[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/11/2019  7:30 AM
No thread on this? Seems like Fizdale might be on the hot seat and not left with many more games that he can lose before he get’s fired.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/10/knicks-brass-publicizes-frustrations-in-wild-news-conference/

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/11/2019  7:46 AM
I see the circus is back in town!!! Why do we need a presser after 9 games? Just makes us look more like a clown show! This franchise (Dolan) can't stay out of his own way....Em-******barrassing!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/11/2019  8:21 AM
Go from the elation of the Dallas Victor to a blow out loss at home an awful start to the season. The blowouts are concerning. Team feels good about a win comes home and falls that flat badly. I see the symptoms but cannot the cause.
Its not what Mills/Perry/Fiz are are saying. Its what is not being said.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/11/2019  8:37 AM
They were clear: it’s about the effort and they are right.

Fans know this team is hardly a playoff team, but even after the frustration of a close lose they will trade that for the embarrassment of the blowout losses to teams arguably as bad as us at least on paper. It’s becoming a trend that this team is having issues playing at home and competing to the end.

It all boils down to the coach, which is why they made the presser. Coach came after them. They sure won’t argue about roster construction because that’s on them. So effort is on the coach and the players. They are basically letting people know lack of effort won’t be tolerated and action will be implemented if things don’t change in the next 10 games.

Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2019  8:43 AM
Uptown wrote:I see the circus is back in town!!! Why do we need a presser after 9 games? Just makes us look more like a clown show! This franchise (Dolan) can't stay out of his own way....Em-******barrassing!

This. Scary times. Firings, dumb trades, scrapping the rebuild etc. all could be in the future. Hoping they give this team and coach a chance to figure things out. Not sure why this message wasn’t given behind closed doors.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MS
Member: #724
11/11/2019  8:46 AM
I think it’s more the clowns in the front office trying to save their jobs.

They are the architects of this roster and while I don’t believe Fizdale is a good coach it’s very hard to succeed when you sign 4 power forwards and a bunch of guys on 1 year deals that want to play.

Again, Mario and Noah would have been better fits for this offense and had defined roles. With Randle, you should have just brought Rubio in on a two year to stabilize the offense while they figure out if Smith and Frank can play and what their roles will be.

Downright criminal watching Fizdale over play and misuse Barrett already. He had the kid playing over 35 minutes in the preseason.

This team isn’t getting any free agents ever at this pace. It’s time to make a trade and figure out how to acquire some more picks. We need to move 2 of the 4 forwards immediatley otherwise this is going to be common place the rest of the season.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/11/2019  9:10 AM
Mills needs to honestly, him and perry did a terrible job at assembling this roster, they did a terrible job at hiring a coach, and now they are looking for a scapegoat.

Can't blame melo, can't blame the triangle, can't blame the players,

ES
JrZyHuStLa
Member: #1241

11/11/2019  9:22 AM
Steve Mills: "I like the direction the tank is headed."
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/11/2019  9:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:I see the circus is back in town!!! Why do we need a presser after 9 games? Just makes us look more like a clown show! This franchise (Dolan) can't stay out of his own way....Em-******barrassing!

This. Scary times. Firings, dumb trades, scrapping the rebuild etc. all could be in the future. Hoping they give this team and coach a chance to figure things out. Not sure why this message wasn’t given behind closed doors.

It was cause Dolan told them to give the message publicly. He’s probably pissed at all of them.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2019  9:33 AM
franco12 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It was cause Dolan told them to give the message publicly. He’s probably pissed at all of them.

No doubt. I am always amazed at the approach taken. It’s like they brainstormed what could we do to make this situation worse and went from there. This just makes the Knicks look dumb again. Putting out a fire with gasoline doesn’t work.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/11/2019  9:34 AM
I’m not gonna put all the blame on Fizdale but I do think he has a lot to do with the issues. There is no system, no set plays, free throw shooting is clearly not being worked on in practice. We may not have superstars but we have talent on this team to at least make things interesting if there was better direction. Way too many times I see our big guys dribble the ball ip the court and either launch threes or do ISO and turn the ball over and Fiz does nothing to reprimand them. This whole “positionless” basketball is not working. The rotations also tend to be not good either or when he does find a good one he often won’t go back to it. Look I’m not giving up on him but these are things he needs to change right away
Uptown

11/11/2019  9:38 AM
franco12 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is what I'm thinking...I honestly feel like the front office and Fiz are on the same page, the question is, is Dolan on the same page? We need to stay the course and don't make any cosmetic trades like trading for Chris Paul or some over the hill big name player with a big contract to make a splash. Move Morris and Ellington at the deadline for picks and continue to rebuild this thing the right way.

Who cares that the fans are getting antsy or newspapers and talking heads are fighting for the best hot takes, and taking shots at us. Hopefully, Dolan stays out of the way and et Perry do his job.

Uptown

11/11/2019  10:05 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I’m not gonna put all the blame on Fizdale but I do think he has a lot to do with the issues. There is no system, no set plays, free throw shooting is clearly not being worked on in practice. We may not have superstars but we have talent on this team to at least make things interesting if there was better direction. Way too many times I see our big guys dribble the ball ip the court and either launch threes or do ISO and turn the ball over and Fiz does nothing to reprimand them. This whole “positionless” basketball is not working. The rotations also tend to be not good either or when he does find a good one he often won’t go back to it. Look I’m not giving up on him but these are things he needs to change right away

Curious, how much blame do the players take? And what would you blame them for?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/11/2019  10:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Not happy with the product either, but I have to disagree about this press conference. Wanted to throw a brick through the TV, every time I heard Layden, and Isiah, saying that they like their team, no matter how bad things got, regardless of the effort. Mgmt usually crawls into a hole, in this situation. This time they faced the fans and owned up for the bad start. Forced to or not is anyone's guess.

They made a point of saying that its not the losses, its the effort. Fizdale is on the hot seat sooner than expected, but what do you expect after a performance like that? Still dont believe Fizdale will be fired before Smith jr, and Payton are back, and back in the rotation. If nothing changes, believe Miller will get the nod.

Shouldnt be giving out awards to Perry/Mills for talking to the fans. Considering MSG usually goes into bunker mode at times like these, its an improvement.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/11/2019  10:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Harvard Business Survival 101. (Make sure you throw everyone else under the bus to preserve your standing)

Mills putting it out there that the people responsible for the slow start(NOT HIM) have to turn this around or they (NOT HIM) will be held accountable. And he is upset that everyone (NOT HIM) is screwing up the perfect situation he created.

FYI. How does sending a signal of early panic help later on if they try to unload some of there FA pieces? If Knicks are publicly showing dissatisfaction with current rosters performance, how will they get highest and best value for them later on? Say this **** behind closed doors. Fire the coach half way through the season if you have to. But what good is coming out this early and making it seems like things are not working out. This is just bull**** PR to set a narrative he has no culpability.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/11/2019  10:18 AM
The impromptu presser would have happened a couple of days sooner if we had lost to Mavs badly and it would have included a statement saying "Fizdale has been let go".
It's a warning shot from Mills. You are the coach, you are the one in the trenches with the team. Execute your vision or get out.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/11/2019  10:24 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I’m not gonna put all the blame on Fizdale but I do think he has a lot to do with the issues. There is no system, no set plays, free throw shooting is clearly not being worked on in practice. We may not have superstars but we have talent on this team to at least make things interesting if there was better direction. Way too many times I see our big guys dribble the ball ip the court and either launch threes or do ISO and turn the ball over and Fiz does nothing to reprimand them. This whole “positionless” basketball is not working. The rotations also tend to be not good either or when he does find a good one he often won’t go back to it. Look I’m not giving up on him but these are things he needs to change right away

You make some good points. However, feel like putting the blame on the coach is always the easiest. Does Fiz need to work on some changes, absolutely. But it takes a lot more than a coach not calling the right plays to lose this badly. Keep in mind the same game plan beat the Mavs the previous game. These are professional players. They need to come out with more intensity. More importantly, as you mentioned, they need to hit shots. Let alone a freaking FOUL shot. Issue is that the players we have are just not consistent. Some have a great game one night then disappear on the next. That's not on the coach and that is the definition of a average player in today's NBA.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
MS
Member: #724
11/11/2019  10:25 AM
Also have to take into account the way this organization tries to do business.

When we made the conference semi final vs Indiana, our first playoff series win in over a decade they were telling fans they needed to buy rangers tickets in order to become a Knicks season ticket holder. Fast forward to this offseason after being in the lottery for 5 years they thought they were getting Zion they tried to charge up front fees of 10-15K to get season tickets.

At a certain point, the illusion of a plan runs out. Patience is running out and our young guys look marginal. Headed to the lottery again and what do we have to show for it. Mitch and RJ. That’s it. Which puts us behind 80% of the league.

Steve Mills is the new Herb Williams.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/11/2019  10:29 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

You make some good points. However, feel like putting the blame on the coach is always the easiest. Does Fiz need to work on some changes, absolutely. But it takes a lot more than a coach not calling the right plays to lose this badly. Keep in mind the same game plan beat the Mavs the previous game. These are professional players. They need to come out with more intensity. More importantly, as you mentioned, they need to hit shots. Let alone a freaking FOUL shot. Issue is that the players we have are just not consistent. Some have a great game one night then disappear on the next. That's not on the coach and that is the definition of a average player in today's NBA.

I’m not saying FIzdale is to blame for everything. You are right we have players who are inconsistent BUT this team is not as bad as we saw last night. We also let games get away this year from bad coaching decisions. So it’s a mixture. My issue with FIzdale is that you can’t just say “Go play positionless basketball”. You need some type of structure otherwise it’s chaotic no matter who is playing. Also he gives the green light to too many guys especially big guys on the three point line. Yes I agree the players still need to hit shots and free throws but I know this sounds corny practice helps. In high school our coach always dedicated the last half of practice to foul shooting and it helped even our worst foul shooters
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/11/2019  10:41 AM
Spare us the conference and just make the move already. Just another tactic to waste time. Bad hires cost the organization and fan base time. Get a good coach that has the ability to teach and develop talent. Since it is a middle of the year hire it looks like Mike Miller is the teams best bet.
Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy