11/11/2019  1:32 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/11/2019  1:42 PM
I like Fizdale, but based on this years results and what I have seen, it is hard to argue against firing him.

That he hasn't had enough time isn't a really compelling reason.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/11/2019  1:44 PM
Curious. MIlls haters will say Mills does this to preserve his job?
Was this Perry's hire?

Has Fiz totally messed up Dennis and Frank? Knicks have a lot of scouts and assistant coaches. If Fiz is a destructive force then he has to go. Does it matter whose fault it is? Of course it is!!! LOL!!!!
Is Fiz getting "Shafted" again??? I know the record is not good, but what don't we know if this report is legit?

Nalod
USA
11/11/2019  1:49 PM
franco12 wrote:I like Fizdale, but based on this years results and what I have seen, it is hard to argue against firing him.

Maybe, maybe not. Its a compelling reason but a more compelling question. 12 coaches in 18 years.
If true Knicks must have a hell of a reason to do this with that kind of track record and this early in the season. Is it a panic move or more fundamentally based?

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/11/2019  1:50 PM
franco12 wrote:I like Fizdale, but based on this years results and what I have seen, it is hard to argue against firing him.

I like Fizdale too and have been rooting for him but he really isn’t a System coach in any form. I understood last year since we were clearly tanking but this year we have let at least 3 games slip away because of bad decisions and having no structure on offense. I’m starting to think that he is simply not a head coach. Might fit best as an assistant again
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2019  1:51 PM
Nalod wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. Its a compelling reason but a more compelling question. 12 coaches in 18 years.
If true Knicks must have a hell of a reason to do this with that kind of track record and this early in the season. Is it a panic move or more fundamentally based?

I don’t know what to believe with Woj’s Knick reporting. He hated Phil that bias always came out in his articles during Phil’s tenure.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/11/2019  1:53 PM
It sucks for Fizdale but I don't have a problem with this. The current rotation is slow footed with Morris and Randle but the roster is not. He can relegate either Randle or Morris to the bench and play them at PF. Start Knox or RJ at the 3 spot. Start Trier or Dotson at the 2. Start Mitch at the 5 with Portis and Gibson backing them up. Start Frank and have DSJr back him up.

but NO!!! He has to start Randle and Morris together and play them a lot together with Morris at the 3. Yup. Slow footed.

Nalod
USA
11/11/2019  1:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I don’t know what to believe with Woj’s Knick reporting. He hated Phil that bias always came out in his articles during Phil’s tenure.

Im in the deductive reasoning camp. If this is true, what can a new coach bring that better damn well improve things beyond an easier schedule and getting players back. What is Fiz doing that he can't change that would cause his dismissal?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2019  2:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2019  2:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I'm leary of Woj too. He obviously write with an agenda. That said, he is plugged in. If he says Fix is in the hot seat, it's probably true. It's his conjecture or "sourceless" tie in statements that you have to take with a grain of salt.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/11/2019  2:32 PM
Fiz hasn't had enough time orgood enough players but it's hard to see any compelling reason to think things are going to improve under his watch. I think he should still get a decent amount more time -- I mean we're not going to the playoffs. On the other hand are the players getting into bad habits and rhythms with him?
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/11/2019  2:38 PM
Fiz deserves to be fired

So fire him

If we just fired him, it'd be like ok wow, and then the NBA world would move on quick

By dragging it out with all this drama, we are just welcoming a whole lot of unwanted attention on how weird we are. And that impression will stick, and never be forgotten.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/11/2019  2:40 PM
The only person I have ever advocated for the Knicks to fire was Scott Layden. I don't want Fiz to get fired, I want him to make the proper adjustments.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/11/2019  2:46 PM
anrst wrote:Fiz deserves to be fired

So fire him

If we just fired him, it'd be like ok wow, and then the NBA world would move on quick

By dragging it out with all this drama, we are just welcoming a whole lot of unwanted attention on how weird we are. And that impression will stick, and never be forgotten.

I agree with this. Very bad look

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2019  2:53 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:The only person I have ever advocated for the Knicks to fire was Scott Layden. I don't want Fiz to get fired, I want him to make the proper adjustments.

Yeah, but the other side: look at who we brought in to replace Layden. I don't want Fiz to get fired either, but I don't want to see another crazy lineup with Frank at PF, RJ our point guard in the halfcourt and Randle our initiator on the fastbreak.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/11/2019  3:47 PM
Its seems as though as Fiz is a likable guy and this is a problem. I don't think he can hold players accountable. They like him and they don't always play hard enough because of that.

Its unreal to me that he complains about ISO and spacing yet continues to play Morris and Randle together! They are the same player!! We don't need both at the same time. Now, this is a FO folly move not necessarily Fiz's fault but he must play the cards dealt to him and he is not doing it right. That is why the press conference yesterday.

I don't like MIlls and I don't like Fiz. I think Perry is OK and I would be OK with him being GM/President. However, I think Fiz is his guy, so that is a worry.

IF Perry is not a fiz guy then I say promtoe hime, fire Mills and FIz and put Mike Malone as head coach. Let him TEACH and run a GD SYSTEM besides Randle bringin up the ball!!!!!!

How many times does Randle have to turn the ball over until Fiz realizes its not working!! OMG!!

Randle or Morris should be on the 2nd unit. I would go with Morris as starter and Randle as a PF off the bench.

The lineup should be:

Frank
RJ
Knox
Morris
Mitch

DSj
Trier
Dotson
Randle
Taj

Let the rest fight for time as needed. Ellington can play if Trier or Dotson are off. Iggy should play if all 3 above are off.

WHere is Portis? Well, until he learns how to use that 7' wing span for Defense, he should sit. Yes, his play in the 2 wins was crucial but the same could be said for the 7 losses. Taj should play more than Portis always.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/11/2019  3:54 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Its seems as though as Fiz is a likable guy and this is a problem. I don't think he can hold players accountable. They like him and they don't always play hard enough because of that.

Its unreal to me that he complains about ISO and spacing yet continues to play Morris and Randle together! They are the same player!! We don't need both at the same time. Now, this is a FO folly move not necessarily Fiz's fault but he must play the cards dealt to him and he is not doing it right. That is why the press conference yesterday.

I don't like MIlls and I don't like Fiz. I think Perry is OK and I would be OK with him being GM/President. However, I think Fiz is his guy, so that is a worry.

IF Perry is not a fiz guy then I say promtoe hime, fire Mills and FIz and put Mike Malone as head coach. Let him TEACH and run a GD SYSTEM besides Randle bringin up the ball!!!!!!

How many times does Randle have to turn the ball over until Fiz realizes its not working!! OMG!!

Randle or Morris should be on the 2nd unit. I would go with Morris as starter and Randle as a PF off the bench.

The lineup should be:

Frank
RJ
Knox
Morris
Mitch

DSj
Trier
Dotson
Randle
Taj

Let the rest fight for time as needed. Ellington can play if Trier or Dotson are off. Iggy should play if all 3 above are off.

WHere is Portis? Well, until he learns how to use that 7' wing span for Defense, he should sit. Yes, his play in the 2 wins was crucial but the same could be said for the 7 losses. Taj should play more than Portis always.

I agree about the lineup. Keep Morris in there who can spread the floor and play better D than Randle. Let Randle loose on second units and he should tear it up and get some mojo back. Knox is the ideal 3 as a floor spacer between Barrett and Morris.

toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
11/11/2019  5:42 PM
The worst organization in all of sports. What coach would come to this team, knowing they'll just be fired in a few years, is beyond me.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/11/2019  6:00 PM
Anybody hear Woj on the Michael Kay show? If yes, anything noteworthy?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/11/2019  6:14 PM
OK - they fire Fiz...
Or all 3 brothers will be fired by Dolan.
Then what?
The bunch or raw mismatched pieces we have on the roster will suddenly became a world beaters.
Why suddenly fans and all have expectations set so high on this thing?
They cannot win much and will not no matter who will coach or be in the FO.
So what the point?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

11/11/2019  7:40 PM
Once Fiz is fired....everybody on the outside looking in will have 2 words...."Dumpster fire"
Woj: Mills Angling for Fizdalr Firing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy