[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If I’m Perry I’m not looking at contenders to trade Morris to
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

1/6/2020  6:12 AM
martin wrote:Didn’t know this:

If thats the case you have to trade him. It also kills a lot of his value in a trade

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/6/2020  7:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
shinmen wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
shinmen wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I live in fear of Mills trading Morris, Portis and Ellington for Westbrook

If Mills transforms Morris, Portis and Ellington into Westbrook, that's a holdup of the highest order. For all his faults and he has many, Westbrook makes a greater impact on the floor than those 3 combined.

I actually like that trade for the Rockets- gets them out of Westbrook's salary, and gives them three three point shooters. Would hate it for us- Westbrooks salary is a monster now, imagine how bad it will be as he declines! he's due $47mil 2022-23 when he'll be 34, nothing worse than a volume scorer on decline

Wow, I did not think his salary was that much. Ok i take back what I've said.

It's one of the worst contracts in the league- $38mil this year, $41mil 2020-21, $44mil 2021-22 and $47mil 2022-23

People think CP3 and Westbrooks contracts are bad, but they are really not..Consider the fact that 4 yrs ago Melos' contract (124 Mill) seem crazy, now a slightly above avg player is getting that.

By the time they're in the last yr of their contract, it's only going to take two avg players in any trade, or they can be brought out.

There's no Horrible contracts in the NBA Today

Now you want to be patient with watching aging player suck out all team flexibility for 3-4 years while team suck just to see some highlights here and there.
This smart...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/6/2020  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2020  8:25 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:Didn’t know this:

If thats the case you have to trade him. It also kills a lot of his value in a trade

EveryBody Knew this when they signed him, that why it's always been about resigning him.

I would trade Portis and DSJ for Dennis Schroder, Noel and add whatever minor pieces to make it work.

I definitely want to keep morris for at least 2 more yrs, and add more Solid vets that can shoot FREE THROWS, has a respectable perimeter and lay up game , and schroder would fit this system .

ES
knicks1248
1/6/2020  10:20 AM
You can't and should not trade a guy on your roster who say things like

“I’m in New York,’’ Morris said. “It ain’t going to change. I love our team and love our future. I want to be part of helping young guys grow. That was the reason I wanted to come here. It’s just in me to be a leader. Young guys, that’s what I’m here to do, help them on and off the court.’’

This guys is a leader and the knicks haven't had on of those since LJ, spree and Oak days.

Im saying no to any trades,unless I'm getting a star in return

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/6/2020  10:43 AM
We can resign him after the season. His leadership and points are all fantastic increases that should help him score a nice payday.
We can trade him, and resign him when he is free. I heard many players say fantastic things about wanting to be here, or any other team. You want your incumbent team to pay up and you want to create a market which drives up demand and thus his contract.

At the same time we have RJ Barrett a full 10 years younger.
LJ and Oak were great. Morris' words are great. Morris likely has hit his ceiling. Why has he not before? Why does has he been expendable to his previous teams?
I like the guy and what he is doing. I don't know what we can get for him via trade but if three teams want him the price will go up.

If you can get Kyle Kuzma, would you do it?? Cuz Kuz won't win them a chip. Morris can and...........Keephing him off philly and Clippers is important also.
Clippers can throw PG13, Leonard then Morris on Lebron in a series!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/6/2020  11:11 AM
Nalod wrote:We can resign him after the season. His leadership and points are all fantastic increases that should help him score a nice payday.
We can trade him, and resign him when he is free. I heard many players say fantastic things about wanting to be here, or any other team. You want your incumbent team to pay up and you want to create a market which drives up demand and thus his contract.

LJ and Oak were great. Morris' words are great. Morris likely has hit his ceiling. Why has he not before? Why does has he been expendable to his previous teams?
I like the guy and what he is doing. I don't know what we can get for him via trade but if three teams want him the price will go up.

If you can get Kyle Kuzma, would you do it?? Cuz Kuz won't win them a chip. Morris can and...........Keephing him off philly and Clippers is important also.

They wouldn't include Kuzma in a deal for AD... I do not believe they would flip him for Morris

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2020  11:26 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:We can resign him after the season. His leadership and points are all fantastic increases that should help him score a nice payday.

They wouldn't include Kuzma in a deal for AD... I do not believe they would flip him for Morris

They absolutely would if they thought it would put them on top; in fact, maybe they kept Kuzma for just this scenario. Lakers pretty much have a 2 year window to win a champion. They are all in. Same with LAC who have a 3+ year window. Buck have a 2 year window to show Greek Freak something.

Feel like Philly has the best assets and salary to do a deal with Knicks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
1/6/2020  12:00 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

Lets be real and we all know trade ideas/rumors are mostly low % discussions and I tend to agree but......Kuz long range shooting as a stretch 4 is not there quite yet. They are all in for this year. Morris gives Lakers ability to rest Lebron more and stubborn as he is he needs to fight father time a bit and be fresh. Also, Morris on the clippers becomes a problem. Their duo has to be minutes managed and Morris in a series with Lakers gives them a lot of options.
This is a chess game and in an arms race scenario his price could get silly even for a half season rental. I don't know what Clippers or philly could offer but I look at morris like this: He was a short term rental we lucked into and was thought a 2nd round pick trade value. He is at least a late 1st. With multiple picks it gives us the ability to take a risk with some picks and that's how you "luck" into building thru the draft.
As for Kuzma, there are money issues that we can't trade him straight up but fact is he is a good long term asset but they have to get this chip thing done NOW!!! If Lebron breaks Davis can walk after this year. Lakers are playing for real and need to push the chips to the middle of the table. If Clippers get Morris, its a problem for them. Morris I believe is genuine about wanting to be here. Its easy to quantify what he is doing now vs. the potential of Knox and Barrett.
Im not a professional scout and verify Knox upside potential. Im a hopeful fan and root for him. Barrett to me is a 3. A true 19 year old with his build is very encouraging. He is my future 3.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/6/2020  2:22 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Lets be real and we all know trade ideas/rumors are mostly low % discussions and I tend to agree but......Kuz long range shooting as a stretch 4 is not there quite yet. They are all in for this year. Morris gives Lakers ability to rest Lebron more and stubborn as he is he needs to fight father time a bit and be fresh. Also, Morris on the clippers becomes a problem. Their duo has to be minutes managed and Morris in a series with Lakers gives them a lot of options.
This is a chess game and in an arms race scenario his price could get silly even for a half season rental. I don't know what Clippers or philly could offer but I look at morris like this: He was a short term rental we lucked into and was thought a 2nd round pick trade value. He is at least a late 1st. With multiple picks it gives us the ability to take a risk with some picks and that's how you "luck" into building thru the draft.
As for Kuzma, there are money issues that we can't trade him straight up but fact is he is a good long term asset but they have to get this chip thing done NOW!!! If Lebron breaks Davis can walk after this year. Lakers are playing for real and need to push the chips to the middle of the table. If Clippers get Morris, its a problem for them. Morris I believe is genuine about wanting to be here. Its easy to quantify what he is doing now vs. the potential of Knox and Barrett.
Im not a professional scout and verify Knox upside potential. Im a hopeful fan and root for him. Barrett to me is a 3. A true 19 year old with his build is very encouraging. He is my future 3.

I must admit that I missed the part about Kuzma being on the block. Yeah, I would definitely see if they had interest in Morris if Kuzma is available

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
1/6/2020  2:58 PM
This FO has never made a trade that actually made sense, or one that we actually won.

Their entire timeline has been based on signing or trading players that they waive or trade 90 to 120 days later for pennies on the dollar.

Just no stability whatsoever..

Trading Morris or Randle means you go into next season as a yet another rebuilding season, leading up to 2021 Free agency as an extremely unattractive team with no stars.

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/6/2020  3:13 PM
How many trades have we won in recent history?

I can only really think of melo for the pick that became Mitch and the sprewell trade

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/6/2020  3:31 PM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

They absolutely would if they thought it would put them on top; in fact, maybe they kept Kuzma for just this scenario. Lakers pretty much have a 2 year window to win a champion. They are all in. Same with LAC who have a 3+ year window. Buck have a 2 year window to show Greek Freak something.

Feel like Philly has the best assets and salary to do a deal with Knicks.

Haven't checked salary, but I like the Clippers assets the best. They have their own 1st round pick and 2 young prospects in Jerome Robinson and Landry Shamet. I think we would be able to pick one of the 3 in a Morris trade.

Nalod
USA
1/6/2020  5:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:This FO has never made a trade that actually made sense, or one that we actually won.

Their entire timeline has been based on signing or trading players that they waive or trade 90 to 120 days later for pennies on the dollar.

Trading Morris or Randle means you go into next season as a yet another rebuilding season, leading up to 2021 Free agency as an extremely unattractive team with no stars.

So doing nothing, or give Morris 20 a year? Hardaway made 18 a year. Morris showing a lot. Whats do you pay him.
We know what's been done in the past, how do you win a trade? not doing one?

arkrud
USA
1/6/2020  5:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:This FO has never made a trade that actually made sense, or one that we actually won.

So doing nothing, or give Morris 20 a year? Hardaway made 18 a year. Morris showing a lot. Whats do you pay him.

Stability comes when team get it's long term core in place.
We do not have any of this. Before that it is constant change of personal.
Morris is out of out timeline by 5 years.
If we want to get anything for him we must trade him at deadline.
He will sign in off-season with Phily for sure. This was most likely his goal from get go.
And he will do same regardless of finishing with Knicks of as mercenary for playoffs with Clips or Lakers.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
MS
Member: #724
1/6/2020  5:53 PM
Stability? We have a team full of veterans and we have 10 wins.

We beat one good team in the last month, the Nets. The Kings was a good win and we have been playing a lot better. But what are we holding onto?

You trade whoever you can to accumulate value to include in future trades. Morris is playing at a level he can’t sustain. We all like what he brings, but he isn’t going to sign another one year deal. Do we really like him at 20MM+ a year over three?

knicks1248
1/6/2020  6:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2020  6:50 PM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He will sign in off-season with Phily for sure. This was most likely his goal from get go.
And he will do same regardless of finishing with Knicks of as mercenary for playoffs with Clips or Lakers.

Are you 2 brothers or best friends..smh

None of our young guys are stars, not even close, which makes them easy to trade.

I'm more interested in getting guys on Morris and Randles level than frank, knox, dotson, or trier. If your not winning, your changing.

It's time to take the young guys and flip them for guys on Randle and Morris and Payton's level 4 to 5 yrs in.

This trading good players for draft picks is a cycle that will never end..the sad part is you see it, and live in denial

ES
arkrud
USA
1/6/2020  10:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:

None of our young guys are stars, not even close, which makes them easy to trade.

I'm more interested in getting guys on Morris and Randles level than frank, knox, dotson, or trier. If your not winning, your changing.

It's time to take the young guys and flip them for guys on Randle and Morris and Payton's level 4 to 5 yrs in.

This trading good players for draft picks is a cycle that will never end..the sad part is you see it, and live in denial

Randle and Morris and Payton's level players will give you 40 wins max. What the point?
To build a good team in NBA you need to suck badly for 5 years with purpose.
Knicks managed to suck 20 years for nothing. Time to suck on purpose and build a good team not mediocre crap to please some infantile fans with 40 wins.

Nalod
USA
1/7/2020  8:19 AM

knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Your in drunk uncle mode. I’m sure you labeled Randle and Morris “Role players” in the past and now your enamored with what’s in front of you as the core? Trade young players prematurely for other role players?
More Easley and Anderson?
I get you have no faith in what you can’t see. Randle might be a nice core PF and we have him for two more after this. Morris should be celebrated as a great signee and trade asset.

Shake your head.

knicks1248
1/7/2020  8:21 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Randle and Morris and Payton's level players will give you 40 wins max. What the point?
Knicks managed to suck 20 years for nothing. Time to suck on purpose and build a good team not mediocre crap to please some infantile fans with 40 wins.

And young players like knox, frank, dotson, trier, dsj, will get coaches fired, Presidents fired, other players traded, 17 wins, no stability and label dysfunction.

A star will be more inclined to sign with a 40 win team that's a few pieces away as oppose to a young squad with no identity, no focusness, and just happy to be here...

I would keep Mitch and RJ, and trade the rest of them

ES
Nalod
USA
1/7/2020  10:47 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:

And young players like knox, frank, dotson, trier, dsj, will get coaches fired, Presidents fired, other players traded, 17 wins, no stability and label dysfunction.

A star will be more inclined to sign with a 40 win team that's a few pieces away as oppose to a young squad with no identity, no focusness, and just happy to be here...

I would keep Mitch and RJ, and trade the rest of them

This is how it works. Keep drafting and mining for gold. Some will not succeed. Dot and Trier look down and out. Bullock looks real good.
Knox and Dennis are at low points. Doubt much value there to trade. Frank is a fan Favorite and a rotation player. When better players come thru the door you move on. Drunk Uncle makes it all sound so simple.

If I’m Perry I’m not looking at contenders to trade Morris to

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy