Isiah and His Approach.....
Author Thread
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
9/30/2004  11:31 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I think Steve Mills, the President should get some props. He runs things also!

It's funny how Mills has looked so much smarter since Layden was fired.
AUTOADVERT
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
9/30/2004  11:40 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Actually, he had five months to work with Sweetney (July through December). See, under Isiah (but not Layden) the offseason actually matters and is a crucial time to work with players.

Actually, the collective bargaining agreement prohibits teams from overseeing any offseason workouts with their non injured players. So outside of summer league and training camp, they had about 2 months with Sweetney before his rookie season started. I guess Layden was supposed to have made him a seasoned veteran in that 2 month time period. Especially with his job on the line.

So what workouts has Isiah been having with his players during the offseason? It must be a crucial time to work with them since they aren't even allowed to do so. Oh wait, maybe under Isiah (but not Layden or any other GM in the entire league) the NBA and the Players Association allows the CBA to be circumvented.
back up to 2 months? first 1, then 1 1/2 months?
bottom line is layden would'nt take any part in the development of his players. acctually he was'nt a player, so what would he know? besides he did'nt draft sweetney because he's such a great "evaluator" of talent, he drafted him because he was the best player available. that's just common sense.
one more thing, how did you know that layden's job was on the line? as much as we wanted it to happen, i don't think anyone on this board knew that. (not even layden)
Isiah and His Approach.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy