[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?
Author Thread
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
11/11/2019  4:37 PM
Vmart wrote:
anrst wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:If you have NBA league pass, try listening to the opposing teams commentators, they trash the Knicks summer as being the most confusing and ridiculous overhaul of a roster. Identifying our pickups as rejects from other teams, and bench players..that's a direct shot at Perry and mills.

Fiz is way over his head, he doesn't have the IQ or the staff to make this work. A direct reflection on the Gm.

I've been saying it for yrs, the minute we hired mills, we started back losing, and that has not changed. He's the biggest embarrassment this franchise ever hired.

Fiz perry and Mills, have not changed the culture, have not been able to attract anyone worth mentioning, we're not a defensive team, we're not an offensive team, were not bullying anyone, and we are so unprepared almost every night..

You can't fire fiz without firing mills or perry, if not both since they claimed to collaborate on everything

Mills and Fiz need to go. Perry is given the keys for the next 1.5 years. Bring in the GLeague coach and see what happens.

Let Perry know if you don't win, you are out too.

Other teams and coaches are winning with less.

i kind of agree. enough mills already. it's amazing this guy is still around.

give perry the power if we can't get musai.

Perry has done nothing here made mistakes all over the place. He brought in 4 power forwards and 4 point guards all the dude has done is exacerbate the situation with repetitive positional moves.

Perry drafted well. Mitch, Knox, Barrett, Iggy. Can't knock any of those picks and you could even say he made the right pick each time.

We had zero power forwards before the signings.

But even if you have a problem with Portis and Ranldle and the like, I can't assume that this was Perry's agenda. My bet is Mills is driving the train. (But I base this on close nothing. Mostly just imagination.)

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/11/2019  4:46 PM
anrst wrote:
Vmart wrote:
anrst wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:If you have NBA league pass, try listening to the opposing teams commentators, they trash the Knicks summer as being the most confusing and ridiculous overhaul of a roster. Identifying our pickups as rejects from other teams, and bench players..that's a direct shot at Perry and mills.

Fiz is way over his head, he doesn't have the IQ or the staff to make this work. A direct reflection on the Gm.

I've been saying it for yrs, the minute we hired mills, we started back losing, and that has not changed. He's the biggest embarrassment this franchise ever hired.

Fiz perry and Mills, have not changed the culture, have not been able to attract anyone worth mentioning, we're not a defensive team, we're not an offensive team, were not bullying anyone, and we are so unprepared almost every night..

You can't fire fiz without firing mills or perry, if not both since they claimed to collaborate on everything

Mills and Fiz need to go. Perry is given the keys for the next 1.5 years. Bring in the GLeague coach and see what happens.

Perry has done nothing here made mistakes all over the place. He brought in 4 power forwards and 4 point guards all the dude has done is exacerbate the situation with repetitive positional moves.

Perry drafted well. Mitch, Knox, Barrett, Iggy. Can't knock any of those picks and you could even say he made the right pick each time.

But even if you have a problem with Portis and Ranldle and the like, I can't assume that this was Perry's agenda. My bet is Mills is driving the train. (But I base this on close nothing. Mostly just imagination.)

I give him credit for MR that was an unseen move by him. But Knox, Barrett were pick where they were suppose to be picked and Iggy well we don’t even know what he is at this level yet.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/11/2019  5:01 PM
Anyone hear how shaky Steve’s voice was? I get a feeling Dolan must have torn him a new arshole right before that conference. He sounded shooken up.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/11/2019  5:36 PM
Vmart wrote:
anrst wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

YOu may be right. But Perry has drafted well here and ok in Sac too. Orlando was mediocore (Payton?).

Lets say Mills has final say, so maybe all the signings were not his ideas.

UNless you can get a quality GM now, keep Perry for a bit of continuity. His record is decent.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/11/2019  5:54 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
anrst wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

YOu may be right. But Perry has drafted well here and ok in Sac too. Orlando was mediocore (Payton?).

Lets say Mills has final say, so maybe all the signings were not his ideas.

UNless you can get a quality GM now, keep Perry for a bit of continuity. His record is decent.

I think you have to move away from Perry. He has really done nothing of note but MR. like I said majority of the draft were players where they were suppose to be pick. Not much out of the box thinking required there. As far. As Orlando horrible but Oladipo he was around for that but he was also around for them stuck with Hezonja over Oladipo.

I can’t justify his moves they are kind of lame.

Kemet
Member: #6148

11/11/2019  8:10 PM
Why did Dolan have to confront Mills & Perry at halftime last night to FIRE Fizdale ???
Fizdale's clueless decision-making on starter lineups should've been Fired after the Kings or Piston Game !!!

Its understandable that we had to pick from the bottom of the litter to put in the front-office because no winning coach/GM/or president want to replace HOF Phil Jackson.
It does show the Knicks does have very low level people in the front-office and coaching staff !!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2019  9:20 PM
Kemet wrote:Why did Dolan have to confront Mills & Perry at halftime last night to FIRE Fizdale ???
Fizdale's clueless decision-making on starter lineups should've been Fired after the Kings or Piston Game !!!

Its understandable that we had to pick from the bottom of the litter to put in the front-office because no winning coach/GM/or president want to replace HOF Phil Jackson.
It does show the Knicks does have very low level people in the front-office and coaching staff !!!

The Knicks did an extensive coaching search and chose on Fiz over Bud. Good candidates were applying. The Knicks missed out on David Griffin because Mills didn't want to give up power.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2019  9:28 PM
Good work here by Berman.
CrushAlot
USA
11/11/2019  9:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Good work here by Berman.

Bondy also with a good article.
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
11/11/2019  9:56 PM
The FO is not infuriated with the losses. Mills says so himself. The FO is not happy with the way we lose some games. We lost by 20 3 out of the last 4 games against the Kings, pistons and cavs. Nobody expect many wins.

Berman says

The Knicks do not have a player on the roster who has come close to making an All-Star team.
With the exception of Drummond(no Griffin), who is the sure all star the cavs, Kings and pistons have?

Last year we signed players on the out or at most minimum salary guys.
This year we have real NBA players. These guys would have been signed by other teams had we not. Maybe not at that salary but we didn't commit long term. They are role players but still NBA players.

Plus Knox has improved, Barret is already making an impact. There's no way we should lose as badly as last year.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2019  9:58 PM

I agree with some of this. But I find it hard to believe that Perry/Mills crafted this roster without feedback from Fix. One of the things they touted during the Fiz hiring was his comparability with front office. Is it too soon to fire Fiz? Yeah, probably. Does he need to improve? Heck yeah. I knew we were probably a 30 win team, maybe a little better if everything works right. The problem isn't that Morris is miscast at SF. The problem is our coach hasn't rein him in. Is Randle really this trash? The dude was getting better his last two years. Same with Payton. But they've gotten away from what made them solid NBA players. Do I blame them? I'm sure they'd like to run more two-man plays. Why not try that more when Payton gets healthy. I'm high on RJ, but it was unfair to put him in the position of lead intiator when you're trying to win games. Do we have stars? No, but we have solid role players who've shown that they can perform at the right level in the right role. They just need a coach who can put them there.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/11/2019  10:08 PM
the fact that the FO is trash and probably sneaky (in Mills case) does NOT mean that Fizzdale is less than a horrible coach

He does nothing well. He doesn't develop players; he doesn't game plan well; he doesn't adjust; he can't close; and he make horrendous amateurish mistakes every other game

We played several good teams and had close defeats (that's about as positive as we can say); We are also extremely close to being winless

He needs to go, as does Mills, and probably Perry. Perry is the least bad of the bunch. But someone has to own this roster creation and this coach selection

(5)(5)
fwk00
Member: #6048

11/11/2019  10:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I agree with some of this. But I find it hard to believe that Perry/Mills crafted this roster without feedback from Fix. One of the things they touted during the Fiz hiring was his comparability with front office. Is it too soon to fire Fiz? Yeah, probably. Does he need to improve? Heck yeah. I knew we were probably a 30 win team, maybe a little better if everything works right. The problem isn't that Morris is miscast at SF. The problem is our coach hasn't rein him in. Is Randle really this trash? The dude was getting better his last two years. Same with Payton. But they've gotten away from what made them solid NBA players. Do I blame them? I'm sure they'd like to run more two-man plays. Why not try that more when Payton gets healthy. I'm high on RJ, but it was unfair to put him in the position of lead intiator when you're trying to win games. Do we have stars? No, but we have solid role players who've shown that they can perform at the right level in the right role. They just need a coach who can put them there.

I thought the FO had an inspired summer.

First they dodged signing the twin albatrosses [KI and Durant].

Second, they did analyze the gold standard attributes of FA who were out of reach AND identify the next best performing players who were available.

Randle, Gibson, Portis, Ellington, and so on all represent highly desirable players who, though not superstars, can deliver results if coached correctly. [Personally, I think Fizdale is a fail in this regard].

Fizdale reminds me of Bill Clinton in that by hugging the FO so tightly, they are mistaken for the same vision. I'm not so sure. Perry certainly added some players who fit the lunch-pail profile Memphis had under Fizdale so there is at least that.

Randle is not trash but he can't become a caricature of Melo - that's just cruel. Morris is the better option of the two.

Time to recalibrate the roster just a hair.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/12/2019  1:55 AM
Firing Fiz at this point would be silly. This roster is flawed. You hired the guy, so you have to give him a fair chance. We just had a great win in Dallas, now one game later we want to fire the coach. That press conference was a bad move. Let Fiz finish the season and evaluate him then. Worse case scenario, the team continues to suck, we get another top-5 pick and we finally draft a pg who can run the team for the next 10 years.
Trust the Process
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/12/2019  3:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:The Knicks did an extensive coaching search and chose on Fiz over Bud. Good candidates were applying. The Knicks missed out on David Griffin because Mills didn't want to give up power.
Did we actually chose Fiz over Bud? I thought Bud chose the Bucks over us? Honestly, who would've chosen us over a 44 win playoff team with Giannis?
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
11/12/2019  6:02 AM
TheGame wrote:Firing Fiz at this point would be silly. This roster is flawed. You hired the guy, so you have to give him a fair chance. We just had a great win in Dallas, now one game later we want to fire the coach. That press conference was a bad move. Let Fiz finish the season and evaluate him then. Worse case scenario, the team continues to suck, we get another top-5 pick and we finally draft a pg who can run the team for the next 10 years.
Even Mills would not survive another season like last year after their offseason spendings. The narrative is not to only develop the youth and tank for Zion but to install a winning culture. That means at least compete in games.
Fiz doesn't seem to be a good coach. It's time for yet another change.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/12/2019  7:06 AM
shinmen wrote:
TheGame wrote:Firing Fiz at this point would be silly. This roster is flawed. You hired the guy, so you have to give him a fair chance. We just had a great win in Dallas, now one game later we want to fire the coach. That press conference was a bad move. Let Fiz finish the season and evaluate him then. Worse case scenario, the team continues to suck, we get another top-5 pick and we finally draft a pg who can run the team for the next 10 years.
Even Mills would not survive another season like last year after their offseason spendings. The narrative is not to only develop the youth and tank for Zion but to install a winning culture. That means at least compete in games.
Fiz doesn't seem to be a good coach. It's time for yet another change.
No disputes that we probably need to clean house at the end of the season but my point is that firing Fizdale now makes no sense. It is better to let the season play out. If the team improves, so be it. If the team does not, then you fire Mills, Perry, and Fizdale and start over.
Trust the Process
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/12/2019  7:35 AM
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I thought the FO had an inspired summer.

First they dodged signing the twin albatrosses [KI and Durant].

Second, they did analyze the gold standard attributes of FA who were out of reach AND identify the next best performing players who were available.

Randle, Gibson, Portis, Ellington, and so on all represent highly desirable players who, though not superstars, can deliver results if coached correctly. [Personally, I think Fizdale is a fail in this regard].

Fizdale reminds me of Bill Clinton in that by hugging the FO so tightly, they are mistaken for the same vision. I'm not so sure. Perry certainly added some players who fit the lunch-pail profile Memphis had under Fizdale so there is at least that.

Randle is not trash but he can't become a caricature of Melo - that's just cruel. Morris is the better option of the two.

Time to recalibrate the roster just a hair.

I agree with this a bit. I like the FO moves so far. The only criticism that you can lay on them is what they did as far as the PG position. They should have retained Mudiay at a minimum. Yes, 4 PG's might have been excessive, but the three we have all had really giant question marks on them.

As far as Fizdale, I've liked the guy from day 1. I thought he did a good job last year motivating the team. And he is probably a better motivator than x & o's guy. And maybe instead of firing Fizdale, they should insist on some additions to the bench. Bring in some former HC that is happy to be in the back just installing and running a better offensive system.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/12/2019  7:42 AM
Vmart wrote:
anrst wrote:
Vmart wrote:
anrst wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

I give him credit for MR that was an unseen move by him. But Knox, Barrett were pick where they were suppose to be picked and Iggy well we dont even know what he is at this level yet.

I disagree. Mikal and Miles Bridges were consensus higher picks than Knox. Fwiw.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/12/2019  7:48 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Anyone hear how shaky Steve’s voice was? I get a feeling Dolan must have torn him a new arshole right before that conference. He sounded shooken up.

My theory is that both Mills and Perry know how embarrassing it was to make such a press conference under all those circumstances. But they had an earful from Dolan earlier and he might have demanded they expressed the ticket holders that this wasn't to be expected any further.

Knicks_Fan
Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy