[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: All I want for xmas is four quarters of effort - Knicks v. Celts 12/1
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/1/2019  7:52 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:RJ needs to develop an in between game...when he attacks, he's going all the way to the rim regardless if there is a crowd in the paint or not. A tear-drop or a pull up 10 footer would do wonders for his game.

Would become borderline all star once he develops that.

indeed

AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/1/2019  9:17 PM
How many times did we see the Knicks run pick and roll at Kantor?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/2/2019  10:04 AM
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:Predictable. Fizz can’t close. Can’t develop CAnt coach.

Was painful to watch DSj kill clock being 100% clueless

We will be lucky to get 20 wins

Clean house!

I swear DSJ plays like a guy who is trying to lose his way out. Brutally mindless play.

Smith had a good game...Not sure what you were watching!

He was putrid. Lazy passes. No purpose. Dribbled away 10’seconds is just enough time for the defense to organize. Horrible on D

Stop. The go to "Horrible on D" narrative to erase a decent game. If Frank had played 38 minutes scored 17 points on 55% shooting with 2 blocks and 7 assists and held Kemba to 16 points everyone would be having a stroke celebrating.

He did have a bad TO in last 3 minutes and should have been quick to attack but did play 38 minutes and had others that played badly down the stretch to make shortcomings look worse.

Good game, hope he builds on it. Think he pushed the pace closer to what I they want to run. Hate to see Knox or Randle bring it up.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/2/2019  1:47 PM
I love the play where Kanter comes over to double RJ and he splits the defense for a layup. That's a real 19 year old kid doing that!!!
Im taking away good stuff even from bad losses. My choice.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/2/2019  2:09 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:Predictable. Fizz can’t close. Can’t develop CAnt coach.

Clean house!

I swear DSJ plays like a guy who is trying to lose his way out. Brutally mindless play.

He was putrid. Lazy passes. No purpose. Dribbled away 10’seconds is just enough time for the defense to organize. Horrible on D

Stop. The go to "Horrible on D" narrative to erase a decent game. If Frank had played 38 minutes scored 17 points on 55% shooting with 2 blocks and 7 assists and held Kemba to 16 points everyone would be having a stroke celebrating.

He did have a bad TO in last 3 minutes and should have been quick to attack but did play 38 minutes and had others that played badly down the stretch to make shortcomings look worse.

Good game, hope he builds on it. Think he pushed the pace closer to what I they want to run. Hate to see Knox or Randle bring it up.

Agreed, Smith jr kept probing the D with his drives to the rim, sometimes he finished, sometimes he passed. Was looking to be a threat. Hasnt been doing that up to now. Believe the drives helps build more confidence in his shot.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/2/2019  2:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:Predictable. Fizz cant close. Cant develop CAnt coach.

Clean house!

He was putrid. Lazy passes. No purpose. Dribbled away seconds is just enough time for the defense to organize. Horrible on D

Agreed, Smith jr kept probing the D with his drives to the rim, sometimes he finished, sometimes he passed. Was looking to be a threat. Hasnt been doing that up to now. Believe the drives helps build more confidence in his shot.
I am a big frank fan but I am a Knick fan first. DSJr had an ok game. He looked wonderful driving to the basket and pushing the pace. However, he still has a ways to go with his finishes. His defense is putrid at best. I would still start frank over him but he seems to be trending up. Just a little disappointed that he is not in shape after claiming he has been working out the whole summer
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/2/2019  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2019  5:23 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:Predictable. Fizz cant close. Cant develop CAnt coach.

Clean house!

He was putrid. Lazy passes. No purpose. Dribbled away seconds is just enough time for the defense to organize. Horrible on D

I am a big frank fan but I am a Knick fan first. DSJr had an ok game. He looked wonderful driving to the basket and pushing the pace. However, he still has a ways to go with his finishes. His defense is putrid at best. I would still start frank over him but he seems to be trending up. Just a little disappointed that he is not in shape after claiming he has been working out the whole summer

DSJr's D could be better, but I wouldnt describe it the way you do. Hofstra is right,how many games in Frank's career in the NBA, has he been able to put up numbers like that in a game? Not many, but when Dennis does it, its just "OK".

Gamethread: All I want for xmas is four quarters of effort - Knicks v. Celts 12/1

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy