Mempis wanted for Ja, if that called for 2 future 1st, Rj frank and dtson or trier so be it (all 3 have values that have significantly drop this season).

I'm not crazy about our F/A signing's but i don't think they were bad at all. I would have did exactly what Grunwald Perry did and sign them all to 2 yr contracts to show at least a little stability.

If moving up for Ja was too expensive, I would have went hard after Rubio or Rozier, like real hard.

I would have traded frank for any guard that can shoot 3's, I would have engaged the pistons in a swap frank for kennard

Fixed that for you.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
1/20/2020  12:40 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

I'm not crazy about our F/A signing's but i don't think they were bad at all. I would have did exactly what Grunwald Perry did and sign them all to 2 yr contracts to show at least a little stability.

Fixed that for you.

I'm sure your ecstatic with the F/O..no surprise here

ES
HofstraBBall

1/20/2020  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2020  12:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

I'm not crazy about our F/A signing's but i don't think they were bad at all. I would have did exactly what Grunwald did and sign them all to 2 yr contracts to show at least a little stability.

Risking that much on Ja, at the time, would have been a tough call. Don't think any team would have done that. Feel Knicks thought they had that potential in Smith. In retrospect, yeah maybe.

Rubio has not made any of his teams get over the hump. What makes you think he would have done so with this cast?

Although I agree we could have picked up a couple more three point shooters, don't think we would have needed to give up a former number 8 to do so. As there were several in Free agency.

Mudiay and Payton are not that much of a difference. But would not have minded giving Mudiay another year for 5.7. Although feel it was smart to bring in Payton since he had previous chemistry with Randle.

I wanted Kyrie and KD but in retrospect that would not have made for a better year. What those two bring in the long run is yet to be seen. As angry as I was for missing out, agree with most that at least we did not do really stupid long term deals with the excess.

Like I said, as much as I hate Mills. Think we are slightly better and in better position than last year. Agree that I too am frustrated at the tenure of losing and agree that we will need a fresh start with a completely new front office to make that end.

knicks1248
1/20/2020  1:10 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Risking that much on Ja, at the time, would have been a tough call. Don't think any team would have done that. Feel Knicks thought they had that potential in Smith. In retrospect, yeah maybe.

Rubio has not made any of his teams get over the hump. What makes you think he would have done so with this cast?

Although I agree we could have picked up a couple more three point shooters, don't think we would have needed to give up a former number 8 to do so. As there were several in Free agency.

Mudiay and Payton are not that much of a difference. But would not have minded giving Mudiay another year for 5.7. Although feel it was smart to bring in Payton since he had previous chemistry with Randle.

I wanted Kyrie and KD but in retrospect that would not have made for a better year. What those two bring in the long run is yet to be seen. As angry as I was for missing out, agree with most that at least we did not do really stupid long term deals with the excess.

Like I said, as much as I hate Mills. Think we are slightly better and in better position than last year. Agree that I too am frustrated at the tenure of losing and agree that we will need a fresh start with a completely new front office to make that end.

That is 99% of what I want

But You can say the same thing about Morris as you said about Rubio..

Trae and JA were no brainers dude (i watched almost every college game they played) They made every single player around them so much better(and they has some crack heads on there roster) with there passing abilities. So even if their defense was a question, they were so good in other areas, like passing, shooting and dunking that you can over look there suspect defense.

Unlike frank, who is not that good of a defender to over look his brutal offense or is ability to set up players directly like young and JA..

I dont care if FRANK was a 8th or 9th pick, look at mudiay, DSJ, and payton, all traded before their rookie contracts expired..and all 3 teams are doing much better without them, while we took their dead weight and are doing horrible..Like we had a top notch developing program.

ES
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

1/20/2020  11:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Trae and JA were no brainers dude (i watched almost every college game they played) They made every single player around them so much better(and they has some crack heads on there roster) with there passing abilities. So even if their defense was a question, they were so good in other areas, like passing, shooting and dunking that you can over look there suspect defense.

Unlike frank, who is not that good of a defender to over look his brutal offense or is ability to set up players directly like young and JA..

I dont care if FRANK was a 8th or 9th pick, look at mudiay, DSJ, and payton, all traded before their rookie contracts expired..and all 3 teams are doing much better without them, while we took their dead weight and are doing horrible..Like we had a top notch developing program.

Well, moving forward, what does your crystal ball see for the 2020 draft? The needs are still the same. Shooting and a legit PG.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/20/2020  11:23 PM
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/21/2020  2:43 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Well, moving forward, what does your crystal ball see for the 2020 draft? The needs are still the same. Shooting and a legit PG.

The needs are the same because the front office is inept and incapable of fixing a proper NBA ball club.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/22/2020  7:36 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

The needs are the same because the front office is inept and incapable of fixing a proper NBA ball club.

so you subscribe to the theory that a superstar GM can instantly turn this club's fortunes around, that such a brilliant BB mind could instantly swap out mediocre talent for superstar talent?

Or maybe not a superstar GM, but simply a decent one, where Perry is an abject disaster?

I'm not defending Mills, but you have to give Perry a bit more time in his effort to improve and build. It's not happening overnight. We still lack franchise talent. Jury is out on Barrett and Robinson.

We simply need another high draft pick.

And granted, I don't know that Perry would have had the vision to trade for Doncic, but I know he was never in a position to.

People calling for Perry's head I think are missing the bigger picture. When Perry was brought in, the franchise was beyond dead. This is not a 3 year rebuild. This is going to take 5+ years to move forward again.

There is some fair stuff you can criticize him and Mills on. Fizdale is huge, so is not retaining Mudiay. But you have to allow Perry some learning on the job bumps.

Im happy if Perry is an average GM, as long as he can have/build stability.

We've certainly had better GMs - like Donnie Walsh, but he never had stability to work with.

And we've had worse, maybe even the worst.

Unless Jerry West or Greg Popovich are walking through the door to replace Mills/Perry, I like the stability and hopefully continued incremental improvement.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
1/22/2020  10:35 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

I don't understand the complain about shooting. We added 4 above average shooters in the offseason in Wellington, Bullock, Morris and portis. Plus Trier ans dotson, We have 6 competent shooters. Unfortunately, most have regressed from career averages. This is the Knicks way
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/22/2020  11:42 AM
What if we brought this guy in? We'd easily forget about KP, and things would come full triangle.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/22/2020  1:54 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:What if we brought this guy in? We'd easily forget about KP, and things would come full triangle.

I'd trade either Knox or DSJ for Markkanen. He is having a below average year for sure but he had two above average years before that.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

1/22/2020  3:22 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:What if we brought this guy in? We'd easily forget about KP, and things would come full triangle.

I'd trade either Knox or DSJ for Markkanen. He is having a below average year for sure but he had two above average years before that.

Yes pls, he us better than advertised

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/22/2020  3:43 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I like him a lot, I’d even throw in the second mavs 1st. Wouldn’t be surprised if OKC make a bid for him with their boatload of picks

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/29/2020  5:10 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy