[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How do the Potential PG draft prospects stack up compared to D.Russell?
Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
11/7/2019  8:39 PM
Not advocating for a trade as we're terrible either way right now - but curious how people see the 2020 PG prospects when thinking about their potential and pairing with RJ for the future? Russell is the only PG now who may complement RJ as he is a strong outside shooter and ball handler. He's also a lousy defensive player and needs the ball in his hands a lot... DSJr seems either injured or really messed up emotionally - even if he regains his form - not sold on him pairing with RJ well as they both don't shoot well from outside.

Do we look for a PG that complements RJ as he is ball dominant right now OR do we look for a ball dominant PG and let him and RJ figure out how to share the ball? I think of how Phx brought in Rubio who handles but defers to Booker much of the time - and it's working well. Right now it's hard to tell if RJ is going to be special (build around) or simply head and shoulders above what we have (since we suck). Wish Frank could have moved to the US as a teen and learned some playground assertiveness skills :) What do others think about pairing a future PG with RJ - Payton and/or Frank would make great backups in that situation btw...

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/7/2019  9:01 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Not advocating for a trade as we're terrible either way right now - but curious how people see the 2020 PG prospects when thinking about their potential and pairing with RJ for the future? Russell is the only PG now who may complement RJ as he is a strong outside shooter and ball handler. He's also a lousy defensive player and needs the ball in his hands a lot... DSJr seems either injured or really messed up emotionally - even if he regains his form - not sold on him pairing with RJ well as they both don't shoot well from outside.

Do we look for a PG that complements RJ as he is ball dominant right now OR do we look for a ball dominant PG and let him and RJ figure out how to share the ball? I think of how Phx brought in Rubio who handles but defers to Booker much of the time - and it's working well. Right now it's hard to tell if RJ is going to be special (build around) or simply head and shoulders above what we have (since we suck). Wish Frank could have moved to the US as a teen and learned some playground assertiveness skills :) What do others think about pairing a future PG with RJ - Payton and/or Frank would make great backups in that situation btw...

As I said in another thread, Cole Anthony is the pg we need to target in the draft and he would cost us nothing but another ****ty season. But we are used to that, right?...Don't think we have enough to pry Russ from the Warriors. I'm sure in order to even get them on the phone we would have to offer some 1st round picks and I ain't down for that.

Anthony plays on both sides of the ball, and is the ideal lead guard to pair with RJ because he can really shoot it and get to the hole. He is more athletic than he looks and as a bonus, he's from NY!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/7/2019  9:12 PM
Heard a podcast with Danny Leroux where he said that the Warriors want to keep Russell.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/7/2019  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2019  9:28 PM
Cole Anthony and Maxey would both compliment RJ well. Maxey isn’t a pure PG but does all the things we need next to RJ. 3pt shooting, defense and dribble penetration. Anthony is more of a pure PG, although a scoring one. Both would be excellent. Ball I’m concerned about. He’s a shaky shooter at this stage.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2019  9:52 PM
Knixkik wrote:Cole Anthony and Maxey would both compliment RJ well. Maxey isn’t a pure PG but does all the things we need next to RJ. 3pt shooting, defense and dribble penetration. Anthony is more of a pure PG, although a scoring one. Both would be excellent. Ball I’m concerned about. He’s a shaky shooter at this stage.

Ball has the highest upside, but he also has a high bust potential. I'm not sure Cole is developed as a playmaker yet, and he's short. But the dude has talent, he has defensive pedigree and we can be sure he's getting good coaching at UNC. Not too informed on Maxey, but I'll check him out and scout him like I do the others, on my couch with a Bud light.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/7/2019  10:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2019  10:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Cole Anthony and Maxey would both compliment RJ well. Maxey isn’t a pure PG but does all the things we need next to RJ. 3pt shooting, defense and dribble penetration. Anthony is more of a pure PG, although a scoring one. Both would be excellent. Ball I’m concerned about. He’s a shaky shooter at this stage.

Ball has the highest upside, but he also has a high bust potential. I'm not sure Cole is developed as a playmaker yet, and he's short. But the dude has talent, he has defensive pedigree and we can be sure he's getting good coaching at UNC. Not too informed on Maxey, but I'll check him out and scout him like I do the others, on my couch with a Bud light.

Ball and Mannion are the 2 pure PGs. I don’t think we need that. We need a PG that can shoot and drive. Maxey has a bit of Lou Williams to his game. Big shot potential and will live at the free throw line. Cole Anthony is a PG in the mold of Lillard or kemba. Good but not great athlete, and great shooter and scorer. Either would be fine. RJ hampton also has potential as a fit.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2019  11:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Ball and Mannion are the 2 pure PGs. I don’t think we need that. We need a PG that can shoot and drive. Maxey has a bit of Lou Williams to his game. Big shot potential and will live at the free throw line. Cole Anthony is a PG in the mold of Lillard or kemba. Good but not great athlete, and great shooter and scorer. Either would be fine. RJ hampton also has potential as a fit.

Mannion scares me the same way Trae did. Guys like that...if there just half step to slow, it can be uphill. I'm checking his progress too.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
How do the Potential PG draft prospects stack up compared to D.Russell?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy