[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Mills Angling for Fizdalr Firing
Author Thread
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

11/12/2019  1:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2019  1:22 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:See, if you want to bring in a new coach, that’s all fine and good but we still have the same MAJOR roster problems. We have a major point guard problem. Frank is fine but he’s definitely not going to play like he did in Dallas, most games. We have A LOT of very low IQ players. Barrett and Knox and Ntilikina still need to develop A LOT before they can take the keys.

What coach is going to change that? Mills and Perry should be equally accountable.

Of the list of problems the Knicks have, Roster problems is not one of them.

Fizdale, instead of working with what he has (see the Moneyball movie where Bean is trying to get his coach to play the players as they should be played), he wants, as someone pointed out, a Miami look-alike team. That's not who we are.

A coach with an open mind AND a semblance of a system will work wonders.

Nostalgia, (JVG, Mark Jackson) is not gonna cut it.

Oh, and on Dec 15 the roster is definitely an asset not a problem.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/12/2019  2:34 PM
You interview each assistant coach and have then come up with a plan for change.
It gets you thru the season. Turn it around and you can interview for the job. If not, buh Bye.
No sense in Mills/Perry bringing in new blood mid season. This is window dressing mostly to keep the fans at bay.
If Mills/Perry are out you fire them as close to end of season and have your new team ready for draft analysis. Maybe ready for exit interview in April. No need to hire a coach right away. Might have to wait for end of playoffs if an assistant from playoff team or a guy like MDA whose contract expires.
Bring in Morey, Fertitta likely pissed at him. This guy is the starphuch kind of guy with brass ones for NY. For that matter bringin MDA and let him sprinkle his magic Dust on Frank and RJ. You want a guy with Cred, this is the guy. George bought BIlly martin back, why can't MDA? How does anyone not like this guy? He had no roster here and Melo ignored him. He gave us Linsanity. He takes all stars and turns them to gods. Wait, need allstars? Knicks1248 said its easy. no problem.
Sam Presti? His contract up? Anyone who ever worked for Pop? Hire his stock broker, he has to be golden!!!

First you have to tell me what in gods name don't we know in NY with this current group. how can we starphuch ourselves into thinking a new group will do better if we don't know whats up in NY??

Kemet
Member: #6148

11/12/2019  3:34 PM
The ESPN rating on the Dolan's Knicks each season for the past 20 yrs has been given us Knick fans more information bout the Dolan's Knicks than we think. Especially after each off-season when no star FA shows up for a Knick interview, or no NBA top head-coach call the Knicks when they are unemployed for a season or two. And Dolan's Knick management gets change every 3 years.
The problem isn't who will replace management or coach, the big problem are NO ONE wants to work for the Dolan's Knicks without plenty incentive & PERKS !!!

When Dolan pulled Mills/Perry from their seats at half-time of the Cavs/Knicks game to find out why the two haven't FIRED Fizdale after the Kings game, or after the Detroit game .. Im sure their answer were "we cant find a replacement!".

After a 17 win season, plus having $70M to spend on top FA in the off-season, and receiving the 3rd pick of the draft .. the Knicks front office first priority in the off-season were to build on the Knicks coaching-staff by hiring a couple of the unemployed NBA head-coaches to add to the Knicks 17 win season coaching-staff !!!

Kemet
Member: #6148

11/12/2019  3:37 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:Once Fiz is fired....everybody on the outside looking in will have 2 words...."Dumpster fire"

I said that last season after watching Fizdale coach the Knicks first 7 games of the season .. I wanted Hornacek back !!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/12/2019  3:41 PM
Kemet wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:Once Fiz is fired....everybody on the outside looking in will have 2 words...."Dumpster fire"

I said that last season after watching Fizdale coach the Knicks first 7 games of the season .. I wanted Hornacek back !!!

Hornacek wasn't horrible in my opinion. Just a victim of circumstances. He did wonders in his first year in Phoenix. I wish I could combine him with Fiz. At least get him on the staff as an assistant.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00
Member: #6048

11/12/2019  3:50 PM
Nalod wrote:You interview each assistant coach and have then come up with a plan for change.
It gets you thru the season. Turn it around and you can interview for the job. If not, buh Bye.
No sense in Mills/Perry bringing in new blood mid season. This is window dressing mostly to keep the fans at bay.
If Mills/Perry are out you fire them as close to end of season and have your new team ready for draft analysis. Maybe ready for exit interview in April. No need to hire a coach right away. Might have to wait for end of playoffs if an assistant from playoff team or a guy like MDA whose contract expires.
Bring in Morey, Fertitta likely pissed at him. This guy is the starphuch kind of guy with brass ones for NY. For that matter bringin MDA and let him sprinkle his magic Dust on Frank and RJ. You want a guy with Cred, this is the guy. George bought BIlly martin back, why can't MDA? How does anyone not like this guy? He had no roster here and Melo ignored him. He gave us Linsanity. He takes all stars and turns them to gods. Wait, need allstars? Knicks1248 said its easy. no problem.
Sam Presti? His contract up? Anyone who ever worked for Pop? Hire his stock broker, he has to be golden!!!

First you have to tell me what in gods name don't we know in NY with this current group. how can we starphuch ourselves into thinking a new group will do better if we don't know whats up in NY??

Your timeline is way off. Dec 15 is trade time. The Knicks are loaded with one year rentals - most of whom will be eligible to be moved so you want your head coaching decision made prior to that time.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/12/2019  3:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:

Hornacek wasn't horrible in my opinion. Just a victim of circumstances. He did wonders in his first year in Phoenix. I wish I could combine him with Fiz. At least get him on the staff as an assistant.

Aphrodisiac Drink?

"HornyFiz"

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/12/2019  3:55 PM
Fair article, IMO.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2019/11/12/david-fizdale-steve-mills-and-scott-perry-all-deserve-share-of-the-blame-for-the-knicks-embarrassing-start-to-the-2019-20-season/#6e131ca12e17

The offenisve stats REALLY SHOW how bad the offensive system IS. I really don't think its strictly a PG thing. If They had more off the ball movement now, the PG would hardly matter!! The lack of cutters is crazy!

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/12/2019  3:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:

Hornacek wasn't horrible in my opinion. Just a victim of circumstances. He did wonders in his first year in Phoenix. I wish I could combine him with Fiz. At least get him on the staff as an assistant.https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/100216_abby_hornacek_7717_ep.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024

Aphrodisiac Drink?

"HornyFiz"

Is that a combo of Hornacek's daughter and Fizdale's wife? me likey.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/12/2019  6:00 PM

hard to believe but we had a better record last year through 10 playing rookies and retreads, than we do this year
(5)(5)
Chandler

11/12/2019  6:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:

I kind of agree with this. It's funny because i remember when P Jax was not with the Knicks and criticizing the combo of Stat and Melo as an awkward fit. Fast forward a few years and he hires Honacek which was super awkward fit with that roster and the style of play PJ wanted

I suspect Hornacek can get another gig if he wanted one. This will be Fiz's last HC gig in NBA I'm pretty sure.

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/12/2019  6:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2019  6:40 PM
Chandler wrote:
hard to believe but we had a better record last year through 10 playing rookies and retreads, than we do this year

Why is it hard to believe? Our coach can't coach to save his life, the new pieces fit badly our young players (except Frank/Knox for now) are showing that they have regressed and we spent all of last season showcasing one year rental scrubs at the expense of developing our young players and establishing a ststem/style of play. This is what you get when your franchise relies on "!!let's throw **** at the wall to see what sticks" as the primary MO.

And after all that we didn't fire the non coach cheerleader of isolation players.

This is exactly on par with my expectations. Must say I am surprised Frank has shown some improvement but that has a lot more to do with FIBA than with Fiz. If Fiz is allowed to stick around Barrett will be the next casualty.

Firing Fizdale now is not the solution, on the other hand not firing him doubles down on the problem. He should not have been hired in the first place, but given that he was, should have been fired in the off season. Piss poor job of team building by Perry just compounded the problem. Bunch of mismatched bigs who the idiot coach is trying to play as point forwards alongside trying to ruin the rookie we ranked all of last year to get.

Beyond pathetic. But yeah some idots want to blame Dolan for this who had nothing to do with it. Not a fan of Dolan but this blame deflection for Perry/Fiz is mindboggling.

But I am not a fan of throwing good money after bad money or carrying baggage to justify past bad decisions. Both Fiz and Perry should be fired. Mills to - but I doubt it hsppens.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/12/2019  6:50 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Shameless stuff by mills- he chose not to hire Bud (catastrophic mistake), opted for Fiz and assembled a roster that everyone knew in the off-season didn't fit together. Now they sacrifice him to save their own hides.

yeah, I mean Bud had no incentive to go coach Gianis?

Bud wanted NY, he only agreed to the bucks after we'd hired Fiz

ccch
Member: #3876

11/12/2019  7:48 PM
Fiz will be gone by 12/15
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2019  9:23 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Shameless stuff by mills- he chose not to hire Bud (catastrophic mistake), opted for Fiz and assembled a roster that everyone knew in the off-season didn't fit together. Now they sacrifice him to save their own hides.

The reports were he preferred nY. Can’t blame him bc Milwaukee is the pits

Of course giannis would be a draw. So was KP

Every player and coach is brought up with ny for negotiations. He had no real interest.

He wanted to coach a star player

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
11/12/2019  9:35 PM
Fiz's wife is so hot it plays a subconscious factor in my decision not to want to fire him
smackeddog
11/12/2019  9:35 PM
Fiz's wife should be our new coach
Chandler

11/13/2019  9:32 AM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

The reports were he preferred nY. Can’t blame him bc Milwaukee is the pits

Of course giannis would be a draw. So was KP

Every player and coach is brought up with ny for negotiations. He had no real interest.

He wanted to coach a star player

Maybe he thought KP was a star -- not that crazy to believe.

I think the issue was that Atlanta was projecting as needing to unwind and then rebuild and there was an expectation of at least a few ugly years

We looked ready to turn the corner.

Regardless, there were plenty of reports to corroborate this. Maybe it was gamesmanship, maybe not

We also passed on Clifford and Casey

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/13/2019  9:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:Fiz's wife is so hot it plays a subconscious factor in my decision not to want to fire him

it's probably the only reason he's still coach

(5)(5)
smackeddog
11/13/2019  11:51 AM

This made me laugh--Mills is probably in that old photo stood next to jack nicholson at the end of the shining

Woj: Mills Angling for Fizdalr Firing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy