12/3/2019  9:47 AM
djsunyc wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:So fire the coach...

Fire the Prez and the GM while we are at it.

Trade anyone for picks. The future is always brighter...

Yeah...

We’ve been living in the future while trying to make the present look nice and completely forgetting this is about the game of basketball.

Everything is honestly wrong, and whoever isn’t wrong at the moment will either turn into that or find a way out of this mess.

Isn’t doing the same and expecting different results madness? Well, we keep arguing about the same stuff year after year. We really expect anything good?

This is more than Fiz, Mills, Perry and any of the players. It does starts with Dolan, but it covers everyone. This hasn’t been solved in decades. Another fired coach alone won’t do the trick. The disease is everywhere. Sorry for the cloudy forecast, but this isn’t close to be fixed at all.

Please explain how Dolan is responsible for this fiasco? All he did was sign the checks.

The Dolan bashing is just over the top.

I am with you guys to be honest.Besides being a life long die hard Knicks fan I am a life long die hard Rangers fan as well, Dolan owns them as well yet they have a good President and outstanding GM.They announced a rebuild traded pretty much all the pieces to teams that went to 3 ECF had the best record in the league one of those years and went to a Stanley Cup final.They missed the POs last year and still signed the premier bona fide star FA in the league , have the youngest team in the league and are fighting for a PO spot this year and they have the best farm system in the league.

I don't watch Hockey and wont pretend to know much about it, but I do know that the Rangers have had 2 GM's in 20 years. When is the last time the Knicks showed that type of stability? This whole idea of firing the coach and front office after 2-3 yrs on the job just feeds into the typical Knick losing cycle.

I do watch a **** ton of hockey and an a huge rangers fan. The Rangers hired Glen Father first, the architect of the great Edmonton teams. He was responsible for drafting Gretzky, Messier, and a bunch of other greats. When Sather first came, it was like it was a ****ing joke. People wanted to fire Sather at first, including me. But they gave him time and my God did he set the table. I know this isn't exactly fair because I think Phil worked part time and just wanted money.. but we would probably be in a better spot if Dolan had chosen Phil over KP

building a good basketball team is much much harder than building a good hockey team.

why don't you try selling that crap in Canadia

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/3/2019  9:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2019  9:53 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

We’ve been living in the future while trying to make the present look nice and completely forgetting this is about the game of basketball.

Everything is honestly wrong, and whoever isn’t wrong at the moment will either turn into that or find a way out of this mess.

Isn’t doing the same and expecting different results madness? Well, we keep arguing about the same stuff year after year. We really expect anything good?

This is more than Fiz, Mills, Perry and any of the players. It does starts with Dolan, but it covers everyone. This hasn’t been solved in decades. Another fired coach alone won’t do the trick. The disease is everywhere. Sorry for the cloudy forecast, but this isn’t close to be fixed at all.

Please explain how Dolan is responsible for this fiasco? All he did was sign the checks.

I am with you guys to be honest.Besides being a life long die hard Knicks fan I am a life long die hard Rangers fan as well, Dolan owns them as well yet they have a good President and outstanding GM.They announced a rebuild traded pretty much all the pieces to teams that went to 3 ECF had the best record in the league one of those years and went to a Stanley Cup final.They missed the POs last year and still signed the premier bona fide star FA in the league , have the youngest team in the league and are fighting for a PO spot this year and they have the best farm system in the league.

I don't watch Hockey and wont pretend to know much about it, but I do know that the Rangers have had 2 GM's in 20 years. When is the last time the Knicks showed that type of stability? This whole idea of firing the coach and front office after 2-3 yrs on the job just feeds into the typical Knick losing cycle.

I do watch a **** ton of hockey and an a huge rangers fan. The Rangers hired Glen Father first, the architect of the great Edmonton teams. He was responsible for drafting Gretzky, Messier, and a bunch of other greats. When Sather first came, it was like it was a ****ing joke. People wanted to fire Sather at first, including me. But they gave him time and my God did he set the table. I know this isn't exactly fair because I think Phil worked part time and just wanted money.. but we would probably be in a better spot if Dolan had chosen Phil over KP

building a good basketball team is much much harder than building a good hockey team.

Nooo...building a good hockey team is way harder. They have more players and a real salary cap.

I think both are hard. I think it is probably way harder to acquire depth in hockey. Harder to develop players.

I think in basketball it is way harder to find a legit, bonafide star.

The two games are so different. In hockey you really need a goalie, three sets of defensemen, and four lines (12 players) that you can consistently play to have a chance at a championship. In basketball you need at least one, most definitely two, and hopefully three stars to carry the water for a ring. So in short I think its apples and oranges but yeah it isn't a cakewalk to build a hockey team.. that's nonsense

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/3/2019  10:55 AM
djsunyc wrote:

That would be my face at work if I had a Guaranteed contract no accountability.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/3/2019  11:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2019  11:56 AM
fwk00 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

Phil was spot on with wanting to trade KP. Phil was a worthy successor to Walsh and that FO group. Phil couldn't fix it but he left it far better than he found it.

Perry is being underestimated. This is ugly. A team without charisma in NY. He has to fix that while not giving into bad trades and signings.

Prune hard.

Disagree. Phil gutted a conference final team. Tanked for three years and slept all the way through it. He also was unable to solidify a relationship with the only good draft pick in decades. Phil was the biggest starphuck in NY Knick history. Disagree with Anyone who thinks he did a good job.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

12/3/2019  11:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2019  11:54 AM
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

I don't watch Hockey and wont pretend to know about it, but I do know that the Rangers have had 2 GM's in 20 years. When is the last time the Knicks showed that type of stability? This whole idea of firing the coach and front office after 2-3 yrs on the job just feeds into the typical Knick losing cycle.

Stability in coaching and FO is a romantic ideal

Raptors dumped a coach of the year and won the next season w a rookie head coach

Gs dumped mark Jackson (50+ wins) and never looked back

There are many more examples

If you have the chance to improve you do it. Whether that’s better development or wins you do it

Fizz has proven to be a truly lousy coach both here and Memphis. All hot air

FO is a bunch of morons too

Fizdale has worn out his welcome mostly due to his own bad faith of wholly wasting last year's forgivable losing record.

This year's whole "let's straighten out DSJ and Randall" BS ignores the rest of the team and again invests in assets that are losing value.

I'm not as down on the FO. They didn't have much to work with to begin with - more than Phil but less than a handful of worthwhile assets.

Compound that paucity of talent with a nod and wink tanking season and then being misled as to their chances of landing Durant, the Plan 'B' Hail Mary signings were/are forgivable.

BUT, BUT, BUT... now that its a failed experiment its time to recalibrate. Cut bait on the obvious failures and continue to build through the draft.

As they say, When you are going through hell, keep going.

The FO had over $70 Million? And they gave a lot of that to the guy you are complaining about.
What assets have they invested in DSJR? Don't think we traded KP in order to steal DS from the Mavs.

Agree that its time to change course. Perhaps it should have stayed the course of 2018/2019. Short term cheap deals on guys that were young, former high draft picks and that may have needed a change of scenery. With the plan to give draft picks and young players most of the run. Along with having some cheap vets to teach them the ropes. Thought it was telling when it took an injury to give Frank minutes. We need to play the young assets we have and although you disagree, that includes DSJR. Would like to see Trier, Dotson, Mitch(when he can stay on the floor), RJ, Smith, Frank, Iggy get most of the run. Hopefully we can get some more picks by trading Portis, Morris and Taj. Randle is not the type of player to help a rebuild and should be dealt. Imo. The whole idea that you need to win to help develop guys may be true. But its obvious that the FA's we have are not helping that at all. So if we are losing, why not play the kids.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/3/2019  12:47 PM
Uptown wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

I don't watch Hockey and wont pretend to know about it, but I do know that the Rangers have had 2 GM's in 20 years. When is the last time the Knicks showed that type of stability? This whole idea of firing the coach and front office after 2-3 yrs on the job just feeds into the typical Knick losing cycle.

Raptors dumped a coach of the year and won the next season w a rookie head coach

If you have the chance to improve you do it. Whether that’s better development or wins you do it

Since Perry arrived, he was able to move unmovable contracts of the cap and undid, a ton of boneheaded moves Phil made. This is the first time we had someone in the front office that is committed to rebuilding, clearing the cap, and collecting draft picks as opposed to trading them. With everything that Perry has done so far, the biggest fear is that Dolan will cave-in to the noise and prove to be too impatient to rebuild and undo what Perry has set forth and fire him.

Somehow, Fiz lead the Griz toe playoffs and Conley had one of his best seasons as a pro....Not saying Fiz is the second coming of Riley, but who is this coach out there thats going to fix this mess?

Mike Miller

The push for Mike Miller reminds me of the blind-love that most fans have for the backup quarterback. He can't be any worse, right? This is Mike Miller's first year coaching in the NBA, what in the world has he done to merit a head coaching job let alone give anyone belief that he is the right coach for the job?

what were your thoughts about the Raptors firing Casey and having Nick Nurse lead the team?

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/3/2019  12:50 PM
Vmart wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

That would be my face at work if I had a Guaranteed contract no accountability.

It's my face if I know I'm soon to be fired but know I'll never have to work again and have a smoking hot wife and millions and millions of dollars

Chandler

12/3/2019  12:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

Phil was spot on with wanting to trade KP. Phil was a worthy successor to Walsh and that FO group. Phil couldn't fix it but he left it far better than he found it.

Perry is being underestimated. This is ugly. A team without charisma in NY. He has to fix that while not giving into bad trades and signings.

Prune hard.

Disagree. Phil gutted a conference final team. Tanked for three years and slept all the way through it. He also was unable to solidify a relationship with the only good draft pick in decades. Phil was the biggest starphuck in NY Knick history. Disagree with Anyone who thinks he did a good job.

Phil had a decent plan. Bad execution. Personally i think we would have been better off if he had a role like Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville. Instead he was looked to both for general philosophy and execution (where he messed up most)

we have gone from bad to worse. Now we have ever-changing plans and bad execution

We're worse than last year by many measures despite the vets

(5)(5)
Chandler

12/3/2019  12:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Man, Fiz has aged 10 years this season, he looks a wreck

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Personally I imagine he's a great guy to have a beer with; seems devoted and hard working. But he's gotta go

(5)(5)
Chandler

12/3/2019  12:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

Fizdale has worn out his welcome mostly due to his own bad faith of wholly wasting last year's forgivable losing record.

This year's whole "let's straighten out DSJ and Randall" BS ignores the rest of the team and again invests in assets that are losing value.

I'm not as down on the FO. They didn't have much to work with to begin with - more than Phil but less than a handful of worthwhile assets.

Compound that paucity of talent with a nod and wink tanking season and then being misled as to their chances of landing Durant, the Plan 'B' Hail Mary signings were/are forgivable.

BUT, BUT, BUT... now that its a failed experiment its time to recalibrate. Cut bait on the obvious failures and continue to build through the draft.

The FO had over $70 Million? And they gave a lot of that to the guy you are complaining about.
What assets have they invested in DSJR? Don't think we traded KP in order to steal DS from the Mavs.

Agree that its time to change course. Perhaps it should have stayed the course of 2018/2019. Short term cheap deals on guys that were young, former high draft picks and that may have needed a change of scenery. With the plan to give draft picks and young players most of the run. Along with having some cheap vets to teach them the ropes. Thought it was telling when it took an injury to give Frank minutes. We need to play the young assets we have and although you disagree, that includes DSJR. Would like to see Trier, Dotson, Mitch(when he can stay on the floor), RJ, Smith, Frank, Iggy get most of the run. Hopefully we can get some more picks by trading Portis, Morris and Taj. Randle is not the type of player to help a rebuild and should be dealt. Imo. The whole idea that you need to win to help develop guys may be true. But its obvious that the FA's we have are not helping that at all. So if we are losing, why not play the kids.

I agree with this 100%. The young guys are watching the vets go ISO a huge % of time. Not good for winning or development IMO

I think with a change of coaching we could resemble a system that will develop players. Right now i think Fizz way too often has players play to their weaknesses, not their strengths. Textbook case the other night when DSJ having a rare good game launches a 30' bomb -- jesus. Having DSJ and Frank camp in the corner as if they are sniper threats? RJ handling ball late in game (with 50% FT). Randle handling the ball (he can do this a littler but not in traffic and not this much).

We are at a point where the youth's confidence will be shattered, and the vets will start getting more selfish becuase THEY won't want to be here when their contract expires and they're playing for their next contract.

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall

12/3/2019  1:29 PM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

I agree with this 100%. The young guys are watching the vets go ISO a huge % of time. Not good for winning or development IMO

I think with a change of coaching we could resemble a system that will develop players. Right now i think Fizz way too often has players play to their weaknesses, not their strengths. Textbook case the other night when DSJ having a rare good game launches a 30' bomb -- jesus. Having DSJ and Frank camp in the corner as if they are sniper threats? RJ handling ball late in game (with 50% FT). Randle handling the ball (he can do this a littler but not in traffic and not this much).

We are at a point where the youth's confidence will be shattered, and the vets will start getting more selfish becuase THEY won't want to be here when their contract expires and they're playing for their next contract.

Great points. Would also add how Randle seems to be the recipient of the last hand off at the top of the key sending the guards to the corners. He seems to be a tough cover down low but makes most of his mistakes when having to create from the perimeter. I like Morris and think he can fit due to his outside shooting. Feel we say this every year but we just don't have many that can shoot the three. You look at how Frank and DSJR get guys open looks only to see a brick or air ball. Would be nice to have picked up some decent three point shooters.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2019  2:51 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

Great points. Would also add how Randle seems to be the recipient of the last hand off at the top of the key sending the guards to the corners. He seems to be a tough cover down low but makes most of his mistakes when having to create from the perimeter. I like Morris and think he can fit due to his outside shooting. Feel we say this every year but we just don't have many that can shoot the three. You look at how Frank and DSJR get guys open looks only to see a brick or air ball. Would be nice to have picked up some decent three point shooters.

They added Ellington and Bullock, who sounds like he's gone through hell, for three point shooting. W also haven't really fully utilized the solid three-point shooters we have in Dot, Trier and Knox. I understand why he's hesitant to use Knox, but I question the way he does use him at times.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler

12/3/2019  2:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BillTheButcher wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Yeah...

Marcus, Ellington, Dot, KK can all shoot the three. Portis too. That doesn't mean they should be shooting on the move though (e.g., Ellington)

Put those guys in the corner or up top to spread the floor.

Randle can pass and dribble a little. Asking him to be Lebron or Harden is making him play to his weakness. We need Randle, Mitch, Portis and Morris to set good picks and either roll or pop. DSJ and Franl would both benefit

Fizz wants to pretend he's coaching the Heat. He wants Randle/RJ to pretend to be Lebron/Wade

(5)(5)
GameTread: Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy