[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Mills Angling for Fizdalr Firing
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/11/2019  8:04 PM
Shameless stuff by mills- he chose not to hire Bud (catastrophic mistake), opted for Fiz and assembled a roster that everyone knew in the off-season didn't fit together. Now they sacrifice him to save their own hides.
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/11/2019  8:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:Shameless stuff by mills- he chose not to hire Bud (catastrophic mistake), opted for Fiz and assembled a roster that everyone knew in the off-season didn't fit together. Now they sacrifice him to save their own hides.

While your right Fizdale is awful

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/12/2019  7:43 AM
toodarkmark wrote:The worst organization in all of sports. What coach would come to this team, knowing they'll just be fired in a few years, is beyond me.

A coach desperate for another chance.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/12/2019  8:12 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Once Fiz is fired....everybody on the outside looking in will have 2 words...."Dumpster fire"

That's been our slogan for decades.

Knicks_Fan
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
11/12/2019  8:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2019  8:18 AM
That press conference was ridiculous. I feel like it was orchestrated/demanded by Dolan.

Meanwhile KD, Kyrie and KP are smiling.

Every day I see more and more why Andrew Yang jumped ship.

This organization is toxic. Being a fan for all these decades under this you might wonder if you're in an abusive relationship.

I'm still here, but hard to see real improvement until the team is sold, which may never happen.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/12/2019  8:20 AM
Its funny:

We all have seen the games. The way this team has been coached has been put into question by EVERYONE related to the Knicks. Some players seem to be misused and we have yet to see a system and a consistent lineup now in year 2.

Yet all this new controversy is turning Fiz into a martyr and Mills into the real evil.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about either. They have both failed miserably at their jobs. Mills seems to still hold his job because he plays Dolan and the MSG game very well, but can be argued is ill-suited for his position. Fiz seems to be his coaching equivalent, a great assistant coach liked by so many and great at selling himself and a fictitious vision that never materializes as the lack of system and in-game coaching has been evident since his Grizzlies days.

Knicks_Fan
MS
Member: #724
11/12/2019  8:28 AM
Meanwhile...

Our embarrassment of an owner had a fan removed from the Cavs game for starting a fire Dolan chant. Little Jimmy proving yet again why he’s a loser that can convince anyone to come to the Knicks. Absolutely ****ing disgrace.

Fans paying big prices again and seeing the worst product in the league have the right to boo and start whatever chant they want.

This team will never improve.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/12/2019  8:40 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Once Fiz is fired....everybody on the outside looking in will have 2 words...."Dumpster fire"

This organization has been on fire for 20 years and running down the street and free agents are gettin out the way.

fwk00
Member: #6048

11/12/2019  8:56 AM
Knicksfan wrote:Its funny:

We all have seen the games. The way this team has been coached has been put into question by EVERYONE related to the Knicks. Some players seem to be misused and we have yet to see a system and a consistent lineup now in year 2.

Yet all this new controversy is turning Fiz into a martyr and Mills into the real evil.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about either. They have both failed miserably at their jobs. Mills seems to still hold his job because he plays Dolan and the MSG game very well, but can be argued is ill-suited for his position. Fiz seems to be his coaching equivalent, a great assistant coach liked by so many and great at selling himself and a fictitious vision that never materializes as the lack of system and in-game coaching has been evident since his Grizzlies days.

This is one of the most observant of the comments.

*Everyone* who is a Knicks fan has essentially doubted the veracity of both the game tactics and the player deployments for two years. There is near unanimous consensus that his coaching has been at best - AT BEST - highly questionable.

His competence alone is the issue at hand and this has nothing to do with Mills or Perry per se - not that we love them or hate them - just that Fizdale is the game runner.

Where Fizdale does get entangled with the FO is that he "hugs" Perry players. We well know Fizdale is a talker and he sucks up to Perry far more than Mills. Last year's minutes were spent not on building a long term system of play but with dedicating the time to players who almost to a man are no longer here - Mudiay, Hezonia, and so forth.

Chances are Perry didn't force those minutes - rather Fizdale was nod and winking at Perry saying "I'm your man."

This year that "hugging" backfired. The garden crowd called out Fizdale for his solitary confinement of Ntilikina. And he *still* manages to put Ntlikina in with obvious 'fail' lineups.

Firing him would be a blessing.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2019  10:09 AM
smackeddog wrote:Shameless stuff by mills- he chose not to hire Bud (catastrophic mistake), opted for Fiz and assembled a roster that everyone knew in the off-season didn't fit together. Now they sacrifice him to save their own hides.

yeah, I mean Bud had no incentive to go coach Gianis?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/12/2019  10:16 AM
martin wrote:

The reports were he preferred nY. Can’t blame him bc Milwaukee is the pits

Of course giannis would be a draw. So was KP

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/12/2019  10:20 AM

12 coaches in 18 years.
Dolan sees Mav's game and gets brave to come to game. Blow out and taunts. Im sure he was freaking pissed off.
Jimmy hates all the CEO stuff he does is negated publically because the Knicks suck. Major asset, likely horrific Taxes for him and the family to personally divest. He does not need "to go", he really just needs to disappear and let someone else over see the holding for him. I don't feel sorry for him but his interests and the fans are one and the same: Feel good about the team, its progress and ultimately winning!!!!!
So he has a human reaction and creates a shyt show pressor and now the buzz is about "What about........."
This team exhausts me.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/12/2019  11:35 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Its seems as though as Fiz is a likable guy and this is a problem. I don't think he can hold players accountable. They like him and they don't always play hard enough because of that.

Its unreal to me that he complains about ISO and spacing yet continues to play Morris and Randle together! They are the same player!! We don't need both at the same time. Now, this is a FO folly move not necessarily Fiz's fault but he must play the cards dealt to him and he is not doing it right. That is why the press conference yesterday.

I don't like MIlls and I don't like Fiz. I think Perry is OK and I would be OK with him being GM/President. However, I think Fiz is his guy, so that is a worry.

IF Perry is not a fiz guy then I say promtoe hime, fire Mills and FIz and put Mike Malone as head coach. Let him TEACH and run a GD SYSTEM besides Randle bringin up the ball!!!!!!

How many times does Randle have to turn the ball over until Fiz realizes its not working!! OMG!!

Randle or Morris should be on the 2nd unit. I would go with Morris as starter and Randle as a PF off the bench.

The lineup should be:

Frank
RJ
Knox
Morris
Mitch

DSj
Trier
Dotson
Randle
Taj

Let the rest fight for time as needed. Ellington can play if Trier or Dotson are off. Iggy should play if all 3 above are off.

WHere is Portis? Well, until he learns how to use that 7' wing span for Defense, he should sit. Yes, his play in the 2 wins was crucial but the same could be said for the 7 losses. Taj should play more than Portis always.

I like your lineups, with a few caveats. Knox can start, but he must be attached at the hip to Taj, This way, his defense becomes real or he is immediately corrected. Morris' position is safe, until December 15th, when we cash that ticket for a draft pick and a player to be named later. He's here for one year and will be too costly a re-up. When he goes, Randle moves back to the starting lineup and we see what Portis can offer in the second unit.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
fwk00
Member: #6048

11/12/2019  12:07 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Bud wanted NY. The elephant in the room is racism. Fizdale's whole schtick is the smooth talking that was expected to appeal to FAs. "Who *wouldn't* want to play for Fizdale?", was the unspoken mantra.

Passing on Bud was THE most lamentable mistake of the FO. But it doesn't rise to incompetence, just wishful thinking.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/12/2019  12:20 PM
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Bud wanted NY. The elephant in the room is racism. Fizdale's whole schtick is the smooth talking that was expected to appeal to FAs. "Who *wouldn't* want to play for Fizdale?", was the unspoken mantra.

Passing on Bud was THE most lamentable mistake of the FO. But it doesn't rise to incompetence, just wishful thinking.

Miluakee was a ready made team with proven talent like Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Brodgon. Its really hard to see Bud passing that up for the Knicks. But from what I remember, Bud wanted to also pretty much be the defacto GM and not just the coach. Same reasoning for his divorce with ATL. That is most likely what Mills and Perry weren't able to agree to in terms of the terms.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
11/12/2019  12:21 PM
But Bud was def the choice I was begging for. I was also realistic once Miluakee showed interest.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/12/2019  12:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2019  12:42 PM
Fiz problem is HE WANTS

Randle to be LBJ..

RJ to be wade

Morris to be Bosh

He's trying to run the same sht they ran in Mia, but the spacing is horrendous..

Randle doesn't have the PG IQ like labron, RJ is no where near wades IQ or skill level, and Morris has turned into a mid range shooter because he has no room in the paint

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/12/2019  12:46 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Miluakee was a ready made team with proven talent like Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Brodgon. Its really hard to see Bud passing that up for the Knicks. But from what I remember, Bud wanted to also pretty much be the defacto GM and not just the coach. Same reasoning for his divorce with ATL. That is most likely what Mills and Perry weren't able to agree to in terms of the terms.

This is all true re ready made team but there were multiple reports he wanted to coach and live in NY. AND he added a ton of value to that lineup

I don't remember the GM stuff. I do remember he didn't want to tank and certainly didn't want a long rebuild. In that regard NY had more promise than Atlanta because we already had KP, love or hate THH bug got him to contribute, etc.

And FWIW in both Atlanta and Milwaukee he never had that superstar pg.

(5)(5)
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/12/2019  1:09 PM
See, if you want to bring in a new coach, that’s all fine and good but we still have the same MAJOR roster problems. We have a major point guard problem. Frank is fine but he’s definitely not going to play like he did in Dallas, most games. We have A LOT of very low IQ players. Barrett and Knox and Ntilikina still need to develop A LOT before they can take the keys.

What coach is going to change that? Mills and Perry should be equally accountable.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
newyorknewyork
11/12/2019  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2019  1:14 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

This is all true re ready made team but there were multiple reports he wanted to coach and live in NY. AND he added a ton of value to that lineup

I don't remember the GM stuff. I do remember he didn't want to tank and certainly didn't want a long rebuild. In that regard NY had more promise than Atlanta because we already had KP, love or hate THH bug got him to contribute, etc.

And FWIW in both Atlanta and Milwaukee he never had that superstar pg.

We had more promise than ATL at the time, but not Miluakee. Bucks were supposed to be a contender going into Kidds last season and underachieved. Freak averaged 27-10-5-1.5blks-1.5stls on 52.9%FG that season at 23 yrs old. KP was set to miss the upcoming season off his Freak(pun intended)injury.

Woj: Mills Angling for Fizdalr Firing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy